Version 14.0 Test Version 6 Released

• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

#1 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:03

Get the latest release at the PWCG web site

Skins for PWCG are at the PWCG Skins Page

This is a test copy. EXPECT BUGS!!! I need people to exercise it to wring things out.
This version unzips to directory RoFCampaign14Test5 so it will not overwrite your installed PWCG.

Version 14.0 Test 6
Fixes for Test 6
Made PWCG start with more heap memory in the JVM
All JPGs use lower resolution. They are now 20% the original size with no noticeable quality loss.
Better channel maps
Fixed a bug where the campaign screen would not reset properly after an error.
Small change to make mission creation more efficient.

Version 14.0
Virtual Waypoints
- Using ME constructs to make AI flights perform "virtual" flights
- Not having the planes on the map means tremendous improvement in performance
- Makes many more flights possible
- Eliminates need for many canned flight patterns, making contact more natural
- Contact with the enemy happens exactly as it would if the AI was really flying the mission

Attacks - tanks vs artillery for ground attack missions.
- Attacking infantry, tanks, machine guns, and artillery
- Defending pill boxes and artillery

3rd party objects at airfields (Thanks Vander and JimTM)
- Hot spots filled by:
- Water tower
- Airfield Objects
- Ground Crew
FE2b
- Added to game with proper squadrons (lots of them in 1916/1917)
- Mapped French planes to FE2b
- Farman F.40, Voisin L.III, Caudron G.IV
- French and Belgian skins available at the PWCG web site

Match operational tempo to battles.
- If you are in an active battle zone
- Increased odds of contact patrol or bombing mission for two seaters
- Increased odds of ground attack for Allied scouts, and ground attack two seaters
- Increased mission frequency
- Increased odds of supporting or stopping an infantry assault

Added Contact patrols
- Low altitude patrols close to the front
- See flare when contact is made

Changed Artillery AAA to fire at 10x rate. Allows for more fire with fewer entities (Thanks requiem).
- Balloon AAA and front AAA
- Not used for low level missions because it is too deadly.

Player and AI pilots can now be made prisoner
- Land behind your lines, in NML or near one of your positions and you are safe.
- Land behind enemy lines and the deeper you are the less likely your escape.

Add sea plane flights to non-seaplane missions

Modeled front lines for both sides.

Added Requiem's Wound Modification
- Set from user preferences in advanced configuration

Eliminated non-viable mission message. Now some missions will be without contact.

Bugs:
- Ambient balloons do not appear as a claimable victory
- Fixed some errors in ground position ownership
- Moved 5 and 7 RNAS to more historically accurate locations
- The Medals are not showing properly in Combat report
- Arty spot grid not appearing in missions
- Cleaned up unused advanced config parameters
- No more landings. AI aircraft are now deleted before landing. Player can land normally but will not land automatically.
- Added delay for balloon winch and made winch rate slower
- Fixed issue where a balloon claim could be denied
- 8 RNAS did not have any planes assigned for a two week period in September 1917

#2 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:49

Pat, did you forget the link to your download page? :lol: :lol: :lol: :S!:

S!Blade<><

#3 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:58

Thanks mate, did you also made some corrections on the claims of the aces!! Bit to high, Manfred and Guynemer both had more then 100 according to your PW-CG !!
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#4 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:10

Is this the correct link for all your new skins?

http://www.pwcampaig.../PWCGSkins.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.pwcampaig...erator.com/WebS … Skins.html

#5 Razneff

Razneff

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:36

Yes, J.j., it is!

#6 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 20 May 2013 - 15:16

Thanks for chugging away here Pat!

#7 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 20 May 2013 - 16:24

Okay, now I'm confused.

Are the new skins inside the 13.7 download or do we have to download those separately?

Thx.

#8 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 20 May 2013 - 16:46

The skins have to be downloaded separately. Version 13.7 associates the skins with the squadrons, so you need 13.7 to actually see the skins in missions.

#9 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 20 May 2013 - 16:54

Okay. I recall we had to download the skins separately in the last version so I went ahead and did so this time, too.

Great stuff!

Thanks again!

#10 fubar2niner

fubar2niner

Posted 20 May 2013 - 17:40

Thanks for the new skins Pat, and JSGME friendly too :S!: Well done indeed sir .

Best regards.

fubar2niner

#11 Razneff

Razneff

Posted 23 May 2013 - 13:02

Ok, I had a small problem with my actual running campaign. Flying for Spa3, on July 26th 1917, so I've missions both on Channel and France map. On the first mission loaded into France map, my first mate was spawned with his plane inverted, and second one into one hangar with a part of his left rudder sticked on it, so he wasn't able take off. Was myself spawned into another hangar, but with no problem for me to take off. In La Lovie airfield. Pat, perhaps it's a well known issue, but I've kept a screenshot of my hangard's stucked mate, and also the both missions files (first one in ".eng", and second one in ".mission"). I wanted to sent both to you via MP, but cannot figure how to make it. Anyway, if you need that, tell me how do do. :xx:
Thank's again for ur great program anyway, I'm enjoying it moreover since I've discovered that my rig could sustend some great missions even on the Channel map, hehehe…

#12 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 23 May 2013 - 13:30

La Lovie is the key bit of information. I'll look at it.

#13 Razneff

Razneff

Posted 23 May 2013 - 13:56

Thank you sir!

#14 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:40

Oh, I forgot one question: I've seen that in the Albatros DIII MFJ pack there are OAW and non OAW skins. Does that mean that the non OAW skins are compatible with the Johannistal mod by Elephant?

#15 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:39

pat did do a flight jasta 5 with my son, noticed that the icons on the ingame map are not in the right place. Never noticed this because I'm flying without, but in this case it did give us some disorientation..
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#16 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 25 May 2013 - 15:39

JJ: Not really sure about the skins - they looked OK so I went with them.

Dutch: What kind of mission?

#17 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 25 May 2013 - 16:58

JASTA5 flying Alby DVa/DIII balloon defence in 11-8-1917

#18 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 26 May 2013 - 17:02

Ok, I had a small problem with my actual running campaign. Flying for Spa3, on July 26th 1917, so I've missions both on Channel and France map. On the first mission loaded into France map, my first mate was spawned with his plane inverted, and second one into one hangar with a part of his left rudder sticked on it, so he wasn't able take off. Was myself spawned into another hangar, but with no problem for me to take off. In La Lovie airfield. Pat, perhaps it's a well known issue, but I've kept a screenshot of my hangard's stucked mate, and also the both missions files (first one in ".eng", and second one in ".mission"). I wanted to sent both to you via MP, but cannot figure how to make it. Anyway, if you need that, tell me how do do. :xx:
Thank's again for ur great program anyway, I'm enjoying it moreover since I've discovered that my rig could sustend some great missions even on the Channel map, hehehe…

So I went to look into the issue and encountered a snag: Esc 3 is never stationed at La Lovie in either static or moving front mode. Can you attach the mission file to a post?

#19 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 26 May 2013 - 18:55

Starting a new RNAS career. had a really enjoyable first mission.

My first action and what a go! I get three Halberstadts! After a miserable take off and then struggling to form up, my squadron mates must wonder what they have in me. We chance upon a scrum in progress, some German Halberstatds and our own Nieuport 17s. We join in. One dives down to attack me and some of his bullets strike home. However, he has put himself below me. I press my advantage and drive him down. A strike starts radiator fluid leaking. Another catches me unawares and hits my wing. My squadron mates drive him off so I continue with the first. Aftrr hard maneuvering my bullets strike home in his cockpit and he tumbles and crashes. My first!

I climb for altitude, my Pup wonderfully responsive. My wing is damaged so I am ready to head home. Then I spot a Hun chasing one of our own. I can't leave him. As the Hun is firing on my mate I open fire on him. He makes a clever move and I lose him. The broad wings on the Pup make keeping visual contact a chore. I climb and reassess. I see him below me and make a firing pass. Perfect position, press the trigger, and nothing! I climb away to clear my guns and reassess again. There is one passing below me. I roll over at him, which I realize too late is not a good idea at such low altitude. The ground rushes at me and I complete the maneuver with far too little to spare. The Hun turns into me and I fire. He goes nose down into the earth for number two.

I climb again and reassess. One more to go and there are several of us. I circle high and wait for one of my mates to finish the job, but they don't seem too keen to do it. I fly in, settle behind, and fill his machine full of lead until one of my bullets finds the man. He crashes. There is no thrill in this one as it feels positively like shooting somebody in the back. However, it must be done and he is down for number three.

I recently got track IR and I have been weening myself from padlock. It adds a great new dimension as it is suddenly possible to lose a target. Makes for great fun.

#20 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 26 May 2013 - 20:28

Didn't expect a new version so soon.

Thanks!!

#21 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 26 May 2013 - 20:32

Took 13.8 for a ride and it's working wonderfully!

New skins are great!

Thank you, Pat!

:S!:

HT

#22 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 26 May 2013 - 21:41

Just wanted to make sure so that I do this right:

I've got the PWCG version 13.8 installed.
So…
I also need to dl each of the skin packs, and then unzip them into the RoF/skins/whatever plane folder right?
I'll need to do this with every skin pack released for PWCG right? (or does the current released version of PWCG do this for me?)
Once we dl a plane's skin pack, we wont have to do so again for PWCG unless the release notes state that other planes were added to that pack, right?

BTW, I did look in the help section, the skins section, and the documentation section of Pat's site, but didnt see any answers to these questions, nor was there a readme in the skins file.

It would be great if there was a "download all skins" option :P

Thanks!

#23 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 27 May 2013 - 00:34

@Broadside: you have it right. I made a bunch of skins to do historical transitions and to fill in the squadrons that were missing. The skins are just like any other, and have been set up to work with JGSME. Not downloading the skins just means that they won't get used so it's not mandatory, but they're perfectly nice skins and would appreciate a workout :).

Once you have a skin pack once you don't need to download it again. I will try to avoid updating skin packs and instead just add new ones. I did not do a "download all" because it is about a GB of data.

#24 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:54

Thanks Pat. The dl wasnt that bad once I started clicking :)
Got it all installed pretty quickly actually, so better to have the planes separated I think.

I'm looking forward to seeing the trucks around the airfield, and hopefully some static objects as well.

This is some terrific work you're doing. This attention to detail (and having a system that allows me to flood the RoF environment with planes and things) has really made me want to fly more :D

#25 W1ndy

W1ndy

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:58

I recently got track IR and I have been weening myself from padlock. It adds a great new dimension as it is suddenly possible to lose a target. Makes for great fun.

You've been doing all this without TrackIR :0o:

#26 Rover_27

Rover_27

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:38

Thank you Pat!! Very cool!

#27 Razneff

Razneff

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:04

So I went to look into the issue and encountered a snag: Esc 3 is never stationed at La Lovie in either static or moving front mode. Can you attach the mission file to a post?

Yes Pat, sorry, i've realized my mistake yesterday, it wasn't at La Lovie it happened. I'm not with my own computer right now so I cannot remember the good place, but I'll be able to send you the good airfield name later this afternoon (I'm still flying this camapaign actually).

#28 fubar2niner

fubar2niner

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:17

Hi Pat I'm getting this error log when trying to Analyze Mission Logs;

Mon May 27 12:13:09 BST 2013
java.lang.NullPointerException
at rof.campaign.campaign.event.CampaignUpdater.personnelUpdates(CampaignUpdater.java:169)
at rof.campaign.campaign.event.CampaignUpdater.updatesForTimePassed(CampaignUpdater.java:42)
at rof.campaign.campaign.Campaign.finalizeUpdates(Campaign.java:389)
at rof.campaign.campaign.Campaign.updateCampaign(Campaign.java:343)
at rof.campaign.campaign.Campaign.updateCampaign(Campaign.java:291)
at rof.campaign.gui.rofmap.debrief.CampaignAARFromLogPanel.submitReport(CampaignAARFromLogPanel.java:274)
at rof.campaign.gui.rofmap.debrief.CampaignAARSet.getEvents(CampaignAARSet.java:232)
at rof.campaign.gui.campaign.CampaignHomeGUI.actionPerformed(CampaignHomeGUI.java:365)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

On a side note I just tried an 8 plane flight from Epinoy NW Cambrai, one of the aircraft spawned halfway through a hanger and was totalled :lol: . Not sure if this is peculiar to 13.8 as it's the first time I tried so many a\c in my flight.

EDIT: Just now tried a 7 plane flight all a\c spawned ok, just one peculiarity, a\c just sat on the ground with his engine running. I had to fly the mission myself else AP would keep taking me back to the airfield. V.Strange.

Any help much appreciated.

Best regards.

fubar2niner

#29 Razneff

Razneff

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:11

Yes Pat, sorry, i've realized my mistake yesterday, it wasn't at La Lovie it happened. I'm not with my own computer right now so I cannot remember the good place, but I'll be able to send you the good airfield name later this afternoon (I'm still flying this camapaign actually).

Ok, so I'm now on september 12th 1917. The airfield isn't named on the ingame map, neighter symbolised. But it should be Bailleul - the green path begins on location A1, 12c, closed to the city. I've unfortunatly deleted the missions files from the first mission I've told about here, but I'm keeping the one from 9/12/17.I would be pleased to upload the mission files here, but have no idea how to do. If I rebember correctly, the airfield hasn't changed. But the problem did: now, planes are no more spawed on their wings, but they are riding toward the hangar - I can u-turn myself on the ground, but I guess the ia's won't.

oh, perhaps I could do like fubar up here, and copy/past all the stuff?

#30 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 27 May 2013 - 14:43

last question: are you flying with moving front enabled?

If the problem is persistent I should be able to recreate it myself, so no need to upload anything right now.

#31 WW1EAF_Paf

WW1EAF_Paf
  • Tester

Posted 27 May 2013 - 15:13

Hi Pat,
your new versions coming too fast :)
I am importing some more objects into my campaign and want to ask you, if there are changes to the "input"-files planned in near future?

#32 Razneff

Razneff

Posted 27 May 2013 - 15:36

last question: are you flying with moving front enabled?

Yes I do.

#33 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 27 May 2013 - 15:59

Thanks Pat for all that you do. PWCG just keeps getting Better & Better.
I was playing around with the skins and combined them into 2 Folders in JSGME. This makes installing them easy. I don't know how i could share this with you, as the folder size is 1.2GB,(maybe e-mail them to you? If you like?) but the included picture shows the Folder structure. It is very simple, I just made a PWCG_Central_Skins folder and a PWCG_Entente_Skins folder and extracted the appropriate data folders from within each of your downloaded folders into them, letting them overwrite. The picture is basically self explanatory if any one wants to try this. Many of these skin dowmloads have the wrong Folder structure to work in JSGME. About two thirds of them are missing the "graphics" folder –> ROF/data/graphics/Skins/DH2 , is the proper structure. If moved into JSGME missing the "graphics" folder, JSGME will not install them, although it will appear to.

S!Blade<><

Attached Files

#34 Rover_27

Rover_27

Posted 27 May 2013 - 16:50

Do you think it's really that necessary to jsgme the skins? Why not just put em there and forget about it? Please enlighten me, gentlemen)

#35 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 27 May 2013 - 16:55

Exactly, I just manually drop them in the correct skins folder. Works fine.

#36 Kelly621

Kelly621

Posted 27 May 2013 - 16:58

Finally moved from Red Baron 3D to ROF…I know it took me long enough :) Pat thank you for this excellent add on program, I can not imagine being without it.

I do have one problem, the program works perfectly except I do not have an option on the Simple Configuration page to select the Channel Map….I only see the Moving front option. I own the Channel map and have double checked my installation of your program….I am obviously missing something? Any help appreciated.

Kelly

#37 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 27 May 2013 - 17:45

Do you think it's really that necessary to jsgme the skins? Why not just put em there and forget about it? Please enlighten me, gentlemen)

I am using JGSME because - at some point in the future - these skins will be part of a historical skin pack and I want to avoid dupes in case the naming convention changes.

#38 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 27 May 2013 - 17:47

Finally moved from Red Baron 3D to ROF…I know it took me long enough :) Pat thank you for this excellent add on program, I can not imagine being without it.

I do have one problem, the program works perfectly except I do not have an option on the Simple Configuration page to select the Channel Map….I only see the Moving front option. I own the Channel map and have double checked my installation of your program….I am obviously missing something? Any help appreciated.

Kelly

Welcome to RoF.

The Channel map is selected automatically when a mission is generated for squads/jastas based on the coast. No need to select anything.

#39 Kelly621

Kelly621

Posted 27 May 2013 - 18:17

Barkhorn1x
Thank you….

#40 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 27 May 2013 - 18:20

I am still using XP32bit and don't want to load more into the memory if I don't have to, especially if I go online. JSGME is a quick way to clear these skins out if I know i will not be using them.

S!Blade<><

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users