Photo
- - - - -

Forts of Verdun - Séré de Rivière system (update beta v0.4)

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#121 Genius

Genius

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:10

Hi,

Textures update by WWDubya :

J'adoreeeeeeeeeeee :P :mrgreen:

Bye
Genius

#122 Gunsmith86

Gunsmith86

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:32

very well done!!!! :D

#123 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 30 December 2013 - 19:59

Mind if I be a little critical? There is some pretty noticeable texture stretching.

Jason

#124 Genius

Genius

Posted 30 December 2013 - 23:35

Re, Yes you can.

I will try to correct it later, the 3d model of débris is too streching (in other terms, is my fault :xx: )

Bye
Genius

#125 Genius

Genius

Posted 05 January 2014 - 16:31

Re,

Adjust debris on ditch.

Bye
Genius

#126 WW1EAF_Paf

WW1EAF_Paf
  • Tester

Posted 05 January 2014 - 17:01

Very nice!

#127 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 05 January 2014 - 17:04

I like what you guys have done. Here is an observation though, can you get with Ankor and see id it is possible to match up your textures with his Bump_map_2 textures(looks like you are using them in your pics) to make he Fort Textures blend in more. It rellay sticks out like a sore thumb. I know you guys have put in a lot of time(have been watching progress over the weeks)and you are so close to having this just seamlessly mod right into ROF. I am not trying to hurt anyones feelings here, it is just an observation. Thanks for each of your input and sharing this with the community: Genius, SYN_Vander, WWDubya, Gunsmith86 and Rama.

S!Blade<><

#128 Genius

Genius

Posted 05 January 2014 - 18:57

Re,

Thanks.

I would try to change the substrate (with the Ankor tools) after the release (and after my other mods) to fits better on the map and remove trees. I'm not sure to succeed to integrate it better with the bump_map mod.

Bye

Genius

#129 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:43

East of the Meuse, North/NorthEast of Verdun, you can't miss it!
Here it is a single mission, (not totally translated-but the important information is in English), to be played mods on!

Hmmmmmm , I installed version v0.4 with JSGME and I put your mission in the single missions folder and started ROF with Mods = on. I flew the mission and saw where the Fort was marked on the map, but the Fort was not there. Have I missed something here? Is this mission still current to use with version 0.4, or only with v0.3? Thanks for any help here???

S!Blade<><

#130 Genius

Genius

Posted 06 January 2014 - 22:45

@Blade_meister, the mission of actionjoe is made with a previous version of the mod. The new version of the mod use different object library.

You have also a template for the mission editor (data/template fort_verdun active or static)

Bye
Genius

#131 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 07 January 2014 - 00:25

Re,

Thanks.

I would try to change the substrate (with the Ankor tools) after the release (and after my other mods) to fits better on the map and remove trees. I'm not sure to succeed to integrate it better with the bump_map mod.

Bye

Genius

The only way to do that is to actually capture the no man's land texture from in-game with the bump-mapping on. Like say with a big resolution screen grab.

Jason

#132 WWDubya

WWDubya

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:02

At this time, if you want the new modded texture on the forts, two "forts" sets will have to be made. One for the original NML texture (which is what we have now), and the other for the new NML texture. I'm not sure I want to tackle the new texture, as there is a chance that it will be updated, in which case yet another "forts" would need to be created, and so on, and so on, as more ground texture mods are added.

#133 Genius

Genius

Posted 08 January 2014 - 21:58

Yes, i will modify only substrate files not 3d model and his textured.

#134 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 09 January 2014 - 18:17

The only way to do that is to actually capture the no man's land texture from in-game with the bump-mapping on. Like say with a big resolution screen grab. Jason
This is what I did to get the closest possible match for the earth works 'fort' portion of the Tirpitz battery. I captured the terrain field the battery would be installed on using a 2550 x 1440 resolution, but even then much Photoshop work was required to get the colour to match.

As seen from screenshot below, Vander has his in-game bump mapping turned up to high/max level, and the fort surface does not have the same. There is no way around a visual disconnect depending on light and shadow conditions depending on the time of day.

That said, notice how better integration with game terrain is achieved where the fort stretches out and flattens more at the edges near the ends. I was going to suggest that you do this for your fort (which has more abrupt edges) but you seemed too far towards completion.

So if you want, stretch the margins of your mesh edges (the part supposed to mud and shell holes) well away from the fort till they are almost flat, and then make the margin irregular. When it gets placed into the ground it will blend in much better. Also, lots of the Photoshop work to match the hue and tone of the brown mud colour is required.

#135 Genius

Genius

Posted 09 January 2014 - 21:44

Hi,

The bump-map effect on the texture front is higher and as you said, too more works has been done.

May be i can create a transition with a substrate ?

Bye
Genius

#136 Genius

Genius

Posted 14 January 2014 - 22:14

Hi,

Trying substrate with Ankor85 map tool (WIP - just for test):

I try to recreate barbed wire.

At long distance (only substrate visible)

At short distance:

In his real position:

Nota: Douaumont is on a hill and 3D model follows the shape thereof, therefore it can't be used anywhere.

Bye
Genius

#137 AdolfStalin

AdolfStalin

Posted 04 February 2014 - 19:00

Hello, any news?

#138 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:11

Haven't checked this thread in a while, it is looking very good.

Not trying to be overly critical, but if possible, redo that part of the texture where the shelled terrain is just outside of the fort walls. The shell craters/holes are too big and it makes the interface with regular No-man's-land terrain more noticeable.

There could be texture stretching going on (because the shell holes inside the fort are fine), but even this can be corrected. The scale of that portion of the texture simply needs to adjusted, and should be an easy fix if the original texture file is still in Photoshop layers. Let me know.

:S!:

#139 Genius

Genius

Posted 05 February 2014 - 22:50

Hi all,

Thanks for your comments.

January is a big month of work IRL. :xx:

I have made three substrate texture to integrate the fort with a road connecting and i need to redo the rof editor group files with this.

For the texture, i'm not the creator (my few tests are ridiculous) but I'll try to see what I can do.

Bye
Genius

#140 AdolfStalin

AdolfStalin

Posted 08 February 2014 - 14:46

THX)

#141 AdolfStalin

AdolfStalin

Posted 14 February 2014 - 14:07

I think, need more HP

#142 =AxA=V.Alexx

=AxA=V.Alexx

Posted 15 April 2014 - 00:12

A long time there was no news here. I would like to know the progress of the mod?

#143 Fauxpas

Fauxpas

Posted 15 April 2014 - 14:19

How it shows now?

#144 Genius

Genius

Posted 15 April 2014 - 20:45

Sorry,

No news at this time, need to adjust some textures.

I will post as soon as there are real advances.

Bye
Genius

#145 AdolfStalin

AdolfStalin

Posted 24 June 2014 - 17:03

wake up

#146 Genius

Genius

Posted 24 June 2014 - 21:16

Yes too ! :mrgreen:

[Mod] Forts of Verdun v1.00

0 user(s) are reading this topic