Photo
- - - - -

Logitech extreme 3d pro or thrustmaster t16000

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Heidemann

Heidemann

Posted 16 May 2013 - 00:04

Hi to all pilots :S!: i want to buy a new joystick what do you suggest me logitech extreme 3d pro or thrustmaster t16000??thanks

Hauptmann Heidemann :x

#2 TX-EcoDragon

TX-EcoDragon

Posted 16 May 2013 - 00:23

Between those two, it's easy: Thrustmaster T-16000M

#3 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 16 May 2013 - 00:33

I'm a total T16000M fanboi. :oops:

#4 rbn

rbn

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:39

Easy indeed the T16000.

I had the 3D pro for about 2 weeks and started to spike already since it uses pots.
T16000 is a lot better in that regard.
The buttons on the base are better on the Logitech though.

#5 M.H

M.H

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:42

Easy indeed the T16000.

I had the 3D pro for about 2 weeks and started to spike already since it uses pots.
T16000 is a lot better in that regard.
The buttons on the base are better on the Logitech though.
What do you mean by pots ?

#6 =69.GIAP=STENKA

=69.GIAP=STENKA

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:18

Pot is abreviation for potentiometer.

A rotary (or sometimes linear slider) device where brushes run along tracks of varying resistance. The problem with these is that tracks/brushes wear and dust or dirt can interrupt contact resulting in a response that is irregular or "spikey".

A better solution is a Hall sensor where a magnet is moved near a sensor. There is no contact. They are far more reliable.

From memory T16000 has sensors for X & Y axes, logitech has pots.

I have used/tested dozens of different joysticks over the years including 2 Logitech. They felt good when new, after 6 months axes went spikey, I stripped them down to repair, they used very nasty little cheap plastic cased pots… threw them in the corner to rot. However I use several logitech keyboards, they are very good.

#7 M.H

M.H

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:20

Oh , now I get it .
I was wondering what that joystick uses marijuana for …..

#8 Heidemann

Heidemann

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:54

The only problem with the thrustmaster is the "small" throttle…

#9 rbn

rbn

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:02

The only problem with the thrustmaster is the "small" throttle…
Yes but its not that bad, I find the base buttons extremely cheap.
I opened it up and the base buttons are cheap membrane buttons, sometimes they don't register, and don't have an extra spacing between the buttons. I used some silicone spray to make them feel better which helped.

The stick itself feels really good, is very precise and has almost no slop. Which is the most important.

If they upgrade the base and put on real microswitch buttons they have a winner.

#10 Heidemann

Heidemann

Posted 16 May 2013 - 23:24

What is the best and most used joystick in rise of flight??i'm going mad searching for thrustmaster t16000,thrustmaster t flight stick x,thrustmaster hotas,saitek aviator dual throttle.Help me please… :shock: :shock: :shock: :xx:

#11 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 17 May 2013 - 00:04

What is the best and most used joystick in rise of flight??
Microsoft Force Feedback 2 (MSFFB2). They don't make them anymore, but are widely considered the 'gold standard' in force feedback JS that even more expensive sticks are compared to.

Do your homework, search, pick one up used. They are solidly built, will usually not disappoint, but no guarantees on the interwebs.

THEN AGAIN, one of the finest pilots in the RoF 'verse (he paid me to say so…), seems to recommend the Thrustmaster, so don't take my word for it…

I have been using a MFFB2 for 2 years in ROF. Its a wonderful joystick!.

I bought a TM T160000M a few months back but could not get it working properly, same drivers problems on my old PC.

Two weeks ago I Plugged it into my new PC and the drivers installed correctly the first few seconds.

Get yourself a THRUSTMASTER T160000M
http://www.thrustmas...roducts/t16000m" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thrustmas...roducts/t16000m

the precision and accuracy is far better than my old stick.

#12 tvrtko

tvrtko

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:47

I have Logitech extreme 3D pro and although
there is nothing…. "wrong" with this joystick,
I would recommend Thrustmaster. After some
3-4 of some average usage only problem I got
is that it is not precise - as it used to be. Then
again, you got some opposite examples like this:

forums.logitech.com/t5/PC-Gaming/Logitech-Extreme-3D-Pro-twist-issues/td-p/565298

#13 Heidemann

Heidemann

Posted 17 May 2013 - 17:15

Finally i bought the Thrustmaster t flight hotas x… :D i hope that is a good choice

#14 LordNeuro_Srb

LordNeuro_Srb
  • LocationNovi Sad/Serbia

Posted 20 May 2013 - 23:05

Finally i bought the Thrustmaster t flight hotas x… :D i hope that is a good choice

I was checking theat stick. Is it thise 1

http://www.thrustmas...tflight-hotas-x" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thrustmas...com/en_US/produ … ht-hotas-x

Cann u plz post how good the product is. Or sombady else if they have expirience with it to post here how good the stick is. Thx in advence.

#15 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 20 May 2013 - 23:31

I'm a total T16000M fanboi. :oops:

+1 The Thrustmaster T16000M is my current joystick and I think it is wonderful. :S!: MJ

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#16 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:55

Am I wrong? This Thrustmaster is not force feed back, right? No mention in the product features.

Helical spring (2.8 mm diameter) located in the stick providing firm, linear and smooth tension

This is a deal breaker for me…

#17 Jellybeantiger

Jellybeantiger

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:39

I have the T16000m combined with the CH Throttle Pro and it makes a great combo.

The T16000m has a twist rudder and the Ch Throttle has a great micriostick which can be propgrammed to use the mouse for views negating the need for a track ir ,well a track ir would be better but this comes close especially when ROF has a very good view setup in the launcher(camera tab).

I have to make do with a twist rudder as I use G27 pedals for racing sims.

The stick feels like butter, so precise.

The buttons aren't the best but I don't use many in ROF anyway.

#18 Jellybeantiger

Jellybeantiger

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:05

Just noticed my twist rudder is not what it seems in game controllers.

I have to twist it left really hard to get to it's full 100 percent while the right side is fine.

A bit of a drag.

#19 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 17 September 2014 - 20:19

Between those two, it's easy: Thrustmaster T-16000M
Completely agree, I love my TM16000m, it is very precise in its stick handling. Beware, if you are coming off using a Saitek stick(notoriously loose around center position)you will feel like the TM16000m is very twitchy around the center position and want to make dead zones to ease it up. Don't do this, just take some time and get used to the TM and its' positive sensitivity from center all the way out to its' farthest throw. I rarely change any response curves in ROF(except maybe to pitch for level fying) because the TM16000m is that good. It just takes a bit of practice to get your memory muscle feel for this stick. Highly recommended. :S!: Plus, you have to love the price, I will be buying another one as a back up soon.

S!Blade<><

#20 Surfimp

Surfimp
  • LocationSanta Barbara, CA, USA

Posted 17 September 2014 - 20:56

Another T.16000M fan here. Got one back in April, have been using it nearly every day and it's been totally reliable and helped my gunnery improve.

I use the slider for radiator control as I have a separate throttle (CH Pro).

I bought it almost on a lark to see if I could get something better than my Logitech G940. I was afraid I might miss the force feedback, but I didn't for a second. Overall the G940 purchase was a disappointment in every regard; the joystick was imprecise, the throttle spikes terribly, and the rudder pedals were uncomfortable and imprecise. Much happier now.

Founding Member, SPADaholics Anonymous

#21 J2_Jakob

J2_Jakob
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 18 September 2014 - 13:50

…you will feel like the TM16000m is very twitchy around the center position and want to make dead zones to ease it up. Don't do this, just take some time and get used to the TM and its' positive sensitivity from center all the way out to its' farthest throw.

This is exactly what I have done recently. I fiddled with it and to get rid of AC movement with only slightest touch around the center I went for ~8% deadband (both roll/pitch). When I was trying to go straight and looked out and below to scan for enemies, I was often rolling to that direction a bit (didn't want to, but it's a reflex - hand follows eye a tiny bit). This happens very scarcely now.
Also it was rather difficult to keep the gunsight on enemy when pulling the trigger. Pitch deadband seem to work fine. Now, whenever I use aileron, I KNOW I'm actually using it and I'm doing it for purpose (however ill-calculated it may be :lol: ). The same goes for the elevator.
I feel my flying is a lot smoother since then and gunnery more precise. Got any tip why not to do this?

#22 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 19 September 2014 - 21:50

…you will feel like the TM16000m is very twitchy around the center position and want to make dead zones to ease it up. Don't do this, just take some time and get used to the TM and its' positive sensitivity from center all the way out to its' farthest throw.

This is exactly what I have done recently. I fiddled with it and to get rid of AC movement with only slightest touch around the center I went for ~8% deadband (both roll/pitch). When I was trying to go straight and looked out and below to scan for enemies, I was often rolling to that direction a bit (didn't want to, but it's a reflex - hand follows eye a tiny bit). This happens very scarcely now.
Also it was rather difficult to keep the gunsight on enemy when pulling the trigger. Pitch deadband seem to work fine. Now, whenever I use aileron, I KNOW I'm actually using it and I'm doing it for purpose (however ill-calculated it may be :lol: ). The same goes for the elevator.
I feel my flying is a lot smoother since then and gunnery more precise. Got any tip why not to do this?
Hey to each his own, I just know that for me and the looseness I had become accustom to that I wanted to set dead zones to make it feel more like I was used to. Then I said to myself, "self!" We are trying to get more precise, so I left it stock and I have gotten used to it and am more accurate for it, but that is just me. :S!:

S!Blade<><

#23 tray522

tray522
  • LocationOklahoma, USA

Posted 18 May 2015 - 15:32

Hi All,

I have a Thrustmaster T-flight hotas X. The first one I got had a problem with the twist not working right. I called Thrustmaster and they sent me a new one out immediately. Their customer service is A-1.

I have been using this stick and throttle for 2 years with no problems, and this poor thing hasn't been spared any rough use! Thrustmaster did have profiles on their web site for many games. These profiles were done specially for the T-flight HOTAS-X. 

The profiles were on the same area that there software and drivers are.

After 2 years of hard use this stick is just as good as the day I got it. I have heard some folks say they have a dead spot in the middle, but I haven't had any problem with mine and the first one I had was quick to respond also. (except for twist)

There are better sticks....  but, for the price and customer service and the features,  this stick is hard to beat. "In my opinion"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users