Photo
- - - - -

I make no claim to be an artist but here goes....

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 SYN_Flashman

SYN_Flashman

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:55

F11 is the free floating camera, but it moves too fast to position it in detail. There is a button to slow the movement down, though. I'm not sure if you were aware of this.

Edit: would the Albie's prop disc not also be visible?

I didnt know that about the camera, I suppose I could have looked! I will play about with it later

Good point about the albie prop, I missed it. It appears to the right of the wing strut as a yellow haze. In the original screenies its over a wood and hidden somewhat. (woods are too complicated to draw for this sort of thing)

I will have a look at adding it later, though it might be one of them challenges to get right.

#42 SYN_Flashman

SYN_Flashman

Posted 19 May 2013 - 14:02

I have been spending the weekend on my latest picture (im getting rather carried away with this…..) which is called Tea and Medals.

Please note this is still WIP as I need to finish the propellor for the SE5a and put in a prop for the Alb.

Im having a dilema as to the background. The original screenie has this over the green ground and the first picture shows this but Im not convinced and I think the picture is a bit too 'busy' and the ground takes away the focus on the aircraft. After all these are what has taken me so long to draw!

I therefore made a second version with a background similar to Mr Vickers and Mr Lewis. This is just put together quite quickly so I might do a better job later but it gives you an idea. Which do you guys think is the best? I prefer the second one I think.

#43 SYN_Flashman

SYN_Flashman

Posted 19 May 2013 - 14:23

ALso Im going to amend the text probably. As a standalone picture it doesn't make 100% sense as you would expect the 'speech' to be from the german pilots perspective given the size of the Alb.

Its supposed to be a companion to my first, a continuation of the 'story'. I might do a third, I have an idea but it will need some fancy flying……

#44 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 19 May 2013 - 14:51

Much better with the sky in the background, IMHO.

#45 SYN_Flashman

SYN_Flashman

Posted 20 May 2013 - 20:21

Updated Green background Version of Tea and Medals

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This one has the props completed. Im still a little undecided at which I prefer and opinion is divided amongst the people I have asked.

#46 SYN_Flashman

SYN_Flashman

Posted 21 May 2013 - 14:46

Would anyone want a poster version of these two drawings when they are finally done? It can be arranged….

In fact t-shirts etc as I can sign up to a service such as Zazzle.com and have them printed anywhere in the world.

#47 J5_Spyboy

J5_Spyboy

Posted 09 February 2015 - 19:22

:S!:
They are very very good, where are you located worldwide Mr Flashman? Just to get an idea of postage. 8-)

#48 Spag

Spag
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 February 2015 - 21:30

:S!:
They are very very good, where are you located worldwide Mr Flashman? Just to get an idea of postage. 8-)

Well, I had forgotten all about this, as it seems so has the artist (last post 2013).
But I am still keen to buy posters and t-shirts.
Cheers,
Spag. :)

Bite off more than you can chew.

Then chew like Hell ! ! !

#49 SYN_Flashman

SYN_Flashman

Posted 09 February 2015 - 22:16

Hi Guys,

Im still doing stuff! In fact I have a new drawing on a different thread Rise of Flight Inspired Art

Im currently working on a fourth as well… The main reason for the big gap is that I took a new job 18 months ago and other stuff happened so I didnt work on anything for ages.

Im in the UK but there are ways of getting posters etc printed worldwide. However, im not there yet. One issue is that what appears on screen is not what prints. typically your screen is very bright and therefore when printed these images are too dark.

In the near future Im going to make contact with a local printer who can help me adjust the colouring so that printed versions look close to the on screen version, or my idea of what they should look like! Once I've dont that I need to standardise the speech across the different drawings (same fonts, size and yellow background.

Once I have the colouring sorted I will finalise the drawings and sizes as they are all slightly different and get versions ready for printing. Once done I can let you guys have copies etc via printing services in your own country.

This may take a few months before Im ready but its something I want to do,

Cheers!

#50 Spag

Spag
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:29

Hi Guys,

Im still doing stuff! In fact I have a new drawing on a different thread Rise of Flight Inspired Art

Im currently working on a fourth as well… The main reason for the big gap is that I took a new job 18 months ago and other stuff happened so I didnt work on anything for ages.

Im in the UK but there are ways of getting posters etc printed worldwide. However, im not there yet. One issue is that what appears on screen is not what prints. typically your screen is very bright and therefore when printed these images are too dark.

In the near future Im going to make contact with a local printer who can help me adjust the colouring so that printed versions look close to the on screen version, or my idea of what they should look like! Once I've dont that I need to standardise the speech across the different drawings (same fonts, size and yellow background.

Once I have the colouring sorted I will finalise the drawings and sizes as they are all slightly different and get versions ready for printing. Once done I can let you guys have copies etc via printing services in your own country.

This may take a few months before Im ready but its something I want to do,

Cheers!

Well that just sounds dandy.
Count me in.
I will have a poster and t/shirt or two.
Cheers,
Spag. :)

Bite off more than you can chew.

Then chew like Hell ! ! !

#51 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 05 April 2015 - 13:21

Wow and Gosh. Hey I need a poster for my flying comp that I  just invented not very long ago (checks watch) erm yes. Just now almost.

Great posters!

If you like you can borrow some ideas from my short stories!

SALUTE!

Plank .

-

Captured again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users