- - - - -

ROFMODS website is now open! [but not working 2018]

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#81 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 16 May 2013 - 20:18

There should be no overlapping files. mmmm…just thinking, are there any hidden files in the packages maybe? Like thumbs.db or something? That could create problems.

#82 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 16 May 2013 - 21:39

Vander,

I fixed the problem Luno was having.

Jason

#83 theMoxy

theMoxy

Posted 16 May 2013 - 23:52

"Is there a simple way to correct these settings as a permanent starting point?
No Moxy, you will have to get another pilot.
Cheers,
Spag. :)

Shutup Spag! :) Lol. yeah, yeah…I battled through my bout of retardation and figured it out - though i have to reset my starting head location before takeoff now - i guess i'll figure out how to make it permanent at some future point, when my brain grows a bit larger

#84 theMoxy

theMoxy

Posted 16 May 2013 - 23:53

The Moxy, after changing your pilots head position and zoom level to what you like, have you tried pressing F10 to save the view and make it the new default?

If that doesnt solve it, you might consider making a new topic on the technical support board with your question, since its rather out of place in this topic.

yes…finally figured it out. thanks and sorry - it was indeed off topic.

#85 Gadfly21

Gadfly21

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:22

Vander,

I fixed the problem Luno was having.

Jason

Yup, everything is working splendidly now, thanks! :S!: And thanks Vander for the great mods! I do hope to see more. :D

This is a pretty cool addition to the RoF website, so I want to show my support:

First person to PM me a detailed and well-drawn out reason as to why he/she wants to fly a specific scout will get said scout (I'm just going to limit this to exclude the SPAD 7s, sorry). Stories, poems, and drawings are acceptable. :D

#86 Gadfly21

Gadfly21

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:42

Taken :D :S!:

#87 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:25

The Moxy, after changing your pilots head position and zoom level to what you like, have you tried pressing F10 to save the view and make it the new default?

If that doesnt solve it, you might consider making a new topic on the technical support board with your question, since its rather out of place in this topic.

yes…finally figured it out. thanks and sorry - it was indeed off topic.

Glad you got it sorted :S!:

#88 J5_Spyboy

J5_Spyboy

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:26

Will Pat Wilsons campaigns be in this link?

#89 yaan98

yaan98

Posted 18 May 2013 - 15:58

Is there a step by step process to add the static objects to PWCG missions?

#90 jaydog

jaydog

Posted 18 May 2013 - 17:22

Do any of these mods work in SP / QM?

#91 Waldo.Pepper

Waldo.Pepper

Posted 19 May 2013 - 14:41

The link to "A.I. Mod Scouts + Accuracy v1.30" Doesn't seem to go anywhere/is not functional. I am alone in this phenomenon?

#92 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 19 May 2013 - 15:04

Please read all of my comments in this thread before complaining about a link not working.

Jason

#93 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 19 May 2013 - 16:24

Did use Ankor's and the JSGME software. Now I realise that vonTom was a genius, because he already implemented this kind of tool in his campaign manager for RB3d.
Where is vonTom nowadays?? :?:
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#94 No.42_Duff4r

No.42_Duff4r

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:37

Question?

For servers, specifically public servers, will it be possible to control which MODs the server runs and/or those that are allowed in the server?

Thanks,

No.42_Duff4r_XO

#95 ROSS_DiFiS

ROSS_DiFiS

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:59

weather generator beta 1.6

weather generator - is't directly mod. But it make possyble to change "set of clouds" for ModsOn-game.

#96 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:13

High resolution printable (8.5 x 11) sector maps for the original RoF map. Print and use them with plastic covers (or laminate) and grease pencils to mark your waypoints. Wipe clean for next mission. Tape them to your leg! Works a charm. :D

www.mediafire/Updated_RoF_Map_PNGs.zip

All in-game towns, villages, rivers, canals, and a few famous forests are now named.
Comes with a lovely custom-made compass rose at no extra charge… :lol:

This is an enlarged view of the PNG for Map 1, but shows the detail and scaling…

#97 WF2

WF2

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:05

How or who monitors the MOD's to debugs or improve them? Is there a topic section for comments and bugs for these too?

#98 AussiePilot

AussiePilot

Posted 22 May 2013 - 22:51

Hi Jason and Vander, will the use of these mods and the JSGME conflict with mods such as Avimimus' Gunner Position/Ai gunner mods that are installed directly into the luascripts folder as "worldobjects" ?

Vander, I think I already have one of your earlier mod versions in that worldobjects folder. I guess i would just simply delete it from there and then use the JSGME tool instead, is that correct?

Thanks for the top work guys, much appreciated.

#99 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 23 May 2013 - 16:58

Hi Jason and Vander, will the use of these mods and the JSGME conflict with mods such as Avimimus' Gunner Position/Ai gunner mods that are installed directly into the luascripts folder as "worldobjects" ?

Vander, I think I already have one of your earlier mod versions in that worldobjects folder. I guess i would just simply delete it from there and then use the JSGME tool instead, is that correct?

Thanks for the top work guys, much appreciated.

The only thing they will share is the worldobjects folder. There should be no problem.

Yes, just delete everything you installed earlier. Otherwise there will be a conflict I think.

#100 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 26 May 2013 - 22:50

Vander,
The Ground objects mod has a common file with Fubar's Engine Skin mod.

That shouldnt cause any problem eh?

#101 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 27 May 2013 - 14:18

Vander,

What is the name of the file, Broadside?

#102 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 27 May 2013 - 14:20

I have created some single missions for the Channel map earlier that could be added to the Rofmods page:

Channel Patrol - Single Player Missions

#103 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 28 May 2013 - 00:07

Vander,

Folder "data\graphics\textures\common" has already been added by the "Engine skin mod (Fubar)" mod.

#104 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:10

Vander,

Folder "data\graphics\textures\common" has already been added by the "Engine skin mod (Fubar)" mod.

Ah, that's not a file, but a folder. There are no issues with sharing the same folders across mods. It's just JSGME that is over-cautious. Just ignore the warning.

#105 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:19

Is there going to be any development with this page or is it just going to stay like it is? :x

#106 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:44

IF I've understood well, it's Jason who is managing the page, and he fails to find someone to "manage" it. So, I guess, he's busy, and as no more time currently to update the page and add new mods.

#107 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:44

Well, it was heralded loudly.. Jason 'bigged' it up with pre-announcements etc.
But yes, it seems now to be slipping under the radar a bit!

#108 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 03 June 2013 - 17:41

Cockpits mod here:

J.j.'s Cockpits mod

(some corrections to known ROF cockpits, options for British instruments or Italian instruments on French planes, or French instruments on the Nieuport 17 Lewis gun.

Being an English-supported mod, unlike my other mods or pack of mods, it will be to bad that it didn"t make it for English users! :)

#109 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:31

It's just me doing it right now. I'm busy with many things everyday to keep this ship afloat. I have one collaborator who does the design, but I collate and post all the mods. Takes time.

Jason

#110 Lothar_Hill

Lothar_Hill

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:44

Jason and the rest of the RoF mod community, here are a couple of things that should dramatically help this effort. But they need to be tested first, as I've only tried them on my machine so far.

First, here is an automatic installer version of JSGME built specifically for Rise of Flight. It reads the system registry to find where RoF is installed, and puts itself in the right spot. The only question is whether to install shortcuts to JSGME and its documentation PDF in your start menu and desktop.

This should REPLACE the old manual version here. The installer version of JSGME I built for OFF has been successfully in use for a year and a half, cleaning up all the problems people had with putting files in the wrong place. If the automatic installer version works, that should be it.

Attached are the requisite screenshots, though the ones of JSGME in operation can be kept since they have the nice explanatory text. But no more manually extracting archives and messing with files and all that crap! As I said, just needs to be tested to make sure the registry reading is consistent on other installs. Give it a try, folks.

Attached File  JSGME Installer1.png   15.98KB   314 downloads

Attached File  JSGME Installer2.png   15.96KB   314 downloads

Attached File  JSGME Installer3.png   23.63KB   314 downloads

Attached File  JSGME Installer4.png   35.72KB   314 downloads

Second, here is a little developer kit for the making such installers for RoF JSGME mods with the nullsoft scriptable install system.

By just changing a few lines in the installer scripts, RoF mod developers can make their own automatic installers that put the files into the correct, active JSGME mod folder for RoF (reads both the system registry to find RoF, then reads the JSGME.ini to find which mod folder is active). The resulting installers are easy to use and totally idiot-proof. You'll never have to deal with users who put stuff in the wrong place again.

Here are screenshots of the kit installing itself:

Attached File  JSGME Kit 1.png   18.58KB   315 downloads

Attached File  JSGME Kit 2.png   20.19KB   314 downloads

And the two example scripts that come with it, installers I quickly slapped together for a couple things no one's seemed to make JSGME versions of yet. First, hq_Matt’s No Siren Mod:

Attached File  JSGME Kit Ex1.png   18.67KB   314 downloads

And -bbob's Realistic Lens Flares:

Attached File  JSGME Kit Ex2.png   17KB   314 downloads

The automatic installer versions of both of these are available at the links above for now as well, though someone else can bother with screenshots.

The kit comes with documentation and is easy to use, and has been in successful use in the OFF mod community for a while. So all of you who've been making JSGME versions, this is the thing to try.

Lothar of the Hill People

#111 Laser

Laser

Posted 27 June 2013 - 16:42

Just a note, do not assume there are entries in the registry about Rise of Flight on 100% of computers. Because the simulator doesn't use the registry at all, one known method of backing up/moving RoF to another computer is by brute archive/copy of the installation folder (this method does work).

#112 Lothar_Hill

Lothar_Hill

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:20

Ah OFF does use the registry so the presence of paths there is reliable. In that case, I've reworked my kit a little for RoF. Installers built with it will first search the registry, and if don't find the RoF path revert to the default "$PROGRAMFILES\777\Rise of Flight". In either case, users have the option to change the path if the presumed folder is not correct.

Version 1.0.1 of my kit is here. I've also switched to the NSIS Modern User Interface. Here's the rebuilt JSGME for RoF installer:

Attached File  JSGME Installer1.png   22.15KB   843 downloads
Attached File  JSGME Installer2.png   23.97KB   843 downloads
Attached File  JSGME Installer3.png   23.27KB   843 downloads
Attached File  JSGME Installer4.png   28.21KB   843 downloads

The two example mods have been rebuilt as well, available at the same links as above. Making an installer for your mod is just as simple as setting a few lines in a script:

!define PROGVERSION "1.0.0" ; version number to use in .exe name !define PROGROOT "Realistic Lens Flares" ; root name of mod folder and resulting executable (version number will be added) !define PROGDOC "Realistic Lens Flares.rtf" ; license .txt or .rtf !define PROGTITLE "Realistic Lens Flares" ; program title !define PROGSUBTITLE "for Rise of Flight" ; program subtitle Generates "Realistic Lens Flares 1.0.0.exe" which installs the "Realistic Lens Flares" JSGME mod folder and "Realistic Lens Flares.rtf" documentation (which is itself shown in the installer).

Lothar of the Hill People

#113 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:23

I have a question concerning the A.I Scouts Mod v1.30 . As Tropes and Idioms website states:

'Artificial Stupidity: The default AI knows two maneuvers: turn and dive. Made better by AI mods.'

Does it mean after installing this mod, they will finally stop constant diving to the ground?

If yes, it will be a great relief, because there is nothing worse than slow climb to 5000 metres, then as the fight start, all they do is dive back to 100 metres. SO INFURIATING!

#114 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:40

Wykletypl,
I have noticed the enemy AI (occasionally) try to "climb-away" when you're on their tail. I almost overshot an N11 while flying a D.III the other day. I down-throttled all the way and waited for his usual split-S down to the tree-tops. Instead, the bastard hit the gas and did a climbing turn. It took me a while to catch him, and he bought enough time that I would've been in trouble if he had any help on the way. It was a nice surprise to see and a very welcomed change from the norm.

#115 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:29

I've also been seeing some climbing turns from enemies, which was very refreshing - and effective, I might add!

#116 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 15 July 2013 - 17:38

Is it me, or do the AI behavior mods negate the (somewhat) recent change of flight leaders climbing at less than 100% throttle? I'm usually at 25% less fuel than the rest of my flight, and I'm usually the only one that can (barely) keep up with the leader. It's odd though, because the leader usually has moments of fast-slow-fast-slow for no apparent reason, but he's usually balls-out to the first waypoint and the formation is never formed until after the first waypoint is reached.

#117 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 15 January 2014 - 14:10

Maybe it's idiot, I don't know, but don't you think the mods Drifter Ships, #1Ground Objects, #1Static Objects, #1Vehicles, #1Soldiers #1 should be deleted from the ROFMODS site? If they are now avialble throught the last update 1.032b, I don't see any reason to keep them online?

#118 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 15 January 2014 - 14:30

I can see it could lead to confusion, but then again, someone has to be devoted to maintaining the RoF site and monitoring events, taking action etc…

#119 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 15 January 2014 - 19:05

Maybe it's idiot, I don't know, but don't you think the mods Drifter Ships, #1Ground Objects, #1Static Objects, #1Vehicles, #1Soldiers #1 should be deleted from the ROFMODS site? If they are now avialble throught the last update 1.032b, I don't see any reason to keep them online?

But does Pat not need them for his PW-CG?
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#120 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 15 January 2014 - 19:10

Why, is Pat using a different version than the rest of us?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users