- - - - -

ROFMODS website is now open! [but not working 2018]

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#41 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:31

Feathered IV's loading screen

Adds a custom background for the mission loading screen that comes in place of the cinema. The new background is a period aerial photo of the battlefield.

Author: Feathered_IV

Attached Files

#42 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:38

3DVision Helix Mod

A mod that improves the compatibility of RoF with Nvidea 3DVision. It adds three custom settings of depth and convergence that can be selected at the press of a button:
- One setting that works best in menu's, or when any HUD elements or icons are switched on during flight
- One optimal depth and convergence setting that gives the most realistic effect, also in the cockpit
- One diorama setting that will let close objects pop out of the screen. This setting only works in outside view and can't be used in the cockpit.
You should only use this mod if you use NVidea 3Dvision, with the shutter glasses from Nvidea.

Author: Lefuneste

I wouldn't know how to post screenshots of this, either….

#43 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:53

The mods page has not yet been added to the menu bar.

Edit: nvm :oops:

#44 Gadfly21

Gadfly21

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:57

Jason already mentioned that.

#45 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:18

Ah, I missed that! :S!:

#46 Stick-95

Stick-95

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:08

Nice addition.

#47 Avatar

Posted 14 May 2013 - 15:14

Can't wait to check out some of these new objects in game (thanks Vander!) but this looks like a good addition to the site!

ASUS Maximus VII, i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 970 SSC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133, Win 7 Pro, Track IR5, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, 2 MFCDs, 32" Bravia & 2 19" Syncmaster monitors

#48 jaydog

jaydog

Posted 14 May 2013 - 16:20

This is very appreciated! Another example of you guys exceeding expectations!

#49 Fabioccio

Fabioccio

Posted 14 May 2013 - 16:32

Ambient AAA remover
:S!:

#50 Mogster

Mogster

Posted 14 May 2013 - 17:05

Vander's new objects are excellent.

#51 Branwell

Branwell

Posted 14 May 2013 - 17:45

Sorry - can I just clarify the install instructions?

I downloaded all 4 of Vander's objects zips (which are great :S!: ) and unzipped them into my main ROF folder, but then I couldn't see them in my JSGME. When I unzipped them, they created subfolders under my main ROF folder, with the names of the zips…

If I cut these folders into my JSGME folder, under my ROF folder, I can then see the mods in JSGME, but after I've added the first one, I get an error window saying, for example 'Soldiers_1_v1.0 has already installed a mods directory' (or something similar) 'do you want to continue?'

Thanks for your help :)

#52 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 14 May 2013 - 17:51

Please follow instructions here: http://rofmods.com/en/JSGME_Utility/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://rofmods.com/en/JSGME_Utility/

So install packages in the MODS folder, not in the RoF folder.

The warning is because multiple packages will create and copy files to the same folders. That is okay, you can ignore that for now.

#53 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 14 May 2013 - 18:28

Yes, sorry my mistake. As Vander points out, unzip them to the MODS folder inside the main ROF folder. I have corrected the instructions now on each page.

jason

#54 theMoxy

theMoxy

Posted 14 May 2013 - 18:40

Oh no…hope i didn't just totally confuse myself! :

installed 2.6 JSGME - it didn't overwrite v2.3, (although the shortcut did)

-if i run 2.3 - it shows the various mods available & which are active, properly named "Criquet AI" etc
-if i run 2.6 - NO mods are detected
-re-unzipped that AI mod into the MODS folder in the main directory as instructed(right?)
-run 2.6 and it shows up, but as "data", NOT "criquets AI"…?!

…So, did I misunderstand that all mods are now to be unzipped into the MODS folder in the main dir?
…do i now have two redundant programs running, trying to do the same things?

#55 Branwell

Branwell

Posted 14 May 2013 - 19:08

Sorry, I'm a bit confused now :(

I installed JSGME a while back and, however I did it, I had a JSGME folder under the main ROF folder, which contained a folder called MODS.

I also had a folder under my main ROF folder called 'JSGME Mods', which contained all the folders for the mods I downloaded a while back.

Now, though, when I try to activate mods from the new link (with the JSGME exe file that is in my main ROF folder?!), I can see them if I put them in the 'JSGME Mods' folder (and not the MODS folder contained within), but when I try to install all four of Vander's mods I get the error:

Folder "data\missions\Mods" has already been added by the "Ground_Objects_1_v1.0" mod.

etc. for each one after the first?

I accept that this two-folder setup may be wrong/weird and a result of me doing it twice :D but I'd appreciate your thoughts on how to fix it!

#56 Branwell

Branwell

Posted 14 May 2013 - 19:26

Right - I think I've got Soldiers, Vehicles and Ground Objects in OK, but when I try to get Static Objects in, I get the following warning:

"Ground_Objects_1.JSGME" has already been altered by the "Ground_Objects_1_v1.0" mod.

But this is when I try to install Static Objects, not Ground Objects..

And the error box has a warning saying:

'Enabling this mod may have an adverse affect on your game. Are you sure you want to install this mod?'

#57 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 14 May 2013 - 19:32

As I don't use JSGME (conflicts with old Mods I can't seem to find), some simple instructions on how to install these mods manually would be very useful. Thanks.

#58 WW1EAF_Paf

WW1EAF_Paf
  • Tester

Posted 14 May 2013 - 19:37

HotTom,
JSGME just does a backup so you are on the safe side. It uses the same folder-structure as ROF.
So if you don't want to use JSGME just unzip the mod somwhere and look for the "data" folder in there. Copy the "data" folder into your ROF directory.

Edit: Btw, AnKor once released a tool that detects any mods in your Rof-Install and you can get rid of them. I see if I can find it.

#59 Branwell

Branwell

Posted 14 May 2013 - 19:37

As I don't use JSGME (conflicts with old Mods I can't seem to find), some simple instructions on how to install these mods manually would be very useful. Thanks.

Tom, I think it's actually pretty simple, I think I just hosed it by having 3 different installs (and not really following the instructions for the first two!) :D

Just download and install the JSGME Mod manager from the Mods Webpage (http://rofmods.com/en/JSGME_Utility/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://rofmods.com/en/JSGME_Utility/) then follow the instructions ;) for the individual mods on the same page (http://rofmods.com/en/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://rofmods.com/en/) and I think it should be OK…

I just need a bit of help to untangle all my various files! To those that know - am I OK to just cut and paste the various mods I've downloaded to various locations before, or will that end up causing problems with orphaned links etc?

Ta

#60 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 14 May 2013 - 20:14

@Paf: Thanks! I can figure that out for most of the Mods and just followed the folder trail and then dropped them into the right folders. Pretty simple. A few, though are baffling me.

Vander's ground objects mod, for example, has multiple files and file paths. I have no idea how to hand load that.

#61 pollux18

pollux18

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:00

(…with french soldiers? It will be great!) :S!:

How … The French were involved in this war :o ?

Just kidding of course ;) !

It is really very nice that the French army is a little more in the game, :roll:
"Il faut préférer la modestie de ceux qui s'associent pour combattre aux triomphes passagers de celui qui s'isole."

Cdt De Rose

#62 jaydog

jaydog

Posted 15 May 2013 - 16:43

Not using JSGME but just unzipped all mods into program files/ROF main folder but ground objects don't seem to be showing up. Mods is turned on. Am I doing anything wrong?

#63 WW1EAF_Paf

WW1EAF_Paf
  • Tester

Posted 15 May 2013 - 16:54

The groundobjects just show up in missions where they've been placed. I can imagine, they will be quite common in future/updated missions.

#64 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 15 May 2013 - 22:28

A permanent link to the mods page in the main forum would be useful ;)

#65 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 15 May 2013 - 22:31

When did Vander create static planes?! :o

#66 theMoxy

theMoxy

Posted 16 May 2013 - 00:32

-if i run 2.3 - it shows the various mods available & which are active, properly named "Criquet AI" etc
-if i run 2.6 - NO mods are detected
-re-unzipped that AI mod into the MODS folder in the main directory as instructed(right?)
-run 2.6 and it shows up, but as "data", NOT "criquets AI"…?!

#67 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:41

You guys should just wait and install mods as I post them which have been tested to work. You guys are jumping the gun and only going to confuse yourselves.

Jason

#68 Gadfly21

Gadfly21

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:21

I have a question:

If I try to install more than one of Vander's objects mod, I get some compatibility issues because each one overwrites the same files.

So, what's the correct install order for them?

#69 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:40

I have a question:

If I try to install more than one of Vander's objects mod, I get some compatibility issues because each one overwrites the same files.

Luno, there is no correct order. Any order works. No files should be overwritten, it's just the same folders that are used. If there is a specific file that is used twice, then please post the name(s).

#70 theMoxy

theMoxy

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:21

Ok…seriously stupid question here:

-figured out my earlier issue (had an extra luascripts file in main Dir)
- NOW…when i start RoF and fly, my default pilot head position keeps switching to a mid-cockpit view instead of zoomed all the way out!? It used to always start shifted all the way back and sitting a little higher - now, even after i manually adjust my pilot's head position, as soon as i use the padlock, when i switch back, my pilots head is back in the center and sitting down a little bit.

Is there a simple way to correct these settings as a permanent starting point? I can't figure out what might be the culprit since i haven't changed any controls or responses.

thankyou in advance~!

#71 Spag

Spag
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:45

"Is there a simple way to correct these settings as a permanent starting point?
No Moxy, you will have to get another pilot.
Cheers,
Spag. :)

Bite off more than you can chew.

Then chew like Hell ! ! !

#72 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:50

The Moxy, after changing your pilots head position and zoom level to what you like, have you tried pressing F10 to save the view and make it the new default?

If that doesnt solve it, you might consider making a new topic on the technical support board with your question, since its rather out of place in this topic.

#73 nickmas

nickmas

Posted 16 May 2013 - 13:51

Thanks 777! I appreciate anything you do that makes ROF more user friendly.

#74 Ztenis

Ztenis

Posted 16 May 2013 - 15:36

Maybe you'r working on this? -but there seem to be no links on Mods page to the AI tweaks: Two-seater and Scouts+

#75 PilsnerPilot

PilsnerPilot
  • LocationPilsen, Czech Republic

Posted 16 May 2013 - 16:41

Yes. For me as well. Link to A.I. Scouts Mod v1.30 works, but A.I. Two-seaters Mod v1.30 and A.I. Scouts Accuracy + Mod v1.30 no.

#76 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 16 May 2013 - 17:33

If a link is not working, the page is still being built. There are a lot of mods that are old or intertwined with others and I have to sort them all out and make it clear what you are downloading. Takes time.

Jason

#77 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 16 May 2013 - 17:43

I have a question:

Please pay attention to the message that is being displayed. It will either alert you to a conflicting file (which is bad) or just that a folder has already been created with that name. If it's ONLY the folder message, then no files conflict and can work along side another mod inside that same folder. I don't suggest overwriting files of another mod ever. If mods conflict, always de-activate one mod before activating the other to avoid corruption. This is why I separated the AI Scouts mod from the AI Two-Seater mod, because the AI Scouts Mod + Accuracy also included the previous AI Scouts mod data, but not the Two-Seaters. Common sense is needed when playing with mods.

Jason

#78 DennyMala

DennyMala
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 May 2013 - 18:54

Kudos for this easy to use and friendly mods collection.

I just wanted to point out that when you're there you have the links to the community and other branches of the ROF site while there is no link to the mod site from here at the forum. Might just be an easy way to get there adding it to the links bar after the WIKI one.

#79 Gadfly21

Gadfly21

Posted 16 May 2013 - 19:15

Please pay attention to the message that is being displayed. It will either alert you to a conflicting file (which is bad) or just that a folder has already been created with that name. If it's ONLY the folder message, then no files conflict and can work along side another mod inside that same folder. I don't suggest overwriting files of another mod ever. If mods conflict, always de-activate one mod before activating the other to avoid corruption. This is why I separated the AI Scouts mod from the AI Two-Seater mod, because the AI Scouts Mod + Accuracy also included the previous AI Scouts mod data, but not the Two-Seaters. Common sense is needed when playing with mods.

Jason

Luno, there is no correct order. Any order works. No files should be overwritten, it's just the same folders that are used. If there is a specific file that is used twice, then please post the name(s).

Thanks for all the help!

The one file over-written is this:

"Ground_Objects_1.JSGME" has already been altered by the "Ground_Objects_1_v1.0" mod.

#80 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 16 May 2013 - 19:26

Ground Objects and Static Objects had a file named the same thing.

To correct, de-activate your Static Objects mod. Delete it from your Mods folder. Delete the .zip from your hard drive if you still have it. Download the corrected one from the Mods website and re-install into MODS folder. Then re-activate. There should be no conflict now.

These kinds of small issues will pop up from time to time until I get all the mods 100% sorted properly. Removing and replacing broken mods is very easy.

Jason

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users