Photo
- - - - -

Practice, practice, practice! (serial dog fight missions)

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#81 fog-carsten

fog-carsten

Posted 20 February 2010 - 20:32

ah very nice.

again on Scrambler i was fighting against 3 enemys(ace) at the end, they shot me down then.
(esc, still in the air -> success)

good practice indeed ;)

(do the scores count in the rankings here?)

#82 Sensenmann

Sensenmann

Posted 20 February 2010 - 22:23

Yes, the scores count for all but MP and Campaign leaderboards, but only if you are flying with mods off.

#83 JG4_Karaya

JG4_Karaya

Posted 23 February 2010 - 22:05

Very nice missions, am enjoying them a lot!

#84 sallee

sallee

Posted 27 February 2010 - 22:13

These are great fun. I'm addicted to up and at 'em.

Now, today I was flying a Pfalz DIIIa, and discovered that after seven kills, the next enemy is right on your tail and you are then fighting two at a time…got ten and then had to land.
Yes, I am bloody showing off!

#85 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 March 2010 - 00:31

Senssenman, your specially made ULTRA TOUGH Practice Practice Practice files are AWESOME! Just wondering if you would PLEASE do some ultra tough ones again with the DVIIF? I recently got a new computer and lost all the PPP and the Ultra Tough PPP files. Had to reinstall EVERYTHING!

Thanks
adam

#86 TX-Thunderbolt

TX-Thunderbolt

Posted 05 March 2010 - 16:00

…I recently got a new computer…

SCHWEET! I hope it represented a decent upgrade for you too. 8-)

#87 wolf49

wolf49

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:34

thanks alot for these missions. Do you think you could update for 1.011 and add the d7f plz. i would apreciate it. thanks again for the great missions, Wolf49

#88 Sensenmann

Sensenmann

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:12

The update for 1.011(w/Fokker D.VIIf) is in the works. Currently trying to resolve the issues with lost missions (all Scrambler and Entente Up and at 'em missions have gone AWOL since the 1.011 update :? ). As soon as I get everything back up to snuff I will post the update ;) . Hoping for a Monday posting, keep your fingers crossed…

#89 GMU

GMU

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:37

The update for 1.011(w/Fokker D.VIIf) is in the works. Currently trying to resolve the issues with lost missions (all Scrambler and Entente Up and at 'em missions have gone AWOL since the 1.011 update :? ). As soon as I get everything back up to snuff I will post the update ;) . Hoping for a Monday posting, keep your fingers crossed…

Oh, thanks a lot for that! I really miss scrambler mission.

I think you've done a great work. I have found out that I end up playing your missions most of the time.

Thanks again!

#90 =JG1=DraCo

=JG1=DraCo

Posted 18 March 2010 - 22:33

Any news about the PPP 1.011 version ?

#91 Sensenmann

Sensenmann

Posted 19 March 2010 - 15:09

Have had no success so far in getting the missing missions to be playable. :? Short of starting from scratch, I am at a loss. :cry:

For the time being, it appears the Quick Missions make a fair replacement for these, though admittedly lacking in some respects. I do like the fact that the location, time, weather, and season in the QMB is not limited, but find the randomness of the spawning is not giving a wide variety of planes (flew a D.XII mission and only fought Ni28s and Dolphins).

I am currently frustrated to the point of considering closing the chapter on these missions, but I am not giving up on these just yet. Just not looking forward to recreating them from scratch. :evil: If I have to start over I would rather get them into the QMB so we can have control over the scenarios but I am not sure that is possible yet.

#92 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 March 2010 - 21:37

That is indeed a bummer. Your missions and the randomness in them was great!

Thanks for you hard work.

adam

#93 Parazaine

Parazaine

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:46

yes, a real shame…I used your missions as a means of improving my abysmal aim.

#94 BadBud

BadBud
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA

Posted 23 June 2010 - 00:07

My favorite set of missions. Have been hoping as others that there might be an update.
Thanks for all the fun so far……….

BadBud
http://www.simflite.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.simflite.com

#95 Trip

Trip

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:04

having a nice time with these, thumbs up! :)

#96 cgjimeneza

cgjimeneza

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:35

they work with the current patch 1.018?

#97 Fledermaus

Fledermaus

Posted 12 June 2011 - 00:22

OOO no the patch broke practice,practice,practice???

#98 Dooga

Dooga

Posted 14 August 2011 - 20:24

Sensenmann, any news on the practice missions?

I've gotten back to RoF today, after months of absence - and I am in dire need of practice. Continued my career, but that kind of flying doesn't make sense for me atm. Hours of flying to waypoints, briefly interrupted by fights where more often than not things go wrong and I have to start over. Get a lot of practice flying straight ahead…

#99 Lou_Parrot

Lou_Parrot
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 October 2011 - 21:24

I have not played in a while and really miss these missions as they were about the only time I actually got to shoot down anything lol.
Is there anything like them around ???

#100 WWSittingduck

WWSittingduck

Posted 15 October 2011 - 22:05

Hmm,,thats pretty strange, cause my practice practice works. Can't say i've tried all the planes, but the ones I have always flown work.

Wasn't that far back ago that missions had to be either run from the mission file, and not the msnbin file, or we had to delete the msnbin file and use mission editor to make a new one, but from the dates in my folder, all the msnbin files appear pretty old.

I suppose it wouldnt hurt to take the mission you want to fly the most, locate the msnbin file and move it out, rename it, or delete it, and see if it plays from the mission file.

If that doesnt help, can offer you this.

I turned Practice Practice Practice into a multiplayer mission a while back ago, and it still plays fine.

I have both sides, allied and german. There 3 enemy at the northern base, 5 enemy at the middle base and 9 enemy at the southern base. It was intended to run on the server, and rotate german/allied every 30 mins, so there is a eom timer in there. Is a pretty old mission, so there are a few planes missing.

Keep in mind, this has to be run from multiplayer. Will make a single player and most it later.

And sorry if the link for the dl is broken. My file server is giving me fits.

http://bhah.homeip.net:192/inbox/Practice%20Missions.rar

Old Fokkers Squad

#101 WWSittingduck

WWSittingduck

Posted 15 October 2011 - 22:20

Ok, guess you cant make a single player mission with a multiple plane selection option for the player. So to make this into a single player missions for all the planes available would be extensive, and sorry, just aint gonna happen.

Would like to know if anyone tries getting rid of the msnbin file for a particular mission, and if it works, or didnt work.

And for those that didnt know, the files in the post above go to data\multiplayer\dogfight folder. In the game you go to multiplayer and create your own server.

Old Fokkers Squad

#102 Kimey

Kimey

Posted 16 October 2011 - 22:50

Hi Chaps

I saw this:

1. Mission format was changed in version 1.019. You will need to delete the .msnbin files of your custom missions, open the remaining .Mission files in the Mission Editor and save them again.

Bottom of the page, here:
1.019 - version is ready!

It seems to work fine. Just a case of opening the files and saving them again.

cheers

EDIT: Hmmm I got "Up and at 'em" running but can't see "Scrambler" in game. Any ideas?
Apologies if I'm being stupid. I'm still very new to RoF. :)

#103 Ambiorix

Ambiorix

Posted 28 November 2012 - 18:59

I love this sim to pieces. No way I would be without it. I have downloaded the serial dog fight mission and installed it in it's suggested path..Installation Instructions: To install the files, unzip it into your …\Rise of Flight\data\Missions folder.When I launch the mission all I get is sky.. no plane to fly. I know it's me as I have just started out here but can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong or not doing to be able to fly. Hoping its a simple fix or explaination, I await eagerly the solution.

#104 WWSittingduck

WWSittingduck

Posted 28 November 2012 - 21:55

not sure where you got your files from.

I put the following file up back in May of this year, so going to assume they are the most current I have. Extract to your data/missions folder.

http://bhah.homeip.net:192/inbox/Practice,%20practice,%20practice!.rar

some of the d7f missions are a little flaky (i was messing around with them), but the d7f ramped works for sure.

If you happened to get the file I put up a few posts ago, that is a MP mission, and has to go into your data\multiplayer\dogfight folder, and has to be flown from after you create a new MP server.

Old Fokkers Squad

#105 Ambiorix

Ambiorix

Posted 28 November 2012 - 22:59

:S!:

Wow quick response, thank you very much SittingDuck. I'll re-download then do as you say. Hopefully I can "..fly like an eagle to the sea, fly like an eagle let my spirit carry me.." oops, there I go.. damn the 60's drugs..LOL. Thanks again mate.

#106 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 29 November 2012 - 18:01

Thank you both for bumping the thread, I missed these missions so far. Will download and try them when I get home.
:S!:

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#107 WWSittingduck

WWSittingduck

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:56

Hi Chaps

EDIT: Hmmm I got "Up and at 'em" running but can't see "Scrambler" in game. Any ideas?
Apologies if I'm being stupid. I'm still very new to RoF. :)

I belive scramble was a different set of missions in a seperate folder. I'll look to see if I have some old backups to if I have a copy, and post them.

Old Fokkers Squad

#108 WWSittingduck

WWSittingduck

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:18

The scramble missions are in there, but for some reason, they are set as multiplayer missions.

As soon as I get a chance, will edit them to make the single player, and post them.

Old Fokkers Squad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users