Photo
- - - - -

Practice, practice, practice! (serial dog fight missions)

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#41 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:46

I was wondering if "Up and at them" works for anyone, when i try to load it i get kicked back to the ingame desktop :|

#42 Pierre2

Pierre2
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:41

I was wondering if "Up and at them" works for anyone, when i try to load it i get kicked back to the ingame desktop :|

Have you selected mods on in settings?

#43 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 05 December 2009 - 14:23

narp, has not :oops: I did not expect missions to be considered a mod ;)

#44 Fledermaus

Fledermaus

Posted 06 December 2009 - 17:17

I feel rather dense asking but…..i dont see a link at all in the first post?? or are the files currently being re-written for patch 1.009 ?

:shock:

#45 Endy

Endy

Posted 06 December 2009 - 17:31

Hi theblackswan,

You're right, it is being re-written for 1.09. The planes in "scramble" aren't taking off anymore.
However, Sensenmann wrote in an earlier post that he'll do it by Monday.
So keep looking back, it's well worth having.

#46 Fledermaus

Fledermaus

Posted 06 December 2009 - 18:51

Thanks so much, for the update. Also a a little off the subject. Is a trackir really a helpful tool for getting kills? as far as keeping your eye on the enemy i mean? It seems the more you can keep your eye on the enemy the better the attack set-up.

:D

Attached Files

#47 Endy

Endy

Posted 07 December 2009 - 13:43

Hi again theblackswan,

I'm a recent covert to trackir, I wish I'd tried it years ago. It Takes a little [lot] practice, but it adds soooo much to the sim.

In the meantime, if you fly one v one, then use padlock. Just assign a button on your stick.

Regards.

#48 Sensenmann

Sensenmann

Posted 07 December 2009 - 18:53

Thanks, everyone, for your enthusiasm for my little missions here.

The latest version is posted…

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/download/file.php?id=3283

I had to make some serious revisions due to changes from 1.008 to 1.009, but everything appears to be back in working order. I ran multiple test and found no errors, but if you do come across something, please let me know and I will fix it as soon as I can.

The AI do appear to be a bit less aggressive, I am not sure if that is a change on NeoQB's behalf or due to changes I had to make to get them to attack the player with any consistency. The missions where it is most obvious is in the RR revisions; the AI flies a wide loop towards the player while they setup for their run, whereas before they turned directly for the player upon spawning in. Perhaps this is better (ie. more realistic) but it does tone down the intensity of the action a bit.

#49 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 07 December 2009 - 20:59

Up and at them works again, thanks for fixing it!

#50 Endy

Endy

Posted 07 December 2009 - 21:44

I've just tried "scramble" and "up and at em", fantastic job.
Thank you very much.

#51 Jonathan

Jonathan

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:41

Sensenmann you magnificent bastard! (I mean that affectionately, of course!) :D

"Scramble" is exactly what I needed. I shot down my first fighter! It was on novice mode of course, but its a start! I feel like I'm getting the hang of flying and shooting at the same time. Its strange, suddenly it clicks and you understand, or at least get closer to understanding how the plane will react to your inputs. I found myself not looking at my gauges nearly as often, and just started to "feel it out". This is wonderful! The only times I would look at my gauges were when I needed to gain some altitude quickly. I monitored my airspeed to make sure I didn't fall under 90 Km/h.

However, even the novice AI sniped me once or twice with two bullets or so as I was diving on them at a high rate of speed (but not high enough to rip my plane apart). My Spad pretty much exploded into flames…

Seriously, thank you so much for this great tool!

-Jonathan-

#52 Quax.

Quax.
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 December 2009 - 18:21

Thanks a lot for the update !

Attached Files

#53 Jokili

Jokili

Posted 08 December 2009 - 22:44

Thank you for that practice Mod.
Today I did my first air victory. (Just only against a novice pilot)
But the frustration in the default single mission was to heavy.
Long waiting till starting, a view seconds than game over. Now
Now I can practice…

#54 GMU

GMU

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:01

Thank you so much for this! This enable us to practice, practice and practice!!!

Attached Files

#55 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 09 December 2009 - 17:38

I think I found a bug: the Pfalz D.IIIa never seems to have ammo, i tried "russian roulette (ramped)" and "up and at them" with either 1000, 500 and no ammo to see if either of them worked but no, the feed is always empty. Does this has to do with the new "500" loadout or is that related to somethign else? The Albatros D.III for example works.

#56 Gisbod

Gisbod

Posted 09 December 2009 - 19:27

Hello,

I've put the file into the folder as instructed, but it doesn't show up in the missions when I launch the game? Am I doing something wrong?

Ta ;)

#57 Sensenmann

Sensenmann

Posted 09 December 2009 - 21:17

@ Imperator: I looked into the problem with the Pfalz D.IIIa and it appears that it is a NeoQB bug as I get it in the default RR mission as well. However, I do have ammo with the 1000 round loadout, just not the 500??? :?

@Gisbod: Did you unpack the files? If not you need to use WinRAR to unzip them into the folder. If you haven't got WinRAR you can grab a free copy here. Just select your appropriate version based on your operating system.

#58 hq_Neca

hq_Neca

Posted 09 December 2009 - 21:44

Sensemann, your last version is a little buggy.Often planes can't take off, they crash :| and ballons are on enemy side, until now they were friendly troops and you can't see them with ctrl+f2

#59 Gisbod

Gisbod

Posted 09 December 2009 - 21:55

here[/url]. Just select your appropriate version based on your operating system.

Sorted!

Thanks.. Absolutely fab.. :D

#60 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 09 December 2009 - 22:00

You are right Sensenmann, 1000 round loadout does work, I must have assumed that it did not. So maybe the "500" one just does not plain work at all.

#61 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 09 December 2009 - 23:04

:D

#62 Jonathan

Jonathan

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:37

These missions work very very well! I am now able to shoot down "skilled" opponents with a fair bit of consistency. Just a few days ago I couldn't even get onto an enemy's tail! Fantastic practice missions! Thank you very much once again Sensenmann.

-Jonathan-

#63 Sensenmann

Sensenmann

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:11

Updated to 1.010 and now includes the Fokker D.VIII. I have not yet purchased this plane and so haven't been able to test the addition other than flying against her, so if you find any issues please let me know.

Also, after learning the ME changes included in 1.009, I have reworked the AI to be aggressive once more, which also fixed the Scrambler issues with the observation balloons marked as enemy and the AI behaving erratically during takeoff. Everything appears to be back up to snuff!

Once more, if you find any bugs please let me know and I will address them as soon as humanly possible.

Oh, and to download it check the first post in this thread…

Enjoy!

#64 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:11

Excellent!

HT

#65 Cougar_DK

Cougar_DK

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:17

What a nice compilation of missions. Had my first three real kills today. They were novice but hey its nice to learn to dogfight again and not just lock-on-fire :lol:

#66 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:10

Thanks sensenmann! After playing my favourite up and at them I was wondering if you could make an ace only version of it in the future and maybe even increase the chance of additional planes spawning, to really turn up the heat :lol: Alternatively there could be a similar mission that spawns a lot of novice planes that will relentlessly swarm you, maybe even spawn 3-4 at once and right away, might help people to improve their situational awareness.

#67 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 30 December 2009 - 22:08

Sensenmann, I think Imperator is on to something. I'd also like to see the same thing If you could.
I'm really enjoying your missions! Thanks!!

#68 BadBud

BadBud
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:00

This is the greatest! The best set of misions so far in RoF. Can not thank you enough for the effort you put into creating this and for all the fun I have been having. S!
BadBud
http://www.simflite.com">www.simflite.com

#69 Pierre2

Pierre2
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:49

This is the greatest! The best set of misions so far in RoF. Can not thank you enough for the effort you put into creating this and for all the fun I have been having. S!
BadBud
http://www.simflite.com">http://www.simflite.com

I agree entirely

#70 BadBud

BadBud
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA

Posted 31 December 2009 - 23:36

These are the kind of missions that I would have expected to be in this sim "out of the box" and not having had to be created by a third party. So much fun! You made me into a killer. Now if I can stop having the ground come up and hit me!
BadBud
http://www.simflite.com">www.simflite.com

#71 Bleddyn

Bleddyn

Posted 06 January 2010 - 20:12

These missions are so useful for practicing, especially for new pilots, that I thought I should make it a sticky.

#72 TheDuck

TheDuck

Posted 12 January 2010 - 23:00

I will be downloading these and giving them a bash ASAP :)

#73 TheDuck

TheDuck

Posted 12 January 2010 - 23:06

I am being Dense , but where can i get the latest versions of the excellent sounding practice missions, and are they available in coop mode?

#74 Sensenmann

Sensenmann

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:03

Sorry, the link is in the first post in this thread. I prefer to keep it there as it is easier to find than having it buried in the thread amongst all the replies.

#75 TheDuck

TheDuck

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:27

Thanks!

love your work

The Duck

#76 Parcastrid

Parcastrid

Posted 18 February 2010 - 19:15

Hello,
I've downloaded and installed your add-on and I've played a few missions. What could I say that the others didn't? Just "Thank you", I guess. You did a terrific job. RoF is already an outstanding software, really something apart, but with creators like you there's no end to the fun. A big thumbs up.
Bob Somers

#77 Parazaine

Parazaine

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:39

These missions are so useful for practicing

I second that…turn on unlimited ammo and fuel and aiming help and you get non-repetitive gunnery practice. You could even turn on invincibility but thats 'cheating' a little too much for my liking lol.

#78 Parcastrid

Parcastrid

Posted 19 February 2010 - 13:26

Hello,
I agree. Too much help is taking out a part of what makes this a realistic game. But unlimited ammo and fuel is OK for practice.
Bob Somers

#79 fog-carsten

fog-carsten

Posted 20 February 2010 - 16:40

Hi there, i only played Scrambler yet, was good fun.

Is there a spot to Land to end the misson?

I shot down 6 "skilled" planes, but was hit by wreckparts from the last kill, my propeller gone.
did a save landing but was counted as "fail".

how i end it as success?

landing somewhere or just exit in the air..

#80 Sensenmann

Sensenmann

Posted 20 February 2010 - 17:00

These missions are designed purely for a means to practice air combat maneuvers and aerial gunnery, so most of them do not have any provisions for landing. Up and at 'em is the only mission where landing is counted as an objective, albeit a secondary. However, you should not have received a fail on Scrambler due to crashing or being captured. The mission objective is set to give success upon shooting down 1 enemy plane. I will have to look into that and make the necessary changes for the next update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users