- - - - -

1.030b is ready

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 Codifer

Codifer

Posted 22 May 2013 - 23:19

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro (Not the best controller to use not my preferred choice of controllers).

Started a post under General and discovered posted in the wrong section of the forums. Please don't thrash me for doing a double post.

Game controller is working and Key Board works untill you enter campaign/Training/Number 4 or change airplanes to fly?

When you enter the air plane for take off controller and key board works. Move your head left, right, up, down, zoom in & out, fire the weapon reload works. Key board F keys are working.

When you cross the first circle on the map the flak starts you cannot move your head left, right, up, down, zoom in or out, fire the weapon or reload. Key board F keys do not work. F-1 or F-2? The green indicator cone is missing.

You can turn the airplane, use the throttle, increase or decrease altitude. That's it.

Tried to set the key board back to Default settings. Missing something, the key board will not reset to Default settings only minus the flight controller. The reason I want to start over from default so I can properly map the controller.

How do I get the default settings back on the Key Board? I followed instructions in the manual? The settings for the flight controller is Single Engine Fighter.

Do I need to uninstall the game and reinstall the game? I hope not.

Why are some of the controller settings in column one where the key board settings are and other settings are in column 2? Mapped every thing for the controller in Colum 2.

Pretty frustrated with setting up a controller after 12 hours for ROF sim and still not having it work properly in game. Read the manual and forum post concerning controllers.

Thanks
I have this problem too .
Someone please look into this .

I also have had this problem with the F keys during flight. If I am forced down, I can at least check on the status of my mates while I wait for mission end. The F keys will work in replay so I know that it is not a keyboard problem. I have had this problem since a fresh install on a new machine a week ago. For some reason there is an icon on the upper right screen that seems to indicate that I have dual monitors…. must rtfm and check that. I also cannot return to defaults in the control section.

I flew last night and had several successful quick missions. When I flew this morning (same quick mission) and had success in flight, however,the stats at the end indicated that I was wounded, crashed and was a prisoner of war. I seem to recall that this same problem occurred some months ago. I tested this same mission on another computer and had the same (erroneous) result.

Hope that there is a fix soon.

Cheers

#42 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 23 May 2013 - 00:46

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro (Not the best controller to use not my preferred choice of controllers).

Started a post under General and discovered posted in the wrong section of the forums. Please don't thrash me for doing a double post.

Game controller is working and Key Board works untill you enter campaign/Training/Number 4 or change airplanes to fly?

When you enter the air plane for take off controller and key board works. Move your head left, right, up, down, zoom in & out, fire the weapon reload works. Key board F keys are working.

When you cross the first circle on the map the flak starts you cannot move your head left, right, up, down, zoom in or out, fire the weapon or reload. Key board F keys do not work. F-1 or F-2? The green indicator cone is missing.

You can turn the airplane, use the throttle, increase or decrease altitude. That's it.

Tried to set the key board back to Default settings. Missing something, the key board will not reset to Default settings only minus the flight controller. The reason I want to start over from default so I can properly map the controller.

How do I get the default settings back on the Key Board? I followed instructions in the manual? The settings for the flight controller is Single Engine Fighter.

Do I need to uninstall the game and reinstall the game? I hope not.

Why are some of the controller settings in column one where the key board settings are and other settings are in column 2? Mapped every thing for the controller in Colum 2.

Pretty frustrated with setting up a controller after 12 hours for ROF sim and still not having it work properly in game. Read the manual and forum post concerning controllers.

Thanks
I have this problem too .
Someone please look into this .

I also have had this problem with the F keys during flight. If I am forced down, I can at least check on the status of my mates while I wait for mission end. The F keys will work in replay so I know that it is not a keyboard problem. I have had this problem since a fresh install on a new machine a week ago. For some reason there is an icon on the upper right screen that seems to indicate that I have dual monitors…. must rtfm and check that. I also cannot return to defaults in the control section.

I flew last night and had several successful quick missions. When I flew this morning (same quick mission) and had success in flight, however,the stats at the end indicated that I was wounded, crashed and was a prisoner of war. I seem to recall that this same problem occurred some months ago. I tested this same mission on another computer and had the same (erroneous) result.

Hope that there is a fix soon.

Cheers

Never seen this sort of problem, but I'll be glad to try to check into it. Need more info, though, to make sure I'm testing apples to apples. If you're having this problem, please post a screenshot of (1) your controls/key command assignments screen(s) for the functions that you're having problems with not working, and (2) your game settings screens (realism settings etc.) for the mission(s) that you're seeing the problems in.

In the meantime, a couple of things pop out at me from the message above:

Key board F keys do not work. F-1 or F-2? - this usually means that "Allow Spectators" is not checked on the mission settings page. Might be worth checking to be sure it didn't get turned off by mistake.

Tried to set the key board back to Default settings. Missing something, the key board will not reset to Default settings only minus the flight controller. The reason I want to start over from default so I can properly map the controller. How do I get the default settings back on the Key Board? I followed instructions in the manual? The settings for the flight controller is Single Engine Fighter.

Not sure I understand - are you using some sort of special keyboard/controller software (your comment about "Single Engine Fighter" sounds like some special software profile), or are you just talking about resetting to defaults inside the RoF options screens? If the former, ditch that stuff and just use the RoF options screens, at least until you get things working without problems - once you get it working, if you want to try adding in some special software for some reason then give it a try.

As far as I can tell, there's only one "reset to default" mechanism in the RoF options screen, and it will reset all commands to defaults (I don't believe there's an automatic way to reset only the keyboard-assigned commands to default without also assigning the joystick-assigned commands to defaults as well, if that's what you're asking). It doesn't really take that long to assign your keyboard and joystick commands the way you want them, so why not just go ahead and reset to defaults and start over again from scratch? If you export/save your current settings down under a custom file name before you hit the reset button, you can always load/import them back in if the re-assignment process doesn't go well for some reason.

I don't know why they give you 3 choices of things you can assign to the same command - personally, I don't want to try to remember that much stuff so I never assign more than one key or controller function to any one command. As far as I can tell, it doesn't matter which column you use to assign the function to the command - if you want to use the columns to organize things (like all keyboard stuff in column 1, all joystick stuff in column 2), go ahead, but you don't need to do so and you can put any assignment in any column you like. The key thing is to avoid, whenever possible, having the same key/controller function assigned to more than one RoF command (and watch out for RoF keys also being assigned for things like TIR, Teamspeak, etc.) - it's always best to avoid any such conflicts, although apparently there are a couple of things in the RoF screens that don't seem to mind having duplicate assignments (e.g., some of the camera controls and the pilot head controls seem to co-exist OK, at least in my set-up, but that may just be because I don't really use the camera commands, at least when I'm also trying to move my pilot head).

For some reason there is an icon on the upper right screen that seems to indicate that I have dual monitors

I believe that's telling you that there's a problem with your connection with the master server.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#43 Codifer

Codifer

Posted 24 May 2013 - 19:31

Thank you, Panthercules

The "allow spectators" check on the settings menue cured the F key in flight problem.

I am wondering about the connection problem indication (have had some recurring cable company problems in the past few weeks.

I have not flown yet this morning so I cannot tell if I will be a wounded prisoner after flying a Quick Mission while signed in online. There is no problem with missions when flying Quick Missions offline.

The control configurations are a bit perplexing. The default settings were often multiple assignments. The major problem is a duplicate assignment for "camera zoom" and "pilot head bow". I mapped thge camera zoom to the mouse wheel and did delete all assignments affecting pilot head movement. Still I cannot utilize the camera zoom and find myself flying while pinned very close to the instrument panel. This seems to be a default setting problem that I have never encountered.

I shall keep fiddling.

Cheers

#44 Codifer

Codifer

Posted 24 May 2013 - 21:35

Although I did no fiddling at all, the camera zoom now seems to work even with the conflicting assignment cross with pilot head bow etal. I did sync profiles when I signed on.

After a quick mission online I remain a crashed, wounded and captured soul. I must assume that this is probably due with some server hiccups that are reported as being sorted.

Cheers

#45 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 24 May 2013 - 21:43

Glad the control problems seem to be sorting themselves out. There seem to be a lot of people reporting connection issues, so I suspect that they're still having some sort of master server issue - hopefully they'll get those resolved again soon.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#46 Codifer

Codifer

Posted 24 May 2013 - 23:24

Well….. all seemed well for a bit until logging on and another synch of profiles and then, mid mission, my view pops to straight up and there is naught that I could do with mouse nor hat switch to correct that. Tried again offline…. same result.

Back online seemed to work with hat switch but not with mouse and I was still a prisoner.

I think that I shall work on some other things for a bit and then run a recovery (again) or even a re-install when the server thing gets sorted.

Electrons are soooo funny.

Cheers

#47 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 24 May 2013 - 23:56

That sounds very weird - I wonder if that "synch profile" thing is somehow reverting back to a funky controls file that's messed up. Have you tried importing/loading back in the known-good controls file that worked that you exported/saved under a custom name? (you did remember to do that, right?)

Maybe there is something weird happening with the master-server-related problems they seem to be suffering through recently - hard to say. Hope things get sorted for you soon.

#48 Codifer

Codifer

Posted 25 May 2013 - 00:04

ummmm…. never forgot to do tat. I never knew that I could do that so there was nothing to forget.

I am hoping that it is a server issue that will be solved soon. I have read a few posts dealing with that issue.

On the other hand, it might be the old Microsloth Sidewinder stick. I have certain knowledge, however, that the next flight stick that I will buy will look exactly like a stainless steel sink.

Cheers

#49 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:48

ummmm…. never forgot to do tat. I never knew that I could do that so there was nothing to forget.

I know the new manual deals with this concept (see page 18), but I'm not sure how clear/obvious it might be to a new user. But with the way that patch/updates almost always reset the controls settings files to defaults and over-write the default file in the process, you really should save your controls and response files down ("export" them, in game terms) under some custom name you make up yourself (you can have several different ones if you want - for example, I have one for scouts and one for bombers, and I also have one set for my Logitech joystick and another one for my MSFFB2 joystick).

That way, after a patch/update you can just load ("import" in game terms) your saved files and you're back in business, without having to spend time trying to remember and reset all your settings.

Trust me - will save you lots of time and grief, given how often RoF is updated.

#50 Codifer

Codifer

Posted 25 May 2013 - 14:50

Looks like it is time for me to finally download and RTFM. I have been such a slouch. I probably will not be flying much this weekend anyway as the Grand Prix of Monaco is running. One vice at a time.

Thanks for your help, Panthercules, it is greatly appreciated. I will post any success. I figure that I will reinstall and start from scratch.

Just realized that there might be a problem with profile synching as I have RoF also installed on another machine. Perhaps the second setup must always be flown offline.

Cheers

#51 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 25 May 2013 - 15:05

Looks like it is time for me to finally download and RTFM. I have been such a slouch. I probably will not be flying much this weekend anyway as the Grand Prix of Monaco is running. One vice at a time.

Thanks for your help, Panthercules, it is greatly appreciated. I will post any success. I figure that I will reinstall and start from scratch.

Just realized that there might be a problem with profile synching as I have RoF also installed on another machine. Perhaps the second setup must always be flown offline.

Cheers

Aha - yes, although I don't know how all this synching stuff actually works, I strongly suspect that having two RoF copies going on two diferent machines trying to use the same profiles is a recipe for problems. I imagine there's probably a way to make it work, but also probably a number of ways how it could get screwed up if anything ever went wrong.

#52 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:09

Congrats and well done! :D

I see ROF isn't left aside. I was afraid of.

After my last computer crash, i'll probably have to reinstall ROF one of these days!

But still hard stuck with a certain SH serie actually… :mrgreen:

Hi to all veterans here :S!:

#53 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:40

Heya Fifi, great to see you around again! I hope you are doing well.

#54 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:23

Hail Fifi!!

#55 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 29 May 2013 - 13:17

Hello fifi

#56 Codifer

Codifer

Posted 01 June 2013 - 16:50

Cheers

Aha - yes, although I don't know how all this synching stuff actually works, I strongly suspect that having two RoF copies going on two diferent machines trying to use the same profiles is a recipe for problems. I imagine there's probably a way to make it work, but also probably a number of ways how it could get screwed up if anything ever went wrong.

I did not re-install and only reassigned pilot head movements. All is well on testing and I am no longer pinned to the instrument panel. I did save the profile (remarkably easy that) and I have not flown the second machine online. It would seem that I am good to go now.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Cheers

#57 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:40

Hi Fifi long time no hear

Lieut. (A./Capt.) Andrew Weatherby Beauchamp-Proctor, D.S.O., M.C., D.F.C., No. 84 Sqn., R.A. Force.

#58 Merder

Merder
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:50

Was this rolled back?
When I start the program, 1.029 is on the update screen and the last date mentioned is 03/28?

#59 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:08

Was this rolled back?
When I start the program, 1.029 is on the update screen and the last date mentioned is 03/28?

You must be running in offline mode? Try to update the game through the launcher.

#60 Merder

Merder
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 28 June 2013 - 23:46

No, I always logon online first?
If I click the UPDATE button it says No Update etc.
I click Start button and then I log on prior to playing.

The Splash screen when you click the desktop shortcut which leads to Update or start is what has reverted to pre 1.30b.

#61 RedDog65

RedDog65

Posted 24 July 2013 - 14:16

Since installing the update im my digital copy I purchased I can no longer use any F-keys in My Camel other than F1 and F12 the rest give me no responce at all. All my other aircraft are fine except the Camel. What would hasve caused that. I tried to download the Camel to see if it would fix it but I would have to pay for it again as it was included in my retail version. I'm stumped as what to do other than a whole reinstall which I dont want to spend the time doing if at all possible.

#62 -Requiem-

-Requiem-

Posted 24 July 2013 - 14:27

Since installing the update im my digital copy I purchased I can no longer use any F-keys in My Camel other than F1 and F12 the rest give me no responce at all. All my other aircraft are fine except the Camel. What would hasve caused that. I tried to download the Camel to see if it would fix it but I would have to pay for it again as it was included in my retail version. I'm stumped as what to do other than a whole reinstall which I dont want to spend the time doing if at all possible.

Check the difficulty settings. You need to enable spectators.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users