Photo
- - - - -

Skill of A.I.

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 senoralec

senoralec

Posted 08 May 2013 - 14:17

The weather's been much too nice for me to be inside playing computer games, but I did fly 1 mission where I said, what the hell, I'm going to push it and not worry about tearing my wings off. I handled the controls smoothly with no abrupt movements and hey, with a N-17, I actually was able to out-dogfight an Albatross III. Maybe there's hope after all. (lol)

By the way, that made me an ace and my wonderful AI mates ignored me. They even just circled a few thousand feet above me watching and when he finally crashed, they were miles away. Nice guys huh?

#42 senoralec

senoralec

Posted 12 May 2013 - 18:42

Going back to my earlier statement… BALONEY!! No one can fly that good!!! I don't care if you say their stupid, maybe they are, but a pilot acquaintance of mine agrees. Only an acrobat with many, many hours of flying can do what the AI does.

Maybe it's career specific. Maybe the German AI in mid 1917 is written better than some other career AI, I don't know how software works, but once I just saw a German 2 seater, fly straight up, skid to the right a little bit while vertical, then turn in the opposite direction in about 2 plane lengths. What??

#43 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 13 May 2013 - 00:23

You really need to lighten up about the skill of the AI. Once you get some experience you will realize that the AI is easy to kill.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#44 nbryant

nbryant

Posted 13 May 2013 - 00:29

Not going to repeat all of the great advice that is already posted here, just recommend you take some of it.

What I will say is have someone on your ass trying to pump rounds into you and your crate and see how quickly you begin to push your crate to the edge. :D

#45 senoralec

senoralec

Posted 13 May 2013 - 13:30

I'm not saying they're not easy to kill. I agree, the AI is predictable, and getting easier to kill. What I'm griping about is they can't all be such good pilots.

Never climbing above 200 meters with 3 N-17's shooting at him, after about 15 minutes of Immelmanns and vector-in-flight turns, despite his punctured wings, he flew 2 AI into the ground and I ran out of ammo. That happens too much to be real.

I've truly beaten the horse into the ground here. I promise this is my last post on the topic. (You can all breath a sigh of relief) :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users