#1 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 13 April 2013 - 17:58

PWCG Web Site

Version 13.2.1
Fixed aircraft assignment bug introduced in 13.2

Version 13.2
Added support for fictional skins
- Reviewed skins and used only historically plausible skins … hopefully :).
- Lets German skins get more colorful as the war progresses.
- Eliminated skins that looked too much like famous aces.
- Eliminated Polish, Italian, Russian, Spanish, and Austrian skins.
- Eliminated skins that were a bit much.
- Eliminated skins that were repetitive.
- Eliminated non-historical camo skins.
- Some fictional skins are based on real squadrons - limited use of those skins to the matching squadron.
- Added config param to disable use of random historical skins (Advanced Config -> User Preferences)
- Added config param to disable use of fictional skins (Advanced Config -> User Preferences)

Made odds of using unusual skins based on service - Germans very likely, French/Americans less so, British much less.

Made non-player flights use mixed aircraft formations. Was previously only player flight.

Changes to strategic bombing
- For strategic bombing missions, created other single plane missions along with yours so you are now part of a stream.
- Maybe one of your flight mates will attract all of the lights.
- Make more than one intercept for strategic bombing missions. Will result in several scouts buzzing around.
- Randomized intercept patterns a bit such that every night flying scout will not fly the same pattern.

Revamped aircraft selection algorithm to use aircraft quality indicator instead of date of assignment.

New Flemish names by Johan217
New main page image by TVRKO
New Planes Owned icons by TVRKO

Bug Fixes:
PWCG now uses correct data for days between missions. There will now be fewer days between missions during busy times.
Fixed issue where if you hit it just right (or wrong) 79 Squadron would be stationed at an enemy aerodrome.
Fixed issue where damage events could flood the event display. Damage will be reported much less frequently.
Fixed issue where debrief could happen on the wrong map.
Fixed at least one (hopefully the only) spot where MCU Check Zone can be created without a coalition.

#2 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 13 April 2013 - 18:10

Another version already!!! Great stuff.

Thanks.

#3 kennel

kennel

Posted 13 April 2013 - 18:58

Awesome stuff, your a machine

#4 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 13 April 2013 - 19:07

Thank you for the new Version.

I think I found something that is most likely not intended. I started a Scout Career for the German Luftstreitkräfte. I'm at the lowest Rank but got assigned the best Plane while all the others in the flight where assigned to the inferior Plane. The date I start at seems to not matter at all. Tried early 1916 and i got the Halberstadt D2 while the rest gets the Fokker E3. Tried at a later date with a Squadron that got the Fokker DR.1 assigned…But only me was choosen to fly it,the rest got their old Albatros D5a.

Will try a few allied Careers to see if that happens there too.

Edit: Just tried a Belgian Campaign,Squadron has Spad 13. The rest of the flight is assigned to Spad 7 180hp.
And the same with the French….Spad 7 while all the others fly N17.

Not sure about it,but it seems that only Scout Squadrons are effected by this. Tried a few 2 seater Squadrons and hadn't it happen yet.

Dann gibt's Heulen und Zähne klammern, für das ganze Lumpenpack.
Dann ist Schluss mit "Tischlein deck' dich", da gibt's "Knüppel aus dem Sack"!

#5 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 13 April 2013 - 19:52

Thank you for the new Version.

I think I found something that is most likely not intended. I started a Scout Career for the German Luftstreitkräfte. I'm at the lowest Rank but got assigned the best Plane while all the others in the flight where assigned to the inferior Plane. The date I start at seems to not matter at all. Tried early 1916 and i got the Halberstadt D2 while the rest gets the Fokker E3. Tried at a later date with a Squadron that got the Fokker DR.1 assigned…But only me was choosen to fly it,the rest got their old Albatros D5a.

Will try a few allied Careers to see if that happens there too.

Edit: Just tried a Belgian Campaign,Squadron has Spad 13. The rest of the flight is assigned to Spad 7 180hp.
And the same with the French….Spad 7 while all the others fly N17.

Not sure about it,but it seems that only Scout Squadrons are effected by this. Tried a few 2 seater Squadrons and hadn't it happen yet.

Ugh - I changed that to work on a rating that I put in the aircraft file and ended up reversing the algorithm. Will post an emergency fix ASAP.

#6 Uwe_W.

Uwe_W.
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 13 April 2013 - 20:11

Tagged for later…

#7 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 13 April 2013 - 20:33

Got the fix in place but my hosting site is wonky. Will get the fix up ASAP.

#8 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 13 April 2013 - 20:51

#9 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 13 April 2013 - 20:54

13.2.1 is up. If you downloaded 13.2 please get 13.2.1. Apologies for the screw up.

#10 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 13 April 2013 - 20:59

404 (Page Not Found) Error.. keeps coming up!

#11 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 13 April 2013 - 21:02

404 (Page Not Found) Error.. keeps coming up!

Refresh the page (F5) and it will be there. The button will say 13.2.1.

#12 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 13 April 2013 - 21:03

:S!:

#13 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 13 April 2013 - 21:50

Wow Pat,thanks for the quick bugfix!

#14 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 13 April 2013 - 22:29

Terrific work Pat!
Thank you for your continued improvement of an already excellent campaign mode!

#15 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 13 April 2013 - 23:54

That's great, Pat!

Will take it for a ride a bit later… :S!:

#16 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:38

Sorry I do not understand this, are you saying here, that some jasta's use Manfred or Spanish skins, because your personal skin can be selected in the hangar. :?: :?: :?:
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#17 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:44

This getting Confusing!!! Such is progress I guess! Most of these updates in the last 10 days!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :S!:

S!Blade<><

Attached Files

#18 Rover_27

Rover_27

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:44

Congratulations everybody! Thank you Pat for another excellent update.
Amazing addition tvrtko. Too bad I have them all and I don't see your art too often)))
Now I have to go to Planes Owned page and pretend I don't have some of them! :D

#19 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 14 April 2013 - 13:25

Not really a bug,but kind of funny.

After the loss of a Pilot the Squadron got Feldwebel Sabine Klein as replacement. "Sabine" is a female name. Well,maybe she got into the Luftstreitkräfte disguised as Male. Especially the Mustache looks well done. :lol:

Edit: I looked through the German Firstnames list. "Sabine" seems to be the only female name in it.

#20 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 14 April 2013 - 13:48

Immediate CTD the moment I began a mission generated with 13.2.1.

#21 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 14 April 2013 - 14:26

Sorry I do not understand this, are you saying here, that some jasta's use Manfred or Spanish skins, because your personal skin can be selected in the hangar. :?: :?: :?:

PWCG uses only the skins it is told to use, not whatever is in the skins folder. That comment means that there were some cases in 13.1 where an incorrect skin could be used. Those instances were cleaned up in 13.2.

You can still go to the hangar and give yourself a Spanish skin if you want to, but at least PWCG won't do it for you :).

#22 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 14 April 2013 - 14:30

Tried another mission with 13.2.1 and it works. Guess it was a random glitch?

#23 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 14 April 2013 - 15:14

Pat, did you change something with waypoint priorities? All of a sudden the AI are behaving as they do in the B-career. The flight leader dives down to attack, and the other flight members just circle above, descending at 1ft/min.

#24 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 14 April 2013 - 15:51

A glitch is always possible. There are probably thousands of randomizations per mission.

I did not make any changes to WP priority. Checked my own recent mission and WP priority is zero (low) for scout flights, which is correct. Besides, WP priority applies to all members of if the flight. If the leader attacks and the rest don't, then that is probably not connected to WP priority. I have at times seen similar behavior, but I do not believe that it is a change in PWCG. Wondering if the internal rules of RoF changed with a recent release and I am not aware of it.

#25 Rover_27

Rover_27

Posted 14 April 2013 - 17:14

Hi all. I probably missed something important in the heap of PWCG threads but is there any remedy to this situation at the beginning of the mission? I mean I really frequently risk losing half of the flight during takeoff. Tried to restart the missions, the game, PWCG - to no avail. Thanks for advice

P.S. Just let me know if you need specifics and I will provide all necessary details

Attached Files

#26 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 14 April 2013 - 18:42

Rover:

Pat's going to need the mission files for these two so he can diagnose. PM him.

#27 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 14 April 2013 - 19:59

Really just need the squadron and date. If it does it for Rover it will do it for me too.

#28 tvrtko

tvrtko

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:30

Congratulations everybody! Thank you Pat for another excellent update.
Amazing addition tvrtko. Too bad I have them all and I don't see your art too often)))
Now I have to go to Planes Owned page and pretend I don't have some of them! :D
:lol:
Oh you…. "pretender" ! :mrgreen:
Actually, I feel your pain.
First time - I just clicked them
for five minutes. But I have to
test them. So I have alibi. :| :roll:
And you don't. :mrgreen:

Thanks. Glad you enjoy them. :S!:

#29 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:01

Yes, I have the same problem: I own all the planes.

So I'll never see the new art work. :cry:

#30 tvrtko

tvrtko

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:20

Actually… :roll: I'm not so sure.
You saw it, already.
Even those "own" are brand new.
Not to mention (slightly) modified
MAIN screen.
But if you're trying to say "oh c'mon
man, wateva" that wouldn't be nice.
That will hurt my tender feelings. :mrgreen:
Ah… so much about it.
Let's turn now to real art. Pat's art.

#31 Rover_27

Rover_27

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:22

Really just need the squadron and date. If it does it for Rover it will do it for me too.

I guess I will dig a bit deeper into this issue later because it also seems to be map dependent. That is the same squadron on the same date is not in the same takeoff setup in the Channel map compared to France, etc.
I will try to compile longer list of bugged airfields with dates and squadrons if I have time.
Hope this will be helpful. At least I'm glad to know that it is repairable.

#32 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 15 April 2013 - 13:53

I guess I will dig a bit deeper into this issue later because it also seems to be map dependent. That is the same squadron on the same date is not in the same takeoff setup in the Channel map compared to France, etc.
I will try to compile longer list of bugged airfields with dates and squadrons if I have time.
Hope this will be helpful. At least I'm glad to know that it is repairable.

That is true. For whatever reason the same place on the France and Channel map are not really at all the same. So it is entirely possible that an airfield will work fine on one map and not the other, because for all purposes they may as well be two completely different places.

#33 Dooga

Dooga

Posted 15 April 2013 - 20:49

Pat, thank you once more for your work, PWCG brings RoF to life!

A minor feature proposal: how about having the PWCG GUI play era music, e.g. from here: http://www.firstworl...audio/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.firstworl...audio/index.htm

It could even be made to fit the year of the campaign you're playing!

#34 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 15 April 2013 - 22:07

Pat, thank you once more for your work, PWCG brings RoF to life!

A minor feature proposal: how about having the PWCG GUI play era music, e.g. from here: http://www.firstworl...audio/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.firstworl...audio/index.htm

It could even be made to fit the year of the campaign you're playing!

That's a decent idea. It would have to be something people could turn off. Would also need some French and German music. Probably best to set up as a separate download.

Can't promise when, as this would be a a bit of a project, but I can put it on the to-do list.

#35 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:45

Seeing more weird stuff with 13.1.2. This time my flight took off alright, but instead of following the waypoints, the flight leader took a zig-zag course over our aerodrome. I decided to lone wolf it, and found zero enemy and friendly aircraft over the front. Fwiw, I have air activity set to 'high,' so I'm guessing the other flights were doing the same.

#36 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:54

Seeing more weird stuff with 13.1.2. This time my flight took off alright, but instead of following the waypoints, the flight leader took a zig-zag course over our aerodrome. I decided to lone wolf it, and found zero enemy and friendly aircraft over the front. Fwiw, I have air activity set to 'high,' so I'm guessing the other flights were doing the same.

LOL…Uhm, Gav, it's 13.2.1 (not 13.1.2). Your rivet-counting skills are seriously coming into question here. :oops:

I always fly as the flight leader so I never see my flight leader do odd things (well, I probably do odd things but by bot wingmen don't ever complain as they all fear my cutting sarcasm. :mrgreen: ).

Seriously (more or less): Did you have a mixed plane flight (like N17s and N11s)? The flight leader (I do use Auto Pilot while climbing to the waypoints) will circle back to allow the slower older planes to catch up. Maybe that's what you were seeing?

Also there are (and always have been) missions in which the enemy planes simply fly away and land without crossing your route. Frustrating but probably realistic.

#37 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:28

Maybe, hard to say. 13.1 was so good I'm almost ready to roll back.

#38 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 16 April 2013 - 13:57

The AI spots enemy aircraft beyond visual range. It is possible that your flight leader saw something, started to chase, and then gave up. Hard to say. I am happy to look at any missions that you think are producing odd results. Just post the mission file and the eng file.

#39 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 16 April 2013 - 20:27

Ok, let me keep testing to see if it happens again. I could just be getting a bad string of weird crap.

Nice pink name tag, Pat. :S!:

#40 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 16 April 2013 - 21:56

Ok, let me keep testing to see if it happens again. I could just be getting a bad string of weird crap.

Nice pink name tag, Pat. :S!:

Got a promotion :)

I really don't think that I changed much for scout missions between 13.1 and 13.2.1. There are just such a big number of variables that you can go for weeks without seeing anything and then either a bug or a weird event pops up. I play on low aircraft density because my system can't handle more. Makes it tough for me to experience the interactions that can happen with more planes in the air.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users