Photo
- - - - -

Version 13.0 Released

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 13 April 2013 - 17:56

You probably already know how much I love PWCG but correct me if I'm wrong - I recently started to notice that not all flights are stationed at historically correct airfields. Especially in the Channel map (Jasta 27, No. 1 squad RNAS, etc.). I'm obviously not the first person to point that out but I'd like to know if any help is needed in this direction.

They are stationed at about the right place, but not definitively at the right place. The map, and time to do research to that painstaking a level are all factors. By stationing them in about the right place you will encounter all of the opponents that you are supposed to. Needless to say, proper stationing is a non-factor for the non-moving front.

If anybody wants to give me exact placement in RoF terms (i.e. don't tell me that a squadron was based at an airfield that doesn't exist in RoF) for any given squadron, I will make the changes. I am happy to incorporate the efforts of anybody willing to help.

#82 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:50

You da man!

My god folks with Pat and Luke on these boards we are in the presence of Uber Patch mod royalty.

:mrgreen:

:mrgreen:

Thanks! Real Fleet Boat was a lot of work, but I am very satisfied with the end result.

#83 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:51

Fair to the AI???

The AI that can see in the dark, see through clouds, knows where you are at all times, can prop hang forever, keeps on fighting even when it's torn to shreds???

THAT AI????

LOL!

Thanks for the laugh. :S!:

The AI cannot see well in the dark, and it cannot see through clouds. That was implemented some time ago. :)

#84 caketin

caketin

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:44

8-) Sorry for hijacking the thread, but….

I have been searching for user generated missions, like those you find on the missions page on ROF. I prefer to use these missions but there are few of them, and there are no additions for newer aircraft. I have assumed that there are missions designed by users that are available for download and that would appear on my missions screen - but so far I've only found the rather complex spider web. I downloaded another some time ago but I could never get it to appear in game. Is there a forum or site where I can find these, together with any instructions I need to get them in the right file? I've been playing ROF since about 2010 and I'm rather thoroughly versed in the ones that came with the game.

I do fly simple missions but half of the time my foe flies off over the horizon and doesn't come back until I land. I make myself a pretty tempting target, laying into convoys and balloons - but the gutless buggers hide, out of fear I suppose as I am indeed formidable, unless I'm in a Gotha. But then again, better than half the time the AI pilots crash the Gotha I give them before I can shoot it down.

#85 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:26

PWCG can be used as a simple mission generator if you want to do that. Make a campaign (about 2 min effort) for the place and time and plane you want to fly and generate missions. No need to bother with campaign stuff like AARs and the like if you are not interested. You can just make the missions and fly them.

#86 caketin

caketin

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:03

I was a little spooked last time I looked at it, not being a gamer by nature (the only "game" I play is rise of flight) but with your encouragement I'll give it another go Pat.

#87 dakrushel

dakrushel

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:35

Ok so I am new to RoF. As a matter of fact I just installed it and have not actually played it yet as I am currently fighting with a similar problem. As far as I know, my computer exceeds all the minimum requirements but the game is still really slow, even before starting getting into the actual gameplay. I tried switching all the settings to 'high' and then back but it hasn't really done much.

#88 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:37

No need to bother with campaign stuff like AARs and the like if you are not interested. You can just make the missions and fly them.
The AAR is a great thing, I even use it for career beta and single missions to check why I was suddenly shot down !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users