• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 02 April 2013 - 00:12

Hey guys,

Just a small update for you. As you know 1.030 is released and it was a pretty big update. Lot's of goodies in there. We want to thank everyone for your bug reports and kind words! Another big step in ROF history.

And don't miss the current sale we have running until April 3rd!

One special note about this update which was a little confusing. We did institute a new stat collecting system in 1.030 that will, in a week or two, result in the launch of our new Online Leaderboard system. Using the new two tier difficulty system in 1.030 we will begin to track stats for MP and then eventually for SP. The new Leaderboard will have a lot of interesting info that can be sorted that will take the emphasis off of just points and allow you to make judgments about who the best pilots are. We encourage everyone to help us test this new Leaderboard by agreeing to send us their stats. There will probably be some bugs, but the more who participate the faster we can locate them. At some point once the new system is live and functioning properly we will wipe all the old scores and start over from 0. So practice up and when the new system is live, let's see who the top guns really are in ROF!

And we are not releasing any screens of the new system as we want it to be a surprise!

Jason

#2 Rivfader

Rivfader

Posted 02 April 2013 - 00:19

I've never been in love with a game like this, thanks 777 I love you!!!!!!

#3 Dressedwings

Dressedwings
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 02 April 2013 - 00:39

:D nice to hear its so close

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#4 belfastman2

belfastman2

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:53

Thank you fors till having the time to keep this game alive

#5 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:01

I've already bought everything there is to buy, thanks for the sale though!
Now with so many two seaters released, early to late war campaigns are really fleshing out.
I'm not interested in flying the majority of the 2 seaters, but just having them in the game is worth
supporting RoF with more plane purchases.
Still looking forward to that snipe though! (It's been 2 years and 7 days since it was stated to be 'likely released')

Thanks for the info on the leaderboards. I was wondering about the blank blurbs under everyone's names.
I'd be happy to upload my sp stats if you provide a link.
I guess I could even be coerced into flying some mp if there was a need for stats there.

#6 =69.GIAP=REDVO

=69.GIAP=REDVO

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:05

SALUTE

Thanks for the update, create more stuff we do want to buy, support and get freebies :S!:

An aircraft Carrier would definatly be a very welcome addition and launch us into a different level of fun missions. ;)

thanks

#7 Zoring

Zoring

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:24

Keep up the good work Jason and 777 team :) love the update, can't wait to see what is coming up next! (always wanting more :D)

#8 rolikiraly

rolikiraly

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:32

Thanks nice work

#9 Spag

Spag
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:54

Thanks so much 777, I have never been so entralled with a computer sim before RoF.
Magic.
But your dog is ugly.
Cheers,
Spag. :)

Bite off more than you can chew.

Then chew like Hell ! ! !

#10 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:59

Still looking forward to that snipe though! (It's been 2 years and 7 days since it was stated to be 'likely released')

Perhaps they thought that the war would be over by Christmas?

I'd like to see the Snipe too…but then I'd like to see everything. :)

Good work 777.

#11 realCallahan

realCallahan

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:49

Interesting! :)
Thanks for the update!

#12 M.H

M.H

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:39

I know this is a stupid question but …….. What are MP ans SP ? :oops:

#13 Spag

Spag
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:54

No such thing as a stupid question. Only stupid answers.
MP is Multi-Player, SP is Single-Player, MP is only online of course, SP can be both on or offline.
Cheers,

Bite off more than you can chew.

Then chew like Hell ! ! !

#14 Catoprion

Catoprion

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:25

Thanks for the update! :S!:
I hope someday it will possible to play coop campaign :) dream, dream…

Cato

#15 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 02 April 2013 - 13:33

Thanks for the update.

Very happy with Rise of Flight.

:S!:

You can vote my post up by clicking the green arrow on the right.

#16 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 02 April 2013 - 13:49

We already know who the best pilots are. Don't need a scoreboard for that. ;) In fact, in flight sim history I can recall that some of the best sticks frequently have pretty mediocre stats. It was always eye-opening to have my butt handed to me by someone with half my K:D. :oops:

My only hope is that the new system won't encourage people to only fly the best aircraft more than they already do. If you found a way to encourage people to fly the *less* popular aircraft in order to improve their standing, then I will be impressed.

#17 Hexe

Hexe

Posted 02 April 2013 - 16:26

Thanks for the Update.

In recognition of your performance I bought diligent in your store. :S!:

I have a little request: Is it posible, to translate the whole career-Mode into the local language? I think, the great community will help to do this! :!:

For me, as a german pilot, it's a better atmosphere when i can read a german "Newspaper" or get my missionbriefing im my own language.
And i think, many Pilots from all Europe and the Rest of the world whants to read spanish, portuguise, french, italian, and many other more.

#18 MinoTaurusX

MinoTaurusX

Posted 02 April 2013 - 17:05

:D RoF is so beautiful, it is close to the reality. I like it so much, I'm absolutely fascinated - I've spent a lot of time with it!
Concerning the sale: I can not buy any additional stuff. I've bought all to support the RoF team.

#19 Badgerbrown

Badgerbrown

Posted 02 April 2013 - 17:07

Best D@mn Game Ever.

#20 M.H

M.H

Posted 02 April 2013 - 17:52

No such thing as a stupid question. Only stupid answers.
MP is Multi-Player, SP is Single-Player, MP is only online of course, SP can be both on or offline.
Cheers,
Thanks . Now I can finally understand these posts. :S!:

#21 1PL-Frog-1Esk

1PL-Frog-1Esk

Posted 02 April 2013 - 18:35

I think the real tournament 1vs1, 2vs2 or 5vs5, will show who is the best in RoF. Perhaps the new statistics will enliven rivalries in MP, which unfortunately, fewer and fewer people playing.

:cry:

#22 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 02 April 2013 - 18:53

MP, which unfortunately, fewer and fewer people playing.

#23 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 02 April 2013 - 19:24

I think the real tournament 1vs1, 2vs2 or 5vs5, will show who is the best in RoF. Perhaps the new statistics will enliven rivalries in MP, which unfortunately, fewer and fewer people playing.

The best in the tournament does not mean the best in the game…
I doubt that the statistics as it will affect the popularity of multiplayer or the game in general.

#24 Pip2

Pip2

Posted 02 April 2013 - 20:29

I've never been in love with a game like this, thanks 777 I love you!!!!!!
I pretty much agree with this guy :D It just keeps getting better and better! :S!:

#25 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 02 April 2013 - 21:13

Thanks for the update.

Very happy with Rise of Flight.

Couldn't agree more!

#26 HippyDruid

HippyDruid

Posted 02 April 2013 - 23:18

I haven't had much of a chance to do anything lately, due to work commitments. But the short time I did get with the new update was totally grouse!!

Keep up the good work!

#27 1PL-Frog-1Esk

1PL-Frog-1Esk

Posted 02 April 2013 - 23:54

I disagree with you Vaal

Many people play on FC of 20% of the amount of fuel and are the first in the statistics, all the time fly on the same aircraft as it is a mistake. When the tournament load the plane at 100%, it would turn out that these people can not fly. The planes are too heavy, the wind is too strong, etc. but what do I know. Some have talent, and win with those of the first places.

I know some of them ;)

#28 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:30

I disagree with you Vaal

Many people play on FC of 20% of the amount of fuel and are the first in the statistics, all the time fly on the same aircraft as it is a mistake. When the tournament load the plane at 100%, it would turn out that these people can not fly. The planes are too heavy, the wind is too strong, etc. but what do I know. Some have talent, and win with those of the first places.

I know some of them ;)

As I recall the tournaments in Il2 and ROF, usually no one uses 100% of fuel.
I mean similarly, we can say that such winner 1x1 - absolutely useless to dogfight server. I encountered such a pilot in IL2.

#29 J5_Spyboy

J5_Spyboy

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:15

Thanks Jason & 777 for keeping up with your committment to this outstanding game.It gets better and better.

#30 315_Piotras

315_Piotras

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:22

Sorry guys but I wont say thx,love this game, etc.My thanks is buying almost every plane since beginning.
After three years we will get new stats,great but question is for who?Every day I see less and less players on multi,all servers generate 30-50 active players.This is very bad score unfortunately.Why we haven't any options to create virtual fronts which was like oxygen for Il-2 by 10 years.I'm not waiting for stats,I'm waiting for full servers.That happen only when 777 will understand as we need dynamic genarator for multi.

RoF is great game but I think completely not used an I don't know why.

#31 tvrtko

tvrtko

Posted 03 April 2013 - 14:20

Maybe Pat Wilson is the one "to blame" ?
I mean… he's getting better and better
and MP, you said it, is just getting worse.
Could it be that it is related ? Somehow.

#32 M.H

M.H

Posted 03 April 2013 - 14:31

Honestly , I all the times I have come online , I never find anyone . I wonder why . Maybe they should work on a project to make a fast buck , spend a large part of the money they make on ROF development and party with the rest . To be a pure enthusiastic flight sim , ROF need more then what it's contenders can offer . It need more theaters of war , more planes and all correct FMs . This is what worked for IL2 , it will work for ROF . :S!:

#33 nebuluz

nebuluz
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 April 2013 - 16:09

Saying "great, great … great" is hypocrisy! "777" you have no idea of ​​multi, what you offer so far is anachronistic. Money is not just a "single", while others know about this example: Wot, etc War Thunder. Create aircraft, terrain modeling, and the whole shell is claustrophobic. You are not doing anything and it will be multi your nail in the coffin-sad is because I love Rof.

#34 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 03 April 2013 - 16:37

It's a great patch !

#35 M.H

M.H

Posted 03 April 2013 - 16:41

It's a great patch !
Yes but the FMs leave a lot to be desired . :(

#36 AzraelMalik

AzraelMalik

Posted 03 April 2013 - 16:52

I for one think that the patch is great - even with the occasional hiccups (bugs). The guys at 777 put in a ton of work (along with several members of the community) and I think that should be recognized and not try to train wreck this thread with yet another discussion of FM inaccuracies.

We all know there are some FM issues, the Devs know there are some FM issue, but let's not turn every single thread on this forum into another discussion of the FM issues. Until they are corrected, learn to live with the FM issues and move on.

I will finish with this: Thank you Jason, 777, and the community members that worked on this patch (and other behind the scenes work). Your work is greatly appreciated as you strive to continually improve RoF.

#37 M.H

M.H

Posted 03 April 2013 - 16:58

I for one think that the patch is great - even with the occasional hiccups (bugs). The guys at 777 put in a ton of work (along with several members of the community) and I think that should be recognized and not try to train wreck this thread with yet another discussion of FM inaccuracies.

We all know there are some FM issues, the Devs know there are some FM issue, but let's not turn every single thread on this forum into another discussion of the FM issues. Until they are corrected, learn to live with the FM issues and move on.

I will finish with this: Thank you Jason, 777, and the community members that worked on this patch (and other behind the scenes work). Your work is greatly appreciated as you strive to continually improve RoF.
I must agree with you here Sir , I hope the issue gets addressed soon , even if in installments . :S!:

#38 Tiger27

Tiger27

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:52

We already know who the best pilots are. Don't need a scoreboard for that. ;) In fact, in flight sim history I can recall that some of the best sticks frequently have pretty mediocre stats. It was always eye-opening to have my butt handed to me by someone with half my K:D. :oops:

My only hope is that the new system won't encourage people to only fly the best aircraft more than they already do. If you found a way to encourage people to fly the *less* popular aircraft in order to improve their standing, then I will be impressed.

How do you know who the best pilots are, I have flown ROF online since day one(well since the MP was fixed) and there are many pilots that I have never run across?

There are many time zones so it is unlikely that you or anyone has flown with or against all pilots.

Of course you realise that the best pilot has nothing to do with the best shot anyway, I would imagine there are many a great virtual pilots in ROF that may not be the best shot, so their KD will reflect nothing about their abilities.

I agree with your thoughts on giving more score for those in more difficult to fly planes or on the side with less player etc.

I always seemed to get more points in the past when flying the Tripe not sure if this was the reason as it was impossible to understand the old scoring system, but it is a great idea to encourage diversity, it would also increase the purchase of the less popular planes, of course who makes the judgement on which of certain planes were more difficult is another matter, maybe it could be done mission per mission if there are 10 Camel and 10 Dr1's and say two Albies and a couple of Tripes then the Albies and Tripe flyers could possibly get a bonus added to the score.

#39 Tiger27

Tiger27

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:56

Honestly , I all the times I have come online , I never find anyone . I wonder why . Maybe they should work on a project to make a fast buck , spend a large part of the money they make on ROF development and party with the rest . To be a pure enthusiastic flight sim , ROF need more then what it's contenders can offer . It need more theaters of war , more planes and all correct FMs . This is what worked for IL2 , it will work for ROF . :S!:

Do you have mods ticked as I'm in Australia/Perth so not the best time zone for ROF but there are nearly always a few on one or two servers?

#40 Tiger27

Tiger27

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:03

I disagree with you Vaal

I know some of them ;)

This is hopefully another factor they could adjust the scoring with, percentage of fuel.

I like to learn to fly all the planes I fly online, offline with full fuel first, then when you wind it back to 15% on FC it is a lot easier to fly but I can still jump on Syndicate and fly at 100%, if you only learn with a light fuel load it could be quite difficult to adjust I would think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users