Photo
- - - - -

Bugs found in 1.030

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#161 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 29 June 2013 - 16:48

Dunno if this has been reported earlier but belgian 1ere Escadrille is flying with british markings/paint scheme on its Camels (december 1917)
Also the Jasta 3 is somehow stuck with Carl Menckhoff's paint scheme of Albie D.V (december 1917). Previously I've encounterd them with classical default paint scheme of Albie D.V (brown or this non-painted fuselage and colored wings) but from a certain point they use only C.M. paint scheme - all of them.

The first problem (Belgian 1ere Escadrille) is probably due to the fact that the default skin for that unit, which will be "SC_BMA1_default.dds", isn't available yet for use in game - that should be fixed in the next update/release.

The other problem (with Jasta 3 Albies) will also be fixed in the next release (some work has been done to expand the number of default skins for this unit over various time periods, and something may have gone screwy with the previous release's files).

Thanks for pointing this out so I could check into it.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#162 Jorren

Jorren

Posted 29 June 2013 - 17:29

OK, roger that.

BTW, few missions later the Jasta 3 planes were again flying with their default camo, so the Menckhoff paint scheme sometimes appears and sometimes not. Actually the CM camo appeared in like 3-4 missions for me so far.

There is a little problem with de Belgian Croix de Guerre medal. The second time it is awarded - for 10 kills - it is named as Croix de Guerre with Bronze palm. I suppose it should be named Croix de Guerre with Bronze palm and Silver palm. It is also visible that the second palm is silver. The third award is named correctly as Croix de Guerre with Bronze palm, Silver palm and Gold palm.

:S!:

#163 utopij

utopij

Posted 08 July 2013 - 13:27

A.I constantly crash in to hangars while landing. Some of the pilots survive but majority of them get killed,that later made cloned names in roster list. Looks silly.

#164 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 08 July 2013 - 16:32

A.I constantly crash in to hangars while landing. Some of the pilots survive but majority of them get killed,that later made cloned names in roster list. Looks silly.

Please provide more information about where you are seeing this (e.g., which squadron, what type of aircraft, what airfield, what date on career timeline) - some of the airfields have some placement issues that can sometimes be addressed fairly easily if they know where to look for them.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#165 utopij

utopij

Posted 08 July 2013 - 21:31

Please provide more information about where you are seeing this (e.g., which squadron, what type of aircraft, what airfield, what date on career timeline) - some of the airfields have some placement issues that can sometimes be addressed fairly easily if they know where to look for them.

Harlebeke,Jasta 11
Date:9 June 1916
Albatros D.Va

I just saw this while transfering to Harlebeke aerodrome. Only my plane survive this transfer intact.

Second time i saw similar accident was when two DFW C.V crash in to roof of hangar while landing on Menin aerodrome Schusta 21 but in this case im not sure if this was Shusta 21 stationing in Menin…

#166 Marklar

Marklar

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:02

Same problem here with AI crashing into trees when landing.

Escadrille N3
Cachy Airfield
Jan 1917
N17 & Spad 7

What concerns me is that this problem was first reported 2 years ago! Why it has not been fixed since then?
Bug Report 1.021 posted here.

#167 2mezz

2mezz

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:24

Same landing problem here too,

I started a career with Jasta 15, flying the Pfalz DIIIa in April '18. The A.I. constantly crashes against the hangar or trees when gliding towards the field in final. It appears to me like they just can't see the obstacle and fly straight into it.

For the Pfalz DIIIa career in general i also have one other concern about mixed flight with DVas and Pfalz's, as the albatros seems to struggle to stay in formation when climbing (i know the Pfalz climbs better than the DVa but i saw them stalling and circling around to get back in the flight). On the other hand, when the flight leader flies the faster albatros sometimes he just speeds up leaving the poor Pfalz buddies behind..

#168 Marklar

Marklar

Posted 13 July 2013 - 15:50

And one more bug. When planning a mission (I am squadron commander) I equip myself and rest of the flight with over-wing gun and/or rockets. It does not work. Whatever I chose, all planes have standard equipment when mission is loaded and we are in the cockpits.

#169 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 13 July 2013 - 15:51

And one more bug. When planning a mission (I am squadron commander) I equip myself and rest of the flight with over-wing gun and/or rockets. It does not work. Whatever I chose, all planes have standard equipment when mission is loaded and we are in the cockpits.

This is not a bug unless you yourself do not have the mods equipped. The AI planes cannot be equipped with mods - they have not been programmed to know how to use them.

#170 Marklar

Marklar

Posted 13 July 2013 - 16:13

Any chance they will know it in future?

#171 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 13 July 2013 - 18:39

Any chance they will know it in future?

Never say never, but it seems unlikely to happen any time soon. There are a lot more immportant things to get done (including other more important improvements to AI behaviors) that would/should rank higher in priority.

#172 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:52

Has anyone else noticed the German wound badge isn't given out anymore? It's been that way for my last two CP careers, Jasta 2 (Western Front - Jan, 1917), and Jasta 7 (Channel Map - June 1917). I haven't flown any other Jastas.

Also, it's kind of funny when it happens, but when AI pilots collide on the ground during landing, the one that doesn't get his prop destroyed, freaks out and takes off in his broken plane! I laugh every time.

#173 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:48

Has anyone else noticed the German wound badge isn't given out anymore? It's been that way for my last two CP careers, Jasta 2 (Western Front - Jan, 1917), and Jasta 7 (Channel Map - June 1917). I haven't flown any other Jastas.

It's programmed to only show up now starting in March 1918.

http://www.wehrmacht...ges/history.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.wehrmacht...rds.com/service … istory.htm

#174 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 30 July 2013 - 15:25

Is the POW bug fix in the works? I've found another problem with that, as downed freindly AI planes return with the pilot, no matter where they end up landing. My Jasta was due to receive the D.Va for over a week, but since we haven't had a death in a long time, our plane inventory won't decrease and we're stuck with all D.III's until people die off.

#175 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 31 July 2013 - 15:21

Alert patrols are good place to get wingmen killed, there is usually strong patrol of competent AIs covering the two-seater. Just let your AIs assume the leadership during the mission and watch them die :(.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#176 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 31 July 2013 - 17:52

You're right about that, Trupobaw. Alert patrols and airfield attacks. I used to hate 'em both, but now they're like my favorite types of mission. I've lost only two squadmates in that Jasta (in a month), and both were Alert Patrols if I'm not mistaken.

#177 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:10

I seem to remember a post somewhere where someone reported not being credited with points (or kills?) in a mission. Well, my latest b-career pilot stopped being awarded points for everything.
As result, I had to trash my best DiD career to date (since committing 100% to flying with 'Expert' settings). :(

Here's a chronological account of what happened to my pilot, Ulf Hofmann. I'm wondering if it was triggered by downing a friendly unit, as my experience seems to suggest:

Attached File  rof 2013-08-02 23-10-37-76.jpg   208.83KB   144 downloads

Attached File  rof 2013-08-02 23-10-02-05.jpg   214.71KB   144 downloads

Attached File  rof 2013-08-02 23-08-24-30.jpg   214.69KB   144 downloads

Attached File  rof 2013-08-02 23-08-01-80.jpg   205.17KB   144 downloads

Attached File  rof 2013-08-02 23-07-17-46.jpg   220.26KB   144 downloads

Attached File  rof 2013-08-02 01-20-37-11.jpg   217.3KB   144 downloads

I just ended up deleting this career, but I thought I should post the events just in case. The first anomaly happened on June 30, 1917. Jasta 7 on the Channel Map. I wish I didn't delete the career, because I would have gone back further through the flight logs to see if the other pilot (AI - Engels) had a friendly kill to begin his period of missing points for missions. I do remember that it happened to one of the AI pilots earlier in that career, but I don't remember who it happened to. I'm really wondering if that could be the cause of the problem …

#178 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 17 August 2013 - 18:56

May 4th, 1917, Channel map, Jasta 27, Ghistelles aerodrome

I was flight leader, for the first time …. my flight did not follow me, but remained on the ground.
Re-started and the same thing happened ….

So, off I went on my own …. happy to say that I took on 3 Nieuport 17 single-handed and shot one down …. one other crashed …. the third, I lost sight of.
Returned home minus one aileron, and taxied up to the flight line …. still sitting there warming their engines.

Also, on my previous flight: 2 enemy balloons vanished before my eyes, as I approached them.

"We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight." Wilfrid May

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users