Bugs found in 1.030

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#81 Winston60

Winston60
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 02 April 2013 - 19:05

Deathmatch multiplayer :

- in the game, the ships of my old missions do not move since version 1.030.
EDIT : same in solo game and campaign game (mission generated).

Server problems :

- some old missions cause server crashes after a few minutes of the game (with bugs in the game and TODO problems in the server).

I solved this problem by deleting the old file MSNBIN. But the ships remain still…

Roland CIIa picture :

- confusion with Halberstadt CLII

I can verify that the ships no longer move in user created multiplayer missions. It seems it's very easy to break this with an update as it's happened before and was eventually fixed. Let's hope a fix is made for this reccuring problem soon.

#82 Kreny

Kreny

Posted 02 April 2013 - 20:06

at least at Line Patrol in new Halby DII, autopilot do not keep same height as rest of flight when over nml, autopilot flyes at 80% throttle there so he cant follow leader

#83 M.H

M.H

Posted 02 April 2013 - 20:11

On my first mission in career , I smashed my machine and turned upside down on takeoff . I got the pilot's badge . Is this supposed to happen ?

#84 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 02 April 2013 - 21:16

I think the pilot's badge is rewarded to any pilot making his first 'combat' flight.

#85 Spag

Spag
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:28

Hello Everybody,

I posted earlier that the sound of the engines disappeared in 'Career' when you open the bombsight, but the sound of shelling continues.
This seems so far only to be in the 'Gotha' that I am flying. The DFW I am flying is working fine with both sounds.

Cheers,
Spag. :)

Bite off more than you can chew.

Then chew like Hell ! ! !

#86 12F_Henri

12F_Henri

Posted 03 April 2013 - 13:12

I can verify that the ships no longer move in user created multiplayer missions. It seems it's very easy to break this with an update as it's happened before and was eventually fixed. Let's hope a fix is made for this reccuring problem soon.

I did a new mission and it works, the ships move.

EDIT : it worked on a new "light" map. When there are more trigger and complexity it does not work… I stop the test, it is wiser to wait :)

#87 M.H

M.H

Posted 03 April 2013 - 13:53

When you fire at ground soldiers , they disappear . Does this mean they are dead ?

#88 pharmajoe

pharmajoe

Posted 03 April 2013 - 17:28

On handley page scenario, IA don't take-off.

#89 SubSonicKiwi

SubSonicKiwi

Posted 03 April 2013 - 21:09

I have bug in carrier mission with handley 400, bombing mission fail but I get the message "mission success" after destroying the objective.

I'm having the exact same issue, except that I am flying the Roland C.IIa from AFA 235. I've only flown rail depot strikes so far in my career.

#90 pharmajoe

pharmajoe

Posted 03 April 2013 - 21:46

New mission success bug. I take screenshots this time:

I have message "mission success" after landing:
http://img11.hosting...5objsuccess.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://img11.hosting...5objsuccess.jpg

Unknown on debriefing:
http://img11.hosting.../800096fail.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://img11.hosting.../800096fail.jpg

And fail when back on main menu.

#91 iggy42

iggy42

Posted 03 April 2013 - 22:25

I've started a Halb II career 1st Sept. 1916. My wingmen refuse to rise above about 1000ft no matter what altitude I'm at. Seems to be the case for all missions types.

#92 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 03 April 2013 - 23:00

http://img11.hosting...5objsuccess.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://img11.hosting...5objsuccess.jpg

Unknown on debriefing:
http://img11.hosting.../800096fail.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://img11.hosting.../800096fail.jpg

From my observations:
The "mission complete" seems to be just a message displayed on your computer, while a victorious mission must be reported to master server to count. Hit left Windows key+Tab to get current mission status (and your kills) as server sees it; it takes few seconds after your success for server to notice. If you finish flight soon after "mission success" message, there is a chance your computer has not notified server of the victory yet. (Win-Tab is also useful to check if your offensive/lone patrol is successful yet).

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#93 SubSonicKiwi

SubSonicKiwi

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:18

Unknown on debriefing:

From my observations:
The "mission complete" seems to be just a message displayed on your computer, while a victorious mission must be reported to master server to count. Hit left Windows key+Tab to get current mission status (and your kills) as server sees it; it takes few seconds after your success for server to notice. If you finish flight soon after "mission success" message, there is a chance your computer has not notified server of the victory yet. (Win-Tab is also useful to check if your offensive/lone patrol is successful yet).

I can't speak for Pharmajoe, but both cases I landed at my own airfield long after I received the "mission complete" message. I never finish a mission until I have landed at home or pushed my battered plane as far is it would go…Usually not far enough. :x

#94 Zoring

Zoring

Posted 04 April 2013 - 16:36

When your name appears in the newspaper for kills you have both your first and last name, the aces all have just their last name.

#95 AussiePilot

AussiePilot

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:30

Ships on the fantasy island no longer work properly.

I've been doing some more testing.
1) Old and New missions since 1.030 on the channel map have all ships working fine.
2) Old and New missions on the Fantasy Island map "don't" have ships working properly. Sometimes they work but show no wake. Some ships move while others stay stationary both inside the bay and on the outside of the Island. Ships that moved in one test on the same mission don't move on the next test of the same mission.
Has anyone else noticed this on the fantasy map?
Can someone do a quick mission to confirm for me please. I have something simple, one airfield i can spawn at then a sub in one area and a ship in another with several waypoints.

Here's my original post if anyone wants to follow it, before i realised there was a bug thread.

Ships don't work properly since 1.030

#96 SYN_DerHesse70

SYN_DerHesse70

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:16

I keep getting this while doing W12 career missions on the channel map.

This happen to me all the time!

I'm not able to fly the brandenburg in career.

#97 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:04

This happen to me all the time!

I'm not able to fly the brandenburg in career.

It's a known issue. Hopefully a fix is not far away.

#98 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:40

The Belgian 1ere and 5eme Escadrille de Chasse are supposed to become 9me and 10me Escadrille de Chasse at 1st March 1918 (renamed like Jasta 2 becoming Jasta Boelcke or various Schustas becoming Schlastas?). Yet, the 1ere and 9eme are completly separate squadrons, a career started in 1ere ends on 28th February 1918 and takes player to end of the war, rather than continue as 9eme Escadrille. As the two squadrons don't coexist on the map, it's not even possible to transfer from 1ere to 9eme (losing the existing squadron members and their victories). The only way to move from 1ere to 9me is to transfer to 6eme Squadron de Observation in February and "back" to 9me in March, and that requires player to own an R.E.8. The same happens to 5eme and 10me Escadrille.

Not sure if it's bug or intended limitation…

Forum moderator.

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#99 Jorren

Jorren

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:04

Another load of bugs from me: 8-)

When you hover over mouse cursor at this place you can see this frame

Attached File  bug4.jpg   98.96KB   98 downloads

A missing citation (it is scrolled all the way up)

Attached File  bug5.jpg   55.66KB   98 downloads

Creating a carrer - filtered by plane Albatros D.IIlt

Attached File  bug6.jpg   307.73KB   98 downloads

Same problem with Albatros D.III

Attached File  bug7.jpg   383.16KB   98 downloads

Generated mission - Airco DH2 registered as kill in July 1917 - none of the British squadrons have it as one can see in the "Headquarters" window. As you can see it is also missing the unit.

Attached File  bug8.jpg   164.5KB   98 downloads

All pilots in french units have british names - both in generated and "live" missions

Attached File  bug9.jpg   88.94KB   98 downloads

#100 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 08 April 2013 - 00:06

The Belgian 1ere and 5eme Escadrille de Chasse are supposed to become 9me and 10me Escadrille de Chasse at 1st March 1918 (renamed like Jasta 2 becoming Jasta Boelcke or various Schustas becoming Schlastas?). Yet, the 1ere and 9eme are completly separate squadrons, a career started in 1ere ends on 28th February 1918 and takes player to end of the war, rather than continue as 9eme Escadrille.

It's kind of strange how the Belgian air force reorganized its squads. On paper, it does look like 1ere and 5me were just re-named as 9me and 10me, respectively. However, as part of the reorganization, new 1ere and 5me squadrons were raised. Furthermore, the current 1st Squadron traces its lineage to the pre-March 1918 1ere Escadrille, while the current 9th Squadron carries on the traditions of the 9me Escadrille created on 1 March 1918. So, as a result, the two pairs of squadrons really were separate entities. The insignia, aircraft, and pilots between the two pairs were the same, though.

#101 Seraphiel

Seraphiel
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:41

I'm not sure if it is already on a "to do" list somewhere for the Channel Map, but a few days ago I noticed that Furnes Airfield is missing its aerodrome symbol on this map. If you're having trouble finding it, it's the airfield where No.8 Naval Squadron is located in early March 1917.

By the way, I love the new text sizes for the major and minor cities on the Channel Map. Would love to see this implemented on the Western Front map as well at some point in the future. It's not like you're already buried under with work. ;) :p Ahh… in a perfect world maybe. :)

But seriously - thankyou for all the hard work you guys are putting into this game. Like a fine wine, RoF keeps getting better with age.

#102 AzraelMalik

AzraelMalik

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:49

Last night I flew a balloon hunting mission on the Western Front Map. I was flying with N62 (Oct '16). I knocked down the balloon along with two others. Upon finishing my flight, I was awarded the Croix de Gruerre with two bronze palms. This was the first mission of a new French career. This seems like a bug as subsequent awards would not be applied to the first award of a medal.

#103 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:07

About the bug when the game does not recognize a landing (believes the plane is still in the air) - reigniting the engine then switching it off again if server still believes I'm in the air fixes it every time for me. Hopefully it says something about the bug (maybe it's caused when engine is turned off before plane becomes stationary?)

Forum moderator.

#104 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:29

Last night I flew a balloon hunting mission on the Western Front Map. I was flying with N62 (Oct '16). I knocked down the balloon along with two others. Upon finishing my flight, I was awarded the Croix de Gruerre with two bronze palms. This was the first mission of a new French career. This seems like a bug as subsequent awards would not be applied to the first award of a medal.

It's not a bug but rather the way the award system now works. In 1916 it's fairly easy to earn the Croix de Guerre, and since you scored three victories, you were awarded what would've been given to a French pilot for three victories in 1916.

#105 E.Bukin

E.Bukin

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:00

Dear LukeFF, why was Médaille Militaire not added to French awards so many talking about missing this award in the game???? ROF added full set of Belgian awards, but missed award that people asked for years.

#106 AzraelMalik

AzraelMalik

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:35

It's not a bug but rather the way the award system now works. In 1916 it's fairly easy to earn the Croix de Guerre, and since you scored three victories, you were awarded what would've been given to a French pilot for three victories in 1916.

Thanks Luke. I knew that you had done work on the rewards system. Didn't expect to see 3 awards for that. Guess I missed the full details of the revised system. Thanks again for your work on it.

#107 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 09 April 2013 - 17:40

Again not sure if it's a bug, but the No.56 Squadron on 30th June 1917 and No 65 Squadron during their tenure in 1917 are equipped twice with the same aeroplane. Pictures attached.

As a side note, No. 56 Squadron disappears for good in July 1917… shouldn't they appear again, in Flanders in September 1917, to kill Werner Voss? He was killed somewhere on Channel Map, right?

(S.E.5.a makes very little presence on channel in 1917 in general, but I suspect both these facts have historical reason I'm not aware of).

Pictures of strange squadrons:

Attached Files

Forum moderator.

#108 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 21:13

As a side note, No. 56 Squadron disappears for good in July 1917… shouldn't they appear again, in Flanders in September 1917, to kill Werner Voss? He was killed somewhere on Channel Map, right?

Voss crashed near Ypres, but 56 Squadron was based at Estrée-Blanche, which is not on the Channel Map.

#109 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:04

Dear LukeFF, why was Médaille Militaire not added to French awards so many talking about missing this award in the game???? ROF added full set of Belgian awards, but missed award that people asked for years.

Not enough time, sorry. :) I'd like to have it and some other awards as well, trust me.

#110 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:05

Voss crashed near Ypres, but 56 Squadron was based at Estrée-Blanche, which is not on the Channel Map.

Correct. The airfield at which 56 Sqn is located on the Channel map is the only airfield on the map that is appropriate for them.

#111 volatile_void

volatile_void

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:39

Hi!

I am not sure if this has been already brought up earlier, but it seems that the valve timings of the German inline engines are portrayed wrong in most German aircrafts.

In an normal four stroke engine the inlet and outlet valves are each open approximately 1/4 of the time (i.e. one stroke) and closed 3/4 of the time.
The valves are opened by lowering them, so:
Valve in lower position = open.
Valve in upper position = closed.

On the following planes it appears that the valve timings are the other way around, i.e. 1/4 of the time in upper position (=closed) and 3/4 of the time in lower position (open):

Brandenburg W12, all Albatros D, Fokker D.VII & D.VIIF, Gotha G.V, Halberstadt D.II, Pfalz D.IIIa and D.XII

The valve operation seems to be correctly portrayed on the following planes:
Halberstadt Cl.II 180 hp and 200 hp, Roland C.IIa

I have not checked all of them ingame but most only in the object viewer, but for the ones I checked it also seems to be wrong ingame.

Additionally the Roland C.IIa seems to have a bug with 2 of its valves being in the lower position all the time (also mentioned in post #3 in this thread).

#112 FVK

FVK

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:31

Fantastic eye volatile_void! Can you shoot some video of the affected planes for presentation? Also, can you bring your sources to light so the community can judge?

#113 FVK

FVK

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:33

Not enough time, sorry. :) I'd like to have it and some other awards as well, trust me.

I know you're getting beat up on this but you're really doing a fantastic job. Are you the only one on campaign duty? Maybe some of our most knowledgable people here can give you a hand programming new features and new corrections!

:S!:

#114 theMoxy

theMoxy

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:51

Hi!

I am not sure if this has been already brought up earlier, but it seems that the valve timings of the German inline engines are portrayed wrong in most German aircrafts.

In an normal four stroke engine the inlet and outlet valves are each open approximately 1/4 of the time (i.e. one stroke) and closed 3/4 of the time.
The valves are opened by lowering them, so:
Valve in lower position = open.
Valve in upper position = closed.

On the following planes it appears that the valve timings are the other way around, i.e. 1/4 of the time in upper position (=closed) and 3/4 of the time in lower position (open):

Brandenburg W12, all Albatros D, Fokker D.VII & D.VIIF, Gotha G.V, Halberstadt D.II, Pfalz D.IIIa and D.XII

The valve operation seems to be correctly portrayed on the following planes:
Halberstadt Cl.II 180 hp and 200 hp, Roland C.IIa

I have not checked all of them ingame but most only in the object viewer, but for the ones I checked it also seems to be wrong ingame.

Additionally the Roland C.IIa seems to have a bug with 2 of its valves being in the lower position all the time (also mentioned in post #3 in this thread).

…Indeed, you speak the truth! This pretty much just ruins the whole sim for me.

Also, of VERY serious concern…the front wood paneling on the Halby DII has been clearly depicted as stained Western Red Cedar…which we ALL know was in short supply due to massive Birch Beetle invasions in the early part of the century - leading to a shortage of Birchwood and later resulting in Western Red Cedar being the principle replacement wood in the building of dog-houses on the east coast due to the explosive popularity of Cocker Spaniel dogs in 1910, after the famous Cocker Spaniel "Scooty the Magestic" was single-handedly credited with the abolition of slavery in China that year when the sitting Emperor, the 4yr old "Puyi" was bitten by "Scooty", who's owner, an American dignitary, allowed Puyi to hold his leash…who then gave Scooty a vicious yank which elicited the bite. Unable to blame Puyi for his actions, nor the dignitary, who was of great political significance at the time, it was deemed that the leash was to blame - thus highlighting the plight of a great many Chinese suffering under slavery.

These painfully obvious errors are really making this game unplayable for many of us!

#115 volatile_void

volatile_void

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:18

These painfully obvious errors are really making this game unplayable for many of us!

Sorry, perhaps you got me wrong there. I did not mean that this is some urgent error that makes the sim unplayable and needs to be fixed immediately. I just wanted to mention it. ;)

#116 theMoxy

theMoxy

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:23

I was just being a self-amused smartass ;)

#117 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:23

I know you're getting beat up on this but you're really doing a fantastic job. Are you the only one on campaign duty? Maybe some of our most knowledgable people here can give you a hand programming new features and new corrections!

I am, but it's really the only way to do this sort of thing, as it involves a lot of editing of text files. The biggest help that the community can be (and has been) is helping me out along the way with things like aircraft timelines. :) Updating the Western Front map is a big project (owing to its size and the sheer number of airfields), but it's manageable.

#118 theMoxy

theMoxy

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:51

I am, but it's really the only way to do this sort of thing, as it involves a lot of editing of text files. The biggest help that the community can be (and has been) is helping me out along the way with things like aircraft timelines. :) Updating the Western Front map is a big project (owing to its size and the sheer number of airfields), but it's manageable.

…Personally, as far as full "sim-impact", I don't think exact precision regarding squadrons' locations, times and so forth, is of uber-significant importance…it's fantastic at present - minor adjustments to such things should probably take a back-seat to other ideas & additions; especially if we're considering the Beta Career's immersion level.

Hell, i wouldn't even care if an accidental Roland squadron appeared somewhere up north on the western front - they're kinda fun to see flying around ;) But seriously, if you have 'X' amount of hours to pour into stuff, i'd wager that 98% of career-fans would highly prefer that it be spent in other directions first… AI personalities & career stats, flying with historical aces, combat AI, writable journal, leave time, and other optional tweaks.

It's nice to have historical precision, but let's face it…the concept of a truly dynamic career would involve weird little alterations to history anyways - I dream of the true WWI 'experience'…not necessarily the exact reproduction; more like my own WWI every time i start a career - i realize that it all has to start from a pure reproduction model, but squadron minutiae to the day doesn't really change much compared to other projects. I might be alone in this verbally…but i highly doubt i am in numbers.

You've done a hell of a job thus far! don't tire yourself out on boring details just yet ;)

#119 volatile_void

volatile_void

Posted 10 April 2013 - 19:20

Fantastic eye volatile_void! Can you shoot some video of the affected planes for presentation? Also, can you bring your sources to light so the community can judge?

Actually this is quite obvious in the Brandenburg W12:

At any time most valves should be in the upper/closed position. Only about two valves (or at maximum three partially opened valves at transition) should be visible in the lower/opened position at any time on a six cylinder (assuming one inlet and one outlet valve per cylinder). Moreover one cylinder should never have both of its valves opened at the same time.

If you take a look at the W12's stopped engine you immediately see that:
- all valves are opened except for two (that is opposite to what it should be)
- consequently, most of the cylinders have their inlet and outlet valve in the opened state at the same time.

Attached File  w12_valves.png   132.94KB   144 downloads

On the running engine generally most valves should appear in the closed/upper position and only be pressed to the lower position for a short time. On the mentioned planes this is also the opposite way: The valves appear in the opened/lower position most of the time and "pop out" sporadic.

Some sources:
Four stroke engines generally (should be common knowledge): http://en.wikipedia....r-stroke_engine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia....r-stroke_engine
Benz Bz III engine (especially drawings, you see that the valves are open in the lowered position): http://www.muzeumlot...alog.php?cz=740" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.muzeumlot...wa.pl/digitaliz … php?cz=740
Mercedes D.IVa valves: http://archive.org/s...e/n334/mode/2up" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://archive.org/s...m/textbookaeroe … 4/mode/2up

#120 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:57

theMoxy,

That's all good and well, but I can't just delve in and start adding all those things that you want (and a lot of what I want, too). That's why I'm focusing on what I am doing, because it is part of the presentation. Having squads move around, leave the front, and then return is part of the experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users