Photo
- - - - -

Bugs found in 1.030

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#41 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:23

1. Jasta 11 in career is showing the Albatros D.Va available as of January 12th, 1917, alongside the Halberstadt D.II (it should be the Albatros D.II).

2. Balloons sinking into ground and then burning up.

3. Observed balloons disappearing completely in air, on two occassions (before winched down).

"We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight." Wilfrid May

#42 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:55

I've noticed some strange goings on with No.29 Squadron in my career. I first noticed that No.29 Squadron appears on both the Channel and Western Front maps at the same time date-wise. So there are essentially two No.29 Squadrons operating independently of each other at different airfields, one on the Channel map, one on the Western Front map.

I had been hoping that the squadron would transfer from the Channel map to the other once it hit the 24th October 1916, since that was when No.29 Squadron first appears on the Western Front map, but it didn't.

Squadrons cannot transfer between maps.

Not only that, but the Channel map version of the squadron ceases to exist from the 11th March 1917 until the 5th July 1917 - it just jumps from March to July and a crossed out hangar icon is on the dates that were skipped over. Is this when the squadron is supposed to transfer somewhere but is not yet implemented in game?

The crossed-out dates are when the squadron is not on the map. Consider it being the game's way of giving you some leave time. :)

#43 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:56

1. Jasta 11 in career is showing the Albatros D.Va available as of January 12th, 1917, alongside the Halberstadt D.II (it should be the Albatros D.II).

Known issue, I made a mistype in a date when entering this squad's data.

#44 Spag

Spag
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:17

On a Gotha mission in Career mode:-
No engine noise when using bombsight, however the flak is still heard.
Lost an engine and crash landed hard behind enemy lines and was injured badly, but was not captured and was available for the next days mission without any hospital time.
Cheers,
Spag. :)

Bite off more than you can chew.

Then chew like Hell ! ! !

#45 =69.GIAP=REDVO

=69.GIAP=REDVO

Posted 30 March 2013 - 14:36

SALUTE

At COOP mission planning, when you plan as the Russians the Belgian Roundel is displayed on the aicraft selection page.

I think this is intentional since the Belgian nation does not exist in Miss planner.

Any fix or solution for this from anyone?

:S!:

#46 SquEEEEky

SquEEEEky

Posted 30 March 2013 - 15:02

I have found 4 other problems with the carrerr in the W12.
1. As soon as you take off your mission is complete.
2.Your flight never goes after enemy aircraft.
3. You are never attacked by ANY enemies
4> even if you land and beach your plane you don't get a landing counted.

#47 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 30 March 2013 - 15:17

Which unit and date, and which mission type(s)?

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#48 thenorm

thenorm

Posted 30 March 2013 - 16:28

The career is broken in general with mods on, noting is logged, no flight time, no victories, no deaths.

#49 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 30 March 2013 - 17:04

The career is broken in general with mods on, noting is logged, no flight time, no victories, no deaths.

Hmm - to test this I just went in and started a career with a Belgian unit on the Channel Map in September 1916, with mods on, and everything worked perfectly. I didn't manage to get any kills before I tore the wings off my N11 diving too desparately for a balloon, but my flight path, flight time, death, and some results from some of the AI aircraft in the mission were displayed just fine on the after-mission results screens, and my career ended as it should have:

Maybe it has something to do with one (or more) of the mods you have installed?

Have you done a recovery lately?

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#50 Fishkiller74

Fishkiller74

Posted 30 March 2013 - 18:31

I am having a problem with a standard patrol in the W12. I keep getting a can not load object error. Luascripts\worldobjects\.txt Seems to happen every time at various points in the patrol…

#51 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 30 March 2013 - 18:40

The Belgian 1ere Escadrille de Chasse displays unit name instead of pilot name (both as in-flight icons and on list of players victories), and displays no squadron insignia on victories list. Is the unit name wrongly entered in "name" field for the squadron, or are Belgian pilot names not in generator yet?

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#52 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 30 March 2013 - 20:08

Sopwith Triplanes appeared in career in September 1916 on Belgium map (thankfully, they never spotted my E.III).

I'm noticing balloons and support units (from both sides) in No-Man's Land … is this by design?

Also, not specific to 1.030, but something I've long wished would be corrected: once we're shot down, safely on the ground with our engine stopped … could the AI please NOT continue to strafe us, when we're out of action? (It almost seems as if there's an Ira Jones in every one of them ….).

"We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight." Wilfrid May

#53 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 30 March 2013 - 20:50

Sopwith Triplanes appeared in career in September 1916 on Belgium map (thankfully, they never spotted my E.III).

I've just met them with icons on, no need to fear them, they'are friendlies :o ! Their icon is blue rather than red, they chased away the Belgian pilot named "1ere Escadrille de Chasse" attacking me in his N11 and destroyed balloon that was my objective, too.

The Manston War Flight (stationed in England) shows as equipped with Triplanes on hedquarters map on September 5th. Even if it's intentional (test unit?) it does not explain why they are over Western front, fighting on German side ;) .

Forum moderator.

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#54 redcoat22

redcoat22

Posted 30 March 2013 - 21:29

I am in FAA 227 June 1917 and I have only one of four completed mission ps showing flight time and scoring. One time I finished my mission and it still showed the entire squadron "in air" even though we had landed. I did monkey with the settings a bit after my first mission but other than that I cannot see why I am not getting "tracked" by the computer.

Would a recovery help with this?

#55 SquEEEEky

SquEEEEky

Posted 30 March 2013 - 23:01

Which unit and date, and which mission type(s)?
It is Sept 1917, Seaflugstation Flagern II in sea patrol.

#56 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:05

I am in FAA 227 June 1917 and I have only one of four completed mission ps showing flight time and scoring. One time I finished my mission and it still showed the entire squadron "in air" even though we had landed. I did monkey with the settings a bit after my first mission but other than that I cannot see why I am not getting "tracked" by the computer.

No, it's an issue I and others are seeing as well.

#57 von_Schmidlak

von_Schmidlak
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:51

I've seen this as well (pics here: click me for other thread)

Also, I noticed Jasta 7 has an Alb DIII (is this accurate? seems early, but I'm not an expert), and two Alb DII lt. thumbnails via the 'Headquarters' tab as of Sept 28 1916 (see attached pic).

**edit: Upon actually transferring into Jasta 7, I found that it only had 9 Fokker E.IIIs; no DIIs or DIIIs to be found.

Attached Files

vS_banner_2015.png

#58 Humpty_Dumpty

Humpty_Dumpty

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:23

Hello everybody! :S!:

I can confirm some of the experience some guys made with the career mode and 1.030. I started a regular Western Front Campaign yesterday with 56 Squadron on March 29, 1918, S.E.5a, Mods on.

Been shot down and killed, but in the records I was still in the air, living and could continue the career. The same when I landed my plane safely and finished the flight. In the records I was still in the air.

Edit: After a fresh recovery today I continued my career. I crashed intentionally with my plane and died. That was now shown correctly in the records. And after a successful mission and safe landing, it's also been recorded correctly. Maybe the new game recovery made it!? :!: :?:

#59 12F_Henri

12F_Henri

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:13

Deathmatch multiplayer :

- in the game, the ships of my old missions do not move since version 1.030.
EDIT : same in solo game and campaign game (mission generated).

Server problems :

- some old missions cause server crashes after a few minutes of the game (with bugs in the game and TODO problems in the server).

I solved this problem by deleting the old file MSNBIN. But the ships remain still…

Roland CIIa picture :

- confusion with Halberstadt CLII

#60 SvenK.

SvenK.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 13:05

-The Roland is assigned a photocamera + bombs on career bombing missions. I presume that is wrong?

#61 LordNeuro_Srb

LordNeuro_Srb
  • LocationNovi Sad/Serbia

Posted 31 March 2013 - 15:57

Just found a few more bugs to add to the list of those found in career mode.

All my active careers with Britian (RNAS 8), France (Escadrille N.26), and Germany (Jasta 11) all of which are in December, 1916. All lone patrols at the end of the day where scrubbed (cancelled) and when I attempted to schedule a new lone patrol in my RNAS 8 career the game put the time at 00:11 inspite of the fact that the already compleated patrols where much later in the day and that the orginal lone patrol which was scrubbed was scheduled for around 17:00 hrs.

Yes i have the same issue last night when i started my carier, the first patrol was around 10:00 , and later two were canceld so i started the lone patrole and it was at 00:10 and it was scary night flyight. But i recived the 4 medals after theat mission.

#62 Zoring

Zoring

Posted 31 March 2013 - 16:27

I just got awarded the Victoria Cross during an incredibly unremarkable career, 1 kill 1 baloon about 30 vehicle/facilites the mission was a factory bombing mission and i got 6 ground targets and bent the prop on landing, don't think it was VC material!

I think some squadrons may be missing skins? RFC7 on the Channel map has a skin in the pack but they just use the default skin. Your plane skin resets to default after every mission too. Jasta 27 also (these are just the ones i am playing)

#63 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 31 March 2013 - 16:35

I think some squadrons may be missing skins? RFC7 on the Channel map has a skin in the pack but they just use the default skin.

Probably just one of the ones I didn't get to - there were so many changes that Luke made with new units this time that I wasn't able to catch them all before time ran out. I'll be verifying all the additional changes over the next few weeks so these should be fixed by the next release, if not before.

#64 Zoring

Zoring

Posted 31 March 2013 - 17:07

Sounds good Panthercules, i thought that might be the case, glad to hear you guys are on the case :)

#65 Mukai

Mukai

Posted 31 March 2013 - 17:09

Yeah I've a small issue with all my campaigns(western front map), when I join a squadron (no matter the time) all the AI pilots have 0 kills and 0 sorties, its like we all joined the squadron at the same time, ,maybe I'm thinking wrong and its always been like that, but I though the pilots had randomized kills/sorties when u join a squadron. As i said not a major issue. The problem I have is where no kills or flight time is being recorded. I shot down a balloon, a plane and landed safely, ended the flight and it said I hadn't shot down anything or that there was a flight time. Currently running mods off.

#66 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 31 March 2013 - 17:20

Yeah I've a small issue with all my campaigns(western front map), when I join a squadron (no matter the time) all the AI pilots have 0 kills and 0 sorties, its like we all joined the squadron at the same time, ,maybe I'm thinking wrong and its always been like that, but I though the pilots had randomized kills/sorties when u join a squadron. As i said not a major issue. The problem I have is where no kills or flight time is being recorded. I shot down a balloon, a plane and landed safely, ended the flight and it said I hadn't shot down anything or that there was a flight time. Currently running mods off.

Yeah - it's always been like that, but many have mentioned before that it would be nice if they could change this so that you joined a squadron that already had something of a history. Another related issue is how time (and the war) seem to stop if you get wounded - when you get back it would be nice if your squadron had continued to function (with simulated missions) in your absence, instead of all taking leave and shutting down operations to stand by your hospital bed until you get better.

#67 Mukai

Mukai

Posted 31 March 2013 - 17:33

Yeah - it's always been like that, but many have mentioned before that it would be nice if they could change this so that you joined a squadron that already had something of a history. Another related issue is how time (and the war) seem to stop if you get wounded - when you get back it would be nice if your squadron had continued to function (with simulated missions) in your absence, instead of all taking leave and shutting down operations to stand by your hospital bed until you get better.

Ah right ok, its been a while since i played Rof and i must have confused Beta career with PWCG. Thanks for clearing that one up any way.

#68 Relix

Relix

Posted 01 April 2013 - 00:50

something is wrong with my Nieuport 11

Attached Files

#69 AzraelMalik

AzraelMalik

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:21

I might be confirming a bug that someone else has already mentioned. I was flying a Belgian career with 5 Esc. I had just completed a mission on Sept 3 1916. I banged up the plane on landing. When I got to the statistics screen, it showed all three planes in the flight were in the air. Only two of them should have registered as still airborne as I had nicely rearranged the lower wings on landing. It didn't register me as landing or crashing.

Also, as an enlisted pilot, should I be able to schedule a lone patrol? I didn't think I was allowed to do that unless I was the squadron commander. At any rate, I was given the option to continue on to hte next day or schedule a lone patrol. This one might be a bug or not. I don't know if that got changed from ver 1.029 to 1.030.

Edit: the above about the Lone Patrol is a bug. I just completed the next day in career. There was only one mission scheduled for the day. I was not on that mission. I clicked Next Mission and then the Next Day button popped up. There was no listing for Schedule Lone Patrol.

#70 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:25

Adding a few screens illustrating error of pilot names of 1ere Escadrile de Chasse and Triplanes flying on German side, in September 1918. Also, something is wrong with Gwylyn Hugh Lewis quote in mission briefing.

Attached Files

• Attached File  rof3.jpg   241.44KB   329 downloads
  • Attached File  rof4.jpg   86.69KB   329 downloads
  • Attached File  rof6.jpg   41.43KB   329 downloads

Forum moderator.

#71 Jorren

Jorren

Posted 01 April 2013 - 19:51

Adding some bug/errors I found in 1.030

1. Probable bug in "Personal Room" window:

section with list of my victories

- Last 8 victories (0 total) > zero victories total ? - shouldn't it be Last 8 victories (8 total) ?
(see screenshot)

Attached File  bug1.jpg   112.48KB   281 downloads

2. "Headquarters" window > Airco D.H.4 unit without name - seen on map as "undefined"
(see screenshot)

Attached File  bug2.jpg   293.38KB   281 downloads

3. "Reports" window > British names (Robert White, Leon Green) in French unit Esc N38 (but maybe they rather fly with the French :D )
(see screenshot)

Attached File  bug3.jpg   149.55KB   281 downloads

Another weird thing on this is that Esc N38 (at La Noblette aerodrome at the time - July 1917) is really very far away from my home aerodrome (Jasta Boelcke at Pronville). So my squadron mates meet in combat a unit which is cca 165 km away and when I am flying a mission I never meet an enemy unit which is a little farther away (55 to 60 km from my aerodrome) than the closest few enemy units which are up to 45 km away?
Shouldn't the operational radius of enemy units be a little wider when I am flying. Because in the generated results of my squadron mates I can see that they have scored kills against these units but I never meet them in combat when I am airborne.

EDIT:

4. I was wounded in combat 2 times and didn't received the wound badge on both occasions. > edit: not a bug as explained by Trupobaw

EDIT2:

5. My fellow flight members keep crashing to the hangars while landing in La Petrie aerodrome (August 1917, Jasta Boelcke)

#72 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:30

4. I was wounded in combat 2 times and didn't received the wound badge on both occasions.

Wound badge is now issued after spring(?) 1918, when the medal was established. Your wounds will be remembered and duly awarded if you live long enough and there are no bugs :) .

Forum moderator.

#73 vonu

vonu

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:18

A couple of things that may be bugs;

Since the update I have lost some keyboard functionality. Specifically, the F1 - F4 view buttons no longer work. Not can I select enemy views. I've also lost the toggle for auto-pilot. These keys are all correctly assigned.

Also, the new aircraft don't appear on the Fly Now list.

Apart from this, many thanks for a really brilliant update. You guys have totally excelled yourselves!

Vonu

#74 Relix

Relix

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:01

Vonu, make sure you have the allow spectators box checked is settings and your F keys will work.
The new aircraft aren't supposed to be in the Fly now list, it's a "feature" not a bug

#75 vonu

vonu

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:02

Many thanks Relix. That did the trick. Pity about the new buses not being in fly now. I find it quite useful for getting to know them before doing anything more strenuous.

#76 Jorren

Jorren

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:32

4. I was wounded in combat 2 times and didn't received the wound badge on both occasions.

Wound badge is now issued after spring 1918, when the medal was established. Your wounds will be remembered and duly awarded if you live long enough and there are no bugs :) .

Oh, I see, thx for the info. I will then send a personal letter to general von Hoeppner so he can give me the award personally, cuz I will be the most successfull Luftstreitkrafte pilot at the time. :lol:

#77 pharmajoe

pharmajoe

Posted 02 April 2013 - 13:50

I have bug in carrier mission with handley 400, bombing mission fail but I get the message "mission success" after destroying the objective.

#78 AzraelMalik

AzraelMalik

Posted 02 April 2013 - 14:53

I came across the "Triplane" bug last night. I was flying a Jasta 8 career and one Sept 7 (or 8th), while flying an offensive patrol mission, I found a flight of 3 Sopwith Tripe's (showing as blue icons) trying to shoot down an RE8. While it was amusing to watch… it was a little disconcerting. I know that at least one (possibly a few others) Sopwith Triplanes were captured by the Germans and used (Kurt Wusthoff of Jasta 4 comes to mind) so it would be entirely outside the realm of possibility.

"Random Thought": Something that would be cool to add…the ability to fly captured planes… I know the engine has a limitation right now for that. I think Luke mentioned that all types that are assigned to a squadron are divided so that there are an equal number of types in the squadron - at least for starting out.

#79 Relix

Relix

Posted 02 April 2013 - 14:58

Many thanks Relix. That did the trick. Pity about the new buses not being in fly now. I find it quite useful for getting to know them before doing anything more strenuous.

Just start a quick mission and skirmish I think and drag the slider to the ground, just don't select an enemy. One of the types of missions will let you start on the ground

#80 Zoring

Zoring

Posted 02 April 2013 - 15:27

The Ground targets on the German side are British and the guys on the British side of the line are German! in the Channel, plus you can't seem to get captured?

Wound badges don't get awarded, but get awarded if your squadron leaves the front and comes back later.

1ere Escadrille de Chasse has no icon, the Belgians seem to fly single N.11 flights quite often, the reinforcements have arrived for Belgium is Russian soldiers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users