- - - - -

Bugs found in 1.030

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#1 Voss

Voss

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:36

I am very impressed by the 1.030 update but I noticed 2 important bugs :

1 ) In a mission when passing through a cloud all the 4 planes from my flight disapeared in the sky ….

2 ) In a career with the Halberstadt on channel map in bebruary 1917 , I started a mission flying an Albatros in my Jasta and my leader was flying an Halberstadt DII. Unfortunatelly he did'nt want to take off and so no planes did take off except myself for the mission….

#2 1PL-Lucas-1Esk

1PL-Lucas-1Esk
  • LocationPoland/Warsaw

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:40

There is a bug in the GB N.17. The ASI indicator should display IAS. So far, it indicates TAS, perhaps calibrated to 4000 meters, just like in the French ASI. But, the British ASI gauges were showing IAS.

1PL-Lucas
CO of 1.Pułk Lotniczy
http://1pl.boo.pl

#3 =AxA=V.Alexx

=AxA=V.Alexx

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:40

Roland C.IIa, valve and spring on the engine always is too low Attached File  1_Untitled.jpg   247.37KB   1838 downloads Attached File  2_Untitled.jpg   56.14KB   1838 downloads

#4 theMoxy

theMoxy

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:47

started a german career…sept. 1st, 1916 - in a dogfight over the front w/some Belgian N11's, a few sopwith tripes came in and helped us! they were our complete allies…several other missions as well, they're friendly to my german squadmates and attack other entente planes along with us. cycling through the 'next friendly' button, they will be included among them. Kind of funny really…

#5 AzraelMalik

AzraelMalik

Posted 28 March 2013 - 13:01

I think I found another bug. I posted about it here:
Possible Glitch with Patch 1.030

I won't repeat everything as it is in the other post, but a quick summary is I suspect there is a small glitch with the deaths and wounding. I have been wounded but my career kept progressing without hospitalization. I had also died but my career kept right on going.

#6 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 28 March 2013 - 13:34

started a german career…sept. 1st, 1916 - in a dogfight over the front w/some Belgian N11's, a few sopwith tripes came in and helped us! they were our complete allies…several other missions as well, they're friendly to my german squadmates and attack other entente planes along with us. cycling through the 'next friendly' button, they will be included among them. Kind of funny really…
Something similar happened to me yesterday, but I thought that it was related to PWCG Beta 2 - now I realize that this may be the game engine's fault.
I started a campaign flying Jasta 2 and Halb DII, and when I hit "start mission", I was put into a Spad XIII.

#7 SquEEEEky

SquEEEEky

Posted 28 March 2013 - 19:42

I keep getting this while doing W12 career missions on the channel map.

#8 thenorm

thenorm

Posted 28 March 2013 - 23:10

I had the same problem in my first W.12 career, SquEEEEky.

#9 10ps

10ps

Posted 28 March 2013 - 23:38

Same here.

#10 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 29 March 2013 - 00:02

Here's a post made in another old thread, that I'm pasting in over here to keep the bug reports together:

Hi,

I dont know if this belongs here, but with the channel map i'm having a graphics problem. When switching views it kinda looks like the ground surface loads to slow. Before the ground textures are loaded you see the water surface. I have my graphics setting showing it's only using 51% memory.

PC config: Intel i7 2600 (3,4)/8 GB/ATI 7850. I guess the PC should be up to the task.

Is anyone having the same problems?

Grtz M

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#11 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 29 March 2013 - 00:04

Here's another post from that old necro-thread:

Hi :S!:

I get a CTD "ROF.exe has stopped working" each and every time i click on the fly button in order to respawn in multiplayer (on every server).

This problem is not happening when i don't use the track IR software (without track IR at all) neither when i leave the server and connect again (doing this each time i crash/die)

error is ROF.exe module msvcr80.dll :0o:

I had this bug before Version 1.019, fixed it by reinstalling stuff like .net framework and directX, clearing track ir drivers and reinstalling, so with ROF… but it CAME BACK with the latest windows update, and Version 1.019 patch didn't fixed it.

Windows7 64bits, I7 930@2.8, Asus P6Tse, 6Gb ram, Radeon 5700 1Gb, track IR 4pro

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#12 Spag

Spag
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 March 2013 - 00:38

Here's a post made in another old thread, that I'm pasting in over here to keep the bug reports together:

Hi,

I dont know if this belongs here, but with the channel map i'm having a graphics problem. When switching views it kinda looks like the ground surface loads to slow. Before the ground textures are loaded you see the water surface. I have my graphics setting showing it's only using 51% memory.

PC config: Intel i7 2600 (3,4)/8 GB/ATI 7850. I guess the PC should be up to the task.

Is anyone having the same problems?

Grtz M

Yep, same thing happened to me, I just thought it was my system.

Cheers,
Spag. :)

Bite off more than you can chew.

Then chew like Hell ! ! !

#13 AzraelMalik

AzraelMalik

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:38

I am also having the slow loading on the ground surface. Mine will occasionally do it right when I start a mission as well as when switching views. Doesn't do it all the time. No issues on the Western Front Map but I did see somewhere that the Channel map is a little more system intensive, but I don't think it is drastically more. My graphics settings are saying 54% usage.

Specs: AMD Phenom II X4 3GHz, Win7 64-bit, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 650GTX 2GB

#14 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:48

Anemometer cups do not spin on the Roland CII when viewed from the gunner seat.

#15 Seraphiel

Seraphiel
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:12

Just pasting what I wrote in another thread that should have been posted in this thread.

I have started a new career on the Channel Map (with Squadron 29 from 1st September 1916) and it seems that the flight time isn't being logged for my pilot. The flight hours are not displayed (or rather - being shown as 00:00:00) on the squadron page or personal room page. Even on the global stats for my pilot, flight time is being displayed as 00:00:00.

I slightly edited my quote above to make it clearer to understand. Further to this I've noticed that after some missions the flight time total for my pilot will increase, but for most missions it will not. So far missions that seem to work fine and calculate your flight time as they should are the alert and lone patrol type missions.

Note: This bug also affects the NPC (AI) pilots so their total flight times are not tallying correctly.

#16 das_bubba

das_bubba

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:40

My server isn't honoring Unlimited Fuel and Ammo in my Dogfight sds file after the update.

Bubba61

#17 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:08

When I've clicked "Fly", over the past 2 release days, and I'm sitting OTF (on the Field), I hear an engine idling but there is no other plane around except for mine.BTW, my engine is off. This happened in the RolandC2 and the HalbD2.

#18 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:33

When I've clicked "Fly", over the past 2 release days, and I'm sitting OTF (on the Field), I hear an engine idling but there is no other plane around except for mine.BTW, my engine is off. This happened in the RolandC2 and the HalbD2.

What kind of mission (QMB, career)?, and where? (Unit, location, etc.)

#19 WhoCares

WhoCares

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:07

Quoting a post of mine from another thread:
Flew some missions for the MFJII on the Channel Map in April 1918, when I crashed with my Pfalz into a Camel, and then died upon impact on the ground. When I quit the mission an looked at the stats and result of the sortie the flight path stopped earlier, the death was not registered and I could have continued.
In an earlier mission I already noticed that in the flight summary the path track ended early and it did not list me as landed despite me parking my plane on the airfield right next to the car…
Sometimes the mission tracking in career seems not to work properly - up to the point that it does not register the pilots death.

Edit: Just happened again 9eme Belgian squad, spun to death in a Camel but it was not registered that way.

#20 Martijnvdm

Martijnvdm

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:47

I am also having the slow loading on the ground surface. Mine will occasionally do it right when I start a mission as well as when switching views. Doesn't do it all the time. No issues on the Western Front Map but I did see somewhere that the Channel map is a little more system intensive, but I don't think it is drastically more. My graphics settings are saying 54% usage.

Specs: AMD Phenom II X4 3GHz, Win7 64-bit, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 650GTX 2GB

It's a little weird because both systems should be up to the task. Even lowering ground, grass, tree detail and view distance don't seem to have an effect on the issue.

I'm wondering how common this issue is.

Grtz M

I7 4790K@4.0, MSI Z97 Gaming 5, Kingston HyperX Beast (t3) 16GB, MSI GTX 980 Gaming, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, Windows 10 64

#21 Feathered_IV

Feathered_IV

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:49

Pitch curves in the Roland do not seem to save, no matter how drastic a change one makes.

#22 hannes

hannes

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:37

I'd like to report a possible bug in the CAM-carreer (Channel-Map):

The touch-down-point seems to be outside the boundaries of St. Pol-Sur-Mer, the whole unit crash-landed into the creek north-east of the aerodrome within two sorties (early September 1916).

By the way, I'm delighted the aircraft of 1916 get more diversified.

#23 LurchiP

LurchiP

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:41

Quoting a post of mine from another thread:
Flew some missions for the MFJII on the Channel Map in April 1918, when I crashed with my Pfalz into a Camel, and then died upon impact on the ground. When I quit the mission an looked at the stats and result of the sortie the flight path stopped earlier, the death was not registered and I could have continued.
In an earlier mission I already noticed that in the flight summary the path track ended early and it did not list me as landed despite me parking my plane on the airfield right next to the car…
Sometimes the mission tracking in career seems not to work properly - up to the point that it does not register the pilots death.

Edit: Just happened again 9eme Belgian squad, spun to death in a Camel but it was not registered that way.

I am having the same issues: Death was not recorded. Flight times are not recorded (happened in older versions - was fixed - now it returned :(). I also cannot find any statistics such as flight times, favourite plane and hit percentage - are they placed somewhere else?

The planes and maps are great but these bugs kill the offline fun for me …

#24 Armincles

Armincles

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:49

I spotted a problem in the mission editor when trying to add AI aircraft, they do not appear in the correct form.

:S!:

#25 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:00

What kind of mission (QMB, career)?, and where? (Unit, location, etc.)

On MP syndicate server. Both north and south airfields.

#26 SvenK.

SvenK.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:06

My Roland CII squad mates all crash into trees on take-off. I'm flying with squadron AFA 235 on November 11, 1916.

Does anyone have a Roland campaign were planes manage to get into the air? That would be much appreciated.

#27 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:11

My Roland CII squad mates all crash into trees on take-off. I'm flying with squadron AFA 235 on November 11, 1916.

Does anyone have a Roland campaign were planes manage to get into the air? That would be much appreciated.

I'm flying the same career only in September, and they're taking off just fine for me.

Are you still at Epinoy airfield?

#28 SvenK.

SvenK.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:20

Oh I forgot to mention the airfield, it's La Petrie.

If I start an earlier career, would I still end up at La Petrie eventually?

#29 AzraelMalik

AzraelMalik

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:21

Glad to see I am not the only one who isn't getting a death recorded!

@WhoCares or LurchiP (since you two are the only other ones to have seen my original issue), have either of you noticed it not recording wounding correctly?

As far as statistics are concerned, I think they reset them and are going to replace them in a few weeks with the "new" scoring system. At least that was my understanding from the latest blog post.

#30 rolikiraly

rolikiraly

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:39

I just tried the game after new update and found that F2, F4 etc. external view commands don't work. I tried it only on the new island map so far but it is probably not map related

#31 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:41

I just tried the game after new update and found that F2, F4 etc. external view commands don't work. I tried it only on the new island map so far but it is probably not map related

Do you have "Allow Spectators" ticked in the options screen? You need to do that to enable external views.

#32 3instein

3instein

Posted 29 March 2013 - 14:31

I tried to start a Breguet 14 B2 career, starting at,
3me Escadrille de Observation, Les Moeres airfield, starting on the 14 April 1918,
I could only click the next mission and the next day button up until 27th April without getting the go ahead for a mission.

Tried again from the 1st May 1918
Same thing until the 3rd May then got the message "can't retrieve calendar information"
Mick. :)

#33 thenorm

thenorm

Posted 29 March 2013 - 18:36

I've also just encountered the no death in career bug with mods on in a Halby D.II career with Jasta 4. Hope this gets fixed. also encountered some jagged forest edges between Corheny and Cuiscard on the German side of the lines during this career. Might be good to check over this section of front.

#34 rolikiraly

rolikiraly

Posted 29 March 2013 - 18:43

Do you have "Allow Spectators" ticked in the options screen? You need to do that to enable external views.

Thanks, sorry it's not a bug.
But it wasn't there before, right?

#35 Kreny

Kreny

Posted 29 March 2013 - 18:51

Thanks, sorry it's not a bug.
But it wasn't there before, right?
nope. I guess these new options are intended for multiplayer servers but for single player, they are not optimal. For example no possibility to show just enemy icons sucks, there is plenty of blue arrows around if you fly in formation

#36 cichlidfan

cichlidfan

Posted 29 March 2013 - 19:31

Somebody needs to pay attention to the fact that MP is not the majority of users.

#37 Jon18

Jon18

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:59

After installing the update, I can no longer change views and am limited to cockpit view only. Has anyone else experienced this?

#38 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:19

After installing the update, I can no longer change views and am limited to cockpit view only. Has anyone else experienced this?

(Sounds like some additional statement about this in the release notes might have been a good idea.)

#39 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:05

There's Schusta 27b in 1917. They fly from totally different airfields.

Otherwise, I've reported the La Petrie issue to the developers.

#40 Seraphiel

Seraphiel
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:54

I've noticed some strange goings on with No.29 Squadron in my career. I first noticed that No.29 Squadron appears on both the Channel and Western Front maps at the same time date-wise. So there are essentially two No.29 Squadrons operating independently of each other at different airfields, one on the Channel map, one on the Western Front map.

I had been hoping that the squadron would transfer from the Channel map to the other once it hit the 24th October 1916, since that was when No.29 Squadron first appears on the Western Front map, but it didn't.

Not only that, but the Channel map version of the squadron ceases to exist from the 11th March 1917 until the 5th July 1917 - it just jumps from March to July and a crossed out hangar icon is on the dates that were skipped over. Is this when the squadron is supposed to transfer somewhere but is not yet implemented in game?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users