Photo
- - - - -

Submerging Sub's in multiplayer ???

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AussiePilot

AussiePilot

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:45

I'm trying to build a mission on the Fantasy Island map where a German sub comes through the Island entrance and submerges to periscope level following various waypoints along the way. It get it do do everything I want except submerge.
Once i place the sub on the water it's Y position equals 0.06

So from what I have read on similar threads i have tried setting the waypoints to Y= -21 and then Y= -5 but neither work. I even downloaded the missions on offer to check my settings to those that supposedly work.

I've seen ships sink in the bay on the island so it can't be a water depth thing.

Anyone have an idea why it's not working?

#2 Tzar

Tzar

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:17

You have to set the next way point negative like you are doing.

I set Y to -100 on my way points.

#3 AussiePilot

AussiePilot

Posted 21 March 2013 - 00:51

Well i have tried everything now and still can't get it to submerge. I tried Y=-100 but still nothing.

Maybe it's map related.

#4 ROSS_DiFiS

ROSS_DiFiS

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:44

Fantasy Island map is old type map like Verden ets.

On the map only fresh water present. And sea level at 0m.
I do not know whether it is possible to place here submarines.

#5 AussiePilot

AussiePilot

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:48

OK DiFis thanks for letting us know, i'll change my plan of attack…:)

#6 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 23 July 2017 - 13:14

I'm trying to build a mission on the Fantasy Island map where a German sub comes through the Island entrance and submerges to periscope level following various waypoints along the way. It get it do do everything I want except submerge.
Once i place the sub on the water it's Y position equals 0.06

So from what I have read on similar threads i have tried setting the waypoints to Y= -21 and then Y= -5 but neither work. I even downloaded the missions on offer to check my settings to those that supposedly work.

I've seen ships sink in the bay on the island so it can't be a water depth thing.

Anyone have an idea why it's not working?

A necro reply is better than nothing: You're not pushing-down hard enough. On the island and lake maps it seems the submarines think they're 500m higher than they actually are, so the workaround is to set y to -520 or less then down they go.

ARTY EFFEM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users