Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

New Wings Servers

• Please log in to reply
1470 replies to this topic

#1441 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 05 March 2018 - 22:23

Forum slander is your speciality Arty, have you banned yourself ?

Anyhow, I think the letters n f and f anywhere in one's name qualifies ?

But don't worry about it, I'm not !

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#1442 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 05 March 2018 - 22:49

<mod hat on>

Arty, Hillbilly, Zooropa, this has nothing to do with New Wings or cases of cheating on New Wings... please end off-topic discussion. 

F@ck you. You were an apologist for the cheating scumbags for years. You can take your pretend moderating status and shove it where the sun don’t shine.

This is just a game you idiot.

Ok guys, I know it's this special time of the year, the emotions are high and some things had to be said, but we can discuss the proven cases of cheating without the profanity (even masked) and personal attacks. It has to end now. 
</mod hat off>

Some may say that was the point at which the game and its owners lost any right to the voluntary protection afforded to it, via the communities' willingness not to publicise details of the exploit.  Obviously nothing should be done to violate the rules of this protectionist forum, however it's not inconceivable that the possibility of such information being divulged elsewhere could incentivise a change of attitude.

It was tried by Gus last April. We got the "change of attitude" - RoF is being ported to BoX, where the bug is fixed. We have also very nasty side effects.

I expect going further that way will give us no more change of attitude, but more nasty side effects.

<mod hat on>

Forum moderator.

Adjutant, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

"The hardest part of my job is being nice to people who think they know how to do my job."

#1443 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • Location· · · · · · · · · · · · RESIGNED 13/6/2018

Posted 05 March 2018 - 23:42

Arty, Hillbilly, Zooropa, this has nothing to do with New Wings or cases of cheating on New Wings... please end off-topic discussion.

I was just about to make that point myself, in the context that once again I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

-

It was tried by Gus last April. We got the "change of attitude" - RoF is being ported to BoX, where the bug is fixed. We have also very nasty side effects.

I doubt very much that one was a consequence of the other, but no matter.

#1444 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 29 March 2018 - 00:41

April 1st is just around the corner.  As we await the imminent return of some of our flyers this is for you.

tumblr_oej397J47J1v4a8wfo1_500.png                                                                          

#1445 JG1_R.Recon_J11

JG1_R.Recon_J11

Posted 29 March 2018 - 00:58

Omg lmao

2r3yseo.jpg

#1446 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 29 March 2018 - 03:17

LOL

#1447 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 15 April 2018 - 06:52

It is with very great sadness that I relate the following information.

One of the earliest members of the New Wings family, Robert (Michael) "ChiefRedCloud" Smith took his "final flight" on April 8, 2018 at the age of 71.

I remember Chief very fondly from my very first days in Rise of Flight and New Wings. He always had a kind word to say to (or about) everyone, and was always a calming voice of reason and wisdom, in the game, in Teamspeak, and in all the forums he participated in. With New Wings, he was the fellow who did much of the graphics work and news postings on our site, and he always enjoyed chatting with community members and posting videos of the various events the community was involved in. 

I had the honor and pleasure of chatting with Chief numerous times over the years, and I honestly cannot think of a kinder, gentler person than he.

He will be very sorely missed at New Wings, and without a doubt, in all of the communities he was a part of. On behalf of myself and New Wings, my sincerest condolences go out to his wife, family, and friends.

Farewell, Godspeed, Fair skies and tail winds, Chief.

Salute,
:icon_e_salute:

PS> Here's a link to the ATAG forum where more details can be read --> ATAG Forum

PPS> Thx to ArthurSmedley for giving me a head's up on the situation -- while very sad, it's also very much appreciated -- Thanks.

#1448 108=REDMAN

108=REDMAN

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:38

SALUTE! Chief
Salute! REDMAN

#1449 Spyboy

Spyboy

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:22

Hi 4Speed.
That's very sad news.
He will be greatly missed by those who knew him.There are some lovely comments on the ATAG Forum testifying to his friendliness, helpfulness and contribution to the Flight Sim Community.
RIP Chief Red Cloud
Salute

#1450 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:50

No.

Chief was one of the best, most level headed and supportive people in flight sim community. Involved without being vocal and self-important.

Forum moderator.

"The hardest part of my job is being nice to people who think they know how to do my job."

#1451 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 15 April 2018 - 13:16

:(

#1452 JG1_R.Recon_J11

JG1_R.Recon_J11

Posted 15 April 2018 - 13:39

Fair winds and following seas, Chief

2r3yseo.jpg

#1453 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 15 April 2018 - 13:41

S!

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#1454 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 16 April 2018 - 16:47

:icon_e_sad:

#1455 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 16 April 2018 - 18:54

I'm very sorry to hear that.

Dann gibt's Heulen und Zähne klammern, für das ganze Lumpenpack.
Dann ist Schluss mit "Tischlein deck' dich", da gibt's "Knüppel aus dem Sack"!

#1456 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 16 April 2018 - 19:25

No.

Chief was one of the best, most level headed and supportive people in flight sim community. Involved without being vocal and self-important.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. I'm very sorry to hear this.

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin 

Untitled.jpg

#1457 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 April 2018 - 23:47

Sorry to hear.

1mUlMuE.png
Hauptmann 
Jagdstaffel 2 "Boelcke"

xfnaaHq.jpg

#1458 oneeyeddog

oneeyeddog

Posted 17 April 2018 - 21:09

Sad news indeed. My condolences to his Family.

#1459 Agent86

Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:28

Chief and I worked together on a few projects. One was the RoF NW Christmas video that he ran every year. We had a blast flying together for that clip. We had some great phone conversations over the years as well. I always considered him  a good friend. He was a kind caring man, and we will sincerely miss him around my house

RIP Big Chief  S!

Sorry About That                                                           

#1460 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:45

Dear Chief.

Sorry to hear you have passed away.

I regret not asking you questions when you offered to answer them.

Thanks, old chap.

*ahem, cough*

This "has seen better days" dented enameled tin mug of slightly petrol tasting brandy is for you.

Stands up and raises mug.

Salute!

Plank.

-

Captured again!

#1461 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 14 May 2018 - 14:07

Was the points value for the train increased?  I got 7 points for it the other day.

#1462 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:28

Nope -- hasn't been changed afaik... 

#1463 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 06 June 2018 - 17:23

Anyone else getting disconnected often from Wargrounds? It's been nasty.

#1464 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 06 June 2018 - 18:49

Anyone else getting disconnected often from Wargrounds? It's been nasty.

I haven't heard any reports of it recently. If you have any details to share on what you're experiencing, I can look into it. I just did a quick in-server check and it isn't showing any problems, and there are currently pilots in WG.

Regards,

#1465 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 06 June 2018 - 19:01

I'm frequently getting disconnected after a while, let's say 20 minutes. Yesterday was worse because after two really quick discos - maybe 10 mins? - the map wouldn't load anymore, just froze there dfiwnloafing, even after deleting the Multiplayer\Dogfight folder, even after rebooting. Had to quit altogether.

#1466 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 06 June 2018 - 21:03

I haven't noticed anything like that. Probably it is on your end....obviously not a volume driven issue.

tumblr_oej397J47J1v4a8wfo1_500.png                                                                          

#1467 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:26

Attached File  keep-calm-it-works-on-my-machine.png   36.78KB   0 downloads

Forum moderator.

#1468 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:47

Just wanted to confirm that. I asked Mitra and he was having problems too, so thought I'd ask. I don't think it is the ISP. Something else is happening.

#1469 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 08 June 2018 - 17:00

Hi Bidu,

In looking at our stats, I don't see any pilots with more than a single disco (so far) this month.  Looking at May's numbers, I do see you and Mitra at the top of the list with 8 each for the month. While that's not excessive, it does seem higher for you two (European customers) than usual.  Again, that might not be too surprising since our server is U.S. based, but it could also be suggestive.  There are several possibilities that could cause that kind of issue, for instance, a problem server between your computer and ours, or other network/internet hiccups.  A few things you can look at:

1> Check your data/multiplayer/dogfight  folder.  If there are a lot of files in there, clean them up by deleting them.  For some reason, when that folder gets too large, it can cause problems for your game. If you play a lot of multiplayer, this step should be done regularly (every few months).

2> Check for connectivity issues (dropped packets, latency, bad connections / intermediate servers, etc.).  In addition to tracert, speedtest, and ping, a good tool for this is WinMTR. 

3> Double check there's nothing wrong with your PC (any "phone-home" malware could be problematic, any unusual system lock-ups, reboots, or overheating could affect networking as well, etc.).

I haven't found any obvious problems on our end, and our ISP hasn't been doing anything unusual that we know about (they usually send out alerts when they are doing maintenance or changes).  As far as I can tell, most of the folks flying on New Wings appear to be trouble free and any connection issues seem to be specific to just a couple of pilots.

Sorry you're having these issues.  Hopefully it winds up being something simple, or temporary.

Regards,

#1470 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 08 June 2018 - 18:07

Thanks, FourSpeed! I will surely follow your advice. I don't suspect malware. I also need to try a direct cable to my router, inconvenient as it may be for me. I have powerline and wifi. And trust neither. But my kid doesn't have any trouble on his laptop, weirdly enough.

#1471 mitragliatore71

mitragliatore71
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:09

Thank you so much for the advice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users