* * * * - 4 votes

New Wings Servers

• Please log in to reply
1486 replies to this topic

#81 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 12 February 2014 - 16:30

Pointing out the flaw in the map is okay,calling people cheats because they fly Entente is like I said JUST REDICKALESS. Knowing the flaw you have two options, 1 defend the factory and bridge better,2 don't fly the map.
"I'm letting you know that it's happening so you can fix it." I have nothing to do with NW,I just don't like to see people calling others cheaters,and to single one person out is just uncalled fore.

I'm not calling him a cheat because he's flying Entente, I'm calling him a cheat because he's exploiting a known flaw in the mission. I expect better from NW moderators, although I'm beginning to wonder why.

BTW, I have a 3rd option, I can behave in the same dickish manner as the people who are exploiting this flaw, which is exactly what I intend to do.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#82 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 12 February 2014 - 16:37

Robin, I will be happy to pass this on to QuQi. Perhaps as you say there is a flaw in the mission. If there is IT needs to be corrected. As for your allegations towards Bill from what your saying, ANYONE who plays Entente is cheating and NOT just Bill.

Now THAT is a pretty broad accusation. But I digress here. We will attempt to solve the problem as you have outlined. But IF you have a specific problem with any of our New Wings staff, I request you either PM me here or better yet over on our New Wings forums.

The 777 forums or the pilots who read them do not deserve to be subjected to this.

Thank you for your submission of a possible problem and your understanding.

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#83 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 12 February 2014 - 17:47

The Channel mission has a flaw that is causing serious problems. When the Entente side knocks out the Central plane factory they can prevent it from being repaired by destroying the bridge that the support crew has to cross. The Entente plane factory, on the other hand, could not be destroyed by a flight of B-52s. If it ever gets destroyed, there is no similar cheat to allow the Central side to stop the support crew from fixing it. Please remove the mission from the rotation until this is fixed.

By the way, the worst offender of this cheat is -NW-WildBill2. It seems to me that NW moderators should not be cheating.

I personally don't fly on Wargrounds much, so I am not very familiar (as yet) with those
maps.

That said, if there is a flaw, or problem, we're certainly not adverse to looking at
it and making adjustments. Perhaps a simple quick fix would be making the bridge
invulnerable, or instantly self-repairing.

If other pilots who have experience with this map would weigh-in with their opinions
and suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate that.

That said, I'm going to address what I think is a far more serious problem, right here,
right now, and once only.

Calling other people cheats is quite simply unacceptable. It stops now.

Dragging your personal mud-slinging against other players, including NW Staff is a low
grade, dickish move, and doing so in a public forum just compounds the lack of class
being shown.

It's rude to us, it's rude to our host Jason and 777, and quite frankly, it's inappropriate
to subject other players to your petty, personal grievances.

New Wings is a private server, staffed by unpaid volunteers. We donate our time and our
efforts because we love the game, and we love having folks come fly with us.

We are extremely willing to be helpful and responsive to player needs when brought
to our attention, and within our schedules and abilities we will do our best to correct
any issues as best we can.

That said, if you do not like New Wings, or its staff, by all means, feel free to play
elsewhere.

If there are problems we can address, or should be aware of, please bring them to our
attention - we'd prefer you do so in our forums (as we see those sooner), but this thread
is also fine for that.

If your purpose is in the form of mud-slinging and pursuing personal vendettas, we'll be
happy to encourage you to play elsewhere with a server-wide ban.

That's the last I'm going to say on that particular subject. I sincerely hope I have made
my position on that matter perfectly clear.

Once again, with the specifics on the Channel Map, BSR has pointed out what he perceives
as an issue and I appreciate that. If folks have opinions on that issue, I'd be pleased
to hear them so I (or another NW staff member) can review it and make adjustments.

Thanks and Regards,

#84 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 12 February 2014 - 17:54

The current moderator behavior on that mission is pretty dickish, so I really don't care what you think of my response.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#85 I_Got_Shot

I_Got_Shot

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:56

I'm calling him a cheat because he is cheating. The Entente side can permanently destroy the factory by destroying a bridge. The Central side does not have the same option. If this was the intended design instead of a mistake, then it's not fair. If it's a flaw in the design, then the guys who are exploiting it are cheating.

What does that have to do with me flying on NW? I could just switch to Entente and join in the cheating/unfair BS. Instead, I'm letting you know that it's happening so you can fix it.

Ok let me make this perfectly clear - I discovered the glitch in the map and I was the one to exploit it and pass the info around. I make absolutely no apologies for it either as denying the enemy an advantage is what it is all about. I will also add that myself and another NW member is in the process of updating this particular map and removing/changing several issues. I have no doubt that this will see yet another series of whinging.
I have two bits of advice - if you don't like the New Wings server feel free to fly elsewhere. If you want to whinge do it on the New Wings page and offer not just a whinge but a suggested course of action to fix or improve the map - better yet get in and help fix the issue.
I would also suggest to those who like nothing more than to whinge about the rotation, that their is absolutely nothing stopping you from getting off your butt and creating your own maps. These could then be added to the server rotation giving more choice.
Unfortunately no matter how a map is constructed it will not please everyone. Please remember that the map is not made for you personally but for all that play.

Kind, respectful and loving regards Shot!

My spelling - your mistake!

#86 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 13 February 2014 - 14:38

That's a nice collection of strawmen you've got there, Shot. I'm not whining, I'm pointing out an unfair flaw in the mission. If you keep taking advantage of that flaw, other people are going to start taking advantage of other flaws in RoF that won't be so easy to stop.

By the way, your "denying the enemy an advantage" line is a laughable load of crap. Many of us fly on both sides. There's no "enemy". We're supposed to be having fun, and using a flaw in the mission to screw over guys that might be flying on your side in the next mission doesn't really seem like a lot of fun to me. Of course, they might decide to start flying on your side in that very same mission. And they might start letting guys on the other side know what you're doing so they can stop you. One of the aircraft in your formation might start popping flares at a really bad time. You know, deny the enemy an advantage…. There are lots of ways to cheat in this game.

Free Plank!

#87 JimTM

JimTM
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 February 2014 - 18:01

Please review item 7 in the forum rules and show some respect for 777 and the other forum members.

Intel i7-3770K 3.50GHz water cooled, ASUS GTX 1080 8GB VRAM, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 7 on SSD, 3x24" monitors (5923x1080 bezel corrected), CH Fighterstick and Quadrant, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, TrackIR 5

#88 I_Got_Shot

I_Got_Shot

Posted 13 February 2014 - 23:20

That's a nice collection of strawmen you've got there, Shot. I'm not whining, I'm pointing out an unfair flaw in the mission. If you keep taking advantage of that flaw, other people are going to start taking advantage of other flaws in RoF that won't be so easy to stop.

By the way, your "denying the enemy an advantage" line is a laughable load of crap. Many of us fly on both sides. There's no "enemy". We're supposed to be having fun, and using a flaw in the mission to screw over guys that might be flying on your side in the next mission doesn't really seem like a lot of fun to me. Of course, they might decide to start flying on your side in that very same mission. And they might start letting guys on the other side know what you're doing so they can stop you. One of the aircraft in your formation might start popping flares at a really bad time. You know, deny the enemy an advantage…. There are lots of ways to cheat in this game.

Well seeing how I am pretty sure I had spoken to you and told you that we were in the process of changing this flaw - your post is a whinge! It is obvious it is just not happening fast enough for you. Like I said feel free to contribute / help fix or build new maps. Please provide me with these supposed flaws that can be exploited - and those who donate their time will fix it.

Shot

#89 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 14 February 2014 - 00:04

The problem isn't that they're not fixing the issue, the problem is that someone who should know better is still bombing the Fing bridge.

Free Plank!

#90 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 14 February 2014 - 00:34

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#91 Demon_

Demon_

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:45

#92 Agent86

Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:08

:roll:

Sorry About That                                                           

#93 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 17 February 2014 - 20:21

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to quickly share some updates occurring on our servers.

Basic Training:

* Due to the recent poll results on our Forum, All machine guns in the obstacle courses
(in both missions) have been removed.

* Some text was corrected that listed incorrect planes in one of the AI circles.

* Text was also corrected for the German Factory (it thought it was French) :)

* The N28 with no ammunition actually has NO ammunition - now.

Wargrounds:

* The statistics parser has been upgraded to the current version (2.0.20). This should
correct Seawolf's issue with newer objects not being counted properly (ie. Strutters)

* The Channel Map mission is currently being tested for a number of changes and once that
is complete and approved it will replace the current Channel Map mission. Some of these are:

- Relocated German Factory and Support Crew
- Recon plane changed to Halberstadt CLII-200
- Attempts to correct the AI Gotha flight behaviour
- Adjusted Allied recon points
- Altered recon subs to avoid spawning multiple ships

Thanks all for bringing any issues / suggestions to our attention.

Regards,
4 :S!:

#94 No.42_Hawg

No.42_Hawg

Posted 17 February 2014 - 20:53

S! Fourspeed and thanks for the update and for all you do to make this server fun for everyone.

One question, was there any attention given to the Allied aircraft factory on the channel map? My understanding was it was a lot more difficult to destroy than the one on the German side.

#95 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 17 February 2014 - 21:57

One question, was there any attention given to the Allied aircraft factory on the channel map? My understanding was it was a lot more difficult to destroy than the one on the German side.

I believe that the cumulative damage needed to destroy the Allied Factory was reduced (I
don't know by how much). While I was directly involved with the Basic Training and stats
parser changes, someone else is working on the Channel Map mission. I just have an email
listing the adjustments from the guys working on that. Sorry I missed it while typing
the update.

Regards,

#96 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 06 March 2014 - 19:47

Some New Updates

Basic Training: Updated maps to version 0.51. This corrected some duplicate airstart choices,
a few typos, and corrected the respawn of the 3 balloons near Ring of Fire (they respawned
under water when destroyed previously).

Wargrounds: Updated Summer Channel map to version 2.1. Thanks -NW-FritzFlipitz! This rolls in
the changes noted in a prior post (#93). Additionally, it is my understanding that training of AI Gotha
pilots has been subpar, leading to massive losses of AI Gotha planes in flight related accidents.
Due to the expense, German High Command has withdrawn those assets in favor of some more
competent 2-seaters… :D

Regards,

#97 ER_Rawlings

ER_Rawlings
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 March 2014 - 17:00

I hope I'm right here.
Here is some bad behavior on the Basic Training Server.
Please do, what to do. :S!:

76561198093584915.png

6309e3edc5.jpg

#98 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:43

ER*T.v.Scherrer We at New Wings do our level best to insure all pilots have a enjoyable atmosphere to fly in. However we only have so many volunteers. With this said, pilots/players can get together and VOTE KICK nearly anyone that is misbehaving. Secondly it is best to go to our forums here —> New Wings Forums And let us know the erroring pilots name, what map, what time it occurred and any details. Then we can see what we can do. IF there is a NW volunteer in one of the servers or on TS, then let them know about the situation.

But the first line of defense from idiocy that some display, is the pilots them selves.

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#99 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:35

Hi All,

A couple New Wings - Wargrounds updates to pass along…

1> The Autumn Reims map was tweaked a little bit (sorry, I was surely told, but can't recall the specifics
(My Bad) on what exactly was changed)…

2> We've added a new mission to Wargrounds! "Attack on Felixstowe", created by NW-FritzFlipitz, has been
added to the normal rotation. Unsurprisingly, it takes place on the Channel Map. :D Given that there are
*still* folks who don't have that map yet, the new map toggles in the rotation with our other Channel Map
mission.

If you have any feedback on these changes, please don't hesitate to share it with us!

Regards,

PS (777)> If it could be arranged, we'd appreciate having this thread made a sticky to provide a liason
for players flying on New Wings (who check here rather than on our forums) for news. TiA!

#100 GeorgeBoles

GeorgeBoles

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:00

Well, I fly from Australia, and the New Wings servers are the only ones with Yellow quality pings. All of the rest are brown, so I thank you for putting them up there.

My only disappointment is, because I am used to maps showing me where I am (with a little icon) and where the geometric centre of all of the aircraft is (as, dare I say it, on Red Baron we used to be able to do), I spend 10 - 15 minutes flying to an enemy area, not finding any other aircraft, and then spending the next 30 - 40 minutes fruitlessly looking for Reims or somewhere so that I can find a landing field.

I presume that you disable any non-active landing fields. I think I see them as shadows of buildings.

So I go back to Single Player to find some other pretty aircraft to fly with or shoot at.

But, I guess I will learn my way around.

But these are comments, and really especially THANKS for providing the servers you have.

Salute and regards,
George

#101 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:47

Well, I fly from Australia, and the New Wings servers are the only ones with Yellow quality pings. All of the rest are brown, so I thank you for putting them up there.

My only disappointment is, because I am used to maps showing me where I am (with a little icon) and where the geometric centre of all of the aircraft is (as, dare I say it, on Red Baron we used to be able to do), I spend 10 - 15 minutes flying to an enemy area, not finding any other aircraft, and then spending the next 30 - 40 minutes fruitlessly looking for Reims or somewhere so that I can find a landing field.

I presume that you disable any non-active landing fields. I think I see them as shadows of buildings.

So I go back to Single Player to find some other pretty aircraft to fly with or shoot at.

But, I guess I will learn my way around.

But these are comments, and really especially THANKS for providing the servers you have.

Salute and regards,
George

Hi George,

I presume you were flying on Wargrounds. That is our expert settings server, where pilots are expected
to manage their own aircraft systems, navigate using purely visual references, and see (or not see) and
identify enemy aircraft, just as they had to do in the actual war.

It's generally not the server we recommend beginners to start on.

In our Basic Training, and Battlegrounds servers, your map location, aircraft icons, automatic system
management are all available. Additionally, in Basic Training, there are often folks flying in there
who can answer questions and help you learn and improve your flying.

That said, I'm glad you're enjoying our servers, and I'm certain you'll get better with continued
time and practice in the skies.

Regards,

#102 GeorgeBoles

GeorgeBoles

Posted 21 April 2014 - 18:02

Thanks Fourspeed.

Well, I just go where the human pilots are! And if that be a full realism server, that is where I must go, so I do.

UTC +10 and all.

Regards,
George

#103 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 21 April 2014 - 18:17

Yes, they do an excellent job. But from my experience the ping does not affect much, other than the impossible hits you get, since you see a delayed action (fractions of a second). But what gives lag and stuttering is the internet connection. You can have a ping of 350 and a good internet connection that you will have a smooth experience and no jumping and warping around.

Before I had a 10MB connection and it was sort of poor for ROF. Then I upgraded it to 30MB (mostly because of the work I do) and now I play in all the servers with no lag and no stuttering. Just during peak hours in Brazil traffic that I sometimes have some warping issues. But it is rare. Other than that it plays fine.

You can also check your connection in this site: http://www.speedtest.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.speedtest.net/ You can change the servers to see how your connection fares in Europe or the US. Mine for example sometimes drops from 30MB in Brazil to 4 or 5 in Europe. US speeds are better for me.

Upload speed is also important, and mine is 2MB (sort of low). But I always get around 1.5 or 2MB abroad.

I might have said something wrong, but this is what I have experienced and learned so far.
"There will be honor enough for us all."

#104 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 24 April 2014 - 18:29

-NW-FritzFlipitz wrote:
Hello All,

A few notes about the new maps

Attack on Felixstowe - Major Update coming.

During testing we missed a MAJOR FEATURE, Germans do not get credit when landing at the ditching field and that needs to change ASAP. (Damn my Alpha testers)

A few text corrections, and the sub mission after you complete the recon (sub maybe invulnerable atm) cannot be destroyed, the message time will also be extended.

Please feel free to share any suggestions you have about the maps.

-NW-Fritz_Flipitz

I've rolled this update into the WG rotation last night.

As a new map, there's likely to be some teething troubles. Fritz is committed to
getting those fixed quickly and fairly.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback and appreciate both your patience, and your
flying with us.

Regards,

#105 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 24 April 2014 - 22:51

S!

Attack on Felixstowe is an interesting concept an new way to use the Channel map.

Some comments:

1. The air start for the Central scouts is at 35 meters. Not exactly a usual height for an air start. While 35 meters keeps them low and dissipates any perceived advantage gained by an air start versus a ground start, it is a bit low and unexpected. Might 50 meters be acceptable, thus giving the pilot some time and altitude to acclimate himself to the situation?

2. While I have landed a Gotha on the island and lived, it looked more like something from a video by Dr. Zebra. It looks like the field at Beaumont is not in use. Could that field be used for the German landing area? At least it is flat or almost flat.

3. Could the counters on the factories be lowered by about a third, to make them a more achievable goal? Killing 12 factories in one group is probably a 2 hour task in itself for 4 or 5 players. 8 on the large one and 7 on the small one might work out a little better.

Just some thoughts.

sig9.png

#106 GeorgeBoles

GeorgeBoles

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:41

Good Afternoon All,

If I am flying around and I see a patch of grass which looks like a landing field - but it has only shadows of buildings on the patch, rather than buildings proper - is that a disabled landing field on these maps?

Is my pilot dead, or shot down or just MIA if I land there in one piece?

Regards,
George.

On ANZAC Day remembering those who fought for our country and our freedom,
I salute them all.

#107 Tzar

Tzar

Posted 25 April 2014 - 20:46

A quick note or two on the New Channel Map - Attack on Felixstowe

My intention was to make a fictional attack on Felixstowe out of an historical event, the attack on Felixstowe. The attack was to be a Bombing heavy mission with AI elements that need protection to complete the mission.

I had never intend Attack on Felixstowe to be a invasion mission, but the 1st mission in a series of invade England Missions.

The biggest problem we had was that there are no airfields that can be placed on the water that would allow you to land properly. So the ditching field was created to give the Central side a place to land. While it's not the normal landing field your used to, it was tested and we were able to land (watch out for the bumps). "Insert Mistake here" In our testing we just Um, forgot to give the airfield a fake field so Central was not getting credit. (you will now)

I've also added an actual Central Airfield, and made a few major changes to the map layout because of it.

S!

Attack on Felixstowe is an interesting concept an new way to use the Channel map.

Some comments:

1. The air start for the Central scouts is at 35 meters. Not exactly a usual height for an air start. While 35 meters keeps them low and dissipates any perceived advantage gained by an air start versus a ground start, it is a bit low and unexpected. Might 50 meters be acceptable, thus giving the pilot some time and altitude to acclimate himself to the situation?

A1. When you take off immediately look 180% behind you. I hope you like the view. Your taking off from a seaplane tender, or the best facsimile of a tender, I could make for you. The tender would hoist your plane out of the hanger and place you on the water. So I thought low air start, just an attempt at immersing you in to the period I guess.

2. While I have landed a Gotha on the island and lived, it looked more like something from a video by Dr. Zebra. It looks like the field at Beaumont is not in use. Could that field be used for the German landing area? At least it is flat or almost flat.

A2. Yeah that was our experiences to ;). I was not able to get "Jason" to hear me as to the importance of adding a "Stand Alone Airfield that would help make the channel map more multiplayer friendly, and give us a little bit of flexibility in creating new maps.

So after many, many failed attempts at creating a landing strip on the water I made the ditching field. A few people have voiced their concerns and I've heard you, and made some changes. Let me know…

3. Could the counters on the factories be lowered by about a third, to make them a more achievable goal? Killing 12 factories in one group is probably a 2 hour task in itself for 4 or 5 players. 8 on the large one and 7 on the small one might work out a little better.

Just some thoughts. JG1_Butzzell,

A3. I'd like to give the map some more exposure before I make those kinda of changes. I know about the problems with the previous channel map, and factory points (yes they were changed a few weeks back in case anyone missed the notes). But the damage is not set high, it just requires you to do more then the one run then everyone might be used to, on either of the bombing targets. We found that two or three flights of hitting the right targets were able to accomplish the goal. But I will be paying attention to the matter as I had some of the same concerns in testing but it was proved doable.

Thanks for the post, Butzzell.

Well that's all for now on the channel map if I missed anything feel free to PM or post be happy to help.

-NW- Fritz

#108 Tzar

Tzar

Posted 25 April 2014 - 20:55

GeorgeBoles wrote:

Hello George,

Even if the airfield is not there you can land there and get credit for landing safely.
But if your plane is a "limited" plane like a recon plane or a limited spawn plane, you really want to land at one of the active airfields to put the plane back in the rotation upon exiting the plane.

Hope that helps.

-NW- Fritz

#109 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:09

We've added a new mission to Wargrounds! "Attack on Felixstowe", created by NW-FritzFlipitz, has been added to the normal rotation. Unsurprisingly, it takes place on the Channel Map. :D Given that there are *still* folks who don't have that map yet, the new map toggles in the rotation with our other Channel Map mission.

Taking advantage of the sale, maybe the community could help those who do not have the channel map to play multiplayer. I would volunteer to provide a couple gift codes and people could give their names so that other players can help if they want. I say this only for multiplayer, since the lack of players with this particular map hurt the rotation list. People can gift to the single players in the gift registry, as usual.

I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but the multiplayer community could help each other to have the same numbers in the Channel map as we usually do in the others. We could create a topic, I am not sure. What do you guys think? Or leave it all together at the gift registry?

#110 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:58

I will provide a few Giftcodes for the map also to help increasing the players on this map because it's a shame that this map is almost empty whenever it comes up.

Dann gibt's Heulen und Zähne klammern, für das ganze Lumpenpack.
Dann ist Schluss mit "Tischlein deck' dich", da gibt's "Knüppel aus dem Sack"!

#111 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 26 April 2014 - 17:16

I will provide a few Giftcodes for the map also to help increasing the players on this map because it's a shame that this map is almost empty whenever it comes up.

Thanks, Pirato. I guess I'll start a topic. If you or anyone have any suggestions you can post there.

#112 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 26 April 2014 - 19:26

We've added a new mission to Wargrounds! "Attack on Felixstowe", created by NW-FritzFlipitz, has been added to the normal rotation. Unsurprisingly, it takes place on the Channel Map. :D Given that there are *still* folks who don't have that map yet, the new map toggles in the rotation with our other Channel Map mission.

Taking advantage of the sale, maybe the community could help those who do not have the channel map to play multiplayer. I would volunteer to provide a couple gift codes and people could give their names so that other players can help if they want. I say this only for multiplayer, since the lack of players with this particular map hurt the rotation list. People can gift to the single players in the gift registry, as usual.

I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but the multiplayer community could help each other to have the same numbers in the Channel map as we usually do in the others. We could create a topic, I am not sure. What do you guys think? Or leave it all together at the gift registry?

I like the idea, Seawolf. I think we could find a couple Channel Map codes here at New Wings to pass
along as a bit of a promotion for Fritz's new map – I'll chat with a few folks and see what can be done.

(I'll post any updates on that in your newly created thread).

Cheers,

#113 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 26 April 2014 - 20:14

I like the idea, Seawolf. I think we could find a couple Channel Map codes here at New Wings to pass
along as a bit of a promotion for Fritz's new map – I'll chat with a few folks and see what can be done.

(I'll post any updates on that in your newly created thread).

Cheers,

That would be nice FourSpeed!

#114 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 27 April 2014 - 21:39

-NW-FritzFlipitz wrote:
Hello All,

A few notes about the new maps

Attack on Felixstowe - Major Update coming.

During testing we missed a MAJOR FEATURE, Germans do not get credit when landing at the ditching field and that needs to change ASAP. (Damn my Alpha testers)

A few text corrections, and the sub mission after you complete the recon (sub maybe invulnerable atm) cannot be destroyed, the message time will also be extended.

Please feel free to share any suggestions you have about the maps.

-NW-Fritz_Flipitz

I've rolled this update into the WG rotation last night.

As a new map, there's likely to be some teething troubles. Fritz is committed to
getting those fixed quickly and fairly.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback and appreciate both your patience, and your
flying with us.

Regards,

Hi all,

As a follow-up to this post, I've added this map into the rotation of our Novice Battlegrounds server.

The reason for this is to allow players opportunity to preview the map, familiarize themselves with the
objectives, and have some fun with it in a way that won't mess up their Wargrounds stats.

We'd love to have some folks flying it, and as always, we welcome your constructive feedback and suggestions.

Thanks,

#115 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 08 May 2014 - 22:26

I think this will be a fun map to fly if there is more than 2 players like last night, different any way and love the new look picking the planes on the map. hope this brings more pilots to battlegrounds. Keep up the good work men. over and out. Graham

#116 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 09 May 2014 - 20:47

New Wings still has a couple Channel Map codes to give away to folks that are
looking to do some flying on that map.

Regards,

#117 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:42

We're currently having an outage on the New Wings server that we're looking into.

Hopefully, it will be brief and we'll be able to get it back up shortly.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

Regards,

#118 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:53

We're currently having an outage on the New Wings server that we're looking into.

Hopefully, it will be brief and we'll be able to get it back up shortly.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Thanks, FourSpeed, I was wondering why the server wasn't up :S!:

#119 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:54

Everything is back up again - thanks for your patience, folks!

Regards,

#120 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:06

Special Announcement!!!

Coming to a New Wings server near you, IT'S …

<cue Monty Python theme music – followed by some muffled thumping and choking sounds in the background>

Ahhhh, it seems I'm not supposed to say anything about that just yet…

Check back in here in a few days (I think the censor is going on vacation) :D

Cheers,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)