Posted 26 September 2017 - 18:21

I say free Plank, BUT he has to become a J5. :icon_lol:

They would just use him as bait.

#1082 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationVelikiye Luki

Posted 26 September 2017 - 22:22

Klugermann already has that job.  My old job however, Staffel Shoe Polisher, is available.  I must caution applicants though, because during the interview they will be required to demonstrate that they knows S**t from Shinola.  

#1083 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNooooooooo Zeeeeeeeeeeeland.

Posted 26 September 2017 - 23:55

I am free.

I won't join Central.

and the only thing I like polishing is my glass of brandy and the large comfy chair by the fire and my .455 Webley.

( I will awake to find myself roaring along at tree top height in my N28 dodging flack fences trying to light a cigarette ...)

S! P.

The various nationalities that draw together as one is my thing. We are all. ( I was drunk when I came up with this...)  Salute!

#1084 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:45

Wargrounds will probably have fewer than 1000 flight hours this month.  At this point Plank's ranting will only be annoying the AI.  

Free Plank!

Free Plank!

#1085 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:35

Plank is some top notch bait out there Crow, Put him on the hook and watch the bugger squirm. Shinny things always works well. Try it.

#1086 Plank

Plank

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:40

Wow the whole gang is almost here, it's like old times! 

Insert :popcorn: 

Then some one accidentally on purpose throws a bun and the whole place goes bonkers. 

BSR: You old stick in the mud you. Will you ever change? Do old sticks learn new tricks? 
All this a more in the following episodic bun fight! 

STOP TRYING TO INFLAME PASSIONS IN THIS THREAD!  oooh he threw a bun! 

"Cut that nonsense out right now!" * shrill squeaking * 

sfx: Sound of siege machines being rolled into position. 

"OK Men we lob the ROF memes over the wall and then we run away, got it? Good"

"Fire!" * boing! *

sfx: Sound of Camel top speed meme flying through the air over the forum wall.

"Right men run for it!" *sound of tramping feet.*

I say is that Camel meme flying a little too fast or a little too slow? I have lost all critical perspective! 

Suddenly out of nowhere a Mitsubishi A6M dives on the still flying Camel meme and shoots it to pieces! Oh no! the Battle of the Pacific is attacking us! BOTP.  Heck! 

Etc etc. 

The AI said they were quiet happy to listen to my twaddle as no one ever mentions them in dispatches or salutes them. Except for me. and I usually say something about how brave they are etc. ( It is a shame they can't TURN properly. then they really would be a problem...sigh.) 

Oh yes, sorry got carried away. Sherry? We have run out of Brandy temporarily. 

And if Mr Age has made it down here then that is a few more seconds off the old clock, old chap.  

Sorry about that! *sound of fencing foils clashing...*

BANG!  * Rattus rattus!, curl up and dieth! *

Damn rats in the dugout.... must get a .22 this cannon is too loud! what?

Shelling has stopped! Anyone for tennis? 

Salute! 

Plank. ( Pin straightener, crank puller and water bowser attendant.) 

The various nationalities that draw together as one is my thing. We are all. ( I was drunk when I came up with this...)  Salute!

#1087 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:03

Plank is some top notch bait out there Crow, Put him on the hook and watch the bugger squirm. Shinny things always works well. Try it.

Sorry, but I prefer noodling on wargrounds :icon_cool:

#1088 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 27 September 2017 - 15:58

Dear NW,

Can you unban me.

Please.

and thanks.

Plank. ( Stirling chap in a tight squeeze, devil may care chariot driver and toothpaste sales representative. )

That ship has already sailed...

#1089 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 27 September 2017 - 19:46

So Plank is illegal bait? damn caught so many big fish with him too. 

#1090 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:31

Klugermann already has that job.  My old job however, Staffel Shoe Polisher, is available.  I must caution applicants though, because during the interview they will be required to demonstrate that they knows S**t from Shinola.  

Well you might need to change the way you rig your bait, because I was able to rob him off the hook without getting caught on Sunday... :icon_lol:

#1091 Plank

Plank

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:29

"That ship has already sailed... "

So your saying that is a "NO". ( You won't unban me.)

S! P.

#1092 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationVelikiye Luki

Posted 28 September 2017 - 17:59

Bon Voyage and Godspeed, Fourspeed!

skipcapt.jpg

#1093 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 28 September 2017 - 18:28

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful trip
That started off from Pomacle
Aboard this tiny ship.

BraveSirRobin was a mighty flying man,
Ice Age brave and sure.
Five pilots set off from Wargrounds that day
For a two hour tour, a two hour tour.

The weather started getting rough

The tiny ship was tossed, if not for the courage of the fearless crew

The minions would be lost... the minions would be lost.

The ship set ground on the shore again... of Wings of Liberty

With Klugermann

And Krusty too,

Capt Teddy Bear and Ice,

A movie star, I Fly Central  and Hans Blitz....  here on Sturmovik Isle

#1094 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 28 September 2017 - 19:03

So is there going to be a part on WG tonight like last thur's, I missed it last thursday. Think there might be a bunch of GT on WG tonight.

#1095 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann

Posted 28 September 2017 - 19:25

So is there going to be a part on WG tonight like last thur's, I missed it last thursday. Think there might be a bunch of GT on WG tonight.

Yum yum..eat 'em up

#1096 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann

Posted 28 September 2017 - 20:40

Plank, on 26 Sept 2017 - 05:33, said:snapback.png

Dear NW,

Can you unban me.

Please.

and thanks.

Manson probably has a better chance for Parole.   I hear OJ may be getting out by Sunday.....just in time for Vintage

#1097 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 28 September 2017 - 23:23

Hi Guys,

This is one of those perennial questions / complaints - Flak or No Flak.  It's a No-Win scenario.

If we remove flak, folks chew us out for lacking realism, and supporting more of an Air Quake approach. 

If we keep flak, folks chew us out for its really dumb AI (not our fault ;)), and complain about getting killed by it or, for the statwh*res, complain that it steals their kills.

Either way, we get chewed out about it, so it's not one of those changes we get real excited / motivated about doing -- *we* get flak (whether it's in the missions or not)  :P  That inclines us to leave missions as they are -- some missions have flak fences, some don't.

We are tossing around various different map ideas (internally) to help with the reduced MP player numbers RoF is contending with these days. I'm sure the question of flak will inevitably come up in those discussions as well, along with map sizes, plane sets, recon "perks", possible (variable?) AI, etc.

That said, I don't have an ETA on any of that at the moment.

Currently, we also have a little problem with our website, so that's going to have to take precedence for the near term.

Regards,

4 :icon_e_salute:

Four, I'd say you did *try* the flak , for "more realistic, less Air Quake" approach, and can now say it did not work as intended :). You can turn it off already and tell the naysayers "No, we did that already".

I was pretty enthusiastic about flakwall driving the fliers over 2k and getting rid of AQ when these maps were being tested... but the old maps do get more people and more enthusiasm. After a year. I don't think I can name anyone who likes the new maps better.

As of scaling maps down, I'm seeing Syndicate maps on Cubans server (on week days) that might make good starting point. I'll get to you with it.

Forum moderator.

Adjutant, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

"The only thing "full real" around here is the drama. So play in whichever way keeps you online for us to shoot at."(Hrafn_Kolbrandr)

#1098 Plank

Plank

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:38

Oh for heavens sake.

Move on Fourspeed.

I did say some things in the past granted,check, I got crabby etc BUT I also tried very hard to be friendly and a sport to other players.

Unlike some people who would religiously gang up on other players. ( but this is totally ok. Even with TS which is not period...)

Did I swap sides to even up the game. Yes.

Did I salute people when shot down by them. Yes. ( 99% of the time at least. )

Did I always take the D7f when on the map. No.

Did I take the piss out of other players who either did not speak English or had low stats. No. 

Did I try to make the game an enjoyable experience for the other payer who was on? Yes.

( No I did not just keep killing them till they left the server, in fact sometimes we just had fun doing stunts.)

Etc etc.

As for your bluster, heck. I know it's your server.

But you only seem to look at the bad things and never the good.

Damn the chat logs. If you are only looking for bad things then go figure.

Of course for some people here it is hard to imagine that I might actually do any good.

( they will probably chime in with their usual BS)

At the end of the day it's your call. Excellent. Good.

I don't mind playing without TS and I don't mind loan wolfing it, and dying a lot. That's fine.

How many times have I gone out of my way to be supportive of other players on WG?

Well only they know.

But I have a pretty good idea you know how many times I used naughty words or took the piss out of the "heros of RoF".

Great.

When you look at your empty WG server,  actually that's not the whole truth. It's actually -1.

I'm just saying.

I did try TS but I listened to a very boring conversation between your fine self and I got shot.

something to do with shooting people. I turned off my mic and then slipped out. It was not for me.

Never mind.

Ever heard of seeding? I did quite a lot of that for your server. You might not have bothered to notice.

and the loudest complainers where are they now? Funny that. All mouth then leg it.

My silly rally cry:

N I E U P O R T ! ! ! !

Salute New Wings!

Planky.

#1099 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:58

I remember when I was a multiplayer newbie Plank and I tried to dual on the Carpathian map and we kept getting blown out of the sky by flak. :icon_lol: Those were the days of innocence when I believed in chivalry in multiplayer; what a monster I have become preferring to stab people in the back and dive away... :icon_e_salute: to you Plank.

#1100 LEON_CZ

LEON_CZ
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:01

Four, I'd say you did *try* the flak , for "more realistic, less Air Quake" approach, and can now say it did not work as intended :). You can turn it off already and tell the naysayers "No, we did that already".

I was pretty enthusiastic about flakwall driving the fliers over 2k and getting rid of AQ when these maps were being tested... but the old maps do get more people and more enthusiasm. After a year. I don't think I can name anyone who likes the new maps better.

As of scaling maps down, I'm seeing Syndicate maps on Cubans server (on week days) that might make good starting point. I'll get to you with it.

Realistic flak are not the reason why people leave ROF. People go to other simulators. Each of you knows people from your neighborhood who have gone to BOS or DCS ...

FCU.png

#1101 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann

Posted 29 September 2017 - 13:21

Oh for heavens sake.

Move on Fourspeed.

I did say some things in the past granted,check, I got crabby etc BUT I also tried very hard to be friendly and a sport to other players.

Unlike some people who would religiously gang up on other players. ( but this is totally ok. Even with TS which is not period...)

Did I swap sides to even up the game. Yes.

Did I salute people when shot down by them. Yes. ( 99% of the time at least. )

Did I always take the D7f when on the map. No.

Did I take the piss out of other players who either did not speak English or had low stats. No. 

Did I try to make the game an enjoyable experience for the other payer who was on? Yes.

( No I did not just keep killing them till they left the server, in fact sometimes we just had fun doing stunts.)

Etc etc.

As for your bluster, heck. I know it's your server.

Last line in the quote says it all. Move on and seed Cubans server.

#1102 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 29 September 2017 - 16:06

Oh for heavens sake.

Move on Fourspeed.

I "moved on" 5 minutes after setting the appropriate ban -- it's you who needs to move on.

#1103 arthursmedley

arthursmedley

Posted 29 September 2017 - 18:42

My silly rally cry:

N I E U P O R T ! ! ! !

Salute New Wings!

Planky.

Plank m8; remarkably, I find I have your final moments on New Wings. :icon_e_biggrin:

In view of FourSpeed's comments you might find this.....cathartic?

#1104 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationVelikiye Luki

Posted 29 September 2017 - 18:43

On the positive side Plank, being the touchy/feely guy that Fourspeed is known to be, I'm sure in those 5 minutes it took him to move on he was absolutely devastated by self-loathing and doubt.

#1105 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationVelikiye Luki

Posted 29 September 2017 - 19:05

If my Mandarin is correct, I think that translates to "Man with boiling loins must learn moderation"

#1106 arthursmedley

arthursmedley

Posted 29 September 2017 - 19:30

If my Mandarin is correct, I think that translates to "Man with boiling loins must learn moderation"

Strange, my Mandarin-Esperanto phrase book gives it as  "the cheque is in the post, 'Four"

#1107 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 29 September 2017 - 19:44

Strange, my Mandarin-Esperanto phrase book gives it as  "the cheque is in the post, 'Four"

My Cylon interpreter shows: "I'll start my own server, you see if I don't."

ARTY EFFEM

#1108 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 30 September 2017 - 22:34

Lots of off-topic removed. 

My Cylon interpreter shows: "I'll start my own server, you see if I don't."

To explain the inside "joke", for last two weeks I was recovering from severe burns to underbelly/loins area (caused by boiling water), and kept forum moderation to minimum (having trouble sitting and all that). As can be seen by state of this thread.

I can't say I'm amused, or in mood for people trying to see how much can they fool around without provoking moderator action - be it BoS pushing, jokes about my injury or old off-topic. Hopefully I'll make recovery before the bans wear off.

Forum moderator.

Adjutant, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

"The only thing "full real" around here is the drama. So play in whichever way keeps you online for us to shoot at."(Hrafn_Kolbrandr)

#1109 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 30 September 2017 - 23:45

Dont see what I said about new wings was off topic.

#1110 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 05 October 2017 - 23:07

"The Lord created people different, and Colonel Colt made them equal." So flac equates the chances of experienced and newcomers to RoF

#1111 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:44

Could the SPAD 7 180hp be added to the Reims mid planes map?  It entered service well before the DR1 which is present on that map.  Currently only the 150hp is available on that map.

#1112 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 18 October 2017 - 16:49

Could the SPAD 7 180hp be added to the Reims mid planes map?  It entered service well before the DR1 which is present on that map.  Currently only the 150hp is available on that map.

I'll give it some thought and see what can be done.

Regards,

:icon_e_salute:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users