* * * * - 4 votes

New Wings Servers

• Please log in to reply
1486 replies to this topic

#41 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 12 September 2013 - 13:38

I'll check on this personally and also check in with QuQi on it. You can also better contact him by posting in our Fourms if you would like —> New Wings Forums

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#42 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 12 September 2013 - 13:48

I'll check on this personally and also check in with QuQi on it. You can also better contact him by posting in our Fourms if you would like —> New Wings Forums

Great, thanks a lot. I'll post later. I also flew today and only saw ambient flak over the lines, except at the airfields.

Cheers,
"There will be honor enough for us all."

#43 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 16 September 2013 - 00:38

Looks like all of your servers just crashed.

#44 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:35

they are now back up

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#45 AdolfStalin

AdolfStalin

Posted 17 September 2013 - 15:59

Hello,
remove sreen after mission, very high risk of down

#46 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud

Posted 18 September 2013 - 18:05

Hello,
remove sreen after mission, very high risk of down

Do you mean High Risk of Crashing? Unless you know you've landed I would hit auto pilot (Shift+A) and take a small break. Even without our exit screen, times up.

G5fCmYF.png

#47 AdolfStalin

AdolfStalin

Posted 24 October 2013 - 23:00

#48 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 19 December 2013 - 20:41

Hi, guys, I have a suggestion to make. The mission in Reims, autumn, is totally unbalanced in my opinion. The Entente side has only one gunned planes and old ones, but the German side has mostly two gunners and the Pfalzicopter, which has two guns, never stalls, hovers like a hummingbird, climbs like a monkey and is dominating the scene, like a mini Camel.

It sounds like a 1917 plane flying against a lineup of early 1916 planes.

I don't know what could be done, because even if someone says that the Pfalz faced the early Nieports and Tripe, and the Pfalz FM was more realistic, will stall characteristics and all, we could have a chance to survive in an early Nieuport or a Tripe, but they not only cut through the entente line but there are a lot of aces flying them, or squadrons. It has become pretty much target practice and I have seen double the numbers flying German.

I am not saying that because I like to fly the Tripe and I am getting mauled, but because the Pfalz it is indeed a strange bird in ROF. For example, I like to fly the N11 at the Verdun mission and I have a blast, with gun jams, reloading times and all, getting kicked by the Halb of mauled by a scourge of Albatroses, but it sounds right. And I have my moments too. But the Reims mission is kind of bugging me, and it is a recurrent mission.

Maybe freed the Pfalz only after the recon missions or add the Pup in limited numbers? I never flown it, but I have the idea that people considered it like the Pfalz, but was the Pup sacked because of FM problems and critics? I never saw it again on Wargrounds.

Well, this is what I am feeling about Reims. I feel the Pfalz totally out of place; a plane with superpowers. It is becoming totally arcadish and people don't even care anymore about objectives.

#49 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 19 December 2013 - 20:44

They had the Pfalz in there because the Entente had the Pup. When the Pup was removed they left the Pfalz in the mission. It should also have been removed.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#50 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 19 December 2013 - 20:51

They had the Pfalz in there because the Entente had the Pup. When the Pup was removed they left the Pfalz in the mission. It should also have been removed.

Oh, ok. Thanks for the context.

#51 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 19 December 2013 - 20:56

There's the rub: adding in one silly plane to counter another just makes multiplayer even sillier.

#52 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 19 December 2013 - 21:17

But your constant complaining has helped to fix it all! Oh, wait…

Free Plank!

#53 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 19 December 2013 - 22:13

But is there any willingness of taking the Pfalz away, since it is not supposed to be there, or we just have to cope with it?

#54 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 19 December 2013 - 22:19

Your best option until they (hopefully) fix it is to do the recons and get Spad 180s.

Free Plank!

#55 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 19 December 2013 - 22:33

Your best option until they (hopefully) fix it is to do the recons and get Spad 180s.

Yes, I guess it is time to learn to fly the Spad :S!:

#56 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 19 December 2013 - 22:42

and buy the weapon mod so you can have the 777-special-low-drag Lewis gun that was rarely used in combat.

#57 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 19 December 2013 - 22:58

and buy the weapon mod so you can have the 777-special-low-drag Lewis gun that was rarely used in combat.

I rarely use the weapon mods in scouts for that reason. Maybe in a coop mission or in a squad they have some use, or at Flying Circus, but not in a solo flight. At least not for me.

#58 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud

Posted 20 December 2013 - 20:23

New Wings Servers are back online …… IF you ever wondered what we look like at New wings …. well …

G5fCmYF.png

#59 Flying_Toaster

Flying_Toaster

Posted 18 January 2014 - 21:10

Over the past few days I've decided to try out RoF multiplayer, and have jumped into the New Wings Wargrounds servers to try it out. Each time the numbers on each side have been pretty stupid. Often something like 7 players on the Entente side, and 16+ on the German side.
This, for me, is just no fun.
I can either play on the German side and get tangled up with too many friendlies, or play on the Entente side and get jumped by multiple enemies whenever I stick my head up.
Are there any plans to try to solve this?

#60 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 18 January 2014 - 21:25

Bad timing. it's 20-20 right now

Free Plank!

#61 Flying_Toaster

Flying_Toaster

Posted 18 January 2014 - 21:53

Really? Nice, I might jump in then.

#62 Flying_Toaster

Flying_Toaster

Posted 18 January 2014 - 22:40

I hopped in for the remainder of a mission, and it was much more fun! Actual fights and engagements instead of 4 on 1 sealclubbings.

#63 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud

Posted 22 January 2014 - 15:28

I've edited (see Tuesday Night Fly-Ins) with some important information to all who may fly on the New Wings Servers …. please read ….

G5fCmYF.png

#64 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:08

I have a doubt regarding the score system of the server: do I have to kill the enemy to count as a kill or just shot him down? I have noticed that several of my "kills" were not scored. Since I don't know how many enemy pilots killed I have, I am not so sure how the score works.

Last night I think that I had 5 combined kills (real pilots) in two missions and just one showed up. Today I got two kills and they showed up (I am not so sure if the two of them were pilot kills).

#65 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud

Posted 06 February 2014 - 15:19

I'll be quite honest with you, I know nothing of the scoring system other than we use what 777 sets up for this sim. Now there are several threads in these forums that discuss the scoring/point system as it is or should be.

I will refer this to those more into the scoring system at NW like Scud, Speed or QuQi and see if they can give you a better answer.

G5fCmYF.png

#66 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 06 February 2014 - 17:14

Thanks, Chief. It might have some differences or a different algorithm, because the points seem also to be different from the actual tally during play (Alt+Tab). I got curious.

Cheers,

#67 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 06 February 2014 - 22:24

If you are talking about the server stats, they have not added some of the newer aircraft to a list that is used to track different objects. This means that if you shot down a Strutter, or one of the other aircraft not on that list, it's not counting as a kill.

Free Plank!

#68 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:15

Thanks BraveSirRobin …. good information to know …

G5fCmYF.png

#69 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:27

If you are talking about the server stats, they have not added some of the newer aircraft to a list that is used to track different objects. This means that if you shot down a Strutter, or one of the other aircraft not on that list, it's not counting as a kill.

Oh, it might be it. Thanks.

#70 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 07 February 2014 - 21:24

Quick Question.

afaik, we're using Vaal's parser to compile the Wargrounds stats (I haven't delved too
much into that side of NW as yet).

Regarding your post, is the addition of newer a/c something Vaal would need to do for
his parser script, or is it something we need to add somewhere on our side?

My guess is the former, but if it's the latter, I can do some checking with QuQi to
see what we can do with that.

Regards,
4 :S!:

#71 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 07 February 2014 - 21:29

It's something that you need to do on your side, but I don't know the details. Syn_Vander might be able to help you.

Free Plank!

#72 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 10 February 2014 - 18:07

It's something that you need to do on your side, but I don't know the details. Syn_Vander might be able to help you.

Thanks for the info - I'll poke around a little bit and see what I can find out.

Regards,

#73 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 10 February 2014 - 18:27

this post by Vaal might help:

ROF Server Stats

Free Plank!

#74 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 11 February 2014 - 18:59

this post by Vaal might help:

ROF Server Stats

Yep. Read through that thread yesterday.

There is a newer version of the parser than the one we're using, so we'll need to do
the upgrade.

I don't have an ETA on when that will be done (I need to understand the process a bit
better first, and probably consult with QuQi about the details), but we'll get it taken
care of as soon as we reasonably can.

Thanks all for bringing it to our attention. With that in mind, if you come across other
issues or things we should know about, please feel free to mention it on our forums
as well – that way we're sure to see it more quickly.

Regards,

#75 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:45

Thanks all for bringing it to our attention. With that in mind, if you come across other issues or things we should know about, please feel free to mention it on our forums
as well – that way we're sure to see it more quickly.

Regards,

Thanks, FourSpeed. Today I registered at the NW forum. :S!:

#76 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 12 February 2014 - 14:02

The Channel mission has a flaw that is causing serious problems. When the Entente side knocks out the Central plane factory they can prevent it from being repaired by destroying the bridge that the support crew has to cross. The Entente plane factory, on the other hand, could not be destroyed by a flight of B-52s. If it ever gets destroyed, there is no similar cheat to allow the Central side to stop the support crew from fixing it. Please remove the mission from the rotation until this is fixed.

Free Plank!

#77 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 12 February 2014 - 15:28

By the way, the worst offender of this cheat is -NW-WildBill2. It seems to me that NW moderators should not be cheating.

Free Plank!

#78 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 12 February 2014 - 15:48

Wow BSR,I don't know what beef you have with Bill,butt calling him a cheat is just redickaless.
After all none is making you fly NW.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#79 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 12 February 2014 - 16:00

I'm calling him a cheat because he is cheating. The Entente side can permanently destroy the factory by destroying a bridge. The Central side does not have the same option. If this was the intended design instead of a mistake, then it's not fair. If it's a flaw in the design, then the guys who are exploiting it are cheating.

What does that have to do with me flying on NW? I could just switch to Entente and join in the cheating/unfair BS. Instead, I'm letting you know that it's happening so you can fix it.

Free Plank!

#80 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 12 February 2014 - 16:26

Pointing out the flaw in the map is okay,calling people cheats because they fly Entente is like I said JUST REDICKALESS. Knowing the flaw you have two options, 1 defend the factory and bridge better,2 don't fly the map.
"I'm letting you know that it's happening so you can fix it." I have nothing to do with NW,I just don't like to see people calling others cheaters,and to single one person out is just uncalled fore.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users