• LocationNorth Woods

Posted 05 March 2016 - 15:17

oops

Sorry About That                                                           

#602 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 05 March 2016 - 15:25

Sorry link does not work, but this one might.https://www.youtube....h?v=PDBOwPORHGU

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#603 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D 13/6/2018 veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 05 March 2016 - 16:18

And for the record, I support Speed in his decision.

Then for the record could you clarify the reason for so doing? Do you know of a justification for the original ban?

#604 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 05 March 2016 - 17:08

As Chief mentions, it's an internal issue and as I've stated previously, if the folks affected have an issue, they can discuss it with QuQi.

As for everyone else, the only reason it's come up here is because hillbilly is whining like a little baby -- which, frankly, I personally don't give a rat's patootie about.

'Nuff Said. Done Deal.

#605 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 05 March 2016 - 17:29

whining like a little baby

LOL 

they can discuss it with QuQi.

How? I have been banned from your forum, from your TS, your servers and PMs.

Is there something wrong with giving me a answer? Or is there something to hide?

#606 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 05 March 2016 - 18:04

This IS strange...

#607 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 05 March 2016 - 18:05

I have nothing to do with this dispute, but as an outside observer my opinion is that fresh air and sunshine are always the best policy.  Maybe Hillbilly did something bad, but every insistence that no one should know the reasons make it look like he probably did nothing wrong at all, except have a personal squabble with the guy who has keys to the sandbox.

Anyway, that's all I'll say about that.

#608 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 05 March 2016 - 18:57

Hillbilly's main goal is to provoke people, and that's what he does.

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

#609 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 05 March 2016 - 22:40

I'm so thank full for Fourspeed being part of NW, and very glad he has the keys to the sand box, He keeps law and order to the server.as well as put way to much time keeping things going for all if not most of us enjoying our favorite online sim. and what I'm saying has nothing to do with Hillbilly other than I did feel very uncomfortable when when he entered TS , he could have waited till only Speed was alone knowing what could happened. What is going on between servers has nothing to do with us so it should remain in PM, if BSR and my self can do it so can every one else .

#610 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 05 March 2016 - 22:55

I'm so thank full for Fourspeed being part of NW, and very glad he has the keys to the sand box, He keeps law and order to the server.as well as put way to much time keeping things going for all if not most of us enjoying our favorite online sim. and what I'm saying has nothing to do with Hillbilly other than I did feel very uncomfortable when when he entered TS , he could have waited till only Speed was alone knowing what could happened. What is going on between servers has nothing to do with us so it should remain in PM, if BSR and my self can do it so can every one else .

I appreciate you thoughts and I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable for that was not my intention. 

#611 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 05 March 2016 - 22:59

LOL 

How? I have been banned from your forum, from your TS, your servers and PMs.

Is there something wrong with giving me a answer? Or is there something to hide?

You know WHY you were banned from the forums .... probably why you banned me from your forums ...... and just for the record I recall you mentioning in another thread that you NEVER flew on New Wings Servers. What changed?

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#612 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 05 March 2016 - 23:11

You know WHY you were banned from the forums .... probably why you banned me from your forums ...... and just for the record I recall you mentioning in another thread that you NEVER flew on New Wings Servers. What changed?

Chief

No I do not know why I was banned, that why I'm asking and have been for years.

I did not ban you on the NFF forum. You ever noticed no NFF tags?

"What changed?" Apparently nothing "( I'm Banned)" ! You ever thought that some might want to bury the hatchet. 

#613 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 05 March 2016 - 23:48

The discussion seems to be going nowhere, so please take it to PMs before it gets completely out out of hand. And keep PM discussion within forum rules :)

The harsh reality as I see it is that guys holding keys to privately owned sandbox answer to themselves... until they start selling a service, we're not their customers and they owe us nothing. These words may come back to me to bite me in the [removed by moderator] but are not less true because of that.

I'd like to use this opportunity to remind everyone that in prolonged conflicts between server owners / squadrons / individual rivals, if you really have to cultivate such conflicts, the public discussions on 777 forum are neutral ground, not "no mans land" . This is more about squadrons than current situation, but common enough for me to hijack the thread for three lines :).

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#614 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D 13/6/2018 veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 06 March 2016 - 03:00

The harsh reality as I see it is that guys holding keys to privately owned sandbox answer to themselves... until they start selling a service, we're not their customers and they owe us nothing. These words may come back to me to bite me in the [removed by moderator] but are not less true because of that.

I accept that server operators are free to behave as they wish, however whenever they choose to deny access, I consider them to be morally obliged to furnish an unambiguous explanation for so doing. Therefore in the event that for whatever unexplained reason they fail so to do, users and potential users of their service have a right to know that they run the risk of being treated in the same way. Consequently for anyone to try to stifle such an open discussion would be very disappointing.

#615 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:07

I accept that server operators are free to behave as they wish, however whenever they choose to deny access, I consider them to be morally obliged to furnish an unambiguous explanation for so doing. Therefore in the event that for whatever unexplained reason they fail so to do, users and potential users of their service have a right to know that they run the risk of being treated in the same way. Consequently for anyone to try to stifle such an open discussion would be very disappointing.

Sorry - but there is *no* obligation whatsoever.

We are a group of people who fund our own server out of our own pockets. In the same way that all of us reserve the right to invite, or refuse to invite, people in to our own homes, without any obligation to explain that justification, we at New Wings reserve the right to allow, or not allow, anyone to fly on our servers. There is *zero* obligation to explain a single thing to you, or *anybody* else...

Now, that said, the people who are affected, know exactly WHY they're affected, and they're just playing you for (false) sympathy.

Feel free to believe their line of BS or not -- but make no mistake.  NO explanation is owed to anybody about anything regarding our private, and privately funded, servers ... Period.  

Now, that is the *last* that anybody from New Wings is going to comment on, or discuss this topic ... End of Story ...  Get over it, or don't -- it's up to you, but we've said all that we're going to say about it... 

#616 Ben_Twings

Ben_Twings
  • LocationAlbion

Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:33

Sorry - but there is *no* obligation whatsoever.

We are a group of people who fund our own server out of our own pockets. In the same way that all of us reserve the right to invite, or refuse to invite, people in to our own homes, without any obligation to explain that justification, we at New Wings reserve the right to allow, or not allow, anyone to fly on our servers. There is *zero* obligation to explain a single thing to you, or *anybody* else...

I'm sure the community will be enlightened by that. Perhaps you could add something to the same effect somewhere on your server.

Now, that said, the people who are affected, know exactly WHY they're affected, and they're just playing you for (false) sympathy.

Feel free to believe their line of BS or not

If that is the case then I think observers are likely to be puzzled not to say unimpressed by your ongoing reluctance to clarify the situation, and to expose their alleged 'BS'.

NO explanation is owed to anybody about anything regarding our private, and privately funded, servers ... Period.

At the end of every map you rattle your tin cup by displaying a begging screen. Not quite privately-funded it appears.

Polish-infested London

#617 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 06 March 2016 - 15:16

Take it to PMs, really. 

I'm sure the community will be enlightened by that. If that is the case then I think observers are likely to be puzzled not to say unimpressed by your ongoing reluctance to clarify the situation, and to expose their alleged 'BS'.

People involved in arguments usually believe whole community is following them with held breath. I know, I used to have personal views here myself. But from where I sit now I'm sure (literally: sure) that community is mostly sick of personal conflicts taking over public discussions and people are being driven away from forum participation by it. Hence, take it to PMs, or New Wings forums. I suspect NW people may be more forthcoming about their ancient history and roots of split into NW/NFFif approached  directly, in less hostile enviroment. 

Forum moderator.

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#618 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 06 March 2016 - 20:21

I can't wait to try out the map making templates your building speed, any idea when it'll be ready?

#619 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 07 March 2016 - 00:50

Ben Twings - that part should go via PM to me already, but for some reason I can't send reply to you - you have either put me on ignore list or disabled your PM entirely?

Forum moderator.

#620 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:47

I do not accept that anything in that post belonged anywhere but in the forum. You are not on my ignore list, I just don't like PMs.

6. It is forbidden to discuss the actions of moderators and administrators in any form on the forum. All questions are to be sent via "personal message" to the administrator/moderator.
Violations of this rule will result in the following:

First offense - 3 days ban on entry
Second offense - 7 days of the ban on entry
Third offense - 30 day ban on entry

If you refuse to use tools that let you to discuss this matter without violating rule above, there is nothing I can do to help. I have been asking various old-timers to get better idea on what this thing is about, and stand by my earlier decision you refuse to accept - this is an elephant in living room situation. I can be found on some squadron forums (No.42, J5, J99), we can discuss it via PMs there if you don't want to compromise your account settings here; I'm willing to share what I've learned. But in this thread, the matter is done with.

I have every reason to believe this thing has been raised just to start a proxy argument and maybe trick some bystander into position you are now in - triple violation of forum rule I'v quoted above (so far!) - to engineer forum drama and maybe get another "unjustified" ban. I'm still trying to learn the full extent of the problem; don't let yourself be played for sucker in meantime :icon_e_salute: .

Forum moderator.

#621 Demon_

Demon_

Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:49

Ben, come in the PM with us, it's a party without beers.

#622 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 07 March 2016 - 17:33

I can't wait to try out the map making templates your building speed, any idea when it'll be ready?

Hi graham,

We currently have several missions, based on the initial 1.0 template, that we're testing in our Test server. 

It is my hope that those will get added to the Wargrounds rotation, if everything is working as expected, in the next few weeks.

At that point, I expect we'll have a couple (hopefully minor) revisions to the template, and then we can release it to the RoF community as the "blueprint" for creating (and far more importantly, *organizing*) missions for use on Wargrounds.

There are several issues that the template is intended to solve, including:

The largest is "organisational structure" using a logical layout involving groups. 

The second is providing all the New Wings required content (text messages, Rcon groups, banner page, etc.) already built-in.

The third is adding a layer that allows us to speed up and improve mission testing and evaluation

...and finally, including simple structures (like basic briefing text, mission objective hooks, and mission subtitle messages, etc.) that less experienced mission builders can easily link their creative content to, without having to "invent" that logic on their own.

So far, I think we're pretty pleased with the initial results we're seeing and we hope that becomes an easier and quicker way to build high-quality missions going forward.

Regards,

4 :icon_e_salute:

#623 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 07 March 2016 - 18:24

Ben quit being Hillbilly's tool, you're giving him the drama he wanted. He isn't innocent of anything and you don't need to know about his escapades, posting anything about them will most likely end with him abusing the system (as usual) to get any ill-worded descriptions of him taken down (although I don't think the moderators are willing to tolerate that from him anymore).  As I stated above all he wants to do is provoke certain members.

Fourspeed may be impatient at times, but his complete lack of patience with Hillbilly is very well founded.

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

#624 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 07 March 2016 - 18:44

The discussion seems to be going nowhere, so please take it to PMs before it gets completely out out of hand. And keep PM discussion within forum rules :)

I'd like to use this opportunity to remind everyone that in prolonged conflicts between server owners / squadrons / individual rivals, if you really have to cultivate such conflicts, the public discussions on 777 forum are neutral ground, not "no mans land" . This is more about squadrons than current situation, but common enough for me to hijack the thread for three lines :).

1+ It is time for everyone to STOP  and take it to PMs

#625 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 07 March 2016 - 19:49

Kid's asleep, ban them all indiscriminately then get to bed, our life's not worth it.

... I forgot what I was about to say :huh: .

Forum moderator.

#626 MarcoRossolini

MarcoRossolini
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:28

On a lighter note, after many years of living off the gifts of everyone else, it's my pleasure to finally provide a small donation to you all. I still regard it as the greatest honour to be included as one of the founder members of New Wings

.   :icon_e_salute:

#627 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 08 March 2016 - 17:41

On a lighter note, after many years of living off the gifts of everyone else, it's my pleasure to finally provide a small donation to you all. I still regard it as the greatest honour to be included as one of the founder members of New Wings

.   :icon_e_salute:

Hi Marco,

Despite someone's earlier implication, we never require donations of any sort whatsoever, from anybody, but we are very appreciative, and often amazed by the gracious, generosity of the RoF community as a whole.

So, on behalf, of myself, and our staff at New Wings, let me be the first to thank you for your support -- it is very much appreciated.  Thank You!

Regards,

PS>  It was good to see you flying in Wargrounds the other day -- I hope that won't be an isolated event.  It would be great to chat with you on TS some time.

#628 Philemmett

Philemmett

Posted 12 March 2016 - 23:13

Gentlemen,

I've intentionally stayed away from the Rise of Flight Forum for obvious reasons i.e. I used to enjoy the great things it offered and but now avoid it because of the negative bantering. 

But, our =NFF= name has come up several times recently in bad light.  I'd like to clarify several things so you can understand who and what we really are.  

First of all, HillBilly IS NOT,  (voluntarily), a member of our =NFF= group.  He is a frequent companion who is respected among our community.  Any reference to him as representing =NFF= is absolutely incorrect.  He does not prefer to ask us for opinions or suggestions.  He stands on his own.  Any belief that his words or thoughts reflect =NFF= sentiments are mistaken.  We do however, welcome his recommendations and ideas.  He is known among us for his depth of knowledge and technical expertise.  

Second:  Our sole purpose is to provide two, FREE, high-speed Servers where everyone can enjoy flying, learning, competing, laughing, and pleasant chat twenty four hours a day.  We do NOT ask for, nor accept any donations or funds from ANYONE!   Not one cent has ever been used for these services other than what I put into them.  Period!  It is not a business. There are no co-owners. There is no hierarchy or structure.  Each member of the group has equal say in what we do.  Everyone is listened to for improvements and alterations to improve what we offer everyone.  

Third:  Our reasons for leaving NW's was purely personal.  There were misunderstandings among some of the founders.  It was much more practical to separate our efforts than to have ongoing, disruptive disputes.  It served both groups a better place to do what was desired, productive, and worthwhile.  Other than the recent animosity among a FEW people, we've maintained a cordial, albeit remote, association with NW.  (The '=NFF= Ban' being the exception that caused some very bitter feelings).  Chief is a primary example of our acceptable relationship.

I sincerely hope this clears up some misconceptions.   

The future is bright for both organizations.  It seems that both teams offer enough quality maps and events that we've attracted a lion's share of the Multiplayer folks.  That will only get better as time goes on.  We welcome everyone who behaves in a basic, civil manner.  

I'm also hoping that any future negative bickering can be restricted to PMs.  That would clear the RoF Forum for far better discussions.

Please PM me at your convenience for any further clarifications.  I'd be glad to be of any help that I can.

Very Sincerely,

Phil =NFF=Patriarch

(Philemmett) 

#629 Bluntman

Bluntman

Posted 13 March 2016 - 17:33

Yes, I agree, please put all of this to bed.  I think after reading 16 pages of this, the eyes will start to bleed.  Lock the thread and start a sticky in regards to notifications about the NW Server.

#630 Adler_Blau

Adler_Blau

Posted 21 March 2016 - 00:52

Please make permanent ban for this pilot http://stats.newwing...g/pilot/62886/ 

He sits as a gunner and shoot at the plane.

http://stats.newwing...sortie/1002834/

http://stats.newwing...sortie/1002856/

:icon_e_salute:

69f899eca96d.png

#631 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:10

Please make permanent ban for this pilot http://stats.newwing...g/pilot/62886/ 

He sits as a gunner and shoot at the plane.

http://stats.newwing...sortie/1002834/

http://stats.newwing...sortie/1002856/

Sorry you had some difficulty with this pilot -- we'll review the flight logs and go from there.

Regards,

#632 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 31 March 2016 - 19:15

Question for all , why is it hardly any one fly's in fast and furious?  is their something that needs to be changed? Lots fly aces falling nff servers why not ff? Ill just add my 2 penny's worth and hope I have enough grey matter left.

Not long enough time in the maps. I know what speed was trying to do, kinda like world of tanks thing but don't think it's working speedy. maybe an hr long would be better, seems like you just get going and the map changes. Another idea maybe like war grounds but with icons, try a map and see if that would work, just seems like a waste of server if hardly any one fly's it.

Any more ideas I'm sure NW would like to here it I'm sure right 4Speed.

#633 Ben_Twings

Ben_Twings
  • LocationAlbion

Posted 01 April 2016 - 04:37

Question for all , why is it hardly any one fly's in fast and furious?  is their something that needs to be changed? Lots fly aces falling nff servers why not ff? Ill just add my 2 penny's worth and hope I

'''

Any more ideas I'm sure NW would like to here it I'm sure right 4Speed.

The shortcomings of any server are invariably mentioned by their users. Therefore if Fourspeed wants to "here" why practically nobody "fly's" in that server, all he has to do is read his chat logs as he so often claims to do.

Polish-infested London

#634 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:25

Ok but I was looking more in the lines of some good ideas that NW may want to use for F&F . Like I said one idea is to be in the lines of WG's with bombing and recon and well like WG's, may help some of the newbies how to fly in WG's . have full real with icons , even if its just a couple maps in the rotation. Theirs so many newbies that come in to WG's and have no idea what to do, most don't want to read the manual . just the way it is, they want it now sort of thing. and its great practice for every one, theirs still lots that have been flying for a while that still have no clue on how to do recon. or even bombing.

#635 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 01 April 2016 - 21:51

The shortcomings of any server are invariably mentioned by their users. Therefore if Fourspeed wants to "here" why practically nobody "fly's" in that server, all he has to do is read his chat logs as he so often claims to do.

Well, having read every FnF chat log where there were a decent number of sorties (~10+ or so), I'm comfy saying that I haven't seen much server feedback in the chatter -- one guy thought it was "too arcady" -- I know, shocking, given it is an icons-on server, based on the on the old Flying Circus missions, right?  Another guy didn't like the plane set on one of the missions, and a few folks had some lag issues... 

Mind you, the chat logs are available to anyone to peruse, so, perhaps another set of eyes (like yours) might turn up all the (supposed) feedback I've missed.  ;)

Oddly enough though (apart from Graham and a couple other GT's) I don't recall reading any complaints (or even comments) about the mission durations, so if that is an issue, it doesn't seem to be a very big one at all. <shrug>

Ok but I was looking more in the lines of some good ideas that NW may want to use for F&F . Like I said one idea is to be in the lines of WG's with bombing and recon and well like WG's, may help some of the newbies how to fly in WG's . have full real with icons , even if its just a couple maps in the rotation. Theirs so many newbies that come in to WG's and have no idea what to do, most don't want to read the manual . just the way it is, they want it now sort of thing. and its great practice for every one, theirs still lots that have been flying for a while that still have no clue on how to do recon. or even bombing.

As we've chatted about before Graham, FnF (and Battlegrounds, previously) has always been a bit of an odd duck.  Flight time volume has always been low there (loosely speaking, about 1 week of Wargrounds ops == a full year of FnF ops, in terms of sorties and flight time).

Past history also clearly demonstrates that the vast majority of MP pilots won't / don't work their way up the skill ladder in a progression (ie. Basic Training -- to AF or FnF -- to Wargrounds), but in actual fact they'll just jump into any (non-passworded) server where there are people -- regardless of level.

With Aces Falling shutting their doors, I suppose we could talk to =AH=_Sid about possibly putting some of those missions on FnF or, we might repurpose the server into a "Mods On" server (Fritz has wanted a "playground" to indulge his creativity, for a couple years now), or we might just let it wander along awhile (it's not like it's taking up a lot of resources)  as it is -- it still can be an amusing break from WG now and then if you just want some lighter, more casual, furball action.  ;)

Finally, of course, we could just shut it off entirely, but currently, we've not given it much thought -- right now, we'd really like to get some more (much needed) missions into the Wargrounds rotation, and get the NW-template out there as well ... I expect we'll get some of that done as soon as we can pry our primary tester(s) (I_Got_Shot & friends) away from Bloody April in a few weeks.  :D  

JG1-Butzzell has done a great job creating several missions (including a couple rounds of revisions), so I think we're getting pretty close to having some significant additions pretty quickly once BA wraps up.

By all means though, please do feel free to chime in with suggestions -- we're definitely open to hearing them and considering them!

Regards,

#636 etzel

etzel

Posted 01 April 2016 - 23:58

With Aces Falling shutting their doors, I suppose we could talk to =AH=_Sid about possibly putting some of those missions on FnF or, we might repurpose the server into a "Mods On" server (Fritz has wanted a "playground" to indulge his creativity, for a couple years now), or we might just let it wander along awhile (it's not like it's taking up a lot of resources)  as it is -- it still can be an amusing break from WG now and then if you just want some lighter, more casual, furball action.  ;)

...looks like you could read my mind.... :icon_e_biggrin:  :icon_e_biggrin:

I have to admit so far I never joined your "Basic Training" or "Fast and Furious" Server, simply due to the fact that Aces Falling, NW Wargrounds and (on Sundays) Syndicate fully statisfied my wishes on whatever mood I had.... :-)

Now I checked at least the settings of "basic Training" and "FnF"-Servers and saw that they are identical. So I think it could make sense to leave the Basic Training Settings as they are but change the FnF-Settings in the same way like AF had, meaning "full realism with Icons"  => with that approach your 3 servers also would reflect more that "skill ladder" as mentioned... (well, it would probably change nothing in the behaviour of newbies just joining the Server where some People are online, but that's a different story... *g*)

And to take over some of Sid's Team Death Match and Capture Field Maps to the FnF-Server would be definitly also a great idea!!! (if that would be ok for Sid ...)

#637 JG1_Vonrd_J10

JG1_Vonrd_J10
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted 02 April 2016 - 01:41

we might repurpose the server into a "Mods On" server (Fritz has wanted a "playground" to indulge his creativity, for a couple years now)

Regards,

I would welcome a mods on server for "not so serious" flying. (Well, BA is dead is dead serious but... as I understand... might be wrong   :icon_eek:...  it relies on honesty of the participants in not loading non allowed mods (Can the mods allowed be set server side?) 

Bypassing the Skins acceptance policy for one... would be great for people to introduce their skins that haven't gone through the acceptance process.

Also, there's a quite a few quality mods out there, including Fritz's Russian objects, not to mention the Arras map.

S!

Vonrd

#638 Ben_Twings

Ben_Twings
  • LocationAlbion

Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:44

Well, having read every FnF chat log where there were a decent number of sorties (~10+ or so), I'm comfy saying that I haven't seen much server feedback in the chatter -- one guy thought it was "too arcady" -- I know, shocking, given it is an icons-on server, based on the on the old Flying Circus missions, right?  Another guy didn't like the plane set on one of the missions, and a few folks had some lag issues... 

Mind you, the chat logs are available to anyone to peruse, so, perhaps another set of eyes (like yours) might turn up all the (supposed) feedback I've missed.  ;)

Oddly enough though (apart from Graham and a couple other GT's) I don't recall reading any complaints (or even comments) about the mission durations, so if that is an issue, it doesn't seem to be a very big one at all. <shrug>

I have witnessed at least one complaint of short map duration in that server, with which I did not disagree. I could make several suggestions for improvement, but am disinclined because in my experience server operators just are not listening. As a case in point you mention the closure of Aces Falling, a server whose operators initially went through the motions of courting suggestions and feedback only to ignore it completely, instead producing what I viewed as a pointless clone of Flying Circus with engine management added. A lost opportunity whose passing I cannot lament and whose content we really do not need to see revived; not least because it's still available in the server from which it was derived and to which users have now returned.

Polish-infested London

#639 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:43

I could make several suggestions for improvement, but am disinclined because in my experience server operators just are not listening. 

4 speed has said he would entertain suggestions.

By all means though, please do feel free to chime in with suggestions -- we're definitely open to hearing them and considering them!

If no suggestions is offered, they can not consider them.

#640 Ceowulf

Ceowulf
  • LocationA long way from Tipperary

Posted 02 April 2016 - 20:28

Well, as just a part timer, I liked Aces Falling a lot when it was populated but it was a drag seeding it when there were no AI.  That's the great thing with NFF, there is something to do while waiting.  

On FnF, the one map I really don't care for is the one with just the Dva and Spad (and Rus N17?) - anyway, that one isn't fun.  

AF content added would be great to me and I hope FnF gets some attention and therefore more players.

Ceowulf<><

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users