Photo
- - - - -

"The Spider Web" Channel Campaign is Released!

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 Tigertooo

Tigertooo

Posted 06 March 2013 - 20:34

Just shows where your heart lies Prangster,fantastic achievement to say the least.I admire your skills.
btw, don't you fly with "The Tangmere Pilots" as well ?

#42 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 21:07

May be :)
I'm finishing a new campaign "Red Brigade" but in russian only. I'm looking for translator for it

I have a translator for you. PM me.

Jason

#43 Prangster

Prangster

Posted 06 March 2013 - 22:52

Ooops! YEs, I meant the missions should be placed in 1918, not 1917, because in summer 1917 the Felixstowe F2 was not in service.

True the F2A production models were not ordered till July but Felixstowe was the experimental station and they produced the prototypes on site. The "Large American" H12 design which evolved into the Porte II were being produced and these were very similar to the production F2A. The main difference once they had switched to the 250HP Rolls-Royce engines was the weaker hull on the H12.

Prangster

SWsig.jpg

#44 89

Posted 06 March 2013 - 23:09

Many thanks Prangster, look forward to try it! 3 hour flights (even with x8 time acc) may be too much of muchness, but I need to try it regardless :)

#45 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 07 March 2013 - 00:43

So just unzip it to the Main RoF directory? Not copy it into the single player mission folder? Thanks …..
Well, yes.
It's pretty much self-explainable.
RoF got those folders already:
Rise of flight\data\missions
and this should "fit" into it, not
"copied into single player mission folder"
(we don't have "single player" mission
folder, right?)
You'll end up having these folder(s) on
the end:
Rise of flight\data\missions\Spider Web
(and it will have folder "media" into him)
Good luck. And - enjoy. When you can. :D

Got it …. thanks for your patience

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#46 zerberr

zerberr

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:18

Just wonderful! Completed first mission, sank the submarine (thanks to my gunner who alerted me by shooting at it), lost Lofty, but managed to return almost directly to Cork after finishing patrol.

Found some weird things though - all subtitles says "Null". Not a big deal, but i guess it doesn't work as intended. All installed (apparently) correctly. Win64 incompatibility of some sort maybe?

Splashscreens (true work of art BTW) do not fit into 1440*900 resolution

Anyway, thank you for sucj a great campaign!

And if you still need a translator you can PM me as well.

#47 PhotoFactor

PhotoFactor

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:49

Yes, I am getting the "null" messages as well. Just for the first mission however. Subtitles work from mission 2 on.

#48 Prangster

Prangster

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:26

About the null.

Sorry there is big bug with the first mission. Looks like an old versions of some of the files were included. I'll upload a new version and patch tonight.

Prangster

SWsig.jpg

#49 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:17

I can get time-compression to run OK @ X16 on my average machine which gets me to the patrol part of the mission in a reasonable time.

Great work!

#50 PhotoFactor

PhotoFactor

Posted 07 March 2013 - 15:58

About the null.

Sorry there is big bug with the first mission. Looks like an old versions of some of the files were included. I'll upload a new version and patch tonight.

Thanks! Loved your Flying Fury campaign, cannot wait to give this one a go. Will help those of us who are eagerly waiting the next patch for the channel carrer.

BIG THANK YOU!!!

#51 Dietz

Dietz

Posted 07 March 2013 - 16:13

Will be in line for the revised version- many thanks for your hard work!

#52 Prangster

Prangster

Posted 07 March 2013 - 22:32

Well I managed to mess up the first mission just before I Zipped it up to upload. Much of the text was missing and the opening video was only playing sound.

This patch should fix the problems:

NEW VERSION 2 AVALIBLE. Link on the first post

Sorry for the screw up!

Prangster

SWsig.jpg

#53 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 07 March 2013 - 23:20

Thanks, Prangster!

:S!:

HT

#54 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 07 March 2013 - 23:33

Many thanks!

#55 Dressedwings

Dressedwings
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 08 March 2013 - 00:02

LOL I thought something was wrong :D

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#56 3instein

3instein

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:11

Cheers for the mission prangster,D/L now to give it a try.
Mick. :)

#57 zerberr

zerberr

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:42

just finished 3rd mission and can't stop adoring that campaign ;)

found some more things to check - subtitles for missions 2 and 3 are mixed up (it says "Mission 3 - Beff trip" and "Mission 2 - Alone on the sea", although it supposed to be opposite.

And.. forgive my possible ignorance, but shouldn't it say "course" instead of "coarse" in the briefings and subtitles? I realize it might be slang term, but I never seen this before. Again, I'm sorry if it's just my ignorance.

Thanks again! It's such a great campaign, I'm looking forward to more releases from you Prangster!

#58 Prangster

Prangster

Posted 09 March 2013 - 22:14

found some more things to check - subtitles for missions 2 and 3 are mixed up (it says "Mission 3 - Beff trip" and "Mission 2 - Alone on the sea", although it supposed to be opposite.

And.. forgive my possible ignorance, but shouldn't it say "course" instead of "coarse" in the briefings and subtitles? I realize it might be slang term, but I never seen this before. Again, I'm sorry if it's just my ignorance.
quote]

Zerberr. Thanks for your feedback. A new version 2 is available for download, link on the first post.

This will correct the spelling errors and Mission titles. It also fixes an error with the wind corrections in Mission 06. In addition I've reduced the size of the text in the diary on the briefing screens to work better at lower resolutions.

Prangster

SWsig.jpg

#59 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud

Posted 10 March 2013 - 00:22

I like the video addition at the beginning but just a small note here …. The Title comes up, the video comes up, then you are in your Felix and then you pop over to the book. Shouldn't it (and this is a very small point) be book then to the Felix?

G5fCmYF.png

#60 Prangster

Prangster

Posted 10 March 2013 - 13:53

I like the video addition at the beginning but just a small note here …. The Title comes up, the video comes up, then you are in your Felix and then you pop over to the book. Shouldn't it (and this is a very small point) be book then to the Felix?

Fixed in the latest version. :S!:

Prangster

SWsig.jpg

#61 ollivier-berry

ollivier-berry

Posted 10 March 2013 - 22:24

Hey Thanks a lot for this good job Flight leader, i dwld it and try in the next hours.
Long life to the Spider Web Channel Campaign.
Olliver Von Berrychtofen

as its a good job i say you win a picture : from my screen shot of my AD3 "the red red wine",
take care in the sun and good flight ruddy

Attached Files

#62 zerberr

zerberr

Posted 13 March 2013 - 20:36

Finished the campaign yesterday. Never got "Victory" splashscreen on mission 5 though (maybe because I sank two u-boats, and still unsure if the second was friendly. No signal from them though)

Found couple more typos in subtitles - flight time from Cork to North Hinder says "minures" instead of minutes (seems to be universal between all missions), and also "crusiers" instead of cruisers.

It would be pretty neat to display actual course in mission results, as it is done in career. Not sure rhough if it is doable in single missions though.

Thanks again for such a great campaign! It was real challenge and pleasure (except mission 4 maybe - takeoff was frustrating! but still made me feel nice after successful completion). Also I learned quite a bit of new things that I haven't been aware of, like whole submarine patrol operations during WWI.

#63 Prangster

Prangster

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:28

Finished the campaign yesterday. Never got "Victory" splashscreen on mission 5 though (maybe because I sank two u-boats, and still unsure if the second was friendly. No signal from them though)

Found couple more typos in subtitles - flight time from Cork to North Hinder says "minures" instead of minutes (seems to be universal between all missions), and also "crusiers" instead of cruisers.

It would be pretty neat to display actual course in mission results, as it is done in career. Not sure rhough if it is doable in single missions though.
Zerberr thanks for the feedback. :)

Yes one of the subs was friendy. It should fire a flare when you get close so I'll fix that in the next patch. I'll also fix the typos.

There is no way to display a course in the results in single player unfortunatly.

Prangster

SWsig.jpg

#64 Prangster

Prangster

Posted 25 March 2013 - 22:15

25th March. Updated to version 3 with corrections to missions 5 & 6 and typos on all missions.

A big thanks to zerberr for spotting and reporting the bugs.

Prangster

SWsig.jpg

#65 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud

Posted 25 March 2013 - 23:05

Prangster I want to personally thank you for all your time and work. Many of the New Wings personel, including myself, enjoy this greatly.

G5fCmYF.png

#66 VonGerlach

VonGerlach

Posted 31 March 2013 - 00:05

Danke, and thanks. Do we need any additonal planes in addition to the flying boat? thanks again i am especially interested in the naval aspect so this will be very nice i plan to start it soon as i get my 'wings"

Director and Lead

3D World and Game Developers Group Linkedin

"We Build Worlds"

#67 Prangster

Prangster

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:53

VonGerlach you will need the Channel map and Felixstowe to play these missions.

Prangster

SWsig.jpg

#68 flapping-brown

flapping-brown

Posted 27 April 2013 - 13:45

didnt download completely …something about virus and unknown server error …i try again soon.
flapping brown

#69 Wizbang

Wizbang

Posted 05 May 2013 - 16:15

I have tried to find a support enquire email address on the rise of flight web site but I can't see one so I post this here and hope that someone from the Rise of Flight team can come back to me on this.

About the time of this update I encountered a new problem. I play one mission ok but when I try to play a second mission without shutting down and restarting the computer, the computer hangs at the point where it would normally start to load the mission. I thought this might be resolved by the next update but it does not seem to be.

While this does not make the game unplayable, its a bloody pain given the time of the load up squence for the game and first mission. I attach the screen shot of the hung screen.

Can anyone tell me why this has happened and what can be done about it? I have not, to my knowledge, altered any of the computers settings shortly prior to or since the problem started.

#70 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 05 May 2013 - 16:25

Wiz, this really has nothing to do with this topic. Why did you post it here?

Try posting it again in a new thread the Technical Support Forum and you'll likely get better results because it will be more visible.

Sri I can't offer you any advice on fixing it.

#71 triumph

triumph

Posted 20 May 2013 - 14:32

tried this spider web, most excellent work. thanks for this, it certainly raises the bar for mission building.

the sea effects, and ship wake, are fabulous. congrats and thanks to 777 studios for the channel map. and thanks to the builder of the spider web campaign.

#72 Buffin

Buffin

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:03

Excellent work, thank you. :S!: :)

#73 Satchenko

Satchenko

Posted 21 February 2014 - 17:24

There is any chance to modify (with your license of course) to make this campaign in coop mode to fly with friends? :D

#74 peterla

peterla

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:52

Nice work. I canot wait to fly them ;)

#75 peterla

peterla

Posted 04 August 2014 - 21:12

I just flown the telephone. Nicely done and amazing mission. Thanks for this. See you.

#76 smithcorp

smithcorp

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:41

This is a fabulous campaign! I just posted an AAR of mission 1 here: Spider Web AAR - Mission 1

Thanks Prangster (and komemiute)!

smith

#77 acushyal

acushyal

Posted 08 January 2015 - 22:06

alanwgt

Hi Prangster

Forgive a novice but I have downloaded your Spiders web program but have absolutely no idea how to load it into my ROF registry. Thank you for your help. Remember you are dealing with an idiot when it comes to computers.

#78 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:30

alanwgt

Hi Prangster

Forgive a novice but I have downloaded your Spiders web program but have absolutely no idea how to load it into my ROF registry. Thank you for your help. Remember you are dealing with an idiot when it comes to computers.

Just unzip the Spider_Web_v2 zip file into your main Rise of Flight Folder, it will install itself where it needs to be. Remember there is a SpiderWeb- pdf Readme file now in your main Rise of Flight Folder that gives a Briefing and explanation of each mission.
Start ROF and go into the Missions tab, click it, and look for the Spiders Web Folder, click it, and the missions are numbered and ready to start. Good Luck.

S!Blade<><

#79 weegie

weegie

Posted 09 November 2015 - 17:15

I'm just coming back to ROF after a while & I'd love to get this campaign.

I can download the pdf with the maps and outline but I cannot get the campaign to download.

Anybody have a copy they might want to share?

#80 JGS4_Te

JGS4_Te

Posted 02 January 2016 - 05:57

Unable to download the Campaign from the link.   Tried both Mozilla and Chrome.  Any thoughts welcome. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users