Photo
- - - - -

Sikorsky Ilya Muromets

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#81 ArgonV

ArgonV

Posted 04 March 2013 - 19:19

Hello sir, very lovely model! I hope and pray it makes it into ROF somehow. The Ilya Type V was the first bomber a gent named Tailgunner and I built for a fligtsim mod called FS-WW1 over 10 years ago. I have some pictures and layout diagrams of the interior that might interest you. PM me your e-mail and I can package up what info I have. Though it was a long time ago, I still fly FS-WW1 as it is the only combat sim I know of with a flyable Ilya Type V and Type A: http://www.fsww1.com...n/aircraft.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fsww1.com...n/aircraft.html (Scroll down to the Ilyas)

#82 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 04 March 2013 - 20:28

Thought the replica was good enought.

http://igor113.livej....com/74567.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://igor113.livej....com/74567.html

not really

Great pictures. I like the snub nose version better than the pointy nose version. (There may be a version with a forward gunner, as well, but I am not sure if the picture was not labeled correctly.) Thankfully, the Korontari model is a the snub nose version, like in your pictures.

:P

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#83 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 04 March 2013 - 21:11

Great job !

#84 Badgerbrown

Badgerbrown

Posted 04 March 2013 - 21:45

Now that is one sweet @$$ bomber!

:shock:

I want one!

#85 Korontari

Korontari

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:28

Hello sir, very lovely model! I hope and pray it makes it into ROF somehow. The Ilya Type V was the first bomber a gent named Tailgunner and I built for a fligtsim mod called FS-WW1 over 10 years ago. I have some pictures and layout diagrams of the interior that might interest you. PM me your e-mail and I can package up what info I have. Though it was a long time ago, I still fly FS-WW1 as it is the only combat sim I know of with a flyable Ilya Type V and Type A: http://www.fsww1.com...n/aircraft.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fsww1.com...n/aircraft.html (Scroll down to the Ilyas)

Thank you very much for your kind words and suggesting your help! I appreciate that much. I have sent you a PM. It is really nice to see somebody was doing Ilya for a flight sim. )

about gauges

Hmm.. interesting photo.. To me it looks like a modern replica of a Nieuport 17 captured in b/w. I wonder if the gauge is an authentic one?

Gorgeous plane modeling, Korontari!

The Ilya Murometz's (G-2 series) tail gunner ("nest")

Loneliest gunner position I have ever seen, especially without radios…

Charlo

Thank you Charlo! On later models there was a cart on rails along the plane's hull that was used by the gunner to get to the tail position. So he didn't have to sit there all the time. But on earlier (field) modifications that was an isolated position indeed. Besides the gunner had a pretty extreme "rodeo" during take-offs and landings. )) On your photo it is more likely a later modification (civil war).

#86 gorillacake

gorillacake

Posted 05 March 2013 - 13:13

Dude, that is savage! Well done!

1) I would buy this right now if I could

2) I hope you get a phone call from 777 saying "welcome on board!"

3) "Dear God, it's beuatiful!" http://www.youtube.c...h?v=z1DzZ7oShl4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">

#87 Sita

Sita

Posted 05 March 2013 - 13:36

Hmm.. interesting photo.. To me it looks like a modern replica of a Nieuport 17 captured in b/w. I wonder if the gauge is an authentic one?.

yep it's modern gauge, photo from celebration on one hundred years of VVS in Jukovsky past year

its replica but close enough i think ..

but i also think that it would be better to set in pit French gauge or gauge from UK planes … which may be could give to you Guys from 777 if you would be doing a pit for IM

#88 M.H

M.H

Posted 05 March 2013 - 13:46

The machine gun in the right seems adjustable , what is the pilot gonna do with it firing downward like that :?: :?: :?:

#89 svivon

svivon

Posted 05 March 2013 - 14:57

These photos of the inaccurate replica are not reliable source.
The real ships IM Type Veh were not fitted with such adjustable guns in the pilot's compartment.

#90 1PL-Lucas-1Esk

1PL-Lucas-1Esk
  • LocationPoland/Warsaw

Posted 05 March 2013 - 15:08

Koronatri,
I would like to congratulate you on making this splendind piece of 3d art. You did some excellent modelling and texuring. Hats off! Sorry, I missed the topic completly.

@Argon,
my teammate from our unit, Rahon, created an Ilya Muromets model for our mod made on Targetware engine:
http://yoyosims.pl/O...eeny/wop_27.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://yoyosims.pl/O...ki/Targetware/S … wop_27.jpg :)
Old times, we made it in 2009. Was fun to fly her.

1PL-Lucas
CO of 1.Pułk Lotniczy
http://1pl.boo.pl

#91 =J99=Sizzlorr

=J99=Sizzlorr

Posted 05 March 2013 - 17:38

Very nice :S!:

yedwwtfx.gif

#92 Shane

Shane

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:22

Good job.

#93 DennyMala

DennyMala
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:45

Wonderful piece of work.

I really home there is room for the RoF team to make use of that.

#94 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 06 March 2013 - 13:54

deleted

#95 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy

Posted 06 March 2013 - 14:05

Roland C.II was being made by someone of the community (can't remember the name now,please don't get angry) and got rejected (apparently).Few weeks later Roland C.II appeared on RoF plans,coincidence or not…
Here's your answer Syndicate Roland CII… Follow his WiP thread to the end. He is very talented.

Plane your are refer to is not made by that person and was bad made Btw.
Bit of a jerky comment, no? Considering it was not completed entirely. Do better then, lest ye pass such judgement…

#96 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 06 March 2013 - 18:35

[
Plane your are refer to is not made by that person and was bad made Btw.
Bit of a jerky comment, no? Considering it was not completed entirely. Come on you can not compare that stopped project because moving to the fine details it become to difficult, to this very good Muromets, with all the details, sorry to the Roland maker but here we are reaching the point were real talent is showing .

Do better then, lest ye pass such judgement…
Bandy, believe I wish that I could do this job like the Muromets, but I do not have the time, software and talent. I know this could start another flaming on me, but I may give my opinion to what I see and can judge. If you do not like that then mark me as foes, have a good day further.
]

Sikorsky lovers: Sorry to hijack this!!

:S!:
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#97 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy

Posted 06 March 2013 - 18:48

Eat crow and die, you have proven to be less than adequate to pass opinion on numerous occassions.

#98 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 06 March 2013 - 18:58

Eat crow and die,

I'm not going to die, What the hell is this, you want me to go dead!!! :( I hope I'm reading this wrong and it is just some king of proverb that I do read wrongly!!
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#99 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

Posted 06 March 2013 - 20:09

Korontari,

great piece of art, really.

… consider the Snipe ;)

S!

kpt. pil. / Capt. Sahaj / Operations Officer / 1. Eskadra Mysliwska / 1. Pulk Lotniczy / http://www.1pl.boo.pl

bannerf11esks.png?raw=1

http://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com

#100 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 06 March 2013 - 20:34

Just read about Ilya Muromets on a new book (Flight - the complete history - R.G.Grant) that I bought few days ago. Impressive aircraft. Congratulations on your model, very well done.
Will try to post a shot of the page where the Ilya is shown approaching landing with two guys standing over his main body (yes, it has two "observation posts" for the brave).
Beautiful.

Edit: here it is.
Attached File  Ilya.JPG   1.76MB   236 downloads
This photo shows the Ilya landing at Korposnoi aerodrome, outsite St Petersburg, 11-July-1914. Two figures can be seen standing on the outdoor observation platform.
Photo taken from "Flight" book, page 62.

#101 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 06 March 2013 - 21:07

Yeah,I know that one.It's very amazing.
WWI pilots had balls to walk through the bombers wings and fuselage during flight.

#102 ArgonV

ArgonV

Posted 07 March 2013 - 00:50

@Argon,
my teammate from our unit, Rahon, created an Ilya Muromets model for our mod made on Targetware engine:
http://yoyosims.pl/O...eeny/wop_27.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://yoyosims.pl/O...ki/Targetware/S … wop_27.jpg :)
Old times, we made it in 2009. Was fun to fly her.

Outstanding! I used to fly the Targetware sim a decent amount back in the day. Can I download this still and fly it?

#103 M.H

M.H

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:28

Just read about Ilya Muromets on a new book (Flight - the complete history - R.G.Grant) that I bought few days ago. Impressive aircraft. Congratulations on your model, very well done.
Will try to post a shot of the page where the Ilya is shown approaching landing with two guys standing over his main body (yes, it has two "observation posts" for the brave).
Beautiful.

Edit: here it is.

This photo shows the Ilya landing at Korposnoi aerodrome, outsite St Petersburg, 11-July-1914. Two figures can be seen standing on the outdoor observation platform.
Photo taken from "Flight" book, page 62.
Cool photo :0o:

#104 ArgonV

ArgonV

Posted 07 March 2013 - 21:21

I just watched the video once again, amazing work sir! It is truly a thing of beauty. ROF is such a great sim, and a good engine to show off your attention to detail. It amazes me how far computer rendering technology has come…

#105 Korontari

Korontari

Posted 07 March 2013 - 23:18

I just watched the video once again, amazing work sir! It is truly a thing of beauty. ROF is such a great sim, and a good engine to show off your attention to detail. It amazes me how far computer rendering technology has come…

Thank you, sir! That is a real pleasure to receive such a feedback!

WWI pilots had balls to walk through the bombers wings and fuselage during flight.

To add to your note:

This is a rather poor quality photo showing mechanic fixing engine while plane is airborne. A crew member could use side hatch and plywood walkways on lower wings (clearly visible on the photo) to reach engines. That was a dangerous task but it allowed to save aircraft in a critical situation.

Korontari,
great piece of art, really.
… consider the Snipe ;)
S!

Thank you!
Snipe is good but I am more prone to rather "exotic looking birds". When a "plane modelling bug" bit me I was also considering Caproni Ca.3 as an alternative to Muromets. ) Caudrons, Voisin, Farmans, Staaken are all to my taste. :) The look and feel of these aircrafts is what attracts me in that era.

Really nice photo! I live within an hour away from that place. Now it is a part of the city. )

#106 Murilo_Specht

Murilo_Specht

Posted 08 March 2013 - 00:27

Fantastic model! Really hope to see it in the game someday.

Ever thought of modelling the Zeppelin-Staaken R.VI? :D

#107 Avimimus

Avimimus

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:08

:o

It is insane. I would definitely pay for a version - but only if it had the option to have the mechanic occasionally appear on the wing or observation platform!! That insanity deserves to be honoured! The Beh version would also be visually great (loader half-in, half-out of the hatch with a round in hand - gunner forward)…

The V.G.O (or R.IV) is much prettier! Why is the most produced Zepplin-Staaken also the ugliest??

#108 gorillacake

gorillacake

Posted 08 March 2013 - 15:10

I would love to see what you do with the Ca.3! This beast is simply amazing!

#109 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 08 March 2013 - 21:30

Haha,he's like me.Prefers the unusual rather the famous aircraft.

The Zeppelin R.VI and the Caproni Ca.3 and Ca.4.Can't wait to see them…

#110 Avimimus

Avimimus

Posted 08 March 2013 - 22:33

I'd say all of those are fairly famous…

:D ;)

My own tastes run a bit odder:

Single engined and two 37mm turrets anyone? Apparently 155 were produced and some served to the end of the war (albiet in a far from healthy state).

#111 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 08 March 2013 - 23:38

I saw that plane before.Thought you were talking about the Cangrejo.

Ah,yes,yes,the Salmson-Moineau.Seems to have been used during the war.Very nice plane indeed.

Another interesting plane I saw on this site:
http://flyingmachine.../Craft29132.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://flyingmachine.../Craft29132.htm

#112 Korontari

Korontari

Posted 09 March 2013 - 17:07

Thank you! Yep, building Staaken would be my creazy dream. )) But… One have to be realistic to build a model and not to give it up halfway. Staaken is a very cool bird. But I found very few references on her interiors. While on Muromets Type Veh you can be well with 2-3 player positions (pilot, top wing gunner and may be rear door position) on Staaken R.VI there is a complex flight deck, nose gunner, central gunner positions and 2 engine nacelle positions with wing gun mounts. To make all these with proper attention to details one need to find tons of references not to mention the work amount. I do not dare. ))

Why is the most produced Zepplin-Staaken also the ugliest??

I wouldn't say that. The R.VI has its charm. There is something from art-deco style in her shape and covered with night Lozenge camouflage she looks pretty cool!

The good thing about Ca.3 is that there are plenty of references on her. Several survivors in museums and publicly available detailed drawings (including cockpits) and photos should make her modelling relatively easy.

My own tastes run a bit odder:

Wow! Never seen that bird before! Very unusual. Thanks for sharing!
My 2 cents into a "freak show". :)

#113 svivon

svivon

Posted 09 March 2013 - 19:30

Most production Staaken R.VI planes didn't have upper wing gun positions (the R.29 and one more were fitted with them), and the engine nacelle positions were for the mechanics only. So thеу can be ignored (IMHO). :-)

#114 gorillacake

gorillacake

Posted 11 March 2013 - 19:02

If this was in the store, I would by it right now. Who needs the Eastern Front to take that baby for a spin! Do you have any plans to make another aircraft at the moment?

#115 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 11 March 2013 - 19:57

The good thing about Ca.3 is that there are plenty of references on her. Several survivors in museums and publicly available detailed drawings (including cockpits) and photos should make her modelling relatively easy.

:)

Maybe you could talk to Jason or one of his reps and discuss the Ca. 3 for possible inclusion in 2014? The team seems to run on an extremely tight schedule, so the sooner you are on their radar with the Ca.3 the better. It would be a shame for you to work on another model, if the model is not going to be used, but if the team likes the idea of a Ca.3 for 2014, if there is a viable market for it, and you think that making the 3D model for it would be easy, maybe you can work something out. Personally, I bet a lot of ROF'ers would really like to see that plane in game, though I do not know for sure.

;)

#116 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 11 March 2013 - 20:11

Well,I saw in some sites that the Ca.3 was used by the brits,french and even americans.So I guess it's a plane we can have before the italian front(?).

#117 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 11 March 2013 - 21:08

Well,I saw in some sites that the Ca.3 was used by the brits,french and even americans.So I guess it's a plane we can have before the italian front(?).

That is a good question. Maybe the team will consider an Italian map as a 2014 ROF map add-on? I have been itching for an Ansaldo SVA-5 Primo. A recon that lets me function as a singleton, that is faster than a 235 hp SPAD XIII, well…it just makes me grin from ear to ear.

:D

#118 gorillacake

gorillacake

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:58

Yes, in my opinion, the Ca.3 is one of the most needed aircraft for the new channel map. The French and British did indeed use it In fact, it was put to good use by the RNAS most famously on the Zeebrugge raid. It would be a nice early multi-engined bomber for both the British and the French (who don't have any multi-engined aircraft at all so far).

EDIT: Caudron G.4 was used on the Zeebrugge raid, still want the Ca.3 though!

#119 Korontari

Korontari

Posted 13 March 2013 - 21:07

Most production Staaken R.VI planes didn't have upper wing gun positions
I didn't know that. That definitely makes her modelling somewhat eazier.

If this was in the store, I would by it right now. Who needs the Eastern Front to take that baby for a spin!

I would go for a spin in Muromets even without any fronts. )) Ok, I understand the point. )
BTW, according to the poll Sikorsy bomber is the second desired heavy with Staaken being the first ( Ca.3 is 36 vs 54 votes for Ilya). Though obviously this is not a reliable statistics to make judgement.

Do you have any plans to make another aircraft at the moment?

No plans so far.

My knowlege about Ca.3 comes from Gregori Alegi's book. According to that reference France was producing Ca.3's under license and used them on Western Front from 1916. Also in 1917 Italy started delivering Ca.3 to France and Italian pilots served there. French built Capronies were equipped with French engines so they looked and performed differently. I didn't come across any information about Ca.3 being used by British or US military.

So, yes, I think this plane can be put on the Western Front.

…Caudron G.4 was used on the Zeebrugge raid..

Caudron G.4 is my other favourite bird. ))

#120 Catoprion

Catoprion

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:26

Wow! This is beautiful! Good job! I would buy that plane with all possible weapon and field mods.

Just voted for Ilya in the poll. :x :S!:
What Aircraft Would You Pay For Next?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users