- - - - -

How to Use PWCG

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#161 teufeldritch

teufeldritch
  • LocationPuget Sound region, Cascadia

Posted 19 January 2015 - 00:11

I made small guide for you, hope it help.

http://www.mediafire...op_campaign.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mediafire.../view/yugmiy81j … mpaign.pdf
Many, many thanks to you sir.

#162 Mertons

Mertons
  • LocationSpain

Posted 06 February 2015 - 19:03

Quick note how i do it.
Set coop=1 in PWCG, start campaign, edit name of person in squad to name of yours buddy, when you generate mission add that pilot name, check mission file if coop parameters are enabled for that name. Start listen server with that mission and invite friend.

Can you please be specific in exactly & precisely what I need to do. Do I need to move some files? If so what files do I need to move? Where do I move them from? Where do I move them to? A guide to creating a Coop Mission, such as the step-by-step guide on the first page of this thread, would be very much appreciated.

http://www.mediafire...op_campaign.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mediafire.../view/yugmiy81j … mpaign.pdf

Thanks for this easy but great how-to.
I took the liberty to translate your guide to Spanish to make it more accesible to my squad mates and rest of Spanish-speaking RoF Community. Of course all credits are yours. In case you don't agree, just let me know and i'll remove it from public access.

Regards!

#163 1PL-Husar

1PL-Husar

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:39

I took the liberty to translate your guide to Spanish to make it more accesible to my squad mates and rest of Spanish-speaking RoF Community. Of course all credits are yours. In case you don't agree, just let me know and i'll remove it from public access.

I'm happy that with yours work it helped Spanish-speaking ROF community. Feel free to do what you want with it.

#164 Mertons

Mertons
  • LocationSpain

Posted 10 February 2015 - 23:33

I'm happy that with yours work it helped Spanish-speaking ROF community. Feel free to do what you want with it.

:S!:

#165 Dobey

Dobey

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:49

Hi Guys,

I've been using PWCG for a little while and really enjoy the immersion factor and historical accuracy (Thanks Pat!!)

I have a few general use questions:

1) Will PWCG continue to generate enemy flights for as long as I fly, or are they plotted at the start, meaning that the longer I fly for, the less chance there is of an encounter?

2) What does the "Junk Flight Distance" do? There is already a range for flight deletion so not sure what this is controlling.

3) What is the relation between "Flight Opposition Odds" and "Max Opposition Flights".
For example, what would happen if I set the former to 100, but the latter to 0?
Or, if Flight opposition odds were set high, and max number of opposing flights was set low would that have the effect of putting more A/C into each enemy flight to try to fulfil both requirements, etc.

#166 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 01 August 2015 - 19:42

All RoF missions are preplanned, PWCG or otherwise.  So the flights in the mission are set from the beginning.  What I invented for PWCG are "virtual flights"..  The flights are a series of moving check zones that emulate a real flight going about its business.  They spawn into a real flight when you or any enemy flight gets close.  

Virtual flights allow me to put many more flights in the air than I would be able to otherwise.  Real flights take up a lot of CPU for the AI.  Virtual flights are just a series of moving check zones.  They only become real planes when you get close.

So ... to answer your question - maybe.  I do not spawn virtual flights across the front.  They are more or less within your mission radius.  However, by no means are they all on your flight path, so straying might lead to an encounter..  Straying way out probably will not result in anything. 

#167 Logeman

Logeman

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:12

After is have submitted the report, the i can't start the debrief, is just stays empty

#168 SiPinto

SiPinto

Posted 29 March 2017 - 13:07

Hi, I have a couple of questions on PWCG if you don't mind.

1) Is the link on the PWCG website the most up-to-date version?

2) Roughly what size is the PWCG download?

3) With regards to density settings. If I'm flying fighters. What density settings work best so that your likely to meet hostile aircraft on just about every mission.....without being swamped?

Thanks

Sipinto

#169 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 29 March 2017 - 16:12

The PWCG web site is up to date.  I have not uploaded a new version in awhile.

The PWCG download is ... about 100 MB ... I think.  Not very big by today's standards.

On Low I see action about 70% of the time.  I think on medium it would approach 100%.  What does or does not swamp a system will be different on every computer.

#170 SiPinto

SiPinto

Posted 29 March 2017 - 18:32

Great stuff. Thanks for the information.

The 100mb is for the main file I'm assuming and not including the skins which the website says are 3GB.

Thanks again

#171 Jellybeantiger

Jellybeantiger

Posted 19 September 2017 - 13:19

I start this and it only allows me to exit.

I enabled logging in the cfg..

None of the buttons work except Exit.

#172 Jellybeantiger

Jellybeantiger

Posted 19 September 2017 - 13:34

Got it to work.

Where does the music install too?

Also the skins?

#173 RoclorD

RoclorD

Posted 19 September 2017 - 14:48

All skins goes to: Rise of Flight\data\graphics\Skins

"Don't read history - make it" - Knights of the Sky

#174 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 23 September 2017 - 14:52

I start this and it only allows me to exit.

I enabled logging in the cfg..

None of the buttons work except Exit.

There is one other button that works: planes owned.  You have to tell PWCG which planes you own.

#175 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 23 September 2017 - 16:18

All skins goes to: Rise of Flight\data\graphics\Skins

Or, more explicitly, to Rise of Flight\data\graphics\Skins\<plane type folder> - depending on what plane the skins are for.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#176 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Posted 07 December 2017 - 21:27

http://www.mediafire.../view/yugmiy81j … mpaign.pdf

Hi Husar,

Do you still have a link or this PDF file for Coop missions with PWCG.

We are looking to do specific missions for our weekdays practice.

Cheers,

GenMarkof ;)

#177 mickmannock

mickmannock

Posted 13 January 2018 - 19:32

Hi I have a question regarding pwcg skins. I have installed pwcg and in putting skins in place it asks me if I want to overwrite existing file with same name. So should I say yes ? And if so what is the difference between old and pwcg replacements.if they are the same files then why make a new 1?
I see that the pwcg folder has many more files than what's already there so What would happen if I didn't overwrite but only put in the extra files that came in the pwcg folder. And also what would happen if I didn't put any pwcg skins in at all ? Just wondering what the difference is functionality wise .not got the pwcg prog working yet but really looking forward to it.

#178 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 13 January 2018 - 21:38

Hi I have a question regarding pwcg skins. I have installed pwcg and in putting skins in place it asks me if I want to overwrite existing file with same name. So should I say yes ? And if so what is the difference between old and pwcg replacements.if they are the same files then why make a new 1?
I see that the pwcg folder has many more files than what's already there so What would happen if I didn't overwrite but only put in the extra files that came in the pwcg folder. And also what would happen if I didn't put any pwcg skins in at all ? Just wondering what the difference is functionality wise .not got the pwcg prog working yet but really looking forward to it.

Presume the existing skins you have in there already that its wanting to overwrite are from the Official and Community Skin Pack installers?

There would be no problem choosing to not overwrite the existing skins and only getting the non-existing ones. Maybe some skins have been updated (sorting graphical or historical errors) though nothing drastic between the two should that be the case.1 And the skins that are in the PWCG skin packs are in the end just skins, there's nothing special been done to them compared to those existing ones in order to make them usable in PWCG. So overwrite or do not overwrite what ever does not matter.

Also as to what would happen should there not be an skin existing in your game that PWCG expects to exist. Then I believe the same thing happens as when online and you do not have an skin that someone else is using. You just get given the games default skin for the plane instead. Again no problem, no errors or anything, although some strangeness might be possible for example in seeing an Sopwith Strutter equipped French squadron flying around in British colours (default skin) rather than French ones (custom skins added through packs).

Spoiler

#179 mickmannock

mickmannock

Posted 13 January 2018 - 21:47

Thanks Oliver that really helps me with this. From a moment I was thinking that I might be deleting a wanted skin by overwriting with the pwcg skins. Can't wait to get this running now .happy flying !

#180 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:07

Thanks Oliver that really helps me with this. From a moment I was thinking that I might be deleting a wanted skin by overwriting with the pwcg skins. Can't wait to get this running now .happy flying !

The PWCG packs tends to have much of the same skins that the Official and Comminty packs provide you, plus some extras, so yeah should be no worries about that.

#181 RoclorD

RoclorD

Posted 22 March 2018 - 23:10

Is it normal that PWCG Skin Report says I have 2000 skins missing even though I have installed PWCG skins?

"Don't read history - make it" - Knights of the Sky

#182 Sabre

Sabre

Posted 28 August 2018 - 20:28

Pat, I have one question.
I know how to assign personalised skins to my squadron comrades.

This is what I'm looking for. I don't know how to assign personalized skins to my squadron comrades. I downloaded and installed all the skins from PW's site. So how do you assign them?

Thanks,

#183 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 29 August 2018 - 19:25

When you've created a pilot career in the main menu go to 'skin assignment'. If there are skins available to assign you can click on a pilot and add a skin. That will now stay with that pilot until he's dead/transferred or the skin selection changes, for example the German crosses changing around April '18. In the first instance look in the 'squadron'option. Hope that helps?

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#184 Sabre

Sabre

Posted 31 August 2018 - 12:07

Is it normal that PWCG Skin Report says I have 2000 skins missing even though I have installed PWCG skins?

I think I saw the same.

#185 Sabre

Sabre

Posted 01 September 2018 - 16:04

When you've created a pilot career in the main menu go to 'skin assignment'. If there are skins available to assign you can click on a pilot and add a skin. That will now stay with that pilot until he's dead/transferred or the skin selection changes, for example the German crosses changing around April '18. In the first instance look in the 'squadron'option. Hope that helps?

Skin assignment is not available in PWCG v16.3.1, is it?

I can't find it there where it was in unified version v3.3.2

Thanks.

#186 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 02 September 2018 - 10:45

It is in the 16.3.1 as I did give my own pilot and jasta members there own specific skin. As for a sample I selected this skin in PWCG as been seen on this topic, https://riseofflight...s-here/page-141
Did you download the skinpacks ?
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#187 Sabre

Sabre

Posted 02 September 2018 - 15:31

It is in the 16.3.1 as I did give my own pilot and jasta members there own specific skin. As for a sample I selected this skin in PWCG as been seen on this topic, https://riseofflight...s-here/page-141
Did you download the skinpacks ?

Of course I did, but I can't find the button to assign skins to my squad. I had it in the unified version. Where specifically do you do that in 16.3.1?

Thanks,

#188 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 02 September 2018 - 17:12

when selecting the pilot in your squad, go to the left and below. click on the plane and you are in the skin selection. This will work on every pilot include your self, only not for an ace.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#189 Alembic

Alembic

Posted 30 December 2019 - 22:23

I keep getting  the error  " can't load object(s)" LuaScripts\WorldObjects\platoonde.txt  If I scrub the mission then create a new mission I don't get the error but after generating a mission or two I get the error sometimes it is "platoonde.txt" and other times it is "platoonfr.txt" am flying Jasta 11 spring 1917 for the campaign. any help would be greatly appreciated 

#190 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 31 December 2019 - 20:09

I'll quote Panthercules:

I'm pretty sure that the problem is that you do not have the "moving soldiers" mod installed (or maybe you have it installed but are not running with "mods on").  You can find a link to the mod on my page here (look for the package labeled "Moving Soldiers_Package_2v4 (SYN_Vander)"):  https://riseofflight...favorite-mods/ 

#191 Barkmann7

Barkmann7

Posted 31 December 2019 - 22:03

Same problem here. I keep getting a "Can't load object" LuaScripts\WorldObjects\platoonde.txt, or platoonen, or any other nation variation. Thing is, I already have the necessary mods for PWCG, or the mods that I thought were required. I have the Moving Soldiers Package, Ships Package, Soldiers Package, Static Objects Package, Vehicles Package, Stactic Effects and Stactic Planes, all running on JSGME version 2.6.0. This is getting quite annoying by now. I also can't really see the effects of the Static Planes mod, by the way. I assume it's supposed to make landed aircraft appear on nearby aerodromes,but such effect is non existing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Nick

#192 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 31 December 2019 - 22:24

Also check this thread: https://riseofflight...d-object-error/

#193 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:47

I also can't really see the effects of the Static Planes mod, by the way. I assume it's supposed to make landed aircraft appear on nearby aerodromes,but such effect is non existing.

Basically, it just puts some static (non-AI) aircraft near the hangars on some of the aerodromes so things don't look so empty (and so they won't tax the game/system like using AI aircraft would).

If you're not seeing the effects of such mod(s) and/or getting these error messages, I'd strongly suggest that you double-check the folder structure of the suspect mods in your MODS folder - we've seen a lot of such problems caused by errors made during the unzipping process that have resulted (for example) in having nested "data" folders or similar problems with the folder structure.  Obviously, if the folder structure of the mod package isn't exactly right, JSGME won't put the files in the right place and the game won't see or use them.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#194 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 01 January 2020 - 17:22

Good advice from Pantherhercules.  

#195 Barkmann7

Barkmann7

Posted 03 January 2020 - 04:33

Basically, it just puts some static (non-AI) aircraft near the hangars on some of the aerodromes so things don't look so empty (and so they won't tax the game/system like using AI aircraft would).

If you're not seeing the effects of such mod(s) and/or getting these error messages, I'd strongly suggest that you double-check the folder structure of the suspect mods in your MODS folder - we've seen a lot of such problems caused by errors made during the unzipping process that have resulted (for example) in having nested "data" folders or similar problems with the folder structure.  Obviously, if the folder structure of the mod package isn't exactly right, JSGME won't put the files in the right place and the game won't see or use them.

Thanks for the response!

Well, I assume that most mods, or some of them, at least, are functional, since I've noticed differences between the vanilla game and the modded one. I've tried to follow certain instructions I found here on the forums in order to install the mods, which means the MODS folder for JSGME is placed on the RoF root directory. How would a correct mod installation be? 

Sorry for the trouble.

Nick

#196 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 03 January 2020 - 05:37

Thanks for the response!

Well, I assume that most mods, or some of them, at least, are functional, since I've noticed differences between the vanilla game and the modded one. I've tried to follow certain instructions I found here on the forums in order to install the mods, which means the MODS folder for JSGME is placed on the RoF root directory. How would a correct mod installation be? 

Sorry for the trouble.

Nick

It's not so much that the MODS folder itself would be in the wrong place (though of course if it were, that would cause big problems with every mod), but rather that the folder structure in a particular mod package in that MODS folder might be wrong.

For example, the mod package for the "Moving Soldiers_Package_2v4 for JSGME" mod, which should be located in the MODS folder in the main RoF folder, should be structured as follows:

Moving Soldiers_Package_2v4 for JSGME

Data

Graphics

preview

platoonde.jpg

platoonde02.jpg

[and 7 other .jpg files]

textures

common

infantryfr.dds

vehicles

platoon

platoonde.txt

[and 44 other files]

luascripts

worldobjects

platoonde.txt

[and 8 other files]    

missions

Mods

Soldiers2.eng

[and 7 other files]

If yours doesn't look like the above, something probably went wrong during the package creation and/or unzipping process.

#197 Barkmann7

Barkmann7

Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:45

It's not soi much that the MODS folder itself would be in the wrong place (though of course if it were, that would cause big problems with every mod), but rather that the folder structure in a particular mod package in that MODS folder might be wrong.

For example, the mod package for the "Moving Soldiers_Package_2v4 for JSGME" mod, which should be located in the MODS folder in the main RoF folder, should be structured as follows:

Moving Soldiers_Package_2v4 for JSGME

Data

Graphics

preview

platoonde.jpg

platoonde02.jpg

[and 7 other .jpg files]

textures

common

infantryfr.dds

vehicles

platoon

platoonde.txt

[and 44 other files]

luascripts

worldobjects

platoonde.txt

[and 8 other files]    

missions

Mods

Soldiers2.eng

[and 7 other files]

If yours doesn't look like the above, something probably went wrong during the package creation and/or unzipping process.

Yep, something definitely went wrong during the unzipping process. I re-downloaded the Moving Soldiers and the Static Planes mods, and they are now working, so thank you so much! Glad I can enjoy PWCG now.

The game did crash, however, during my test mission, but I guess that's on my not-so-great computer. 

Thank you so much again

Nick

[EDIT] I received a "Out of buffer memory" message, or something like that... Is there a way to fix this?

Edited by Barkmann7, 03 January 2020 - 07:24.

#198 coachtrox

coachtrox

Posted 04 January 2020 - 16:16

Mine looks correct...how do I know that RoF is using/accessing the mods?

#199 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 04 January 2020 - 18:50

Mine looks correct...how do I know that RoF is using/accessing the mods?

For one thing, make sure you have "mods on" ticked in your game settings.

It's been a while since I flew RoF (doing all my flying in VR, whenever I have time to fly), so I don't remember what the best way to see these files in action during actual missions might be, but if you're flying missions in PWCG and are not getting error messages about not being able to load certain files, then RoF is probably using the files.

#200 coachtrox

coachtrox

Posted 05 January 2020 - 00:09

Where/Which 'settings' section contains the 'mods on' tick box? I cannot find it anywhere...probably as clear as the nose on my face, though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users