Photo
- - - - -

Assigning USB Joystick IDs

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Armincles

Armincles

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:45

I have Win7 64 bit and currently operate with A Microsoft Sidewinder FFB2, currently joystick 0, Saitek pedals are Joystick 1, Saitek throttle Quadrant joystick 2.These were all connected in that order and are used in my Settings in ROF.
Now I want to add another joystick, a Microsoft precision pro ,but instead of listing it as joystick 3,it takes the place of joystick 1, which would mean that I have to adjust all my settings in ROF.
Is there a way to assign the numbers manually in ROF?
It would save me a great deal of work.I have also tried "joyID"but it does not seam to work.

8-)

#2 HippyDruid

HippyDruid

Posted 09 February 2013 - 13:36

You need JoyIDs Utility. It will enable you to assign your controllers to whatever joyID you like.
It's very handy in these sorts of situations.

You will be able to download the utility at the link below
http://www.wingmante...#JoyIDs_Utility" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.wingmante...om/latest_softw … Ds_Utility

:)

#3 Laser

Laser

Posted 09 February 2013 - 13:42

Devices and Printers -> Right click on any game controller, and set as preferred device your Sidewinder FFB2. This should move it to 'first' again. I don't know what happens with the other numbers, but you may be lucky.

Attached File  gamecontrollers.jpg   97KB   2113 downloads

#4 HippyDruid

HippyDruid

Posted 09 February 2013 - 13:54

Edit: Nevermind, you already tried it! I should go to bed! :S!:

#5 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 09 February 2013 - 16:28

Few days ago I had a similar problem with my rudder pedals. They were being registered as Joy1, before my Warthog.
Windows seems to organize joysticks using the PID number, but I don't know why my rudders started to be seen as #1.
I don't know if it was only luck or what, but here is what I did (note: I'm on Windows 8).
You may try this as a "last resource" if everything else fails.

1. Remove all your joysticks (remove from CPanel and disconnect them from USB ports)
2. Copy (backup) the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaResources\Joystick
then delete it.
3. After step 2, reboot, and then start to add your joysticks back in the exact order that you want them to be. If using a USB hub, beware of the port numbers, too.

** Do this at your own risk. **
Important: Always make a backup of the registry before doing changes, in order to be able to go back if something goes wrong.

#6 Armincles

Armincles

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:10

Thanks Guys, Ive tried a lot of things ,it seems to me that because the joysticks are from the same manufacturer Microsoft Sidewinder, only difference that one is the FFB2 and the other the Precision pro.It does not matter in which order I plug them in, thea are always 1 and 2.
Joyid Ive tried but it does not seem to work,am I doing something wrong? I got Win 7 64 Bit.
The registry joystick entries I have also erased, but it did not change.

#7 =69.GIAP=STENKA

=69.GIAP=STENKA

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:03

I've been using multiple controllers on Vista 64 then W7 64 for years and have never managed to reassign the USB ids.

It doesn't matter what order you plug them in, the priority is hardcoded into the controller.

Under Windows 98 there was a way to change the order and programs like Joyid exploited this. If you look at the Joyid executables they were last compiled in 2004. They will probably work with Win 98 and might just work with XP but if you can actualy make it work on W7 please post up here and say how.

It is quicker to remap your controls. At least ROF will handle 5 and maby more controllers. With older software like IL2 you are limited to 3 analog and 4 digital controllers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users