Photo
- - - - -

Help Request: Looking for info on the British N.17

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#81 rOEN911

rOEN911

Posted 19 February 2013 - 20:42

i want to see the big spinner on this one ;)

#82 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 19 February 2013 - 21:13

i want to see the big spinner on this one ;)

Yes, I think that the team should make the spinner part of a British N17 field mod, in the ROF store.

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#83 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 19 February 2013 - 21:40

It wasn't a spinner. It didn't spin.

It was called a cone de penetration (pardon my French) and was attached to the stationary crankshaft. Some Nieuport 17s had 'em, most didn't (Albert Ball's clearly did and he took it home as a souvenir when he left 60 squadron).

Interesting discussion of it here: http://www.theaerodr..." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theaerodr...com/forum/aircr … ation.html

#84 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 19 February 2013 - 22:03

It wasn't a spinner. It didn't spin.

It was called a cone de penetration (pardon my French) and was attached to the stationary crankshaft. Some Nieuport 17s had 'em, most didn't (Albert Ball's clearly did and he took it home as a souvenir when he left 60 squadron).

Interesting discussion of it here: http://www.theaerodr..." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theaerodr...com/forum/aircr … ation.html

Very nice info, HotTom. Well, then the ROF team should consider making the cone of penetration as part of a field mod for the British N17, in the ROF store.

#85 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 19 February 2013 - 22:14

I hope it comes as a removable option then.. I think it spoils the look of a beautiful machine

#86 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 19 February 2013 - 22:21

I hope it comes as a removable option then.. I think it spoils the look of a beautiful machine

Yes, that is exactly what I mean, Trooper. I suggest that the team consider the cone of penetration as part of a British N17 field mod, for purchase in the ROF store, not as part of what comes standard with the British N17 add-on. Like any field mod, you would be able to check what you want and leave off what you do not want.

#87 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 19 February 2013 - 22:32

Yes, that is exactly what I mean, Trooper. I suggest that the team consider the cone of penetration as part of a British N17 field mod, for purchase in the ROF store, not as part of what comes standard with the British N17 add-on. Like any field mod, you would be able to check what you want and leave off what you do not want.

If the team does make the cone of penetration a field mod, they may wish to consider one day making a personalization mod for cones of penetration, radiator covers, (for the 150 SPAD VII, for instance) and the like; so players can colorize or otherwise individualize their cones of penetration, radiator covers, and the like, in mods off.

#88 Raine

Raine

Posted 20 February 2013 - 23:49

Here is a pic of Bishop's spinner, a little worse for wear. It looks like it began life as a colander in the mess.

Attached Files

#89 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 21:18

Sorry to post here, I know it's not the right place but the RFC Nieuport 17 topic got locked.

Just wanting to know, if possible, if the current existing weapons mods for the Nieuport 17 will also be available for the RFC Noop 17? I'm talking about the possibitly to mount a double overwing Lewis, or some fusées Le Prieur?

#90 Mogster

Mogster

Posted 04 March 2013 - 17:25

Has an information thread been started yet for the 1 1/2 Strutter for images and tables? Looking for same for the Roland C2a and the Halb d2 as well.

The dev's only tend to appeal for info if they think they don't have enough.

Anyone can start threads in the FM section though :lol:

#91 BillyKid

BillyKid

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:31

Thanks Mogster, Jason had mentioned it on page 6 of this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users