- - - - -

QF 1 pounder / Maxim Flak measurements/dimensions

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:19

Posted this elsewhere, think in the drifter thread, but profiles are so nice to work from, and this has a scale!

#42 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:26

Didn't see it before, that will help me greatly :D (and will make it harder to procrastinate ;))

Btw, preview of the drum version of the (army) M-Flak:

It is basically ready for inclusion, just need to update the LODs and double-check things.

Unless somebody finds some issues I need to correct :)

#43 N28_Uberplane

N28_Uberplane

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:58

Yeah, Imp. Found one.

Your soldiers are wearing tights.

=IRFC=

#44 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:05

That's because they are Batman and Robin in disguise.

Those are the official soldier models btw :P

#45 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:49

Very very cool!
"There will be honor enough for us all."

#46 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy

Posted 23 September 2013 - 17:01

Yeah, Imp. Found one.

Look up the word puttee. Most soldiers used them in WWI, but think the Germans either didn't use them, or phased them out as the war progressed. No mention of puttee-use by the Germans in the Wiki… :roll:

Somebody must be a puttee expert around here… :lol:

Looks like I'll step up the plate then War time changes to German uniform.
This Prussian soldier is somewhere near the front lines, but not too near or he would be carrying a gas mask in an airtight metal can. He is wearing the feldmütze, with the canvas camouflage strip, the 1915 Transitional tunic, and ankle boots with Gamaschen (Puttees). Leather for boots was in short supply to the German army. Soldiers were paid a bounty if they provided their own boots, which were usually lace up ankle boots, as illustrated here. Most storm trooper units wore this style boot in place of the clumsy jackboots.

#47 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 23 September 2013 - 20:35

I can clearly remember a picture of a circa 1935 Reichswehr exercise with soldiers throwing grenades and wearing putees but I cant find it right now :/ doesnt really prove anything though.

#48 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 23 September 2013 - 22:46

Looks like those putees were used as far as WWII,by the japanese and italians.

#49 Branwell

Branwell

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:20

Looks like those putees were used as far as WWII,by the japanese and italians.

The British Army wore puttees all the way into the 1980s, but they were worn wrapped around the top of the boot, rather than up the leg… They were worn that way by WW2 - not sure when they stopped wearing them the up-the-leg WW1 way.

Edit: oh, and great models, by the way!! Really exciting stuff. Anyone got any updates on the various trench mods that were being made? Both more realistic layout and more 3D projects were being worked on. Posting from my phone rather than PC, so will try and add links to relevant threads later..

Edit again:

3D Trenches thread - Project - Trenches

Realistic layout thread (later on in the posts): Modded map

#50 redcoat22

redcoat22

Posted 24 September 2013 - 17:48

Yeah, Imp. Found one.

Look up the word puttee. Most soldiers used them in WWI, but think the Germans either didn't use them, or phased them out as the war progressed. No mention of puttee-use by the Germans in the Wiki… :roll:

Somebody must be a puttee expert around here… :lol:

Looks like I'll step up the plate then War time changes to German uniform.
This Prussian soldier is somewhere near the front lines, but not too near or he would be carrying a gas mask in an airtight metal can. He is wearing the feldmütze, with the canvas camouflage strip, the 1915 Transitional tunic, and ankle boots with Gamaschen (Puttees). Leather for boots was in short supply to the German army. Soldiers were paid a bounty if they provided their own boots, which were usually lace up ankle boots, as illustrated here. Most storm trooper units wore this style boot in place of the clumsy jackboots.

By the end of the war all of the Armies wore Puttees. The brown "jack boots" that the Germans wore at the start of the war were gradually phased out (though exceptions can always be seen). Ironically, the Germans went through the same process during WWII as they started the war wearing jack boots (MarschSteffel SP) and eventually moved towards "gemaschen" SP (puttees/gaiters).

Yes, I know I misspelled almost all of those German words but you get the point.

#51 ParachuteProne

ParachuteProne

Posted 01 December 2013 - 14:24

Didn't see it before, that will help me greatly :D (and will make it harder to procrastinate ;))

It is basically ready for inclusion, just need to update the LODs and double-check things.

Love it !! Is this the gun the British called "Flaming Onions" ? and if so will you be able
to do the large glowing tracers that the pilots hated so much or are tracers hard coded ?

#52 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 01 December 2013 - 16:42

Love it !! Is this the gun the British called "Flaming Onions" ? and if so will you be able
to do the large glowing tracers that the pilots hated so much or are tracers hard coded ?

Thanks for the compliments :) Yes, it is the gun that fired the flaming onions, and yes and no about the tracers, the real one fired tracer shells only while ours only fires tracers on every second round for performance reasons - at least that is the reason the developers have provided, I have not tested it.

I believe the real flaming onion had had a certain white-green glow while our Maxim gun in ROF fires "regular" yellow tracers iirc.

The same gun, but with a smaller rectangular ammo box, has been part of the game for some time now, but I believe it is not used in career mode, only in custom missions.

Also thanks to remind me that I have yet to complete everything I ment to do and submit everything, I got sidetracked yet again :oops:

:roll:

#53 ParachuteProne

ParachuteProne

Posted 01 December 2013 - 17:38

Great!! Seeing the large glowing tracers coming up at you will really liven things up :)
Can't wait !

Don't think I've seen anything like it in PWCG yet ?

#54 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:47

I dunno if Pat included them, you have to ask him - maybe make a request to use it.

About the (Belgian) 1 pounder, despite the great pictures Gunsmith86 scanned for me there are still some areas of the lafette that are hard to see or undocumented, specifically the area below the gun and behind the shield.

The naval one is of course quite well documented but we don't need it on the western front.

#55 Gunsmith86

Gunsmith86

Posted 14 June 2014 - 15:57

Maxim Flak in action:

http://www.filmportal.de/video/flakschule-in-blankenberghe

more:
http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=346&t=41683

#56 Gunsmith86

Gunsmith86

Posted 26 June 2014 - 21:00

#57 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:49

Nice pics, haven't seen them before.

The top one looks like a naval mount improvised onto a carriage; why not? Given the contextual appearance of a "used car lot", perhaps it was taken after the war?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users