- - - - -

All Discussion of Sound Bug goes here.

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#121 El_Marta

El_Marta

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:20

@TX_EcoDragon

I have the same experiences with my Sidewinder FFB2. Sometimes it becomes very stiff.
I did have this before the patch though.

Do you use any third party software to program the stick? I use pinnacle game profiler.

#122 iowa-1966

iowa-1966

Posted 19 January 2013 - 14:19

I thought I wasthe only one or it was my board. I didnt dare post aything as I would hear some crap about it from some demi god. I tried two different sidewinders in game and had problems with them both. I use W7- 64 I do not use any other programs as the signed drivers archived in windows is sufficient. They know its their 1.029- so ?

Sean M

#123 El_Marta

El_Marta

Posted 19 January 2013 - 18:20

No we certainly are not the only ones, but it is also not the only game. In Il2 1946 you lose FFB when you Alt- TAB out and into the game and in IL2 Cliffs off Dover it sometimes takes some strong manouvering to kick in at mission start. Somehow it seems to loose focus.

Whether that is due to windows 7 or the simulation software I do not know, but for my gusto it is a glitch I can live with. Of course it would be nice if it was non existent.
The sound bug is of another caliber though and nobody is denying this.

In ROF fiddling with the FFB strength in the options menu fixes the loss of FFB most of the times and it does not need a restart.

But I had this before 1.029.

#124 sniper_dog

sniper_dog

Posted 19 January 2013 - 20:56

Got the bug twice now, thought it was after I typed a message.

It does seem to be more prevalent when you fire your guns, and it truly does detract from my experience.

Things I notice it takes away are:
guns firing sound
wind in the wings
bullets coming at me
and numerous others.

#125 BB_Death

BB_Death

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:55

Don't usually have a prob with the sound bug, but today I had one that was different. I was flying the Fokker D.VIIF in new wings wargroungs, left the server, went to flying circus server and the sound of the Fokker D.VIIF follow me to the FC server. Had to quit the game and restart.

Hope this helps, got to get back to flying!!!

#126 TX-EcoDragon

TX-EcoDragon

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:27

@TX_EcoDragon

I have the same experiences with my Sidewinder FFB2. Sometimes it becomes very stiff.
I did have this before the patch though.

Do you use any third party software to program the stick? I use pinnacle game profiler.

I too have noticed the extra stiffness thing as well. Today my FFB started kicking and after alt-tabbing out of the sim and back in the stick thumping was gone but the centering forces were extra stiff and lower resolution than normal. I understand why FFB could be impacted by alt-tabbing, but the loss of pitch usually just happens after a map cycle, and normally I don't alt-tab.

Given that this isn't a sound issue, perhaps other people in this thread with the FFB issue should post over here: Lost FFB on Pitch Axis only but it's on when in menu

#127 Stick-95

Stick-95

Posted 20 January 2013 - 14:05

Given that this isn't a sound issue, perhaps other people in this thread with the FFB issue should post over here: Lost FFB on Pitch Axis only but it's on when in menu

I only brought up the FFB issue here because I seem to lose FFB at the time the sound bug appears. Didn't know if there was a correlation. Other than that FFB works great.

EDIT: It could be as simple as when the sound bug appears, there isn't any sound to create a force feedback from.

#128 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 20 January 2013 - 14:38

Losing FFB in the pitch axis predates 1.029. Usually alt-tabbing fixes it.

#129 Katsai

Katsai

Posted 23 January 2013 - 21:19

Any progress on the sound bug please?
It one month and counting..just saying

#130 SYN_Haashashin

SYN_Haashashin

Posted 23 January 2013 - 21:22

Katsai take a look here Wings Ripping Off Much Easier? look for Jason post.

#131 Kreny

Kreny

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:27

So Bug has been fixed, regarding to Jason's comment. Thanks God.
I wonder if there are any "lessons learned" for 777 regarding handling this bug with community

#132 Browning

Browning

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:50

I wonder if there are any "lessons learned" for 777 regarding handling this bug with community

Like what?

#133 ER_O_v._Kessler

ER_O_v._Kessler

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:53

At the Moment and AFTER the server-maintenance isn´t fixed anything.. :(

Spandau.. What else ?? :icon_mad:

#134 Laser

Laser

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:21

Do you expect the *server* maintenance to solve the sound bug on *your* computer? Only after RoF is updated to 1.029b, whenever that happens, can you expect the fix to work.

#135 s8n333x2

s8n333x2

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:41

you married? hmmm…bet your a bitter pill to swallow…so negative,it's like your trying to find something wrong so you can sling the devs :roll:

#136 iowa-1966

iowa-1966

Posted 24 January 2013 - 13:46

If this doesnt get the sound fixed- Sling them another complaint with the Better Business Bureau of southern California thats what their for.

#137 J5_Spyboy

J5_Spyboy

Posted 24 January 2013 - 14:33

Have you read the news part where they explain how difficult it has been to resolve this?
BTW what do you mean 'another complaint'? Thats unjustified IMHO!!

#138 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 24 January 2013 - 14:42

If this doesnt get the sound fixed- Sling them another complaint with the Better Business Bureau of southern California thats what their for.

eh, maybe check if it IS fixed first? Absolutely no point to your post.

#139 hoots2

hoots2

Posted 24 January 2013 - 14:46

Take no notice, knickers likes to remind folk he got his 6 quid pre order refunded. He's probably just cranky that rof is still going and they insist on fixing things :)

#140 J5_Spyboy

J5_Spyboy

Posted 24 January 2013 - 15:30

Well I just did MP on Flying Circus and its 'Welcome back ROF in all its glory'
Good job well done 777

#141 J5_Vorlander

J5_Vorlander

Posted 24 January 2013 - 20:04

Salute,

After the latest hotfix there are still some small sound bugs.
Flying on the channel map in D7F's you get sounds of birds in the cockpit. Few other pilots in D7F's had the same sound bug.

Ps. I did have a glass of wine before the sortie but this was sound of birds in ROF and not in my head.

:(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users