Photo
- - - - -

I think i found it ....(Soundbug)

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#161 dburne

dburne

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:19

Perhaps next time I can better stick it to myself because this grows out of proportion and I don't want to hurt the 777 guys with all these sometime,s overreacted negative responses .

i am sure that they going to work it out but fore now please close this section .

Thankyou .

I am fairly new to the sim, having it about 3 weeks now, and so far have not experienced this bug - only playing single player so far.
But obviously several are having it, and sounds like more since the last update. Seems to me your effort has certainly helped many, to at least maybe reduce the frequency of this bug, and make the sim more playable for them. And hopefully, gives the developers maybe a little more information as to help point towards the root cause.

I certainly have not seen, where deleting this file and letting it rebuild, has caused the problem to worsen for anyone.
I would say very well done, and I am sure there are many that are very appreciative of the info you have shared!

#162 charlo

charlo

Posted 05 January 2013 - 15:42

At the very least I'm saving some wear on my SSD by setting that sound file to read only. :S!:

Charlo
Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake OC @ 4.8 GHz | Corsair Hydro H70 CWCH70 CPU Cooler with two Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm fans | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO motherboard | EVGA Titan X Hybrid GPU | G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 32GB DDR4 3000 F4-3000C15Q-32GRK RAM | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD | CoolerMaster HAF 932 ATX Full Tower case |SeaSonic Snow Silent 750W Power Supply | Acer B6 Series B286HK ymjdpprz 28" 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) Monitor | Windows 10 Pro | CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Throttle Quadrant, CH Pro pedals, CH MFP, Track IR 5, Buttkicker Gamer 2 | ====== My original ROF rig (now used by visiting gunners): MacBook Pro Core2Duo 2.66 GHz | 8 GBs RAM | NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB GPU

#163 wiseblood

wiseblood

Posted 05 January 2013 - 16:18

I Really thought I found something that works and still I believe it works , I didn't realize there was so much negative input coming in relation to this subject .

My answer to VR-Stick is this , i did some editor work fore a certain ww2 RTS game and posted lots of new maps fore that community . We had some soundproblems and we found out that the txt file (sound) was causing problems .

I started using your fix as soon as it appeared. While it hasn't vanquished the issue entirely it has reduced the occurrence and severity of it - going from matter-of-time every run with any plane combination in any setting to very rarely and only with a lot of planes/plane types in very close proximity. I really have no interest in the weird bunfight the thread turned into either, but I would point out that the fix is roughly 1000000000000000000000 times more effective than every other weird shoot-in-the-dark "it's the felix!" "it's mp infecting sp!" "it's sound channels" "it's sound quality" thing people have come up with.

I'm using a via vinyl onboard sound thing (it's one of the better onboard sound chips) by the way. Have never had the sound bug up til this last patch.

#164 der_zahn

der_zahn

Posted 05 January 2013 - 16:49

You got your violent, name calling, back in the day I would have kicked your virtual butt, did a web search on you, post rant removed….intraweb toughsters… :lol:

I fixed my sound bug by turning down my volume.

#165 Fronk

Fronk

Posted 05 January 2013 - 18:26

it can't be that simple … i removed the sound file in the data folder .

Hi,

unfortunately it didnt work for me, but it was really worth the try, thank you anyway :S!:

Cheers

#166 slowboy1111

slowboy1111

Posted 05 January 2013 - 21:59

Try setting network to, incoming: 2mb/s , and outgoing: 1mb/s.
I always loose sound at the peak of dogfight activity. This seems to help. :?:

#167 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 05 January 2013 - 22:08

OK - I found the sound bug:

Too bad RoF's sound bug isn't as easy to squash as this one was :)

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#168 HotWaxtWeasel

HotWaxtWeasel

Posted 05 January 2013 - 22:31

Try setting network to, incoming: 2mb/s , and outgoing: 1mb/s.
I always loose sound at the peak of dogfight activity. This seems to help. :?:

This is a terrible idea because it will affect ROF updates and map loading.

Deleting files that you dont understand its purpose or function is not a solution either.

Jason, if you are reading any of these…a couple of things I noticed:

While flying in NW Wargrounds for about 20 mins problem free….and while nobody else had issues either, suddenly 75% of us on the server acknowledged that we had the sound problems all at the same time.

Reducing the amount of sound channels or the sound resolution does not seem to have effect on the file channel management when in multiplayer. I still get the frequent intermittant loss of sound channels with reduced settings.

Is it possible that there is a memory leak in the sound management? Like duplicate references to sound variables that exist already and therefore the sound becomes hit or miss as the sim stumbles over the correct sound channel variables? For example, when I hit the blip switch on my rotary powered plane, I noticed it is by pure chance that the sound comes back or not….but the longer I fly, the worse the situation gets. So I am thinking memory leak. Perhaps the server side has the sound variable memory leak and that explains why the first 20 mins are fine?

Clem

#169 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:04

I fly RoF quite well, sound or no sound. Admitadly it's better with sound. But till it's fixed, as it will be, life goes on. Perhaps a different game/sim for now would calm your nerves kimmy. High blood pressure over such as this is not a good thing.

So here's to a solution to our sound problems and to continued flying on RoF.

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#170 MarcoRossolini

MarcoRossolini
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:08

Kimmy,
You have said that the game is unplayable, well that's nothing new, a few people have said they will choose not to play until the bug is fixed, that's fair enough. All of what you have said has been brought up before. However your wording and attitude are the ones that we take issue with. They aren't to inform us but instead to make us angry, so that you can then turn around and go "oh woe is me, everyone on the forum is attacking me because I dared point out a few things. What a crap community Rise of Flight has."
What you have said is blatantly argumentative and unhelpful, you brought this upon yourself by your words.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users