169 replies to this topic

#81 Quax.

Quax.
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:24

it´s not working for me.

some facts on my side:

- bug does not show up in SP

- bug does not show up in MP duels ( 2 players on server )

- bug occurs on all maps, when there are more players.

- when the bug happens, i can carry it to SP.

#82 ER_O_v._Kessler

ER_O_v._Kessler

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:37

observations from my side:
no bug in sp
more than 15 pilots on mp-server,
bug starts immediatly from the moment, anyone is flying felixtowe !!! or more than 2 2-seaters and bombers

Spandau.. What else ?? :icon_mad:

#83 =III=Flav

=III=Flav

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:39

Backup that file before you delete it.
Just in case.

#84 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:56

…bug starts immediatly from the moment, anyone is flying felixtowe !!! or more than 2 2-seaters and bombers
This is incorrect. I've been on several servers with several Felix's in the air, have flown several Felix's myself, and my squad mates and I have not experienced the bug, at least not right away. BUT eventually, after some time has passed such as a half-hour to an hour or more, the bug does arrive. Channel or Front maps, makes no difference.

There is some threshold event that is reached triggering a collapse of sound function. Whether this is the raw number of airplanes in the sky (unlikely), the number of different airplanes in the sky (as well as ground and sea objects) and thus the total number of different sounds the client-side has to keep track of (more likely), some sound file interaction, or…, I do not know.

In my experience flying with several people on Teamspeak almost always they get the bug at different times, so the threshold is reached on an individual's system, not an absolute number of airplanes in the sky.

I hesitate to mention, as this is anecdotal and may be a complete red herring, but yesterday on SYN server four of us were flying together on the 'old' map, all experienced a 'hang' of RoF lasting about a second, then all of us got the sound bug within a few minutes of each other.

As mentioned, this log file is only a symptom.

#85 3instein

3instein

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:10

I must admit I was leaning towards the Felixtowe
As I mostly SP I had never encountered this till I flew the Felix on the old map as I hadn't the new one yet
Even when game was patched
Now with the new map it happens whatever plane on either map
Tried deleting sound file (14mb) still happens
It is quite strange the sounds you hear all at once. :(
Mick.

#86 ER_O_v._Kessler

ER_O_v._Kessler

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:35

…bug starts immediatly from the moment, anyone is flying felixtowe !!! or more than 2 2-seaters and bombers
This is incorrect. I've been on several servers with several Felix's in the air, have flown several Felix's myself, and my squad mates and I have not experienced the bug, at least not right away. BUT eventually, after some time has passed such as a half-hour to an hour or more, the bug does arrive. Channel or Front maps, makes no difference.

There is some threshold event that is reached triggering a collapse of sound function. Whether this is the raw number of airplanes in the sky (unlikely), the number of different airplanes in the sky (as well as ground and sea objects) and thus the total number of different sounds the client-side has to keep track of (more likely), some sound file interaction, or…, I do not know.

In my experience flying with several people on Teamspeak almost always they get the bug at different times, so the threshold is reached on an individual's system, not an absolute number of airplanes in the sky.

I hesitate to mention, as this is anecdotal and may be a complete red herring, but yesterday on SYN server four of us were flying together on the 'old' map, all experienced a 'hang' of RoF lasting about a second, then all of us got the sound bug within a few minutes of each other.

As mentioned, this log file is only a symptom.

ok bandy, but please explain me, why i have this bug JUST AT THE MOMENT when felix or 2 seaters and bombers are flying.. i cant beleive that we all have the same problem by several symptoms

#87 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:05

And making the file 'Read Only' does nothing. I renamed, opened RoF, closed and made 'Read Only' the new sound file. The new version has already ballooned up over 21 MB in about 15 minutes of MP on 'Circus' server (NO FELIX OR 2-ENGINES PRESENT!!!). The old file was 10 MB…

@ Otto:
Pure coincidence, or some combination of your sound settings making it more prone to the bug than others.
"JUST AT THE MOMENT" for you is not the experience of everyone I fly with. The bug happened to me several times just after respawn, and no Felix or two engine bomber was near me.

I do not argue with you that it is somehow related to the number of different airplanes, more likely total different sounds and/or some interaction of these sound files, but it is not tied to a type of airplane AFAIK.

SP missions usually have a limited number of planes and types of planes, so could explain why they generally are less likely to have the bug, though someone posted that once they had it after a MP session, they had it in SP after…

A small portion of the new log below. I did not have the bug during this MP session, but was only flying for 15 min. Perhaps a build up of these errors?
> PLAY sound object: SND_MUSIC. This is LuaScripts\Interface.cfg (0x4aa6968)
:: Activating sound: 'SND_MUSIC'. Channels count 1. (#4)
… Getting new event for channel 0: 'SND_MUSIC' (main/main/Effects/Music_01). PTR = 0x5c00001 (#4)
:: Activating sound: 'SND_MUSIC'. Channels count 1. (#5)
… Getting new event for channel 0: 'SND_MUSIC' (main/main/Effects/Music_02). PTR = 0x0 (#5)
ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'main/main/Effects/Music_02' (#5)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_EVENTSTARTED' for sound 'SND_MUSIC' (#4)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_SOUNDDEF_INFO' for sound 'SND_MUSIC' (#4)
…SoundDef for sound /Music_01
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_SOUNDDEF_START' for sound 'SND_MUSIC' (#4)
…SoundDef for sound /Music_01; wave index 0
…SoundDef for sound /Voices1
…SoundDef for sound /Voices1; wave index 4
…SoundDef for sound /abm_airf1
…SoundDef for sound /abm_airf1; wave index 3
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_SOUNDDEF_END' for sound 'SND_MUSIC' (#4)
…SoundDef for sound /Music_01; wave index 0
…SoundDef for sound /abm_airf1; wave index 3
…SoundDef for sound /Voices1; wave index 4
:: Activating sound: 'SND_MUSIC'. Channels count 1. (#6)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_STOLEN' for sound 'SND_MUSIC' (#4)
!!!ERROR: Stolen event for sound: 'SND_MUSIC'
!!!ERROR: Reached sounds limit: 'main/main/Effects/Music_01' (max 1)

… Getting new event for channel 0: 'SND_MUSIC' (main/main/Effects/Music_01). PTR = 0x0 (#6)
ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'main/main/Effects/Music_01' (#6)
:: Activating sound: 'SND_MUSIC'. Channels count 1. (#7)
… Getting new event for channel 0: 'SND_MUSIC' (main/main/Effects/Music_02). PTR = 0x0 (#7)
ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'main/main/Effects/Music_02' (#7)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_EVENTFINISHED' for sound 'SND_MUSIC' (#4)

#88 HaJa

HaJa

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:10

I don´t have the sound bug as of yet but I play in SP mode.
However, I deleted the file and played one quick mission in the old map 3 vs 3 plus a Felix.
It went from 0 to 16 MB in that flight!

#89 =CfC=FatherTed

=CfC=FatherTed

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:30

FWIW:

I never knew such a bug existed until I patched up to 1.029. First got it on SP on Channel map (me in Pup v DII, no other planes involved). Since then I get it all the time to varying degrees.

#90 J5_Spyboy

J5_Spyboy

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:48

The bug did exist before the 1.029 patch, I thought it was just me, drop out mainly of gunsounds…
I deleted the file as indicated at the start of this thread, palyed 30mins on the 'Flying Circus' MP server and it was there but intermittent for me no gun sounds, engine there and not there also some sqawking like a badly tuned radio, or someone keying a microphone, so think the path has been shown to the bugs lair but we havent found it.

#91 Stez

Stez

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:48

I've NEVER flown online but my sound file is over 4mb. :shock:

#92 SYN_Skydance

SYN_Skydance

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:08

It seems that there are different triggers for the sound bug. The sound bug for me has only ever appeared after being shot at. I have never had total loss of sound with the bug. For me it just makes the engine sound run very quiet and sound effects will loop.

Just for information I did a clean install before applying 1.029 and I haven't run teamspeak.

#93 s8n333x2

s8n333x2

Posted 30 December 2012 - 13:26

Yea I never had the bug before the update but I always saw people talking about it in servers. Now I get it all the time. It seems sometimes it goes out and I can move throttle up and down and it will come back in certain positions and other times nothing helps. Really crazy. Guess i'll wait for the experts to find the problem. (shrugs)

#94 wrong_name_416

wrong_name_416

Posted 30 December 2012 - 13:47

Today a few rounds on the syndicate server +-60 minutes it was flawless fore me , put the old Txt file back in the folder just fore testing i had a back up off that file (+-178mb) , quess what? after 4 min the soundbug appears so thats prove fore me that it is 100% working .

And ofcourse sadly inough it don't work fore everybody but it is a step in the good direction if you aks me .

#95 arthursmedley

arthursmedley

Posted 30 December 2012 - 14:14

Was having the sound bug in both single player and (chronically) in multiplayer. Last night, after reading this thread, I deleted the sound file, all 178mb's worth! ran a quick mission for a few seconds to create a new one and then made the file read only.

Flew single player then four or five squad coops and multiplayer this morning. Have had no sound problems since and sound file is 117kb. Also, my squad mates had all taken the same action and no one had a problem with sounds.

#96 SrM

SrM

Posted 30 December 2012 - 15:49

I just started having that problem since the patch. Checked my data/_sound_.log file and its onl 52.5kb.

#97 VonVonVon

VonVonVon

Posted 30 December 2012 - 16:23

I've had the sound bug for over a year now, so I'd like to share my observations:

Before the latest update, the soundbug would appear:

- if I stayed on a server for too long (2 hours+)
- if I stayed connected during a map rotation
- if I switched views too often, between too many different planes and engines sounds
(it's like there was some sort of buffer that would get filled up with too much data)

After the latest update, the soundbug changed it's behavior:

- Verdun map - almost no sound bug if I don't switch views too often
- Lake map - soundbug occurring instantly and all the time, no matter what I do or don't do

There wasn't such a noticeable difference before the latest update, but it did happen more often
and more quickly on larger maps (with mud in the middle), than it would on the smaller maps.

#98 Badileus

Badileus

Posted 30 December 2012 - 16:49

Deleting the file didnt work for me at all. Sound is corrupted instantly when i start a game, both in MP and SP (since last patch). Until there is a real fix of this, i cant play anymore…

#99 Cellinsky

Cellinsky

Posted 30 December 2012 - 16:59

hi

Not having this bug before. Noticed the first time after the new patch and when online…
My _sound.log is around 8MB.

Maybe this is of value for the devs:

!!!ERROR: Stolen event for sound: 'SND_AMBIENT'
!!!ERROR: Reached sounds limit: 'main/main/Common/Ambient' (max 1)
… Getting new event for channel 0: 'SND_AMBIENT' (main/main/Common/Ambient). PTR = 0x0 (#1)
ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'main/main/Common/Ambient' (#1)

Happens 58 times and within the file for different soundfiles. Seems like some kind of buffer-overflow or something. I have a soundcard (Audigy) and samples on 32, quality med….
Cheers, Marcel

#100 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 30 December 2012 - 17:39

S!

Have looked at promblem versus symptom. As Vanderstock pointed out, the file is not just an error log but a log from initiation to end. The FMOD probably just needs to log errors. Then the file would be smaller. As is, it logs all calls for sound and all sound events. People have pointed out that for a text file anything over a few meg is very large for word pad to handle. When I try to open the file when it is at 10 meg or more, I get several seconds of delay. I realize FMOD is not useing word pad to actually write the logs. It merely transfers charachters or lines to a file.

Is it posible that the file size is not just the symptom but the problem?

Could a file which is normally under 1 meg get to be the problem if it gets too large? Could the FMOD engine have a problem when it tries to write a file to the log when the log is very large? The delay in handeling the file then causes delays in the sound engine creating erors?

That might explain why there is a temporary fix by deleting the file.

ok, I am not real computer literate. It was just a thought.

S!

sig9.png

#101 Quax.

Quax.
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2012 - 17:43

No temporary fix for me at all. The bug doesn´t change its behaviour a bit with this "fix".

I have had it the last year - it just became worse now with 1.029.

#102 PanzerUY

PanzerUY

Posted 30 December 2012 - 18:04

No temporary fix for me at all. The bug doesn´t change its behaviour a bit with this "fix".

I have had it the last year - it just became worse now with 1.029.

Same here, 8 pilots in the squadron.

1.029 = THE SOUND BUG for all!!

Need fix that! should be solved fast please!!

#103 stelr

stelr

Posted 30 December 2012 - 19:40

Ditto to what QUAX said above. I fly almost strictly online (~8 hrs per week). I renamed the old sound file (was only 506 kb) and then took the new one (6 kb) and set it to read only. Started the game; flew 1 misson; replaned in another aircraft (no Flex) and immediately lost all engine sounds.

Rebooted the game and then had intermittent sound problems for the next ~2 hrs.

My squadmate that did the same thing had sound issues all night.

Hope they fix it soon. Never knew how much I depended on sound to manage the engine vs looking at my instruments.

#104 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 30 December 2012 - 19:45

You've heard it and most likely do NOT want to hear it again, but they'll be on top of it first thing after "their" holidays. Money back garuntee? Sure but you wouldn't get much out of MY bank account. Till then, fly on. I flew for 2 hours last night with no sound to intermidiate sound to ODD sounds but I still bombed two sights.

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#105 Quax.

Quax.
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2012 - 20:18

Chief, the inputs here are just to inform them about the symptoms. We know, it´s the first thing they will take care of.

#106 JG1_Pragr_J4

JG1_Pragr_J4

Posted 30 December 2012 - 21:29

I don't know if enyone has had the same experience, but with new small sound.log I had no problem with soundbug even online on Syn server. But as I experienced 3-4 log out of server (hard to believe it has something to do with the read only sound.log) I turn the file back to write available (and no log out of server again).

Again no problem with sound bug untill the file size reached 20MB. Then suddenly the sound bug became common as usual with 1.029 patch.

#107 ZaltysZ

ZaltysZ

Posted 30 December 2012 - 21:41

Could a file which is normally under 1 meg get to be the problem if it gets too large? Could the FMOD engine have a problem when it tries to write a file to the log when the log is very large? The delay in handeling the file then causes delays in the sound engine creating erors?

It would be insanely stupid, if that was a case. Logging to file usually does not involve parsing/reading it. It simply requires opening the handle, querying the size, moving the pointer to the end (file size tells where the end is), and then simply appending the text. It shouldn't be a problem even if log file is 20 GB or so.

Now, my speculation. FMOD has a sound channel limit (128 is the max we can use in RoF). Every sound, which has to be played needs a separate sound channel. Once sound has been played (i.e. we cease to fire), its channel can be reused for playing other sound. If none of channels is free, FMOD 'steals' the channel with lowest priority and uses it. Priority can be determined automatically by using volume, position and etc., or decreased/increased by programmer. I think we have some sort of problem of wrong priorities, and simply get important sounds muted when channel limit is reached.

#108 arthursmedley

arthursmedley

Posted 30 December 2012 - 23:33

Sound bug back in MP tonight with a vengeance!!…..oh well, will await developments.

#109 Stick-95

Stick-95

Posted 30 December 2012 - 23:57

I seem to get the bug after using the blip switch and/or throttling back. Could be coincidence.

End of my Sound file from flight where it occurred:

- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts/45QF.cfg; used Sound Frames: 1000 (0x392f3ef0)
- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts/Cannon_Fire.cfg; used Sound Frames: 0 (0x392f1ce8)
- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts/45QF.cfg; used Sound Frames: 1000 (0x392f8300)
- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts/Cannon_Fire.cfg; used Sound Frames: 0 (0x392f60f8)
- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts/DH2.cfg; used Sound Frames: 3586 (0x392fc710)
- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts/BotSound.cfg; used Sound Frames: 0 (0x392fa508)
- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts/DH2.cfg; used Sound Frames: 3586 (0x39300b20)
- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts/BotSound.cfg; used Sound Frames: 0 (0x392fe918)
- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts/DH2.cfg; used Sound Frames: 3586 (0x39304f30)
- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts/BotSound.cfg; used Sound Frames: 0 (0x39302d28)
- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts/Leyland.cfg; used Sound Frames: 166 (0x39307138)
- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts/Leyland.cfg; used Sound Frames: 166 (0x39309340)
- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts/Leyland.cfg; used Sound Frames: 166 (0x3930b548)
- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts/Leyland.cfg; used Sound Frames: 166 (0x3930d750)
- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts/Leyland.cfg; used Sound Frames: 166 (0x3b1d1b30)
- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts/HP400_T1.cfg; used Sound Frames: 666 (0x4e256678)
- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts/FelixF2A_T3.cfg; used Sound Frames: 666 (0x4e258880)
- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts/HP400_T1.cfg; used Sound Frames: 666 (0x4e25aa88)
- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts/FelixF2A_T3.cfg; used Sound Frames: 666 (0x4e25cc90)
- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts/Se5a.cfg; used Sound Frames: 5252 (0x4e2610a0)
- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts/BotSound.cfg; used Sound Frames: 0 (0x4e25ee98)
- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts/AlbatrosD3.cfg; used Sound Frames: 4252 (0x4e2654b0)
- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts/BotSound.cfg; used Sound Frames: 0 (0x4e2632a8)
- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts/Ambients.cfg; used Sound Frames: 0 (0x29cf8f18)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_EVENTFINISHED' for sound 'INVALID' (#3)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_SOUNDDEF_END' for sound 'INVALID' (#3)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_EVENTFINISHED' for sound 'INVALID' (#4)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_SOUNDDEF_END' for sound 'INVALID' (#4)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_EVENTFINISHED' for sound 'INVALID' (#344)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_SOUNDDEF_END' for sound 'INVALID' (#344)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_EVENTFINISHED' for sound 'INVALID' (#345)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_SOUNDDEF_END' for sound 'INVALID' (#345)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_EVENTFINISHED' for sound 'INVALID' (#346)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_SOUNDDEF_END' for sound 'INVALID' (#346)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_SOUNDDEF_END' for sound 'INVALID' (#346)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_EVENTFINISHED' for sound 'INVALID' (#347)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_SOUNDDEF_END' for sound 'INVALID' (#347)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_SOUNDDEF_END' for sound 'INVALID' (#347)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_EVENTFINISHED' for sound 'INVALID' (#351)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_SOUNDDEF_END' for sound 'INVALID' (#351)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_SYNCPOINT' for sound 'INVALID' (#351)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_SOUNDDEF_END' for sound 'INVALID' (#351)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_EVENTFINISHED' for sound 'INVALID' (#352)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_SOUNDDEF_END' for sound 'INVALID' (#352)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_EVENTFINISHED' for sound 'INVALID' (#353)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_SOUNDDEF_END' for sound 'INVALID' (#353)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_EVENTFINISHED' for sound 'INVALID' (#478)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_SOUNDDEF_END' for sound 'INVALID' (#478)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_SOUNDDEF_END' for sound 'INVALID' (#478)
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_SOUNDDEF_END' for sound 'SND_CLICK1' (#568)
…SoundDef for sound /Click_03; wave index 0
@@@Callback 'FMOD_EVENT_CALLBACKTYPE_EVENTFINISHED' for sound 'SND_CLICK1' (#568)
|| DESTROY stopped sound 'SND_CLICK1'. This is Interface (#568)
- Sound object uninit: LuaScripts\Interface.cfg; used Sound Frames: 0 (0x26e598d8)
*** Sound manager uninit

#110 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy

Posted 31 December 2012 - 00:22

The devs will resolve it, no doubt, but the weight of accounts says this 'fix' is a red herring. It was good to explore, but stop trying to promote it as a panacea for this bug.

#111 jjgal

jjgal

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:13

work for me so far thanks a lot

#112 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:51

Finally finished updating my various alternate skin packs and stuff for the new update, and managed to actually fly my first session since the patch. I checked my sound.log file before starting, and noticed that it was empty and 0 KB in size (I've never experienced the sound bug before with my normal/production RoF installation). After reading this thread, I decided to mark that file read-only, and then flew some missions.

First, I flew a career mission in a new career I started for 1.029 - no sound or other problems.

Then I tried a QMB with the new F2A in a Scramble at Dover - no sound or other problems - a delightfully fun mission.

Then I decided to venture online for some MP testing, and found a few folks on a New Wings server running the Channel Map, so I logged in and flew an F2A from an Entente port. I spent about 40 minutes tooling around buzzing enemy ships, ports and airfields and shooting off an occasional flare, trying to attract some attention. Finally, someone wandered by and shot me down. No sound problems whatsoever up to that point.

HOWEVER, as soon as I logged back in for another flight on that server, my sounds were borked - they sounded a little odd on takeoff, and immediately after lifting off I switched to the gunner postions and had no MG cocking or firing sounds (they had worked just fine during my first, 40-minute mission on that server). When I quit out of that flight, I got the same strange old-sailing-ship creaking noises on the menu screens that I got before when I had the sound bug during some MP beta testing a while back.

Unfortunately, since I still had my sound.log file marked as read-only, it's still sitting empty at 0 KB and thus contains no useful info as to what might have gone wrong with the sounds (I've switched it back from read-only so next time maybe it will capture something useful).

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#113 wrong_name_416

wrong_name_416

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:00

The devs will resolve it, no doubt, but the weight of accounts says this 'fix' is a red herring. It was good to explore, but stop trying to promote it as a panacea for this bug.

Say what ? Stop trying to promote….we Only try something out and the result is that lots of people can fly this sim without sound issues in what you called a red herring!!

The devs will resolve it fore sure but guess what I pay 40 Euro fore 1 map and 1 plane , than I expect it will work , if not I feel free to fiddle around with some data until it works .

I think its helpful fore the devs to give each other info if it works ore not so please don't tell me what to do .

Thank you very much

Robin

#114 ER_O_v._Kessler

ER_O_v._Kessler

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:09

Say what ? Stop trying to promote….we Only try something out and the result is that lots of people can fly this sim without sound issues in what you called a red herring!!

The devs will resolve it fore sure but guess what I pay 40 Euro fore 1 map and 1 plane , than I expect it will work , if not I feel free to fiddle around with some data until it works .

I think its helpful fore the devs to give each other info if it works ore not so please don't tell me what to do .

Thank you very much

Robin

Be carful wiht your words robin, may youre will be the next bad guy and persona non grata after me :lol:

I triy another thing with the sound txt.file.
rightklick on it , open the characteristics ( properties), than klick advanced, and in the sqaure to compressing the file i put in the hook.
the file will be compressed from 27 mb to 8,3 mb and after 2,5 hrs online the file was been only 11,3 mb ..

#115 wrong_name_416

wrong_name_416

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:55

rgr Kessler i give it a try :S!:

#116 kimmy_yeager

kimmy_yeager

Posted 31 December 2012 - 21:33

I think that this is just another random 'fix' like all the others: turn sounds from High to Low, or Low to High, reduce number of sounds etc.

The fact that they are logging things like this is sloppy code. There is no reason to log errors on a clients PC unless a specific run time flag is set.

I'm sure they are 'hot on it'… a bug over two years old. With a player base already milked out of the majority of money to spend on planes, and newer games in dev.

Yeah…it'll get hit first thing Tuesday.

*REALLY*????? Have you guys never bought a game before?

#117 20mm

20mm

Posted 31 December 2012 - 22:31

Initially after updating to the latest version of the game there were no sound problems at all. Lately though I loose some sounds in every mission. I only play offline mainly in career mode. I have had sound problems like this in the past with this game, although they had seemed to be fixed, until now. My sound file is 34,925kb.

#118 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 31 December 2012 - 23:45

Flew another couple of career missions - no sound problems. Then flew a couple of QMBs with an F2A, and got the sound bug problems on my second QMB mission. First time I've had it in SP. Sound.log file went from 0 KB to 42+ MB, but first errors started apearing very early (after about 20-30 lines of entries).

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#119 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 01 January 2013 - 00:11

There is no reason to log errors on a clients PC unless a specific run time flag is set.

I'm glad that they do. I like to know what's going on inside my machine.

#120 kimmy_yeager

kimmy_yeager

Posted 01 January 2013 - 00:25

There is no reason to log errors on a clients PC unless a specific run time flag is set.

I'm glad that they do. I like to know what's going on inside my machine.

Good, the look at the log and tell us what the source of the sound bug is. Oh, wait YOU CAN'T.

Just because you are on the interwebz doesn't make you a programmer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users