Photo
- - - - -

Channel Patrol - Single Player Missions

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#41 AnKor85

AnKor85

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:50

You can't simply install in a new folder, you have to change the paths in the .list file.
I believe the .list file is not used for singleplayer missions and they can be moved freely. And localization files are looked up only by the mission name, not by contents of the list file.
At least I haven't seen any problems thus far.

#42 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:55

Okay cool.

Anyway, I have updated the description files for non-English languages. I'm not sure, but you may have to delete the mtreecache.* files in your \Data folder to see the change.

Attached File  Felixstowe Patrol Missions v8.zip   848.61KB   82 downloads

#43 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 29 December 2012 - 14:10

Nice mission. Unfortunately, the mission outcome report was weird.
I took off from Felixstowe, after 40 min or so I located what I think was a german sub. I didn't see any marks on it (neither on the ships I found while flying - weren't the cargo or battle ships supposed to use country flags?) but I suspected it was an enemy when he tried to dive as I flew over him. A quick turn and two bombs after, and he surfaced again, burning. He sank in less than a minute, diving vertically like a tower. The animation of the sub diving and surfacing (what are those "retractable masts" when he get to the surface?) and then finally sunking were amazing.
After this event, two W12 gave chase on me. I pointed home, exchanged some bullets and they ceased when I was near the british coast.
I landed at Felixstowe and the mission results showed that I sunk a ship, my pilot was captive and the plane was crashed. Huh?
Taking the weird result, I think it was an excellent mission. Will fly it again, for sure.

Kudos Vander.

#44 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 29 December 2012 - 14:41

Thanks Joker. It seems I may have to add influence areas to define what is friendly and what is enemy territory? Maybe you have to land extremely close to the coast?

#45 KAPAX1918

KAPAX1918

Posted 29 December 2012 - 17:07

Okay cool.

Anyway, I have updated the description files for non-English languages. I'm not sure, but you may have to delete the mtreecache.* files in your \Data folder to see the change.

Hi,

OK it is working correctly now. I had to delete all the mtreecache.* file of the Data Folder to have the correct display.

I put the solo missions (single player) in a special folder and I do not have problem. It is in reading the pathes of the list files that I asked myself about the different location. Till now,I had no problem changing the default dir of the missions.

Thanks for your efforts.

Happy 2013 !

#46 PhotoFactor

PhotoFactor

Posted 29 December 2012 - 17:27

Thanks for this! This should keep me busy until a channel career is released. Thanks again!

I know nothing about modding ROF, but is it possible to have subs free roam the sea, so we have to search a vast body of water to find them, instead of flying near the icons?

Again I have no idea how the ME works with ROF.

#47 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 29 December 2012 - 19:38

Thanks Joker. It seems I may have to add influence areas to define what is friendly and what is enemy territory? Maybe you have to land extremely close to the coast?

Vander, most probably influence areas, because I even tried to get the plane up the ramp near the ships after landing (LOL). I think that closer than that is impossible :)
Thinking again, when I hit the ramp (very very softly, almost standing still) my front window appeared broken. Hmmm… maybe this explains the "plane crashed" report. And I may have been put in prison to learn to take care of Royal Fleet assets. :) Bingo. Problem solved. :S!:

#48 159th_Jester

159th_Jester

Posted 29 December 2012 - 20:48

Downloaded the zip file ok, but when I try to run the mission it locks RoF absolutely solid. So solid infact I can't even alt-tab out of the game - Had to do a hard re-boot to get out of it.

I tried to open the mission in the editor but there's no mission file in the download. Any suggestions?

Well it does have a LOT of objects on the mission. To open in the mission editor, simply type in the full mission name and .msnbin as extension. It will load this as well. Or not, if memory is the root problem…..

Thanks Vander. That was it. I dropped my GFX settings a little and was able to get the mission to load. Took ages to do so but once in game it ran perfectly. Wish I could say the same for my DR navigation skills!! :oops:

#49 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 29 December 2012 - 21:43

"Captured" bug confirmed. Here is the updated version that should fix this problem (and some minor other stuff). If you land within a couple of miles off the (friendly) coast you should be all right.

Attached File  Felixstowe Patrol Missions v9.zip   850.21KB   70 downloads

#50 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 30 December 2012 - 00:59

Thanks Vander!

Jason

#51 HRD

HRD

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:31

Do you have a Multiplay version of these maps?

#52 charlo

charlo

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:07

Hi HRD,

If Vander doesn't provide what you ask for, here's how you can easily modify his missions for what you want. Check out the 6th post in SP missions to MP; or How to play ROF while people visit. Skip over the original post in that thread - the 6th post is much easier to follow (Vander was one of the folk who helped me figure out how to do those steps).

None of what I explain there is difficult to do - trust me, if I can do it, anyone can. :D

Charlo
Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake OC @ 4.8 GHz | Corsair Hydro H70 CWCH70 CPU Cooler with two Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm fans | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO motherboard | EVGA Titan X Hybrid GPU | G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 32GB DDR4 3000 F4-3000C15Q-32GRK RAM | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD | CoolerMaster HAF 932 ATX Full Tower case |SeaSonic Snow Silent 750W Power Supply | Acer B6 Series B286HK ymjdpprz 28" 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) Monitor | Windows 10 Pro | CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Throttle Quadrant, CH Pro pedals, CH MFP, Track IR 5, Buttkicker Gamer 2 | ====== My original ROF rig (now used by visiting gunners): MacBook Pro Core2Duo 2.66 GHz | 8 GBs RAM | NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB GPU

#53 Katsai

Katsai

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:54

Thanks for the missions Vander, its really appreciated.
Salute
Katsai

#54 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:23

Hi HRD,

If Vander doesn't provide what you ask for, here's how you can easily modify his missions for what you want. Check out the 6th post in SP missions to MP; or How to play ROF while people visit. Skip over the original post in that thread - the 6th post is much easier to follow (Vander was one of the folk who helped me figure out how to do those steps).

None of what I explain there is difficult to do - trust me, if I can do it, anyone can. :D

Charlo

Be careful though. All interesting objects get spawned on presence of the aircraft called " player". If you add another plane/slot than that plane has to stay very close to " player" or he will not see much happening! :)

#55 Bulkhead

Bulkhead

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:56

Very nice. Will try this out for sure.

Tip:
The way I tell the German and the British subs apart from longer distance is features on the sub; like British subs have two doors flipped to the side on each side of the deck gun. And the German sub have a "waterspray-shield" on the conning-tower pointing aft, it's backwards. And the British sub have longer bum behind the deck.

Attached File  ww1sub2.jpg   379.54KB   396 downloads

#56 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:14

Very nice. Will try this out for sure.

Tip:
The way I tell the German and the British subs apart from longer distance is features on the sub; like British subs have two doors flipped to the side on each side of the deck gun. And the German sub have a "waterspray-shield" on the conning-tower pointing aft, it's backwards. And the British sub have longer bum behind the deck.

Hell, it'd be better if ships were carrying the correct flag. What is very strange is that on the different skins files for the ships, you can see the British and German flags. But when you look in a mission, the different ships have not the flags! Maybe a bug?

Though, on the German submarine, you can see the Iron cross on the two sides of the turret. But I guess you have to be ver close to see it.

#57 Bulkhead

Bulkhead

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:23

Well, that's the way I often tell them apart (the subs), as I said, from longer distance. Works for me when they are placed with correct nations. :)

#58 Bulkhead

Bulkhead

Posted 30 December 2012 - 13:08

Wow, great job Vander. I have a question, is it a way to sett different weather and hours?? I just thought I might increase the difficulty after some patrols, like starting very early and more clouds maybe. Doing this many times in the future :)

#59 Ztenis

Ztenis

Posted 30 December 2012 - 21:24

Thank you for this effort. Very nice patrol missions -really immersive :S!:

#60 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 30 December 2012 - 22:29

Wow, great job Vander. I have a question, is it a way to sett different weather and hours?? I just thought I might increase the difficulty after some patrols, like starting very early and more clouds maybe. Doing this many times in the future :)

Well you have to use the Mission editor to do that, but it's pretty simple to change Weather, Date/Time.
See the Mission Editor manual in the Rise of Flight folder for the basics, or look here:

http://en.wiki.riseo...ission_Creation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wiki.riseo...ght.com/index.p … n_Creation

To open the mission in the editor: Select the correct folder and type the full mission name with the .msbin extension. The editor will normally only look for .mission files.

#61 Bulkhead

Bulkhead

Posted 30 December 2012 - 23:17

Thanks. I tried to load it in ME but didn't find it, I try again this way.

Great mission, I'm enjoying it.

#62 silverfox441

silverfox441

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:41

Tx a million! Great missions!

#63 Bulkhead

Bulkhead

Posted 03 January 2013 - 15:44

Hi. I added two more Felixes to fly with me, but it looks like they are fighting for the same spot in the formation like two twin babies that can't stand each others face and I can't tell them to change to left, right, line or diamond formation. Well I do tell them but they don't do it. When I tell them to do like me or stay they do, but not the formation. I tried to read the mission tutorials but can't find anything on this.. Please help

Edit: Never mind. I think I got it. But please leave a comment on how you do it, maybe I'm not doing it the easiest way. :)

#64 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:08

Tried the mission, working like a charm. I like the whole sandbox feeling!

Thanks Vander!

#65 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 16:55

Just an info I saw about lightships: the North Hinder one (which was Dutch) was removed by Dutch authorities in the beginning of 1918. So for an August 1918 mission, it should not appear.

#66 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 22:50

Oh, and perhaps some other bugs I've come across flying the German mission:

1) My wingman doesn't take off, we tested this in coop and it appears he spaws to close to the land, his floats are stuck on the ground and he can't take off.

2) The first ship I saw was in fact a German cruiser, but he kept shooting at me?

3) I've flown the mission several times, and was surprised by the fact I sawn no ennemy planes at all. I flew the mission a third time and noticed, with external view, that ennemy planes spawned correctly but disappeared very quicly after, no more than 20 seconds later. So I never managed to see them!
Can the "despawned" be removed, so that the planes don't disappear in the air?

Anyway, I enjoyed very much the scene, the plane, the map, the lightship! Had some great (even uneventful) patrols!

#67 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 04 January 2013 - 23:17

Oh, and perhaps some other bugs I've come across flying the German mission:

1) My wingman doesn't take off, we tested this in coop and it appears he spaws to close to the land, his floats are stuck on the ground and he can't take off.

2) The first ship I saw was in fact a German cruiser, but he kept shooting at me?

3) I've flown the mission several times, and was surprised by the fact I sawn no ennemy planes at all. I flew the mission a third time and noticed, with external view, that ennemy planes spawned correctly but disappeared very quicly after, no more than 20 seconds later. So I never managed to see them!
Can the "despawned" be removed, so that the planes don't disappear in the air?

Anyway, I enjoyed very much the scene, the plane, the map, the lightship! Had some great (even uneventful) patrols!

Thanks for the feedback J.J. It was a bit of a rush job, so some improvements are needed. The wingman will only take off, if you give the command " return to flight" after take-off.
The spawned aircraft will despawn if you exit the sphere of influence. You must have just scraped their zone. I'll try to improve, but keep in mind the map is very big! :)

#68 Lfox

Lfox

Posted 06 January 2013 - 14:43

Thanks Vander. Excellent job and just what I was looking for. On my second attempt out of Dover I found a Uboat and successfully sunk after a low level bombing run. The lightships are great (and a indispensible navigation aid). Looking forward to your future add-ons.

Cheers,
Lfox

#69 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 06 January 2013 - 17:45

New version uploaded.

Changes:

-AI wingman in Oostende mission should take-off now.
-AI spawn areas have been enlarged to 10km. This means they will spawn well outside visual range, but also you may have a higher chance of seeing other units as they will not disappear too soon.
-AI attack areas have been enlarged and the time they patrol the area as well so hopefully they will be a bit more active.

I'm still thinking how to make the subs appear more at random locations, but this will take some more time. Be aware, that there are already more subs in the mission than indicated on the map!

Attached Files

#70 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 17:47

Thanks a lot!

#71 89

Posted 06 January 2013 - 17:51

Many thanks for this Vander! Great Stuff :)

#72 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 06 January 2013 - 18:40

Sorry, another update. Forgot to fix the German cruiser that thought it was British! :)

Attached File  Felixstowe Patrol Missions v11.zip   850.16KB   198 downloads

#73 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 07 January 2013 - 00:14

:)

Thanks Vander! :S!:

#74 Dietz

Dietz

Posted 30 January 2013 - 20:02

Thanks -this will be great ,but I'm a little out of practice -where does this install? :xx:

Never mind- figured it out .Will post a few pics of the first U-Boat I've seen…BTW is there a way to see all the AI objects in a mission: boats,trains tanks etc? :)

#75 Dietz

Dietz

Posted 02 February 2013 - 17:49

I finally get to see the new U-boat…In spite of my friendly intentions it actually shot at me( slowly & inaccurately it must be difficuly for those AI gunners to manhandle the (88MM?) deck gun…) It actually dove to get away from me before I could land next to it to exchange pleasantries… :S!:

#76 VonGerlach

VonGerlach

Posted 31 March 2013 - 00:08

thank you can you tell me what planes are needed for this mission?

Director and Lead

3D World and Game Developers Group Linkedin

"We Build Worlds"

#77 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:08

Felixstowe F2 or Brandenburg W12.

#78 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:10

I finally get to see the new U-boat…In spite of my friendly intentions it actually shot at me( slowly & inaccurately it must be difficuly for those AI gunners to manhandle the (88MM?) deck gun…)

The deck gun was not an AAA, but if you land on the water somewhere in the vicinity of that sub, you'll find the crew knows their business ! ;)

#79 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 01 April 2013 - 13:37

I finally get to see the new U-boat…In spite of my friendly intentions it actually shot at me( slowly & inaccurately it must be difficuly for those AI gunners to manhandle the (88MM?) deck gun…)

The deck gun was not an AAA, but if you land on the water somewhere in the vicinity of that sub, you'll find the crew know their business ! ;)

#80 Dardrago1

Dardrago1

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:31

These missions are great, good job, but I wanted to open the files to learn the mechanics of programming with the editor and you can not, why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users