1.029 is ready

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#81 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 25 December 2012 - 18:44

Sorry if I've misunderstood but… still no working trim lever on the DH2? That massive fake lever is really frustrating :)

I asked about this as well during beta testing. The reason why the DH2 doesn't have trim control is that it uses a spring-loaded adjustment system, which is incompatible with the way trim has been modeled on the other planes.

#82 Dooga

Dooga

Posted 25 December 2012 - 22:39

Very nice… flying along the cliffs of Dover in the SE5a (nicely trimmed out now), enjoying the view, diving down to take a closer look at ships, cities, towns, villages… beautiful countryside!
Some of the objects look a bit pasted on, maybe some more work with color palettes might help?

#83 Alicatt

Alicatt

Posted 25 December 2012 - 23:02

Thanks and merry xmas to 777 a great surprise this morning

Had a quick flight up to Blankenberg for some bier and waffles, pity my favorite café was not open :D

Looks great but will have a look at my controls when I get a bit of time.

#84 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:13

Finally the game started to work.Had to uninstall and download all over again… :evil:

Had a test on channel map and it is really unique,not just the sea and ground that is different,they added bridges,lighthouses,woot!
Now looking forward to ships (BBs,DDs,carriers)(can we have Ark Royal?)

#85 LETCHIK

LETCHIK

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:49

I was waiting this map and pre-ordered long time ago.
Today I flew over the English Channel, England was very empty. Dover looks bad.

#86 thenorm

thenorm

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:41

Again, if you launch the map through the quick mission builder, it will only load all objects with in 20 KM of spawn, to save prossesing power.

#87 J5_Wolf

J5_Wolf

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:46

Great Job Guys! Merry Christmas!

#88 MulderX

MulderX

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:43

Hi 777 guys. It's my birthday to day, so thank's a lot (or maby I should say LOD) for this amacing birthday gift.

Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year

Best from MulderX

#89 realCallahan

realCallahan

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:27

Lord, Tell me! Why am I on Holiday and Cant install the Update???

Will have to do it After I Return, Till Here the work Looks and Sounds Awesome

#90 J30_Ricky

J30_Ricky

Posted 27 December 2012 - 21:32

Hi 777,
many thanks for the great update. The channel map is awesome.
I hope you had a nice X-Mas and I wish you a happy new year.

#91 UB_Toast

UB_Toast

Posted 28 December 2012 - 18:39

Just took my new "Felix" seaplane up over the Channel and REALLY enjoyed the look and feel of this aircraft. Not knocking all the other great planes you guys have put out before, but this is your best effort for sure. Just bought the field and weapons mods and can't wait to check them out. THANK YOU ROF for all the hours of fun you have brought to us all.

#92 Soilworker

Soilworker

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:41

AI FIXES!!!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!! Can't wait to try it all out - not back home till the end on Jan. 777 you are the best, keep up the good work!

#93 senseispcc

senseispcc

Posted 30 December 2012 - 16:14

I have two little and not very important problems with the store:
1/ when I try to buy two aarticle in two diferent type of objects I cannot pay them in one go per Paypal is this normal?!
2/ when a new plane is anouced has preorder I can get the plane without a problem but the weapons or other modsare not disponible before this plane is on sale at full price after his publication in a update?!
Otherwise this game is very nice and does queep it high standard of quality with each modification. :zzz: :)

#94 trikke11

trikke11

Posted 30 December 2012 - 16:20

I'm still contemplating bying the Channel map and the waterthingies, but to be honest: it's madness. They present Central a 1915/16 Halbie or Roland and Entente gets an Uebermachine like the Felixstowe ?! Like that changed the war ?
I don't see the logic in that. What's worse: the graphic demands get boosted by all the water. Once more: this is growing into an exclusive game for the rich who can afford high-end machines and/or matching graphic cards.
Oh, well, ladeeda, the way of the world and all that…..

#95 Dressedwings

Dressedwings
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 30 December 2012 - 19:08

The game actually isnt anymore demanding than it was before. The water doesnt seem to use the energy you think it does.

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#96 trikke11

trikke11

Posted 31 December 2012 - 00:50

Important notes:

6. It's important to understand, that Channel map was created with using of new modern technologies and presenting of the 3D water is lowering performance for low-end and for mid-end PCs in compare with old maps
7. If you still want to use old options like "High Contrast" or "Sharpen Image", than edit your startup.cfg, post_contrast = 1, post_sharpen = 1. "Dither Vegetation" now is automaticaly enables when SuperSampling is on

#97 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:59

Important notes:

6. It's important to understand, that Channel map was created with using of new modern technologies and presenting of the 3D water is lowering performance for low-end and for mid-end PCs in compare with old maps
7. If you still want to use old options like "High Contrast" or "Sharpen Image", than edit your startup.cfg, post_contrast = 1, post_sharpen = 1. "Dither Vegetation" now is automaticaly enables when SuperSampling is on

Yes, and…? Time marches on, and that includes changes / improvements in computer technology.

#98 realCallahan

realCallahan

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:14

Will there be a pdf Map in a big size too?

Thx again

#99 trikke11

trikke11

Posted 01 January 2013 - 13:06

Yes, and…? Time marches on, and that includes changes / improvements in computer technology.
Very much so, LukeFF. Unfortunately, economics tend to change inversely proportional it seems. And if they keep doing so, you will be testing for a select club of relatively rich who can afford ever higher-end machines and there will hardly be anyone left to fly with. Not a very exciting prospect, I think. I guess you belong to the select who do not have to wonder about that.

#100 wobbie

wobbie

Posted 17 February 2013 - 23:15

update will not download, tried recovery, error message says, "check update log" check it for what? Is there a downloadable fix or help available? Thank you

#101 wobbie

wobbie

Posted 19 February 2013 - 00:20

maybe tacky to answer my own post. but…If I run the "update" after right clicking on my
ROF Desktop Icon and select " Run as Administrator" then everything works just perfectly. Maybe will help someone else. I have left myself a note for next time, lol. now if i can just find the note…

regards wobbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users