Photo
- - - - -

1.029 is ready

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#41 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 24 December 2012 - 17:54

Looks great…but (there it is!) – When I try to set the sharpen in startup, to 1 it won't save it.

Pity, I really like that sharpen feature.

Am I doing something wrong when I try to save it?

Thanks for the great update!

Happy Holidays!

#42 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 24 December 2012 - 18:07

I'm experiencing tons of sound bugs and the SE5a's trim wheel doesn't actually seem to allow you to trim the aircraft so it flies level…

#43 TX-EcoDragon

TX-EcoDragon

Posted 24 December 2012 - 18:18

Looks great…but (there it is!) – When I try to set the sharpen in startup, to 1 it won't save it.

Happy Holidays!

Make sure you uncheck the "read only" box in the properties of the file before you try to save the customized settings. To do this right click on the startup config file and then look down to the bottom of the "General" tab and ensure there is no Check in the Read-Only box.

#44 Bullets

Bullets

Posted 24 December 2012 - 18:20

Thanks so much! Excellent work guys! Now I just need to wait till Xmas is over so I can go home and play with these new goodies! :xx: :mrgreen:

#45 LordNeuro_Srb

LordNeuro_Srb
  • LocationNovi Sad/Serbia

Posted 24 December 2012 - 18:22

Gr8 news. I cannt weit to tray the chanel map. I just hope my old rig will hendl it. Thx 777 for the hard work u put in to make us happy on hollyday seson.
:S!:

#46 3instein

3instein

Posted 24 December 2012 - 18:25

Excellent work and great communication as always team,
Have a great Christmas everyone,and a job well done,
Cheers,
Mick. :S!:

#47 Dressedwings

Dressedwings
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 24 December 2012 - 18:33

Very excited :D

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#48 No.42_Duff4r

No.42_Duff4r

Posted 24 December 2012 - 18:36

Thanks from the No.42_Squadron! Thanks for the release of our skins in Fictional Skin Pack 13. All good at the No.42 Aerodrome for the Holidays.

#49 Jarina

Jarina

Posted 24 December 2012 - 18:41

Awersome just try quick mission (15x15) with full weapons… A flying fortress !

#50 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 24 December 2012 - 18:51

Thank you for the AI improvements as well as the graphical improvements!
Looking forward to seeing the flooded front that Bender posted.

#51 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 24 December 2012 - 19:11

Happy Holidays!

Make sure you uncheck the "read only" box in the properties of the file before you try to save the customized settings. To do this right click on the startup config file and then look down to the bottom of the "General" tab and ensure there is no Check in the Read-Only box.

That did it! Read Only was not checked but I tweaked the Advanced Settings (unchecked everything) and it saved just fine!

Game looks much better with sharpen enabled!

Many thanks, TX and Happy Holidays!

:S!:

HT

#52 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 24 December 2012 - 19:13

I'm experiencing tons of sound bugs and the SE5a's trim wheel doesn't actually seem to allow you to trim the aircraft so it flies level…

The new version gave you new sound settings. Did you restore them to what you had?

Trim for the SE5a is working very well for me. Did you assign it to a wheel? My SE is still very slightly tail heavy at the full setting but flies hands off level at cruise speed.

#53 GAJIT

GAJIT

Posted 24 December 2012 - 19:15

It great - thanks for the fantastic timing for release!!

#54 hq_Peter_Zvan

hq_Peter_Zvan

Posted 24 December 2012 - 19:27

Thank you and marry christmas to the team.

#55 HippyDruid

HippyDruid

Posted 24 December 2012 - 19:43

Merry Christmas. Cheers!

#56 TX-EcoDragon

TX-EcoDragon

Posted 24 December 2012 - 19:48

Glad that got you going HotTom!

#57 Missionbug

Missionbug

Posted 24 December 2012 - 19:52

Downloading now guys, thank you very much to all the team. :S!:

Wishing you all the very best for Christmas and the New Year, Pete. :)

#58 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 24 December 2012 - 19:54

The new version gave you new sound settings. Did you restore them to what you had?

Trim for the SE5a is working very well for me. Did you assign it to a wheel? My SE is still very slightly tail heavy at the full setting but flies hands off level at cruise speed.

It seems it was my sound settings causing things to go wacky, but that doesn't explain the Stuka scream I was hearing lol.

I assigned the - and + value to two buttons, maybe it's just that there was a wind but I couldn't get it to fly level, what speed would you consider to be cruise speed in the SE?

#59 Quax.

Quax.
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 December 2012 - 20:08

I could fly only 10 mins today, but it looked great ! Thanks and happy holidays to the team.

#60 Sharpus

Sharpus

Posted 24 December 2012 - 21:01

Hey! That's a great gift! If this will continue as a result of bonding with 1C then RoF will become even better game! Please keep updating the graphics, AI, flight and damage model - no problem for me to leave some money on it…

#61 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 24 December 2012 - 21:06

Flooded front between Nieuwpoort (Nieuport) and Diksmuide (Dixmude).

Excellent work, Rama and Co.!

Im away for a week or so so I cant see any of this other than from your pics and videos :(

Would really love to see some videos!

RP: just a guess, but as you know the SE5a pitches p fr other reasons than being tail heavy. Nothnig that says the trim will be able to fully counter the downward angle from the elevators with a centered spring joystick. Try flying with undeflected eleators (stick forward/adjusted curve) and see what the trim does, then.

#62 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 24 December 2012 - 21:13

:S!: Thank you and a very merry Xmas to the 777 team. :D

Lieut. (A./Capt.) Andrew Weatherby Beauchamp-Proctor, D.S.O., M.C., D.F.C., No. 84 Sqn., R.A. Force.

#63 JG1_Vonrd_J10

JG1_Vonrd_J10
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted 24 December 2012 - 21:17

Thank you 777! Bought the Chan map and the Felix. Trying it out now. ~S~

#64 flapping-brown

flapping-brown

Posted 24 December 2012 - 22:06

:( lets try again…..last post disappeared.
i thought i pe bought the channel map and the felixstowe ages ago.
the lil boxes went away anyway
was pleased to do the 1.029 download today….took a while with my cocoa tins and string broadband.
the felixstowe apeared and flew ok ….the map i didnt find.
thinks th online server also sez i aint got it .
ah perhaps i didnt buy it in advance? but box wasnt there to tick so dunno.
ok buy it again , did it online server using it sez i got it but it isnt in my game to play with offline!
tried again and again no joy.
eventually tried join online game ….huh now although it looked as if it was working i now have no felixstowe to play with sez i aint got it pffffff
fumes coming out of ears now…..ok lets see if can use different plane in the channel game online…..bah same old thing failure due cant load texture of blah blah plane ….game folds up am distraught.
i think its time for me to give up its far too stressful now .,gone same way as il2…..what a shame but thanks for the memories of a great visual experience …….
twinning developmnt with the il2 in its present much modded state,with rof fast becoming same , may be the slippery slope i hope not but im going to give up on both now ,il2 all my old friends with whom i had many enjoyable hours flying online have gone……rof online never did get to have a bunch of friends , more occasional aquaintances , cant put a finger on it but it wasnt the same as il2 where there were many close groups of friends…maybe the hyperlobby was the link thats definitely missing in rof ? summat is not right imho what do others think?

my pc duo 6600 processor
560gtx ti 2gb
ram 4mb as alowed by xp pro sp3
audigy sound card
500gb drive for game separate 80gb operating sys drive
850watt psu
guess its not enough and cant get round this texture nonsense ……

if any one has a cure using what i have in hardware please reply.
otherwise
flapping brown [down]

#65 kirock7

kirock7

Posted 24 December 2012 - 22:17

Fantastic job, gents! I was starting to play FC3 more than my beloved ROF… but with the new map and plane(s) I'm back in the saddle again.
Everything looks wonderful and running well into the 50's near earth and 60 when at altitude.
Very nice little stocking stuffer you got there… Thank you and Merry Christmas!!

#66 Edward_Gale

Edward_Gale

Posted 24 December 2012 - 22:44

Thank you 777! Adjustable trim, Channel map, Felixstowe F2a… This is probably the best update I've seen so far :mrgreen:

Keep up the good work!

#67 Pierre2

Pierre2
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 24 December 2012 - 23:41

Congratulations guys, having been with this baby since its birth, the improvements along the way have just become exponential. The graph must be approaching its zenith.

Exceptionally well done guys and muchos grassy arse for the great Xmas present, on Xmas morning no less.

#68 Capn_Binky

Capn_Binky

Posted 25 December 2012 - 00:00

Only had five minutes between daddy duties to look at it but was impressed so far. Thank you!

#69 Dr.Zebra

Dr.Zebra

Posted 25 December 2012 - 00:20

wow, dear RoF team, you guys are awesome!

#70 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 25 December 2012 - 00:30

Thanks RoF team.
Too bad I'll have to choose the Channel Map or the Felixstowe…

#71 Hvy_Cavalry_Sgt

Hvy_Cavalry_Sgt

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:22

Thanks guys! The Felixstowe is so pretty I felt bad about messing it up with bullet holes.

I am looking forward to a campaign on the Channel Map though!

#72 RAC_Wind

RAC_Wind

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:32

Thank You all for your hard work, and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for the whole team! :S!:

#73 W1ndy

W1ndy

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:59

Thanks United Team, and Merry Christmas . Great surprise and gift today.

#74 MinoTaurusX

MinoTaurusX

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:52

:o Very nice gift for me - Yesterday I could download 1.029 and do a short flight with the new Felixstowe, before the family celebration began :) - the takeoff and the splashdown have been a success for the first time :0o: The flight simulation "Rise of flight" and now the new Channel map is one of the greatest Christmas gifts for me :D Many many thanks to the whole 777 Studio team and good luck for the future!
Herby

#75 vian

vian

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:48

Thanks thanks thanks!!! :) :) :) Merry christmas all :S!:

#76 Cellinsky

Cellinsky

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:50

Many thanks for the christmas gift! Nice surpise! The map is stunning and the felix a joy to fly. All the best for the whole 777 team!! Good luck and good business for the future. Keep it up…
Marcel

#77 J5_Rumey

J5_Rumey

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:12

2. Collision system was improved; collision check is more precise now

For me this is the most interesting by far, hope this fixes instances where I have a ghost collision, as in on my computer we did not collide at all, but still my bird disintegrates? Hard to avoid those :) Can't test until after new year but I am so happy you gents gave this some attention as it has been one of my main frustrations of late.

Ohh and nice work on the other stuff will be fun to try out.

Still cant wait for the halb, guess that's next.

#78 juanfrank

juanfrank

Posted 25 December 2012 - 13:38

Really good job 777, the F2A is a great plane!

#79 Stiffy

Stiffy

Posted 25 December 2012 - 13:52

Sorry if I've misunderstood but… still no working trim lever on the DH2? That massive fake lever is really frustrating :)

Otherwise great news!

#80 ER_O_v._Kessler

ER_O_v._Kessler

Posted 25 December 2012 - 17:20

Sound Bug worse with new patch 1.029

Spandau.. What else ?? :icon_mad:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users