Should be on the home page of RoF.
Cheers,
Spag. :)

Bite off more than you can chew.

Then chew like Hell ! ! !

#42 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:28

Wow!!!I have not much more to say than that was awesome Sir. Thank you.

Merry Christmas

S! Blade<>< :S!:

#43 Neogodhobo

Neogodhobo

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:19

Great video….Quick question…are the sprite on the ground ( tanks, infantry ) are in the game ? Because I never seem to see any action in the no man land when I fly.

#44 elephant

elephant

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:42

Tanks are in game, Infantry is CGI… ;)

#45 Pilot_Corto

Pilot_Corto

Posted 24 December 2012 - 13:17

the best ROF Video.
Thank you very much for this fun Barfly!!!

#46 Maxik

Maxik

Posted 24 December 2012 - 14:47

Absolutely incredible!!!

#47 Fokker70

Fokker70

Posted 24 December 2012 - 19:57

Great video….Quick question…are the sprite on the ground ( tanks, infantry ) are in the game ? Because I never seem to see any action in the no man land when I fly.

Thanks, And if I understood correctly this question, so infantry characters in this scene are not in this game models (Anyway, all tanks and environment is RoF staff), including some of the special effects have been added later to this ground attack scene, the german soldiers are animated Poser Pro software and special effects edit in AE (mean also soldiers ready animations clips -> add orginal RoF video clip and use this case green screen method).

Edit:

I use also RoF mission editor, but this case these missions made mainly to filmmaking sense, of course.

Merry Christmas to all and thanks the nice comments once again

#48 Ellehammer

Ellehammer

Posted 25 December 2012 - 15:36

Barfly, tremendous fantastic sublime stuff, well done and such a huge piece of work, with the CGI figures and all. Kudos! I was enthralled.

Now, I hope you don't mind a bit of constructive criticism as well.

I think the dogfighting bit lacked continuity. It was a lot of beautiful scenes but it was hard to see how they were connected, if they were. It would be great to follow maneuvers and be able to make a 3D image inside the head of what was actually going on. A bit like the criticism of the action scenes in the Jason Bourne movies, swish swosh wham bang, but what the heck actually happened?.. :-)

The end sequence with the kill scores I think makes the whole movie more like a sports match than a war documentary. A bit too unemotional and "score"-fixated, makes it too "gamey".

Other than that: thumbs up, superb technical work!

#49 Ellehammer

Ellehammer

Posted 25 December 2012 - 15:38

Oh yes, merry Christmas to you too! (BTW, I am Soeren, who does the CoD movies at wwwdotdalsgaarddoteu)

#50 J5_Spyboy

J5_Spyboy

Posted 25 December 2012 - 17:32

Outstanding work Barfly,best video I have seen of RoF, there are some really talented filmakers out there and you excel

#51 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 25 December 2012 - 18:34

Simply awesome!

#52 J5_Rumey

J5_Rumey

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:17

Superb! Looking forward to more! Make one with jasta 5 in albatros dVa's and III's, please!

#53 WF2

WF2

Posted 26 December 2012 - 14:50

Excellent, bravo! Best I have ever seem in a Rof movie.

Now if only RoF had the CGI ground crew and pilots animated like that … hint.

WF2

#54 BigDuke66

BigDuke66

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:32

Great clip, I hope we get more of this quality.

#55 RAAFSniper

RAAFSniper

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:14

Hi all RoF fans.

There is my first RoF simfilm "The Kaiserschlacht", hope you like it.

http://vimeo.com/56127968" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">

- Barfly

i like it nice production

#56 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 29 December 2012 - 17:15

Absolutely stunning! Best RoF video ever!!

#57 Quax.

Quax.
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2012 - 15:20

I use this video conversion area ”Loss-less” codec, the video and audio quality does not suffer too much
- Barfly

Can you please specify, which codec this is ? Is it free ?

#58 realCallahan

realCallahan

Posted 30 December 2012 - 17:10

THE BEST ROF OR GAME MOVIE I`VE EVER SEEN!!!
You really have talent, make more such movies, more, more!!!

Lehmann

#59 Wiley

Wiley

Posted 31 December 2012 - 20:01

"The Kaiserschlacht” by Barfly has been selected for showcasing at the Flight Sim Movies website where the Best of the Best FlightSim movies are presented and celebrated.

Barfly was also awarded the coveted Gold Oleg, the only movie/director to be so honored in 2012.

Congratulations, again, Barfly. Looking forward to many more of your RoF movies in the future.

#60 J5_Wolf

J5_Wolf

Posted 31 December 2012 - 20:08

Absolutely the Best I've seen. I wish it was a full length movie I would have paid money for this piece of work.

#61 Fokker70

Fokker70

Posted 01 January 2013 - 00:19

I use this video conversion area ”Loss-less” codec, the video and audio quality does not suffer too much
- Barfly

Can you please specify, which codec this is ? Is it free ?

I use mainly Lagarith loss-less codec (conversion area) and is it free (Open source stuff, if I understand correctly so far ;).

http://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html

Thanks and Happy New Year to all.

- Barfly

#62 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 01 January 2013 - 17:16

Excellent work Barfly!!

#63 SYN_Per

SYN_Per

Posted 01 January 2013 - 17:44

Excellent! Tank you.

#64 Flashy

Flashy
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:49

Really, really good, easily the best I have seen! It's kind of "hollywood", but done right! Just shows how much of a difference it makes to have ground crew and infantry - really brings the scenes they are in to life. (Not to take anything away from the brilliant editing and action shots in the rest of it of course!)

Just because I can give multiple orgasms to the furniture just by sitting on it, doesn't mean that I'm not sick of this damn war: the blood, the noise, the endless poetry...

#65 J5_Rumey

J5_Rumey

Posted 30 January 2013 - 15:22

Are you making another?

#66 Fokker70

Fokker70

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:04

Are you making another?

Yes I do (so far made a few months) - This is also my first team project. Perhaps the most demanding short film project ever… Anyway, I not promise anything, if this will succeeding or when this project is completed? Character actor scenes and dialogue according to the film script is not easy and fast to implement (Screenplay + character animations).

Sorry, my late answer.

- Barfly

#67 J5_Rumey

J5_Rumey

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:59

Np, just really like the first one so was hoping for more!

#68 Fokker70

Fokker70

Posted 20 April 2013 - 15:29

Np, just really like the first one so was hoping for more!

Thanks,

If this next RoF film / team project to be successful, so this is more real amateur short film where is this time also good story (Script was written by other team guy) and I try now to get this story to life also visually. Project background is also a few other assistant – Mainly this project makes anyway only two guys, so this is not too big filmmaker team. ;)

But it is still too early say this project more than this and promise anything yet, or tell the time because that would be done, because there is still much work… Now mainly for character animation and film scenes creating a movie stars…

And if all go good way, so this RoF machinima and CGI combination short film is very different as this first one ”The Kaiserschlacht”. Some kind RoF film is anyway came out this year and some day that's for sure – Only this I dare to promise.

- Barfly

#69 J5_Rumey

J5_Rumey

Posted 20 April 2013 - 21:38

Sweet! Thanks for that Barfly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users