Photo
- - - - -

Mission Editor issues

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Stick-95

Stick-95

Posted 20 December 2012 - 19:29

I have been working in the Mission Editor. I created a dogfight mission but am running into a frustrating issue (other than the learning curve). When I first open it all looks well. I work, save, etc. If however I exit the ME and attempt to come back in the graphics of the map goes to hell. Leaving the ME a second time and coming back in does not fix the problem. If I reboot the computer and relaunch it might fix it, but not always.

Attached is a screenshot of what this looks like.

Am I the only one having this issue?

System specs in signature.

Attached Files

#2 Laser

Laser

Posted 20 December 2012 - 19:42

Yes, this question is asked from time to time - just resize (maximize/restore) the window and the issue disappears. For example, double click the top bar, twice.

#3 Stick-95

Stick-95

Posted 20 December 2012 - 22:40

Thanks for the reply. I haven't been able to test it yet as it hasn't done it again but I'm sure that will work.

One other thing. I'm am trying to set an area in a DF mission that if an enemy comes withing the proximity zone it will trigger an AI to airspawn and attack. No luck yet getting this to work though I have seen it on servers.

Here are the triggers, etc. I am using in the screenshot. Any help will be appreciated.

Attached Files

#4 SYN_Haashashin

SYN_Haashashin

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:18

Hi VR-Stick, you want the plane to spawn when the player is inside a certain area right??.

If you going to use it for DF multiplayer, I dont know if it will work, as you have to use MCU translator:complex trigger, I use it mainly to pop up subtitles in MP. The problem in MP is that for example, if you want to trigger a 2-seater IA plane, using that MCU, everytime a plane enter will trigger a plane..and if the player get out of the radius given to that MCU the IA will dissapear, (I think the plane that trigger it is the only plane that counts) so if another plane come near but the "trigger" one goes away and get out of the radius of the MCU the plane will dessapear which end up with the plane vanish in front of your eyes, if you werent the one that trigger it, tried in one of my missions to spawn ground objets and was a no go.

For single player you should use trigger:check zone.

Looking at your pic, first thing you should know is that everything need to be triggered. Look at my pic, that is a AAA vehicule for MP missions. You see a mission begin translator which trigger (TL) a timmer and this one trigger the attack area command, and this command linked by OL to this vehicule. This means that once the mission starts and 5 secs has gone by, that AAA vehicule will be there prepared to cover that zone. TL: target link OL: Object link

All this can be hard to explain so you better take a look at this youtube videos made by SYN_Vander, I learned with them and the lessons available in this webplage, section useful materials. http://www.youtube.c...h?v=kvN86qjIZV8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">

Any questions just ask :S!:

Attached Files

• Attached File  ME.png   1.55MB   369 downloads

#5 Stick-95

Stick-95

Posted 21 December 2012 - 17:07

Thanks SYN_Haashashin.

I've actually viewed many of the videos from the ROF Wiki. They have been very helpful. Have also been reading the editor manual. I still don't quite understand the needed links of commands, triggers, etc. to implement this or even more basic things. The bulb will turn on eventually.

The server that has the type of event I am talking about is on the New Wings - Basic Training. There are multiple areas on the map that spawn different aircraft if you venture into them. For example; an ace ai enemy plane without ammo, a normal ai enemy plane with ammo, two normal enemy ai planes with ammo, two normal ai two seaters (or bombers?).

I'll keep plugging!

#6 DagobahDave

DagobahDave

Posted 22 December 2012 - 16:35

If you going to use it for DF multiplayer, I dont know if it will work, as you have to use MCU translator:complex trigger, I use it mainly to pop up subtitles in MP. The problem in MP is that for example, if you want to trigger a 2-seater IA plane, using that MCU, everytime a plane enter will trigger a plane.
To avoid that, you could Deactivate the Complex Trigger just after the AI plane spawns, and set up a Timer to Activate the Complex Trigger again after a while. I think!

#7 Stick-95

Stick-95

Posted 23 December 2012 - 23:18

OK, I have the following basic AI spawn working:

Translator Mission Begin
|
Trigger Spawner (2000M)
|
Plane(2000m) Command Take off Trigger Time (2sec)
|
Trigger Waypoint (2000m)
|
Trigger Timer (2sec)
|
Command Attack Area (linked back to Plane)

In order to get the spawn to work when an enemy enters a certain radius I think I need to add the following:

Translator Complex Trigger
Trigger Counter
Trigger Activate
Trigger Deactivate

Just not sure yet of the order. I am adding one piece at a time and testing. I think the Translator Complex Trigger will make the need for Command Take off unnecessary. I have been looking for instructions for the Translator Comlpex Trigger but not much out there.

#8 Stick-95

Stick-95

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:18

Eureka!

I set up a Complex Trigger between the Begin Mission and Trigger Spawner.

Now, an enemy ai plane spawns once I enter a specified area. After I shot him down another spawned in only after I left and re-entered the area. For now this is fine.

#9 SYN_Haashashin

SYN_Haashashin

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:27

Hey VR-Stick, good job. Sorry I didnt see this topic, a lot of new ones around with the new patch. If you see I dont respond you can allways send me an PM, that in case you dont solve your "problem" by your own as you did there ;)

#10 Stick-95

Stick-95

Posted 26 December 2012 - 18:17

Thanks SYN_Haashashin!

#11 Stick-95

Stick-95

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:52

OK, a couple of issues I am having a problems with.

What objects can fire flares from the ground and how to set up the triggers, etc.

After a certain amount of damage to ground objects, how to have them "re-spawn".

#12 Stick-95

Stick-95

Posted 31 December 2012 - 17:39

Although I have succeeded in having enemy AI aircraft (set to high) spawn at 2000m with a complex trigger, and an attack area command (also set to high) the following happens. When I enter the zone the AI aircraft appears but will not engage me. He will react defensively if I get close but will still not become aggressive. If I leave the zone and re-enter, a second aircraft spawns (not a problem). Once the second AI aircraft spawns, the first AI aircraft does become aggressive. The second one however is passive.

All I am looking for is how to make the first AI to be aggressive when it spawns.

Thoughts?

#13 Prangster

Prangster

Posted 31 December 2012 - 18:51

OK I'll try to help answer some of your questions.

Regarding the spawned AI and attack command you need to have a timer of at least 5 seconds between the spawn and issuing the AI with any orders. Try adding a timer between the two commands

Any vehicle (probably any object) can launch a flare. Object link the MCU/Command:Flare to the object and give the command:Flare a trigger. The object will fire the flare but be careful because if you link to a convoy or flight every aircraft/vehicle in the group will fire a flare.

To re-spawn after damage right click on the object and Selected Object Menu/Add On Damaged Event and link it to your re spawn. In the objects Advanced Propertied you can set the Damage Report level in percent.

Prangster

SWsig.jpg

#14 Stick-95

Stick-95

Posted 01 January 2013 - 22:23

No dice.

I placed a Trigger Timer in but it obviously isn't correctly linked.

Apparently I cannot get the AI, from the point of spawn, to following the Command Target Area for air targets or to even fly to a waypoint. In the Advanced Properties of the AI plane I have tried linking from the On Spawned or the Target Entered to the Waypoint or the Command Target Area. Neither takes. Until I make this link he will continue to be a pacifistic, refusing to fight.

#15 SUP-Hunter

SUP-Hunter

Posted 27 May 2017 - 13:41

Someone can use this mission editor ?

#16 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 27 May 2017 - 16:08

LOL - yeah, someone can, but certainly beyond my comprehension.

Nice necro :)

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: 38292159602_c99566b93e_o.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users