• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#241 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 16 February 2013 - 23:38

Ankor's GUI doesn't seem to work with Beta 3

And 11.4 is the one in the RoF Useful Materials File

Suggest this get sorted out please?

Ankhors GUI works when the directory is RoFCampaign. Rename RoFCampaignBeta to RoFCampaign and it will work.

#242 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 17 February 2013 - 00:21

Ankor's GUI doesn't seem to work with Beta 3

And 11.4 is the one in the RoF Useful Materials File

Suggest this get sorted out please?

Ankhors GUI works when the directory is RoFCampaign. Rename RoFCampaignBeta to RoFCampaign and it will work.

That fixed it!

Thank you, Pat!

:S!:

HT

#243 BuddyWoof

BuddyWoof

Posted 09 March 2013 - 15:47

Hi Pat:
Might I make a suggestion to put the link to the download in the OP. Thanks as always PAT!!!!!

#244 BuddyWoof

BuddyWoof

Posted 09 March 2013 - 16:19

Is there any difference on whether I start with PWCG.exe or with RoFCampaign.jar? Does the PWCG Gui mod use the .exe or .jar to start?

Thanks!

#245 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 09 March 2013 - 17:35

Is there any difference on whether I start with PWCG.exe or with RoFCampaign.jar? Does the PWCG Gui mod use the .exe or .jar to start?

Thanks!

No difference at all.

PWCG.exe is a convenience. It allows for a nice desktop icon. It is more natural for users to start an exe than a JAR file. Finally, Windows sometimes gets confused by an executable JAR, but never with an exe. In the end it is exactly the same code being run.

#246 AnKor85

AnKor85

Posted 09 March 2013 - 17:51

As Pat already answered the actual code is always the same.
Additional useful feature of PWCG.exe is Java version check, it should open Java download page if you don't have Java 7 installed. Also (if Pat didn't change this option) PWCG.exe doesn't allow to start two or more copies of itself at once. You can still start as many copies of the jar as you want, but why would anyone want that? :mrgreen:

GUI mod just starts the jar, it doesn't depend on or use PWCG.exe in any way.

#247 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:00

Thanks for the info Ankor. Haven't touched PWCG.exe in any way. Appreciate the extra changes as Java 7 is a requirement and two copies running at the same time can never lead to good things happening.

P.S. for those who did not already know, Ankor wrote PWCG.exe, not me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users