246 replies to this topic

#81 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 02 January 2013 - 13:45

Salute

52 Sqn RFC / 1.12.1916 / Baizieux

FA7 / 1.2.1917 / Lachelle

both squads spawn looking at the Hangers. And Moving Front not "on"

Can you please confirm FA 7 at Lachelle on 1/2/1917? I have FA 7 at Bonneuil Ferme on that date. Takeoff configuration is normal. Also, I do not have a Lachelle airfield listed anywhere. Thanks.

Baizieux is taken care of.

#82 lederhosen

lederhosen

Posted 02 January 2013 - 14:45

yes, just started it again…says Lechelle 1 in Grid 25, In game map says so and so does the breif.
The Map that is in your CM shows FA7 at Beugnatre.

Bonneuil is down south in Grid 20

Seems the two maps dont agree with each other.

hope that helps

#83 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 02 January 2013 - 14:51

Lechelle not Lachelle … thanks.

Not sure why FA7 is at Bonneuil Ferme for me, but I can go from here.

#84 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 02 January 2013 - 15:25

Will 12 be the latest (newist) for the new Patch?

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#85 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 02 January 2013 - 15:44

Slowing down the lead plane in a flight so others can keep up works okay in some planes (eg Biff) but in others (eg SE5a) the trailing planes keep overshooting the leader and often collide with him. I haven't kept a list of which does which (some planes I only very rarely fly) but it is happening with some.

#86 Stick-95

Stick-95

Posted 02 January 2013 - 15:54

Pat,

Just thought you might like some user feedback on v12. Downloaded it and placed it in the JSGMEMODS folder. I remembered reading there was a new exe so I ran that and it told me it was in the wrong folder. Moved the folder to off the root and started right up. I have had it installed twice before but this was by far the easiest. I like using the exe as I don't have to switch on the game's Mods button. I have only flown a couple of missions in it so I am not really familiar with all the possible settings.

The main reason for installing it this time was to generate coops. I found the switch for that and generated a mission and presto, there it was in my coops folder. Flew the mission by myself, shot down one aircraft. The game had a CTD but that may have been as a result of something other than the coop.

I then generated a second mission. A couple of squad mates joined me. One thing I noticed was the pilot I used in mission 1 showed a "Victory(?)" of 1 to the right side of the pilots name. I was surprised as, for some reason, I didn't think it would track pilot's stats if in coop mode.

This may sound strange but in both missions I selected a plane with different pilot name, not the one set up as the campaign. Had the campaign pilot plane been shot down, I assume that would be the end of the campaign. Anyway, we flew the mission and all went well.

So, hat's off to you for a great product. This will be very helpful for generating coops for the squad.

Now some questions about if, or how, I might make the current PWCG a full mp campaign generator.

What are the differences, if any, between using PWCG in "coop" mode versus SP? Will PWCG still fully work as a dynamic campaign when generating coops, as long as the campaign pilot lives? Will it read the log file and track stats on all the pilots, human or AI? Will the moving front work in coop mode?

Lastly, is there a way that the end of the campaign is not dependent on the death or retirement of a the campaign pilot so the campaign continues? If not can the system be tricked. If no human took the campaign pilot aircraft, could that aircraft be set to zero fuel so AI could not take off and maybe go so far as to make the plane indestructible?

Thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

EDIT: I may have found my answer.

This configuration item applies to your pilot only. It is only used with Type 1 AAR.

At level 1 your pilot will never suffer an injury.
At level 2 your pilot will at worst suffer a minor injury, resulting in some weeks of recuperation.
At level 3 your pilot will at worst suffer a major injury, resulting in some months of recuperation.
At level 4 your pilot can be killed. This is for those who like to play dead is dead.

So I assume if I choose 1, the campaign pilot never dies but all others can die. If squad member fly all other positions they will fly dead is dead. Would this work to accomplish an mp dynamic campaign? Sounds too good to be true.

#87 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 02 January 2013 - 17:27

PWCG Coop support is limited to single missions. It is not an online campaign generator. There was some talk of using it as a baseline to create one, but I'm not sure where that is going. There is another thread somewhere that talks about it. I volunteered my source code but I cannot offer any development time.

Also, a user named Fox has created a coop mission editor that apparently works well with PWCG missions and allows more detailed editing for an MP environment. Again - different thread.

Short version is that PWCG remains a single player tool. I am happy to make the source available to anybody that wants it. Be warned, it is 20,000 lines of code at this point, so it is not the sort of thing that somebody can pick up in a day. It is, however, a heck of a head start for anybody that want to tackle the job.

#88 Stick-95

Stick-95

Posted 02 January 2013 - 21:22

S! Pat,

Love the generator. Wasn't looking for changes, just thought there might be a way to "fool the system" as it were. Have flown a few coops generated right from the CG and all seems well. Just gives the squad members another option versus dogfight servers.

Thanks!

#89 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 02 January 2013 - 22:03

Will 12 be the latest (newist) for the new Patch?

They aren't really related as I released the 12 beta before I even knew a patch was coming. 12 seems to work well with the new patch as does 11.4.

If you are asking whether 12.0 will support the new map and the Felixstowe, eventually, bit not right away. Have to incorporate the new map and rearrange squadron assignments to take advantage of northern Flanders. Then add a couple of Felix and W.12 squadrons for some seaplane options. That will take some time.

#90 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 02 January 2013 - 22:28

Thank you for all you do Pat!

#91 Pierre2

Pierre2
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:55

Thank you for all you do Pat!

+1 in spades.

#92 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:31

Date 1917-04-01 at 8:23
Jasta 29 flying out of Pomacle , Alby DIII

Mission Balloon Bust:
1. Shot down the Target Balloon
a. There is no way to claim a balloon in the Combat Report menu, only a Spad or Re8.
b. After shooting down the Ballon, later in the mission 3 more Balloons spawn and are
siamese together in original Balloon target area.
2.Claimed 3 Spad kills(I only shot down 2) because I couldn't claim a balloon.
a.In journal, I was given 2 kills , denied 2 kills(only claimed 3).
b.The Journal says I was injured and I was not injured.

The ROF Mission report(in game) showed 2 Aircraft Kills and on Ballon , I was not shown as wounded.

S!Blade<><

#93 theMoxy

theMoxy

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:46

…So, easy question here (I would assume):

the 1.29 RoF upgrade makes the PWCG incompatible - so is it a matter of waiting for the 12.0 Beta to be released? Or is there another way to get them to work together?

I cant imagine this hasn't been brought up many times already, so perhaps just a link to that thread would solve all my queries. thanx! =)

#94 AnKor85

AnKor85

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:17

theMoxy,
It is a bit confusing - PWCG is campaign generator which is still compatible, but my GUI mod which adds "PWCG" button into menu becomes broken with every new update of ROF. They are separate pieces of software.

However it was already solved before the New Year. My mod is discussed here ROF GUI Mod for PWCG Released and Jason already updated the first post with a new download link
http://www.777studio...UI_Mod_1029.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.777studio...t/ROF_Mods/PWCG … d_1029.zip

After you extract the new interface.gfx it will work with current version of PWCG.

#95 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 03 January 2013 - 13:15

Blade_meister:
Was the mission a balloon bust or was the balloon a random occurrence?
Do you still have the mission logs? Probably not since they get cleaned up automatically, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

#96 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 03 January 2013 - 13:18

A quick progress report:

Fixed:
Enemy AAA at base
Baizieux
Lechelle was retested aqnd looks OK
Improved landing algorithm to avoid crash into runway

Reported but not yet fixed:
In June 1918, the flights are ignoring the base altitude. They're flying around at 1200m instead of 3000m.
2-sept-1917 #56-Se56a flying balloon defense noticed one balloon is made out of 3 balloons
I was stalking a flight of Halby/PfDIII and they did not move, acting like siting ducks.
No balloon victory available
Intact village in NML
Missing part of Verdun

#97 J5_vonHippel

J5_vonHippel

Posted 03 January 2013 - 15:42

Well I have to admit that I lost interest in RoF quite a bit over the past year (shame on me). The beta-campaign didn't give me that thrill I was after when flying offline. And i didn't have the time to fly/train for multiplayer. The thing is that I've always liked more historical correct missions in both RoF and in other simulators like in the Silent Hunter series.

Never tried the PWCG before (mostly due to the hastle of installing it) but the other day I decided to try it and BOY was I in for a surpice!

My deepest gratitude to you PatAWilson for your excellent campaign generator!
The only downside is that now I can't stop going for…"just one more mission" ;)

Cheers mate!

#98 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 03 January 2013 - 19:13

Pat,
1. This was a Balloon Busting mission.
2. Tell me where to find the Mission log and I will P.m. them to you.
3. Is there a way to make written accounts in the lower section of the Journal and save them for the life of the pilot? I.E. I record memoirs from flight in the Balloon Busting Mission today , save it and at a later date(2 days later, for example) I go back and open PWCG, open that Campaign again and go to the Journal, look at the corresponding mission date and there is my written record of that mission.

Thanks for all you do, PWCG + Criquets AI + Gavagi AI awareness = :D
3 Spad VIII 180s circled our fight far above us until they were in the right position to dive on us with the sun at there back. I knew they were diving on us but couldn't see them in the sun and they BnZed right through our flight! The Fight was on!!! :D

S!Blade<><

P.S. J5_vonHippel try these mods and you will be even happier!
PWCG + Criquets AI + Gavagi AI awareness ;)

#99 rOEN911

rOEN911

Posted 03 January 2013 - 19:14

Is there anyway to make the amazing Pat mod for the Cameras like you did for il2 ? :)

#100 Lemml

Lemml

Posted 03 January 2013 - 19:35

A few minor things I noticed:

1) When you start a new career as "Marine Flieger Korps" you are able to choose a transfer to any Jasta of the "Deutsche Luftstreitkräfte". But after you were transferred to the new squadron, it is empty without any other pilots.

2) When you get injured before the war has ended and you are still injured when the war ends, an empty alert box without any text string appears.

3) Aces of your own nation of near squadrons still frequently die after you have finished a mission, although they weren't shot down. (At least the mission report doesn't tell anything about that other planes have been shot down.) But I think it doesn't happen as often as in 11.4 anymore.

4) The default settings of the number of total planes during a mission is too high in my opinion. During the Fokker Eindecker period I get often battles of 10 vs 10 planes. That leads to many collisions and it's very hard to survive. According to historical records, Immelmann or Boelcke were often hunting on their own. I'm very glad that it's possible to adjust the number of planes in the settings. Not sure if the high number of planes is intended? Or does it happen because I play with instant action settings? Or is the area of action too small / too concentrated?

5) Just an idea: In the settings you are able to set the number of Allied and Central flights and random additional flights where the number of the Allied planes is one higher. When you would be able to set the number of friendly and enemy flights, the player would be able to set the difficulty for his career regardless if he is playing the Allied or Central career, for example with:

Based Allied Flights: 5
Based Central Flights: 4
Random Allied Flights: 3
Random Central Flights: 2

==>

Based Allied Flights: 2
Based Central Flights: 2
Based Friendly Flights: 3
Based Enemy Flights: 2
Random Allied Flights: 1
Random Central Flights: 1
Random Friendly Flights: 2

This would separate the historical overweight from the gameplay-difficulty overweight.

My current settings for instant action with a limited number of planes are:

Configuration Parameters: Aircraft Numbers

Artillery Spot Additional: 2
Artillery Sport Minimum: 1
Balloon Bust Additional: 3
Balloon Bust Minimum: 1
Balloon Defense Additional: 3
Balloon Defense Minimum: 1
Bombing Additional: 4
Bombing Minimum: 1
Ground Attack Additional: 2
Ground Attack Minimum: 1
Intercept Additional: 3
Intercept Minimum: 1
Offensive Patrol Additional: 3
Offensive Patrol Minimum: 1
Patrol Additional: 3
Patrol Minimum: 1
Recon Additional: 2
Recon Minimum: 1
Scramble Additional: 2
Scramble Minimum: 1

Configuration Parameters: Mission Limits

Always Air Start: 1
Always Include Enemy Scout: 1
Base Allied Flights: 1
Base Central Flights: 1
Distance From Objective: 2
Max Offensive Length: 35
Max Opposing Flights: 1
Flight Opposition Odds: 100
Random Allied Flights: 1

#101 Lemml

Lemml

Posted 03 January 2013 - 21:58

Sorry, forgot one: The news article date shows always xx-January-1916, although it's already July 1917.

#102 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 03 January 2013 - 22:35

Thanks Lemmi:

1. I'll look into transfers Marine Flieger Korpsto Luftstreitkräfte
2. That one will be tough to track down but I'll give it a go.
3. from I am hoping that fixing the landing will help with ace survivability.
4. Been thinking of weighting activity by time period. For now you can just lower the activity to "Low" for early war years and raise it as you go.
5. Good idea. Can't do it right away bit it is worth noting.
6. I'll check the newspapers.

#103 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 03 January 2013 - 22:36

Sometimes i get a white screen within the PWCG and then my mission report along with the kills i made in this mission are lost

#104 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 03 January 2013 - 22:40

Sometimes i get a white screen within the PWCG and then my mission report along with the kills i made in this mission are lost

Ditto (thought it was just me :mrgreen: ).

It appears to not be able to see the Mission Log for a Debrief and then erases it.

#105 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 04 January 2013 - 14:49

So this happens on the combat report screen …

One thing to do - especially since this is a beta - is to turn off mission log auto delete. This way the mission log files will not be deleted and two good things can happen
1. Your mission results will not be permanently lost
2. You can give them to me so I can debug the error :)

To turn off auto delete of mission files:
Main Menu -> Advanced Config -> User Preferences -> Set "Delete All Mission Files" to zero

#106 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 04 January 2013 - 15:21

Can you tell me exactly when this happens during the combat report process?
When you select the mission log set?
When you enter victories?
Before/After you get to the Debrief Screen?
When you press the "Finished" tab on the debrief screen?

I do not delete the mission files until the player presses the "Finished" tab in the debrief, so my first instinct is that it happens there. However, by that time everything else should already have happened - i.e. mission files should have been parsed and results recorded. I am having a tough time figuring out how the mission result files get deleted but no update happens.

Thanks.

#107 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 04 January 2013 - 16:56

Happens to me after I've entered the victories and go to the Debrief screen where the map should show me where I went.

Instead of a map I just get a white screen where the map should be and no events appear in the left panel.

The only way I can get rid of that blank screen is to hit "finished" and that appears to erase the Mission Logs.

I'll try it with auto erase turned off.

#108 MinoTaurusX

MinoTaurusX

Posted 04 January 2013 - 17:07

Hello Pat
I had the same problem as HotTom describes above for about three times, so I went back to V 11.4.
Thanks alot for your big effort, I do appreciate it so much! I can't stop flying PWCG ;)

#109 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 04 January 2013 - 19:37

Thanks for the description HT, that explains it. The error is happening due to a specific event (finding out which one will be the hard part). The program continues on to try to display the debrief screen, but fails, leaving only the "Finished" tab. Pressing the finished tab initiates the file cleanup.

The bright side is that it is a single bug that needs to be squished. If I can recreate it it will be fixed in a couple of hours or less. The not so bright side is how to recreate it.

If it happens again, please do the following:
1. Press the red X to terminate the program - DO NOT PRESS FINISHED! We want the mission results files!
2. Go to Rise of Flight\Data and zip up the mission results files.
3. Send the mission results to me via email (PM me and I will give you my email address).

In the meantime I will try to improve the flow to handle errors more gracefully. I am also in the process of doing an error logger, so errors will be dumped into a text file. That should help in the future.

#110 Lemml

Lemml

Posted 04 January 2013 - 20:04

Thanks, Pat! (And thanks again for your great tool and the time you've spent for it - it's fantastic!)

#111 tvrtko

tvrtko

Posted 04 January 2013 - 20:21

Guys you talking about "old" program version, right ?
Cuz I don't see the new one to DL anywhere. And…
since I play with old version without problems, now,
with this updated version 1.029 I just can't start it. :?
And I DL new interface Jason provide here. Didn't help.
I was into game and when I click on PWCG there's a pop
up "waiting for mission" but nothing happened so I manually
start jar execute file and nothing again. :? Won't even start.
What did I miss ?

#112 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 04 January 2013 - 20:39

Thanks, Pat! (And thanks again for your great tool and the time you've spent for it - it's fantastic!)

I fixed the transfer issue this morning. The code erroneously allows transfer within squadrons of the same nation. It should only allow transfers within the same service. That is fixed now - unfortunately, if you are in the Marine Flieger Korps your options are now MFJ I and MFJ II, but that is as it should be.

#113 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 04 January 2013 - 20:45

TVRTKO: I know that Ankor had to make some changes to his UI code for 1.029. This is completely independent of the version of PWCG. From his post earlier:

theMoxy,
It is a bit confusing - PWCG is campaign generator which is still compatible, but my GUI mod which adds "PWCG" button into menu becomes broken with every new update of ROF. They are separate pieces of software.

However it was already solved before the New Year. My mod is discussed here ROF GUI Mod for PWCG Released and Jason already updated the first post with a new download link
http://www.777studio...UI_Mod_1029.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.777studio...t/ROF_Mods/PWCG … d_1029.zip

After you extract the new interface.gfx it will work with current version of PWCG.

#114 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 07 January 2013 - 17:15

Second mission of career
Jasta 5 - Date 4.6.17 - Time 8:8 (!)
Feldwebel DerMo has been promoted to Feldwebel (!)

I got wounded in this mission and went to hospital for a month till July, but the newspaper is dated 15.Januar 1917 also the date of my medal awarding and news about lost pilots (pop up windows) are dated to January

#115 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 08 January 2013 - 22:48

16.07.17 Jasta 5

Flew a mission with Jasta 5 aces Rumey and Bäumer
both scored 3 victories each and survived the mission
i had to land earlier due to fuel leak and ended mission at home base before my comrades had landed
next day both aces are deleted from jasta roster and local aces list,only Josef Mai remaining, no casualties, no leave of those aces

It´s no criticism from me, i love PWCG, just a little bug report while we´re at BETA phase :S!:
Thank you Pat for your wonderful work!!

#116 Dooga

Dooga

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:18

I started a Pub campaign in March 1917, and at every scramble mission get gunned to death from the gunner located at the airfield right behind my plane. Can't start the engine quickly enought to get away before he's turned his gun on me…

#117 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 09 January 2013 - 18:19

I am going to try to get 12.0 Beta version 2 out to Jason soon (a day or two). Still beta because there are some bugs that are not yet fixed, but it will contain fixes to date, including the fix for getting machine gunned at your own base (in the meantime you can get past that by turning down AAA to low - that will result in no AAA at airbases).

The biggest change from my point of view is better error logging. Exceptions (bad things happening in the code) are going to be written to a file. Included in this information will be a stack trace (exactly where the problem happened). I will ask people to look at the log file and either post or email me the contents. This should be a big help in isolating and fixing problems.

The biggest outstanding problem is the white screen on debrief. I have a vague idea why this error is happening but, unfortunately, it could be anywhere in hundreds of lines of code. If somebody can recreate it and post it would be a huge help.

Thanks for testing 12.0.

#118 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 09 January 2013 - 18:26

All aces (Bäumer,Rumey, Mai)of Jasta 5 have now disappeared, no one of them was killed, injured or transfered.
They are simply deleted from the squad roster..weird

#119 FuzzyBear

FuzzyBear

Posted 09 January 2013 - 19:09

Will the chanel map and all the latest aircraft also be available in this new update?
obviously only the owned ones flyable like normal too

#120 Lemml

Lemml

Posted 09 January 2013 - 20:39

I fixed the transfer issue this morning. The code erroneously allows transfer within squadrons of the same nation. It should only allow transfers within the same service. That is fixed now - unfortunately, if you are in the Marine Flieger Korps your options are now MFJ I and MFJ II, but that is as it should be.

Yes, that is as I would expect it. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users