RoFCampaign 12.0 will be available in Beta form as soon as Jason can post it. This is a bit of a departure from previous releases in that it is a beta release. Users should approach it with a mindset that they are willing to help. I am starting this thread to capture discussions/issues specific to 12.0.
1. This release will be installed into a different directory, RoFCampaignBeta. It can be run alongside 11.4. You do not have to overwrite 11.4 to use this.
2. The UI will continue to work with 11.4 - users of 12.0 beta will have to access missions the old way (generate the mission and then start RoF).
3. Beta does not mean untested - so far I am aware of only one unresolved issue (friendly AAA at your own airfield). What it does mean is that there is a lot of content, and I cannot cover it all by myself. Your help is appreciated.
12.0 Change List
- - Moving front
- Front moves based on historical offensives
- Squadron moves are based on moving front
- Maps now draw front lines.
- Optional - set from Simple Configuration menu
- Default is off.
- Added newspaper events for major offensives
- Map Improvements
- Maps now zoom to 5 discrete levels: 150% 125%, 100%, 75%, and 50%
- Use mouse wheel.
- Latest RoF map is now used.
- Scaling text
- Front line is drawn on map (important for moving front)
- Mission generation improvements
- Player can now go back and forth to mission screen without losing the mission
- Can go to other screens and return to mission.
- Stays active as long as PWCG is running.
- Mission will not stay active after PWCG terminates!
- Use "Scrub Mission" for a new mission.
- Use "Accept Mission" to accept the mission and write to disk …
- or use "Fly Mission" to fly the mission directly.
- Mission is not written to disk until either Accept or Fly are selected.
- Once Accept or Fly are selected no further edits are possible.
- After Accept it is still possible to scrub the mission and generate a different one.
- Player can change aircraft assignments for a mission - Pilot selection moved to its own UI page. - Accessible from Mission Briefing. - Adding and removing pilots still works with a button press. - Change plane by clicking on a plane and then making selection from pop up. - Many new ground locations added. - Simple config now has ground structure density level - Player can now set missions credited per mission actually flown - Default will be 1 - I personally prefer 3 - Ease of use changes - Validates proper installation directory - Forces planes owned to be assigned to avoid reported issues. - Startup via EXE (PWCG.exe) - thanks Ankhor Bug Fixes - Aces are now harder to kill (Bot must be dead, not just plane crashed) - Fixed issue where pilot status was reported as a number and not meaningful text