Photo
- - - - -

777 Studios partners with 1C to develop Battle of Stalingrad

• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#321 WKLINK

WKLINK

Posted 29 December 2012 - 19:17

Glad to hear it. Hopefully it works out well for both groups.

#322 Vandrel

Vandrel

Posted 04 January 2013 - 00:55

A little late but congrats on this partnership. I picked up il2 when it first hit stores years ago and thought it was a great game. In fact I had always hoped 777 Studios would venture into the WWII era.

#323 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:12

Lets hope 777 will not going into steam disaster, was trying to play Clod and failed because of a APPFailure.
Man I hate that STEAM, always problems.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#324 Scott_Steiner

Scott_Steiner
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 13 January 2013 - 23:37

I don't know if they will go on Steam due to the nature of DLC but if they did, I would not mind it. I actually prefer Steam titles myself. If a game is available with SteamWorks or without, I will always buy it with Steam.

I understand the nature of why people do not like Steam, I don't see much difference how ROF is implemented now with online checking and how Steam operates and authenticates, it's similar.

I am sure the old IL-2 gaurd will pipe up that they just want it on CD without Steam and without 777 Studios authenticating with the server, but those days of going to the store and getting a disc in a box are long gone, it does not help the industry either.

#325 Dressedwings

Dressedwings
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:04

Lets hope 777 will not going into steam disaster, was trying to play Clod and failed because of a APPFailure.

Steam is very problem free. I agree with Scott.

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#326 Vague_Prophet

Vague_Prophet

Posted 19 January 2013 - 20:11

Clod was a big terd because the lack of any kind of campaign or career mode. I have no idea why 1C thought it would be a great idea to throw out one of the core features that made IL 2 awsome. Ya it had a ok mission editor but who the heck wants to spend an hour to edit a mission for themselves? Other than that Clod has great flight physics, modeling graphics, etc and is an awsome online game if your into that kind of thing.

The reason I am most excited about 777 and 1C comming together is the attention to detail and the ability of 777 to take the time and do things right. They have demonstrated a rare ability of being able to balance the look of the game and have it function on most gaming rigs with good fps. I guess it comes down to planning and coding Im not a programmer so not sure why this is. Anyway I CANT WAIT!!

Best wishes and good luck 1C and 777

#327 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:00

Steam is very problem free. I agree with Scott.

Wow you are a lucky guy :? but I'm also happy, because I have the Clod "Steamless" hack so byby Steam :)
edit: So I guess if BoS would go for Steam this would also be "fixed". :)
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#328 Dietz

Dietz

Posted 30 January 2013 - 16:43

I am very much looking forward to this & the excellent 777studios taking this over-they have done great things here at Rise of Flight.
I really hope they are quick with screenshots and short videos as work progresses on this all new sim.
I do enjoy its predessor ( sort of) Cliffs of Dover-terrific if flawed.IC UbiSoft really dropped the ball in so many ways but most esp in their PR & customer relations…they should have looked at 777's work in these areas a long time ago! :S!:

#329 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:42

I have many games on steam.. never had a problem with any of them.

#330 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:08

I have many steam games with no issues either. Interestingly, I just purchased a 6dof game RetroVirus, which is very much like Descent (perhaps the greatest flight sim of all time :) … Descent was what pulled me away from RB back in the day). I couldnt get RetroVirus to work, and the devs and community got me running in a days time or so.
My point being that any problems I've had have been with the game itself, and never with steam.

I'm warming up to BoS, absolutely uninterested in it, but the fact that 777 is involved makes me want to at least give it a try.
Mostly looking forward to the upgrades to RoF that will result from work on the digital nature engine.

#331 Seyumi

Seyumi

Posted 21 March 2013 - 21:06

Sorry if I didn't read through 33 pages but you guys have a lot of work cut out for you if you're trying to beat your competition. I'm assuming I can't mention names but there's another WWII online flight sim that currently has over 100 planes and plans to have 150 on release. Both the planes and the game look amazing. The 10 plane IL-2 BoS release unfortunately isn't going to cut it. The only positive I can see so far from this game is it will be more simulator focus while the other game has a very heavy "arcade" presence. Not sure how you guys are going to do it but I'll support you nevertheless. Good luck.

#332 Dressedwings

Dressedwings

Posted 21 March 2013 - 23:19

If you are talking about War Thunder, its a console ported joke of a "sim". No way it would compete with BoS. More aircraft =/= better game. I believe this game started with even less aircraft than BoS plans to.

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#333 JG1Baron_J6

JG1Baron_J6

Posted 03 April 2013 - 13:17

The War Thunder is an arcade shooting game with a few elements of the simulation. Nothing more - nothing less. But this mix is extremely catchy with beautiful and perfectly optimized graphics.

lZOFjj.jpg

RIKzxM.jpg

#334 AlexanderLL

AlexanderLL

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:31

Brand new to ROF and still going thru a huge learning curve on the Sim. Best of luck and wish all of 777 on the new venture the4 best. It has been long over due for a respectable studio such as 777 to develop a great sim for the WWII theatre. Concerning any competition 777 studios really does not have much for competiton concerning a WWII sim. Again it is long over due.

#335 WF2

WF2

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:42

Hope you include the "Night Witches" with the PE-2 and the Po-2 Biplane. Oooo … do not forget some female pilots too.

#336 =FB=Chapay

=FB=Chapay

Posted 26 July 2013 - 18:41

I love It :)

http://youtu.be/dKKCfubfhcY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">

#337 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 26 July 2013 - 18:50

BTW, What an outstanding pre-order trailer. Tip of the hat to the person or persons behind making it. If there is a game industry award for best trailer, this trailer should be submitted for consideration.

:S!: MJ

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#338 Dressedwings

Dressedwings

Posted 26 July 2013 - 19:13

Yes, its very nice…

theres a few things that come to mind when I watch this, (some bad…) but overall its very well done.

Makes me sort of wish that RoF got one too..

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#339 Eckhart

Eckhart

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:17

Preordered it to show my support!… keep fingers crossed (was utterly destroyed by the COD disaster)

#340 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:33

BTW, What an outstanding pre-order trailer. Tip of the hat to the person or persons behind making it. If there is a game industry award for best trailer, this trailer should be submitted for consideration.

Seems they finally made a step in the improvement of the graphics it all looks these are much better then the Rof ones!

#341 Dressedwings

Dressedwings

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:43

Seems they finally made a step in the improvement of the graphics it all looks these are much better then the Rof ones!

sorry to say those aren't ingame graphics.

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#342 O_Caldwell

O_Caldwell

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:03

sorry to say those aren't ingame graphics.

The in game graphics can be found via the link below.

http://simhq.com/for...ree#Post3814642" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://simhq.com/for...bbthreads.php/t … ost3814642

#343 Rude_Toon

Rude_Toon

Posted 18 September 2013 - 23:42

Pre-ordered today, why because ROF is an excellent product and I really enjoy playing it, so your reputation is carrying this new product. I am sure it will be all I expect and more. Your attention to detail and eye for historical accuracy is unparalleled in this business. At least that's my opinion.

#344 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:00

Just a quick question, as i don't want to read all those thread pages :oops:

- if i buy BOS regular pre-order, will i get a download link for it and an automatic install (as ROF), or a kind of Steam/Uplay stuff? (of course when it will be released)

#345 LordNeuro_Srb

LordNeuro_Srb
  • LocationNovi Sad/Serbia

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:47

=Fifi= BOS will work same as rof. It will be digital donwload from site same as here, entering code for game is same how much i could see. And if I m not missteken the preorder is to 1 october, and u have two versions premeium and standard, were premium is grenting erly acces in autmn and standard in winter.

#346 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:38

Cool then! Thanks :S!:

#347 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:59

Go for it Fifi!
Many RoF faces already in BoS forum :)

#348 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 19 September 2013 - 21:47

Hi Ami7b5!
Yes i registred on BOS forum, still hesitating between the 2 pre-orders…90$ is quite high for an untested game (player perspective) even if i can trust 777 ROF experience…
50$ seems more resonnable, and i should be able to buy missing planes afterward.
On other hand, i'll have to wait 3 months more…so :?

#349 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 19 September 2013 - 22:36

Never mind, just bought the premium account 8-) :lol:

#350 LordNeuro_Srb

LordNeuro_Srb
  • LocationNovi Sad/Serbia

Posted 19 September 2013 - 22:43

Congratulations =Fifi= on ur gold. The beta is near. And u cann check thise post, by nuying the gold u cann get ruder pedals. Make shore to chek it out, i think it is worth it.
:S!:

http://forum.il2stur...16usb-donation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forum.il2stur...k.com/topic/134 … -donation/

#351 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:41

Never mind, just bought the premium account 8-) :lol:

Congrats!

I have already seen you on BoS forum with that shiny golden brick!
:S!:

#352 shayan

shayan

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:49

Your welcome and best of luck for the future and career

#353 ST-Zeno

ST-Zeno

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:01

I think about to buy BoS but with all the server issues on RoF especially Multiplayer and less comunication (support)from 777 about since weeks im not motivated enough in the moment. :(

#354 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:13

Just do it!
8-)

#355 Bullets

Bullets

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:54

Not motivated either….

#356 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 09 April 2014 - 13:42

Look it's my impression that perhaps all the work to bring BoS to light will only benefit RoF. Any online play or mechanics, since BoS is based on the same engine, can only benefit Both. Time will tell if I'm right or 100% wrong.

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#357 DaveSax

DaveSax

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:20

Just joined the forum and was very pleased to see this post.

I've been to Volgograd and stood outside the Stalingrad Battle Museum, where there's a great display of static aircraft (amongst other arms). I then went off and had dinner at a friends' house. The friend lived in "Sergeant Pavlov's House" (q.v) which is virtually next door. Quite an experience and I had a few great week there. Didn't do much dogfighting, though. ;-)

#358 CapitanFracassa

CapitanFracassa

Posted 30 July 2014 - 15:15

Not motivated too, this collaboration with 1c will only divert energies to other projects and RoF development will slow even more. Bos is not getting any better than 1 year ago and it's slow too.

Concentrate on one project guys, dont let a good sim die..

#359 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 30 July 2014 - 15:19

LOL

That ship sailed a long time ago.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#360 arthursmedley

arthursmedley

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:58

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users