#81 juanfrank

juanfrank

Posted 11 December 2012 - 14:01

Great news!!! Good Luck!

#82 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 11 December 2012 - 14:04

Guys,

Asking questions about how it will affect ROF development is moot at this point. We don't have a totally clear answer because we are still planning what we are going to be doing in ROF in 2013. I'm not going to make promises I can't keep. Other than to say we are not putting ROF on a shelf to be forgotten. Right now we still have our current plans for ROF to accomplish.

Jason

Understood. Thanks for the announcement and good luck with BoS!

#83 andrey112

andrey112

Posted 11 December 2012 - 14:07

Это отличные новости!

#84 Avatar

Posted 11 December 2012 - 14:22

Congratulations Jason and team (includes the new and old guys)! Looking forward to this. :S!:

ASUS Maximus VII, i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 970 SSC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133, Win 7 Pro, Track IR5, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, 2 MFCDs, 32" Bravia & 2 19" Syncmaster monitors

#85 JG1_Lee_J10

JG1_Lee_J10

Posted 11 December 2012 - 14:31

I'm only interested is WW1. As long as RoF development continues I'll be happy.

Further refinement of the Digital Nature engine to support BoS should have spill over benefits for RoF. For example complex aircraft systems modeling giving more realistic engine start and inflight management, armament improvements such as incendiary rounds, and a richer ground object environment such as large infantry formations.

#86 KAPEH

KAPEH

Posted 11 December 2012 - 14:37

As I understood from the russian announcement 2013 in ROF will be devoted to the early years of the WWI:
"Пользователей ждет новый Театр Военных Действий (Карта Канала), гидросамолеты и самолеты раннего периода войны. Работа продолжается и новые продукты станут доступны в 2012 и в начале 2013 года."
"The new theater of operations (Map Channel), seaplanes and the early period of the war awaiting for an users. The work continues and new products will be available in 2012 and early 2013."

#87 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 11 December 2012 - 14:41

Congrats guys and here's to the future ….

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#88 redcoat22

redcoat22

Posted 11 December 2012 - 15:04

Good luck Jason, I hope you have controlling interest. I knew this day would come as it was required to keep moving the company forward. You have earned this future success.

On a personal note, I am a Great War guy, so I hope a ROF centric team will remain to keep building ROF.

Long live ROF

#89 rOEN911

rOEN911

Posted 11 December 2012 - 15:15

well if 777 do the miracle and transform the new il2 sturmovic into a good game i will install it again :)

#90 WW1EAF_Paf

WW1EAF_Paf
  • Tester

Posted 11 December 2012 - 15:18

Good luck Jason, I hope you have controlling interest. I knew this day would come as it was required to keep moving the company forward. You have earned this future success.

On a personal note, I am a Great War guy, so I hope a ROF centric team will remain to keep building ROF.

Long live ROF

I feel the same here. Good luck!

#91 MadTommy

MadTommy

Posted 11 December 2012 - 15:21

Excellent news!

Well done Jason et al.

#92 Sharpus

Sharpus

Posted 11 December 2012 - 15:23

Sorry to say but, I like planes and flying only in WW1. But if you will continue to make RoF better then I'm fine with another project :-)
Maybe this will add more stuff like ground objects and cocpit damage model…

#93 SYN_Flashman

SYN_Flashman

Posted 11 December 2012 - 15:25

Excellent, this is what the combat flight sim community needs.

IL2:Cliffs of Dover went bad and I imagine thats the reason we are here today. Im sure the mistakes of that disaster will serve as a healthy warning. The main thing I am excited about is using the DN engine for IL2:BOS as this is a major improvement over the IL2 engine.

The original IL2 was awesome, hell thats why its still being played today. IF you do this right, the same could be said for this evolution.

I wish you every success as if you guys can produce for IL2:BOS what you have done for RoF then I will be more than happy to part with my cash. If you guys do this right (and I have the confidence you will) then you will be create the definative WW2 flight sim and the successor to IL2:1946. Do it right and you could sew up the WW2 combat flight sim market for a decade or more.

Of course the game technoligies created for WW2 could evolve into later eras such as Korea, Vietnam, Arab/israeli wars etc. So much scope….

#94 SYN_Flashman

SYN_Flashman

Posted 11 December 2012 - 15:28

I'm only interested is WW1. As long as RoF development continues I'll be happy.

Further refinement of the Digital Nature engine to support BoS should have spill over benefits for RoF. For example complex aircraft systems modeling giving more realistic engine start and inflight management, armament improvements such as incendiary rounds, and a richer ground object environment such as large infantry formations.

Im interested in both WW1 & 2 but of course you are right about improvements to the DN engine. Given the wider scope of WW2 in terms of the aircraft, their complexity and the type of battles fought the ground environment will need to be improved.

Moving mud will need to become an important part of the new sim. Im sure the technologies created for that end will filter back to RoF. I look forward to having a trim wheel in my SE5a!

#95 rolikiraly

rolikiraly

Posted 11 December 2012 - 15:35

Interesting news!
Good luck for the new project!
:S!:
( BTW i don't really understand the 'i only like WW1 flying' guys, but that's my own problem)

#96 charlo

charlo

Posted 11 December 2012 - 15:41

I think that its quite obvious that RoF developement will slow down in the future as the team will have to work a lot on the WW2 content. Additionaly the people coming from old CloD will have to learn the RoF engine… So - less working time will be avalible for RoF.
The question is how big will the impact be and how the BoS business model will look - if it will be simmilar to RoF, than we can be sure that developement of RoF will always be on second priority - WW2 market is much bigger so any content made there will be sold in much higher numbers - much more income coming in for the same ammount of work.
However I dont want to be negative - whichever way we look at it - its very good for flight sims. Meaning - its very good for us flight sim lovers.
Sure - maybe RoF content developement wont go on with the current pace, but the big underlaying changes have a much higher probability to happen now.
For instance MP lobby, MP optimisations, more possible objects, ai changes… These things will be certanly fundamental to BoS sucess (means need to be done) - and if BoS will get it, than its only logical that RoF will also get it (same gane engine) -> so there comes one possible big benifit that IMO was never possible to be done with the RoF business model as it is.

100% with you Peter.

Perfect!

100% with you guys.

I'm quoting Peter again because I think he makes excellent points, especially his positive ones.

And as someone who got to enjoy working with Jason a little bit on the updated ROF manual, I am very excited about today's good news (even though I barely have any time to fly nowadays).

I foresee a lot of new ROFers as impatient WWII folk come to ROF to start getting familiar with the Digital Nature engine. ROF MP should start to grow as that happens. :D

Charlo
Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake OC @ 4.8 GHz | Corsair Hydro H70 CWCH70 CPU Cooler with two Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm fans | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO motherboard | EVGA Titan X Hybrid GPU | G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 32GB DDR4 3000 F4-3000C15Q-32GRK RAM | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD | CoolerMaster HAF 932 ATX Full Tower case |SeaSonic Snow Silent 750W Power Supply | Acer B6 Series B286HK ymjdpprz 28" 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) Monitor | Windows 10 Pro | CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Throttle Quadrant, CH Pro pedals, CH MFP, Track IR 5, Buttkicker Gamer 2 | ====== My original ROF rig (now used by visiting gunners): MacBook Pro Core2Duo 2.66 GHz | 8 GBs RAM | NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB GPU

#97 Firecage

Firecage

Posted 11 December 2012 - 15:42

Not seeing this going to a good place at all, they have pretty much ruined the IL2 series and now 777 has joined them.

I am afraid that I will be more cautious on my purchases from now on. I have invested a lot of cash into this game and will probably hold back on pre orders from here on out. I can see ROF fading to the back burner pretty fast and all the resources heading to a WWII game which holds zero interest. Attaching ROF to a sinking ship named IL2 can't end well.

I do hope I am wrong but, lets see something that proves me wrong.

#98 TinyBanzai

TinyBanzai

Posted 11 December 2012 - 16:06

1C churned out a horrible game I wasted money on, so I'm sort of pleased they turn to a company that can actually make a game. That said, I'm worried 1C will infect 777 with the incompetence that sank CLoD.
I'm also worried that RoF like Firecage said, will be relegated and ignored as focus gets shifted to 1Cs game.
Quite simply, after the CLoD screw up, I have as much trust in them as their game engines are bug free.
777, don't let them drag you under.

#99 AndyJWest

AndyJWest

Posted 11 December 2012 - 16:08

Interesting news. I can see the upsides. I can see possible downsides. I can also see that this is a commercial decision, and that only 777 Studios and 1C are in any real position to know what the real situation is - and that it is up to them to make such decisions. I wish you all luck. :S!:

Meanwhile can we please try to keep the rumour-mongers, conspiracy-theorists and predictors-of-doom out of the new forum - the 1C CloD forum has been a madhouse, and as entertaining a spectacle it has been to watch, we can do without a repeat of that nonsense.

#100 SvenK.

SvenK.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 16:13

Good news!

I'm really happy that IL2BOS will use ROF engine! I do hope the engine-management and other complicated aircraft systems of WWII aircraft will not be neglected though!
This might also reflect positively on ROF if BOS will help the whole team grow (financially) bigger, and fund more future projects for ROF :)

#101 Rivfader

Rivfader

Posted 11 December 2012 - 16:23

Oh crap just hope they dont leave ROF behind, I have zero interest in WW2 but yea we are in the minority, wish you the best 777!

#102 SYN_Flashman

SYN_Flashman

Posted 11 December 2012 - 16:23

Meanwhile can we please try to keep the rumour-mongers, conspiracy-theorists and predictors-of-doom out of the new forum - the 1C CloD forum has been a madhouse, and as entertaining a spectacle it has been to watch, we can do without a repeat of that nonsense.

Pff, thats the only bit of fun to be had with CloD these days. I fully intend to join the new forum and immediately begin to claim that the 'other' planes are too uber and not historically accurate. Then watch it all blow up in my stupid face!

Nah, clearly Im joking. I hope it manages to retain a semblence of sanity.

#103 VonSensburg

VonSensburg

Posted 11 December 2012 - 16:28

For us old time ROFers it seems a little scary but it was inevitable - nobody can work on one project for more than 5 years! For sure it will slow down ROF developement but in distant future it can bring us new AI, DX11 an many more improvemts to the engine! So good luck to 1CGS!

#104 12F_Henri

12F_Henri

Posted 11 December 2012 - 16:35

You can count on my support for ROF and the WW1 theater. Good luck :S!:

#105 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 11 December 2012 - 16:36

Since my primary interest is WWI (yes, I flew IL-2 and Falcon 4.0, too; been there, done that) my only hope is that this merger provides financial stability so that RoF can continue to develop.

But I seriously doubt that's what is going to happen. The only forecast I see is that all of the stuff that was promised will be delivered but there is no road map being offered beyond that.

Since I've bought and pre-ordered everything offered, that promise is comforting but not at all reassuring for the long haul.

My prediction: RoF will become the poor stepchild (as Dawn of Aces was to Warbirds) and will soon die of developer neglect.

I hope I'm wrong.

I am never convinced any company puts its customers (or its employees) first anymore and I suspect I may be seeing the crew boarding the lifeboats and leaving the passengers behind aboard the derelict ship.

We'll see….

#106 WWSittingduck

WWSittingduck

Posted 11 December 2012 - 16:42

Mixed feelings here.

Can't believe jason got in bed with a snake like Maddox. 1C's reputation went down the tubes with CLoD, and Maddox needs a name like 777 to even think about coming out with anything.

Hope it works out for 777 thou.

afterthought: now if jason could hook up with Polowski and Winding Man…..

Old Fokkers Squad

#107 Ridcully

Ridcully

Posted 11 December 2012 - 16:42

i really hope that il2 will be better than CoD (well, shouldnt be hard lol).

but 777 Studio did a great job at creating RoF, so i might buy it (even if im mad at 1C company)

#108 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 11 December 2012 - 16:44

I think there are many more questions to be answered than what you covered in this and your post on the new forum.

For one, does the fact that both development teams coming into one building and working under the same roof mean that we'll see -more- development effort put into both ROF and BOS? Or is BOS going to be the focus for the next couple of years while ROF continues to get the very slow trickle of content it gets now? Or *shiver* will it get even less support until BOS comes out?

Another question, the Cliffs of dover AI while it isn't perfect actually has field of view and can be bounced, will we see things that 1C has put into it's games make their way into ROF? Beyond the AI, complex engine management, clickable cockpits, more dynamic engine behavior, exhaust flames and more dramatic physical impact from G's on the pilot? Or as Tom put it, will ROF become the poor stepchild while BOS gets the main attention of all the staff?

#109 71st_AH_Mastiff

71st_AH_Mastiff

Posted 11 December 2012 - 16:45

Rgr great move and hope all goes well and you get this stuff ported over rather quickly since this WWII development is now way behind schedule. and the 1c Team has to learn to use ROF engine…
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back " 
Asus-z370 MH WiFi||i7x8700k.4.2GHz/H100iv2||DDR4-32GB-3300||GTX 1080-8gb|| AX1200 Corsair||Turtle Beach TAC||Win7x64pro||TrackIr 4 Pro/ir||Gladiator mki pro||MFG||X55||G15 Kybd/Mouse||32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc

#110 Mogster

Mogster

Posted 11 December 2012 - 16:47

I'm hoping the current ROF team will stay in place with the IL2 guys working on BOS, obviously there'll be more flow between the two. I can see how this could be good for ROF but I'm not ecstatic that my pre-order cash may have gone to fund development of another product.

I'd like to see a strong 2013 roadmap for ROF pretty soon, then I'll be less nervous.

#111 Seany

Seany

Posted 11 December 2012 - 16:47

Woah, if one where to dare daydream about good old Il2 and ponder what could be the best next step in it it's evolution, the dream would not be much different to this!

Great news 1c and 777!! :S!:

#112 Mogster

Mogster

Posted 11 December 2012 - 16:50

I've been thinking the same…

#113 Gustang

Gustang

Posted 11 December 2012 - 17:10

This is great news, Jason. I'm really looking forward to seeing the results of this move.

When the game engine is exposed to such a pool of talent, good things are bound to happen for RoF and for the new project.

Congratulations to 777 Studios and 1C!

Gus (Tim)

#114 Bear2

Bear2

Posted 11 December 2012 - 17:33

I really hope that 777 studios, do not become their simulators such as the IL-2 series, but on the contrary, the IL-2 series to learn how to run a simulator to be as big as RISE OF Flight

PS: The career of Rise Of Flight, is in beta for over two years when it will be released?

not everyone is interested in multiplayer

#115 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 11 December 2012 - 17:44

Well, if 777 Studios is behind this project, I will support it. Now, how the heck am I going to convince a Republican, like Liberator, to make me a Commie Newguy Yak skin? :o :lol: :S!: MJ

I will see if Liberator will put a Macy's logo or San Pellegrino logo on my Yak, instead of Communist markings… :P

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#116 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 11 December 2012 - 17:47

I've been thinking the same…

THAT would be the ideal!

But I've been saying that since RoF was created. Not holding my breath.

Still, OFF is coming to the end of its tether. They can only mod that ancient MS engine so far. They may be willing to listen.

The main thing is to keep WWI combat air sims alive!

#117 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 11 December 2012 - 17:53

The main thing is to keep WWI combat air sims alive!

Couldn't agree more! (but will enjoy delving into a large IL2 type furball again)

#118 Capn_Binky

Capn_Binky

Posted 11 December 2012 - 17:56

Outstanding!

#119 rOEN911

rOEN911

Posted 11 December 2012 - 18:04

I read the announcement of 1C company…Well its not a big step of 777 studios to join 1C company but a big Opportunity for them to have 777 manage this new project…because we all know that the previous version wasnt so good !

#120 JG1_Lee_J10

JG1_Lee_J10

Posted 11 December 2012 - 18:15

Since my primary interest is WWI (yes, I flew IL-2 and Falcon 4.0, too; been there, done that) my only hope is that this merger provides financial stability so that RoF can continue to develop.

But I seriously doubt that's what is going to happen. The only forecast I see is that all of the stuff that was promised will be delivered but there is no road map being offered beyond that.

Since I've bought and pre-ordered everything offered, that promise is comforting but not at all reassuring for the long haul.

My prediction: RoF will become the poor stepchild (as Dawn of Aces was to Warbirds) and will soon die of developer neglect.

I hope I'm wrong.

I am never convinced any company puts its customers (or its employees) first anymore and I suspect I may be seeing the crew boarding the lifeboats and leaving the passengers behind aboard the derelict ship.

We'll see….

I doubt RoF will die of neglect.

Why? Because of the interest to be generated in WW 1 by the centennial commemorations. There will be a lot going on in the 2014 - 2018 timeframe. A great opportunity to capture a new wave of WW 1 flight simulation participants as the spotlight is focused on the Great War and its legacy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users