Photo
- - - - -

777 Studios partners with 1C to develop Battle of Stalingrad

• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#41 SYN_Jedders

SYN_Jedders

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:47

Maybe, since they are going to be both on the same game engine, they might combine RoF and BoM in one game :P

#42 Mogster

Mogster

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:47

Hmmm, I'm really pleased that things are going well for 777 but I'm much more interested in ROF than Eastern Front WW2.

If this doesn't cause a slowdown or stop in ROF development then everything's good :)

#43 Kreny

Kreny

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:48

I just hope RoF development will not end in 2013 because of this and will continue together with IL-2. WW2 sim should touch more people and this should bring money back to WW1… or at least improvements in engine if not new content

#44 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:48

es the FAQ doesn't mention any ROF development after the already announced things. I'm kinda scared about that.

#45 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:51

I honestly doubt that RoF development will stop after that, after all we're the loyal customers to 777 so far. Can you imagine the shitstorm?

I'm pretty sure Jason and the boys are aware that we tend to vote with our feet and wallets.

#46 Lothar29

Lothar29

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:54

very good news

BannerFEOWPiave2012.png

#47 Trooper117

Trooper117

I'm hoping that the money we have spent so far in the RoF business model is being used to further RoF development for the future. I have no doubt that Jason and team will produce the channel map, and pre-ordered aeroplanes we are waiting for, but somehow there is that little niggle in my mind that after that the focus may shift to BoS..

#48 SYN_MrWolf

SYN_MrWolf

es the FAQ doesn't mention any ROF development after the already announced things. I'm kinda scared about that.

Me to Jorri. me to.

#49 Major_Marvel

Major_Marvel

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:56

Good news! hooping everything will work out well for the future.

Marvel

:S!:

#50 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:57

Me to Jorri. me to.

I'll add myself to this list.

#51 catchov

catchov

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:59

Does this mean it's curtains for RoF! :shock: What about the friggin' Fe2! :cry:

#52 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:00

Well, let's take a good look at the current situation. RoF is apparently running well enough for them to consider another project, while a lot (if not the majority) of the actively contributing community as far as feedback goes thinks there's a ton of stuff missing.

Stopping/slowing RoF development for something new would be a very unwise decision, especially since a lot of long overdue fixes have been put on hold with the money in mind that would cost. Last time I checked a new project costs money.

Failing to deliver fixes for something new while still asking "our support" (as in what's in our wallets) would probably end up killing the whole thing.

#53 CaK_Novotny

CaK_Novotny

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:01

I cross my fingers and hope for a good ending! Good luck at work! :S!:

#54 Laser

Laser

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:04

I hope that developments of the engine will be shared between both simulators. Also, the AI improvements, because there must be some ;)

#55 VonSchweidnitz

VonSchweidnitz

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:05

Jason,

first of all, this great news. All the time I am using RoF I really hope you will enter into WWII subjects. And I stopped to play Il-2 1946 because it is sort of boring as compared to "story" and quality inside of RoF. Although I was always big Il-2 fan … until I tested RoF for first time :x

Having interest in flyers who fought in both wars, I hope on one day I will finish late 1918 career in RoF and I will be transferred to WWII career.
Some of the Great War flyers were in active front line duty even in 1945 (Lindenberger of Jasta B).

:S!:

#56 Dunringill

Dunringill

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:07

I hope this is a good thing for ROF eventually. More revenue from a WW2 game to spill over to ROF development.

#57 HaJa

HaJa

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:09

Best of luck in this new endeavor. I sincerely hope You manage to combine the best from both worlds
to produce a ground breaking WWII simulator that RoF also can benefit from.

#58 realCallahan

realCallahan

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:10

I knew this will come :( Anyway, you did a great job!

#59 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:12

'Business is business' never forget that.. Firms are in business to make money and survive, they will go where the money is and thats logical, and good luck to em!
I'm in no illusion that this merger may mean change.. I can only hope for a positive outcome.

#60 hq_Peter_Zvan

hq_Peter_Zvan

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:16

I think that its quite obvious that RoF developement will slow down in the future as the team will have to work a lot on the WW2 content. Additionaly the people coming from old CloD will have to learn the RoF engine… So - less working time will be avalible for RoF.
The question is how big will the impact be and how the BoS business model will look - if it will be simmilar to RoF, than we can be sure that developement of RoF will always be on second priority - WW2 market is much bigger so any content made there will be sold in much higher numbers - much more income coming in for the same ammount of work.
However I dont want to be negative - whichever way we look at it - its very good for flight sims. Meaning - its very good for us flight sim lovers.
Sure - maybe RoF content developement wont go on with the current pace, but the big underlaying changes have a much higher probability to happen now.
For instance MP lobby, MP optimisations, more possible objects, ai changes… These things will be certanly fundamental to BoS sucess (means need to be done) - and if BoS will get it, than its only logical that RoF will also get it (same gane engine) -> so there comes one possible big benifit that IMO was never possible to be done with the RoF business model as it is.

#61 89

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:17

GRRReat news! Very best wishes to 777!

#62 realCallahan

realCallahan

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:20

Unsure bur sorry, not good idea. I would really like to see an IL2 like Rise Of FLight, but I don`t want to see ROF "going down" :cry:

#63 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:20

Unsure bur sorry, not good idea. I would really like to see an IL2 like Rise Of FLight, but I don`t want to see ROF "going down" :cry:

No one said it's "going down".

#64 Wisdom_Hunting

Wisdom_Hunting

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:30

If anyone can make a worthy successor to IL-2 it is 777 studios.

RoF is a testament to their passion. I hope IL-2 will get the same quality and attention to details.
I'm glad 1C partnering with 777 studios.

#65 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:41

Good post from Peter

#66 ER_O_v._Kessler

ER_O_v._Kessler

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:42

Absolutely awesome.. Congratz

Spandau.. What else ?? :icon_mad:

#67 tvrtko

tvrtko

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:51

What really puzzles me is… we really have
several good WWII simulations and games,
not so simulation related, and WWI? Right,
beside RoF… just some second hand mods…
So - is WWII so much popular with gamers
(or simmers) that wins by far ?
Why don't they unite and make some
quality EARLY (WWI) WAR stuff ?
Is WWI thematic so bad budged wise ?
Ahh… just a madman thinking here…
Sorry, don't pay attention, won't
happened again. :-/

#68 sallee

sallee

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:59

Good news. Very exciting times ahead. Who wouldn't want to share in the talent that 777 has?

#69 N28_Uberplane

N28_Uberplane

Posted 11 December 2012 - 13:04

I think that its quite obvious that RoF developement will slow down in the future as the team will have to work a lot on the WW2 content. Additionaly the people coming from old CloD will have to learn the RoF engine… So - less working time will be avalible for RoF.
The question is how big will the impact be and how the BoS business model will look - if it will be simmilar to RoF, than we can be sure that developement of RoF will always be on second priority - WW2 market is much bigger so any content made there will be sold in much higher numbers - much more income coming in for the same ammount of work.
However I dont want to be negative - whichever way we look at it - its very good for flight sims. Meaning - its very good for us flight sim lovers.
Sure - maybe RoF content developement wont go on with the current pace, but the big underlaying changes have a much higher probability to happen now.
For instance MP lobby, MP optimisations, more possible objects, ai changes… These things will be certanly fundamental to BoS sucess (means need to be done) - and if BoS will get it, than its only logical that RoF will also get it (same gane engine) -> so there comes one possible big benifit that IMO was never possible to be done with the RoF business model as it is.

100% with you Peter.

=IRFC=

#70 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 11 December 2012 - 13:06

In short Tvrtko, yes WW2 has a much larger crowd than any WW1 related game ever had, partially because it's a more "popular" war as far as movies and tv-shows go. People want to play what they see.

In any way, I doubt that 777 would alienate the loyal customers to get a new crowd in. 1C's reputation has been seriously damaged in the flight sim community with their latest release and the months of promising and not delivering, etc. 777 has the reputation but didn't have the resources to pull it off alone.

Don't forget, it's gonna be the track record up to release of BoS which is still some 18+ months away that will ultimately determine the success or failure of the project. I don't think that anyone of us would buy another game that could be dropped at the first sign of money to be made elsewhere. "Showing support" only goes as far.

Let's be positive this one time chaps.

#71 Indianajon

Indianajon

Posted 11 December 2012 - 13:18

:D I think I've just had a geek out! Thank you 777 for making me have to explain why I just whooped in the middle of my office! Can't wait! Good luck with it all! Now I can put all my fears about the future of IL2 to rest knowing that you are controlling its future :S!:

#72 WWIEAF-Puff

WWIEAF-Puff

Posted 11 December 2012 - 13:29

Sounds great, looking forward to it :)

#73 Cowboy10uk

Cowboy10uk
  • LocationWest Midlands

Posted 11 December 2012 - 13:29

Ummmmm Congrats I think, while I have total and complete confidence in Jason and the 777 team, I'm afraid the same cannot be said about 1C, after they botched the release of COD so badly, not to mention the awful ideas they had for the so called campaign. I will be lying if I said this development didnt concern me. The last thing I would want is 1C and their Ubsoft partner getting their hands onto our beloved ROF and ruining it.

I mean they managed to take one of the greatest ww2 sims, IL2 and just destroy its reputation with COD.

I appreciate that sims are a niche market and we have to do what's best to keep them alive, however I am concerned that this is the start of the end to our beloved 777. Once Ubisoft get you, there's only one way it goes.

Please please please prove me wrong, and don't forget about ww1.

Yes I know this isn't exactly a positive post, but that's only because I'm passionant about 777 and the future of ROF, and I not want to see it crash and burn, I watched that once with COD and 1C, t wasn't pretty.

Cowboy10uk

Oh and Indy answer your bloody phone. ;)

#74 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 11 December 2012 - 13:30

ubisoft will not be dealing with BoS, calm down.. lol!

#75 150GCT_Veltro

150GCT_Veltro

Posted 11 December 2012 - 13:31

100% with you Peter.

Perfect!

100% with you guys.

#76 Serza

Serza

Posted 11 December 2012 - 13:33

Well, the truth is if anyone can get Il-2 back alive, it's 777.

One thing buggers me a lot though. Eastern front = No Typhoon! :-D

#77 Cowboy10uk

Cowboy10uk
  • LocationWest Midlands

Posted 11 December 2012 - 13:42

Lol Trooper, we thought that about COD as well. ;)

Serza I agree, that if anyone can get 1C back on track it's 777, it's just Jason and the team and still a small company and it wouldn't take much for Ubi to bully them out and take over, they have done it before to 1C and will do it again.

Believe me guys, there is nothing I want more, than to be proved wrong here and I will be following the development closely.

Just not totally sure it's the right move.

Cowboy10uk

#78 SYN_DerHesse70

SYN_DerHesse70

Posted 11 December 2012 - 13:49

http://forum.il2stur...php?showtopic=6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forum.il2stur...php?showtopic=6

Q. Why did 1C choose to partner with 777 Studios?

A. 1C has seen the remarkable quality of ROF and its associated technologies1C also liked 777’s ability to be flexible in the marketplace and innovative ideas. 777 Studios has also shown the ability to please its customers and provide excellent communication to the community on development matters.

Q. Why did 777 Studios choose to partner with 1C?

A. 777 Studios decided to work with 1C because they have seen 1C’s dedication to the flight-simulation genre over the years and their willingness to continue to invest in such products when other large publishers do not share the same passion. 1C is known for its dedication to PC hardcore gaming and products like Rig'n'Roll, Space Rangers, Soldiers: Heroes of World War II, Faces of War, Men of War series, Perimeter, Fantasy Wars, Death to Spies, King’s Bounty: The Legend, King’s Bounty: Armored Princess and King’s Bounty: Crossworlds, Off-Road Drive, Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades, King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North and of course IL-2 Sturmovik series.

Q. What happened to the CLOD development team and the ROF development team?

A. Both teams have been merged into one team (1C Game Studios) that will share one roof and be responsible for both BOS and future ROF development.

Q. Who is managing this new combined development and business team?

A. The former 777 Studios development management team is overseeing the development of both BOS and ROF. Business matters are handled by a joint management team with executives from both companies.

Q. Will ROF development continue and will airplanes and content continue to be made?

A. Yes, ROF development will continue. We are still finishing development of features and content we promised the community earlier in 2012. The Channel Map, two seaplanes and two early-war scouts are still in development and scheduled for release end of 2012 and the beginning of 2013.

Q. Will BOS be based on the Digital Nature engine (777 Studios Technology)?

A. Yes, the Digital Nature engine and associated technologies will be the basis for BOS, but of course work will be done to make it ready for WWII aircraft and other changes to the code will no doubt occur over time. The engine is an ever evolving piece of software.

Q. Why was the Digital Nature engine chosen instead of the CLOD engine?

A. The Digital Nature engine is an advanced game engine that has been developed over several years and powers ROF with great results. Besides being relatively bug free and well-functioning, it has advanced physics, realistic flight-modeling, progressive damage modeling, complex ballistics, detailed environmental modeling, detailed terrain modeling and superb graphics rendering. Above all else it is more modular and flexible than the CLOD engine. It can even support different types of player vehicles from main battle tanks to giant robots. Using the Digital Nature engine will provide users with a well-functioning product at launch that can be brought to market fairly quickly. It can still be further enhanced in the future as needed.

Q. What is the business model for BOS?

A. BOS will have a few different options for new users that will put them in the cockpit and new content added over time after initial launch.The BOS business model will have some similar aspects with ROF, but it will not be identical.

Q. Will you have to pay for new content like airplanes?

A. Of course, additional content once developed will be offered for sale.

Q. Will BOS be classified as an MMO?

A. No, BOS will include both SP and MP game-play options but giving some new unique experiences. We know flight-simmers enjoy both types of game-play.

Q. Will BOS include every imaginable feature and detail the community will want?

A. Unfortunately, no simulation title can have everything the community will want. There is a relatively short window to create and launch BOS. As 777 Studios learned from developing ROF, it is better to start with digestible chunks of features and content that works and add more over time. We also do not want to keep the community waiting for years while we make a large product that may not work as advertised. We prefer to take it one step at a time.

Q. Will content from CLOD be imported and be used in BOS?

A. If any is used, than all previously createdcontent by 1C Company will be used in the future projects with maximum possibilities.

Q. Will BOS install over CLOD as promised by previous management?

A. Sorry it will not, BOS will be based on a completely different engine and be a completely different product line.

#79 W1ndy

W1ndy

Posted 11 December 2012 - 13:52

717C7 Whada'ya think ?

or 777+1C= 778C

Nvrmnd just re-read the post
"777 Studios partners with 1C to form 1C Game Studios (1CGS) and develop IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad"

1CGS it is then

#80 vonKachelofen

vonKachelofen

Posted 11 December 2012 - 13:55

Best news ever!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users