- - - - -

I won't fly PWCG because ...

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#121 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 03 February 2013 - 17:34

@NimitsTexan

I just thought of how you can get the mission set and contact frequency that you like:
Set "Advanced Config -> Mission Limits -> Flight opposition Odds" to something much lower.
Go to "Advanced Config -> Mission" Spacing and reduce the time between missions.

You will get more missions with lesser odds of contact.

#122 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 03 February 2013 - 18:02

I have a three year old computer, so I keep it pretty low.
Air: Low
AAA: Medium
Ground Objects: Medium

My System:
I7 920 @2.67 GHz CPU
8 GB memory
NVidia GTX 260MB GPU (2 GB GTX 660 is paid for and heading this way)

AAA and ground objects do not consume as much CPU power, so I can go medium on those. With low air activity there are between 4 and 6 flights in the air. Using the default "opposing flight" setting there is almost always something crossing my path.

My computer runs at about 1/2 speed (slide show) on high air activity.

My system is about the same as yours (it's OC'd to 3ghz, and I only have 6 GB memory, but I do have a 670GTX with 4GB). On medium air it seems that the system chugs (I can tell because of the sound of the mgs is slower). I'll give your settings a try.

When I tried to set my career as
"Squadron Commander" (in the royal naval air service) it gave me an error
"Please see the error log file: PWCGErrorLog.txt and post error on the RoF forum. null"

Do you need that error log? I've reached squadron commander in my beta career, so not sure what the issue is. Are there promotions and medals given in your campaign the same as in the beta career?

#123 Kreny

Kreny

Posted 03 February 2013 - 19:04

If AI would be able to land or at least do not die when trying to land, it would be awesome :)

Fixed in 12.0 beta

unfortunately not, I saw entire AI squad of AlbII to get killed or heavily wounded when they tried to land. Some of them were even in midair when they hit hangars. Hope will found the mission file

But whay would be great - some take-off during real ambush. Means enemy aircrafts attacking planes on the ground. Currently there is still plenty of time to prepare

#124 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 03 February 2013 - 19:33

Kreny: if you ever have a mission that reproduces these things, please send it to me. I increased the roll out area in 12.0 to give planes more space to land. How they could hit the hangars while airborne is completely beyond me. With a mission file I might be able to get a handle on what's happening.

#125 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 03 February 2013 - 19:34

My system is about the same as yours (it's OC'd to 3ghz, and I only have 6 GB memory, but I do have a 670GTX with 4GB). On medium air it seems that the system chugs (I can tell because of the sound of the mgs is slower). I'll give your settings a try.

When I tried to set my career as
"Squadron Commander" (in the royal naval air service) it gave me an error
"Please see the error log file: PWCGErrorLog.txt and post error on the RoF forum. null"

Do you need that error log? I've reached squadron commander in my beta career, so not sure what the issue is. Are there promotions and medals given in your campaign the same as in the beta career?

If you could send or post the error log that would be great. What you are seeing (null) is a coding error. The error log will help be pin point the location (Look for NullPointerException in the log).

Per the GPU, on my system that is certainly the weakest link, but I think flight sims tend to be more CPU than GPU intensive. The GPU will make things look better, but I might still be stuck on low air activity.

#126 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 03 February 2013 - 19:47

Sent via pm.

Are there promotions and medals given in your campaign the same as in the beta career?

#127 Kreny

Kreny

Posted 03 February 2013 - 21:20

Kreny: if you ever have a mission that reproduces these things, please send it to me. I increased the roll out area in 12.0 to give planes more space to land. How they could hit the hangars while airborne is completely beyond me. With a mission file I might be able to get a handle on what's happening.

Hello Pat,

Mission is attached.
Just fly on autopilot over the front and then CTRL+F2 to AI Alby flight which is going to land… some crash into hangars when airborne so they die.
Attached File  Missions.zip   12.55KB   15 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users