- - - - -

Introducing FlightFX for ROF!

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#121 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:27

Cool - thanks - I'll give it a peek.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 43.jpg

#122 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:37

Joker - I played around with it a bit more tonight.  I found my old SweetFX 1.3 settings and replicated them into your Reshade package, but I was getting a bit too much moire effect on some of the landscape textures.  After playing around with it a bit more, I decided to just go back to your package's settings (with a little added vignette), and they're starting to grow on me.

Gonna play around a little more later this week, but it's looking pretty good so far.

Thanks again for sharing.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 43.jpg

#123 Lothar29

Lothar29

Posted 03 October 2015 - 21:45

Hi all

Well, I see that you are working hard with theme reshade, I'll download your settings and see how it looks

By the way, anyone know the way you have now Rise of flight in the future. more planes, or new maps .. especially the issue of aircraft,  because even we already have many missing important aircraft, without which does not exist in Rise of Flight a Zeppelin

Thx to all 

Salut Lothar29

BannerFEOWPiave2012.png

#124 GOZR

GOZR
  • LocationAshland, Oregon

Posted 07 January 2016 - 16:19

Why do we need this ?  RoF is not enough is it a sign that something need to be done when we need an external software to improve RoF .. seriously 

#125 arthursmedley

arthursmedley

Posted 08 January 2016 - 00:47

Why do we need this ?  RoF is not enough is it a sign that something need to be done when we need an external software to improve RoF .. seriously 

GOZR, are you sure you know what you're talking about?  I use Reshade in RoF, BoS, CoD and DCS.  In my opinion it improves all of them.  You can even use a version in IL2 1946.  It's also used in every other pc game out there.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Don't knock it until you've tried it.

#126 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 08 January 2016 - 14:52

I think I know what GOZR is talking about.

If you like realistic colors there is no need for that FX stuff, like Hollywood colors yeah then it could be useful.  Read this posting from Hellshade, he hit the nail on that: http://simhq.com/for...WOF#Post4211746

Why the need of all that extra software that is sometimes causing CTD and frame rate drops. Keep your OS mean and Lean.

Tell me Arthur, did you do a calibration on your monitor??

note, I did give FX a try on my system. 

If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#127 arthursmedley

arthursmedley

Posted 08 January 2016 - 18:41

Yep, my monitor is calibrated and I still use Re-Shade.  i like it and find it has a minimal effect on performance.   You're idea of "realistic" colours might differ from mine which is cool as this is all a matter of choice.

Choices are good.

I completely agree with having a lean, mean PC but since the demise of Win XP it seems we have to put up with a whole load more unwanted crud from Microsoft, Nvidia, etc.  

#128 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:20

Dear chaps.

thought I might give SweetFX a bash and use the FlightFX widget.

Heck.

Not bothered with colour and stuff but the Lumasharpen thing is great.

It really makes it easier on my eyes.

Definitely thumbs up for that effect. 

Salute!

Plank.

-

Captured again!

#129 J2_Mr_Tree

J2_Mr_Tree

Posted 14 April 2016 - 13:06

Currently I'm running RoF on let's say a little above medium visual settings. This seem to work fine i don't thibk the laptop can run it on full visual.

Can is still benifit from something like sweetfx? Never used it before have zero knowledge about it :D

#130 Y0Y0

Y0Y0

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:35

Is it any idea how to use SweetFX/Redshade but with turning ON antialiasing in the sim from his menu?
I see that SweetFX works only if the AA is turn off in RoF but without antialiasing RoF dosent look good.

#131 FurphyForum

FurphyForum

Posted 08 August 2018 - 00:02

Ok -necro'd from the dead,

but can any of you guys get this to work since the update? It just crashes the game as soon as I press start on the client. I've used the same install path and procedures as before, tips and suggestions from above posts - no joy.  :icon_e_sad:

CPU-Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs),~4.2GHz; PSU-Cooler Master V750 80 Plus Gold 750 watt; CPU COOLER-Cooler Master, Master Liquid Pro 140;

SSD-Samsung 960 Pro 250GB series NvM'e M.2; HHD-Seagate Firecuda 2TB 3.5in 64MB Cache SSHD ST1000 DX 002; GPU-ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE GTX 1070 Gaming OC 8GB RAM;

MOBO-ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero; RAM-Corsair Vengeance LPX 2X8 16GB RAM DDR4 2400MHz; OS-Windows 10 Home 64-bit; Keyboard-Corsair Gaming K70 RAPIDFIRE;

Saitek X-52 Pro; Saitek Rudder Pedals 

#132 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 08 August 2018 - 07:34

I stopped using it years ago.

Gave me something similar in CloD, would crash my game after  a few minutes.

After a while I took it off my PC.

In all honesty I't didn't make that much difference to me. 

I used it for the MSAA and FXAA in clod as the game doesn't really do AA that well on it's own.

sig.png

#133 Odovacer

Odovacer
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 11 September 2018 - 17:11

Is sweet FX still a thing? Or has it been superseded by something else, rendered unnecessary by developer update etc. etc.?

Ack! Never mind, didn't realise I hadn't gotten to the end of the thread. Sorry for unnecessary drivel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users