• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#1 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 02 December 2012 - 23:12

Pilots,

If you already enjoy SweetFX with ROF, then you'll love FlightFX for ROF!

What is FlightFX?

It is an app that allows you to manage your SweetFX settings in ROF with the help of a GUI.

FlightFX was developed by our friend Gabi Lazar aka Laser at my encouragement.

If you are already using SweetFX with ROF:

1. Download and install FlightFX.

2. Before you open it for the first time, copy your current SweetFX settings file for ROF found in the Data folder and place it in a safe place. Then give it a unique name. Then place your newly named SweetFX settings file into the FlightFX-Presets folder. The default path will be C:\Program Files (x86)\FlightFX\FX\SweetFX\Presets.

3. Launch FlightFX app and create a profile for your ROF install by telling FlightFX where you have installed the ROF.exe.

4. On the Profile Manager tab check the Enable SweetFX box to enable it for your ROF install. When you check the box, FlightFX installs all the necessary files into your ROF folder and sub-folders. When you uncheck the box, it removes those files from your ROF folder and sub-folders.

5. Then click on Edit SweetFX Settings button.

6. While on the FX Settings tab click on Load From and then select your previous settings file you renamed earlier. This will associate your old settings with ROF within FlightFX. You can then tweak from there if needed. There is no need to apply the settings, it has already been applied on the fly.

7. Minimize FlightFX and start ROF and you should see your SweetFX settings in-game. You can Alt-Tab between ROF and FlightFX to make real-time changes just as you have done before with the .txt file.

Make sure to read the included Readme. You can access it by hitting the Help button.

If you are new to SweetFX with ROF:

1. Download and install FlightFX.

2. Launch FlightFX app and create a profile for your ROF install by telling FlightFX where you have installed the ROF.exe.

3. On the Profile Manager tab check the Enable SweetFX box to enable it for your ROF install. When you check the box, FlightFX installs all the necessary files into your ROF folder and sub-folders. When you uncheck the box, it removes those files from your ROF folder and sub-folders.

4. Then click on Edit SweetFX Settings button.

5. While on the FX Settings tab click the Load From button and select the SweetFX_ROF_settings preset. This will give you a good starting point for further tweaking. Make any changes you wish and remember that you do not need to apply anything. it writes the changes on the fly.

7. Minimize FlightFX and start ROF and you should see your SweetFX settings in-game. You can Alt-Tab between ROF and FlightFX to make real-time changes just as you have done before with the .txt file.

Make sure to read the included Readme. You can access it by hitting the Help button.

Note: Program which keys do what on the Profile Manager tab before you fly with FlightFX. Choose keys that do not conflict with other programs or controls within ROF itself. To see any new changes you made you'll need to refresh the shader. The "key-code" is the technical key # Windows uses for the button you chose. Just place your moure cursor in the box and press a key to assign.

Download FlightFX here:

http://www.777studio...ightFX_V1.0.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.777studio...t/ROF_Utilities … X_V1.0.zip

Attached File  FlightFX_Profile_Page.jpg   330.59KB   70053 downloads

Attached File  FlightFX_Settings_Page.jpg   219.63KB   70022 downloads

Attached File  FlightFX_About_Page.jpg   466.89KB   70017 downloads

#2 Laser

Laser

Posted 02 December 2012 - 23:32

Jason, many thanks for all the support you've given me throughout the time i wrote the application - and also for the detailed tutorial you provided just above :S!:

I hope many of you will find the lil' app useful!

UPDATED: This is a video made by Twimpin/PathToGreatness, which shows very clearly how to import SweetFX presets, install FlightFX, add a game profile, override data folder, where files go, how to configure a preset etc. Very nice and detailed (TY!)

#3 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 02 December 2012 - 23:35

This looks very cool. I'd decided to take a break from playing around with SweetFX 'cause I'm really happy with what I've wound up with, but seeing this just might tempt me to try some more tweaking - and for those who have been on the fence wondering about giving SweetFX a try, this looks like it should make it a lot easier to dive in and try it.

Great work as usual Laser - and thanks again to Jason for such great cooperation with the modding community for RoF :S!:

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#4 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:23

Seems like a nice tool, but i think i'll leave it the way i adjusted it without…
Don't want to mess up anymore! :)

#5 Feathered_IV

Feathered_IV

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:32

Amazing. I will definitely use this. I wonder if it works with other titles too. The Rise of Flight logos and screens will help introduce new people to the series too. :)

#6 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:44

Cool Laser. Your tool is better than CeeJay's. Thanks.

#7 WindyCityZeke

WindyCityZeke

Posted 03 December 2012 - 13:56

So, all you need to do now is download and install this new app? No need to download SweetFX?

#8 Laser

Laser

Posted 03 December 2012 - 15:10

So, all you need to do now is download and install this new app? No need to download SweetFX?

Yep, SweetFX 1.3 is included with FlightFX as of course it's used internally.

#9 Voidhunger

Voidhunger

Posted 03 December 2012 - 15:11

Nice program, thanks :S!:

#10 wrong_name_400

wrong_name_400

Posted 03 December 2012 - 18:31

Appreciate this program that make the use of SweetFX much more easy !.. ;)

#11 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 03 December 2012 - 19:04

thanks Jason!!!
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#12 ollivier-berry

ollivier-berry

Posted 03 December 2012 - 23:03

Great guy's just what i need, and mixed with nvidia inspector its hard at starting to find the good setting but what a shine in the eyes,

than'ks thank's thank's

Olliverstone aka VON BERRY

#13 Avatar

Posted 04 December 2012 - 00:42

Cool! Thanks for the heads up Jason and thanks for the program Laser!! :S!:

ASUS Maximus VII, i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 970 SSC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133, Win 7 Pro, Track IR5, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, 2 MFCDs, 32" Bravia & 2 19" Syncmaster monitors

#14 HippyDruid

HippyDruid

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:32

What an awesome little app. And very much needed.

Now, it's time to see the action! :P

Here's a quick little snippet from some online action I recorded.

#15 DudkoB

DudkoB

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:40

Very nice job, Laser!
:S!:

#16 JG1Baron_J6

JG1Baron_J6

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:14

Very usefull utility, many thnx. :S!: 8-)

lZOFjj.jpg

RIKzxM.jpg

#17 wrong_name_400

wrong_name_400

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:00

HippyDruid witch FlightFX settings did you used for your video… (materials: Proc, Ram, CG ?..)

;)

#18 thx1138

thx1138

Posted 04 December 2012 - 13:53

Well it works here and it looked quite nice.

Problem I had is when using it, I lost my 6 DOF with my Trackir. I could still look around but no leaning out of the cockpit, or looking around the stick at the fuel gauge in my Spad.

As soon as I stopped using FlightFX my 6 DOF came back to my Trackir.

ROF is the very first flight sim where I feel I need that 6 DOF.

#19 thx1138

thx1138

Posted 04 December 2012 - 13:57

What an awesome little app. And very much needed.

Now, it's time to see the action! :P

Here's a quick little snippet from some online action I recorded.

Nice video. I felt sorry for the Re 8 driver with all the Alby's swarming around. Kinda a bummer he got rammed…

Nice looking video !

#20 Laser

Laser

Posted 04 December 2012 - 14:35

Well it works here and it looked quite nice.

Problem I had is when using it, I lost my 6 DOF with my Trackir. I could still look around but no leaning out of the cockpit, or looking around the stick at the fuel gauge in my Spad.

As soon as I stopped using FlightFX my 6 DOF came back to my Trackir.

ROF is the very first flight sim where I feel I need that 6 DOF.

How very strange - i use 6DOF TiR with no problems (i don't mean it's impossible) - in any case you should first search for SweetFX-TrackIR combination problems as FlightFX is only a GUI to SweetFX.

For example, SweeetFX also conflicts with TeamSpeak overlay, from what i heard, but i don't know if for everybody ? or only in some cases?

#21 tvrtko

tvrtko

Posted 04 December 2012 - 15:03

How very strange - i use 6DOF TiR with no problems (i don't mean it's impossible) - in any case you should first search for SweetFX-TrackIR combination problems as FlightFX is only a GUI to SweetFX.
For example, SweeetFX also conflicts with TeamSpeak overlay, from what i heard, but i don't know if for everybody ? or only in some cases?
Don't get me wrong L., I use it - just won't
experiment with it much more now, when I
found my "sweet spot" but…
with SweetFX nothing can surprise me now.
For instance, some guys report FRAPS work
with it, some other(me being among those
unfortunate) - can't make it work. Not with
"post process" ON or OFF.
So maybe this "6DOF SweetFX issue" is also
dependable from one to another computer. :idea:

#22 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 04 December 2012 - 15:48

A really handy utility, Laser! Thank you!

And many thanks to Jason for both the SweetFX link and the use of his settings!

My 6DOF in TIR5 works just fine and Fraps seems happy as well.

Nice graphics improvements and Laser has made it much easier to install.

HT

#23 Pimpin

Pimpin

Posted 04 December 2012 - 16:26

Is there an on/off button, or is it called something else?

#24 Laser

Laser

Posted 04 December 2012 - 16:35

@ALL - thank you for your reactions :)

Yes, it's the "Enable SweetFX" checkbox on first tab/page.

When you uncheck it, all the SweetFX files are removed from the game folder(s); when you check it, they are put back; the SweetFX settings are preserved though, because they are not kept there, but rather in a FlightFX subfolder.

#25 DennyMala

DennyMala
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 December 2012 - 17:26

Great piece of software. I really appreciate it as I'm not a graphic guru and I was having a really hard time figuring out what changed what but now it's much more easy and intuitive.

Thanks a lot. :S!:

#26 Pimpin

Pimpin

Posted 04 December 2012 - 17:35

When you uncheck it, all the SweetFX files are removed from the game folder(s); when you check it, they are put back; the SweetFX settings are preserved though, because they are not kept there, but rather in a FlightFX subfolder.
Ah thanks Laser, I tried that box last night while the game was running, and got a black screen and had to reboot lol. I was hoping there might have been one 'in game'. No matter though, its a very nice programme!

#27 TX-Gunslinger

TX-Gunslinger

Posted 04 December 2012 - 20:47

Thanks Laser for FlightFX!

Thanks Jason for so many things!

#28 GOZR

GOZR
  • LocationAshland, Oregon

Posted 04 December 2012 - 21:04

Great app.. Thank you Jason.. I really like it ;)

#29 Laser

Laser

Posted 04 December 2012 - 21:25

Ah thanks Laser, I tried that box last night while the game was running, and got a black screen and had to reboot lol. I was hoping there might have been one 'in game'. No matter though, its a very nice programme!

Ah! But there is one in game - the "Shaders ON/OFF" key - by default it's set to Scroll Lock i think (keyboard code 145), you can change it to another key (with few exceptions) and use it in game - you will have SweetFX enabled all the time, but the actual effects will be shown/hidden by SweetFX as you press that key.

(Changing that key or anything under the "injector settings" part takes effect only after game restart)

#30 Dooga

Dooga

Posted 04 December 2012 - 21:56

Got it, and also just tried it out with FSX which also works nicely. Thanks a lot!

#31 thx1138

thx1138

Posted 04 December 2012 - 22:51

Don't get me wrong L., I use it - just won't
experiment with it much more now, when I
found my "sweet spot" but…
with SweetFX nothing can surprise me now.
For instance, some guys report FRAPS work
with it, some other(me being among those
unfortunate) - can't make it work. Not with
"post process" ON or OFF.
So maybe this "6DOF SweetFX issue" is also
dependable from one to another computer. :idea:

Well for the moment I'll be online without it. When SWMBO allows me the time then I'll try it again and tweak it. Because SweetFX really does look nice.

I'm using Fifi's settings without it right now (as per another thread about eye candy) I get good frame rates no stutters online and a really nice (to me) viewing and scenery.

#32 HippyDruid

HippyDruid

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:22

HippyDruid witch FlightFX settings did you used for your video… (materials: Proc, Ram, CG ?..)

;)

I actually used Jason's final SweetFX settings - unedited. We must have somewhat similar settings for the displays used. As others I tried such as Fifi's etc all seemed way to dark on my setup.

The video was recorded with DXTory with just some Minor timeline editing in Sony Vegas.

Everything was played, recorded and edited with the following:

i5 2500k
Dual HD6950s .
8Gb Ram.

There is a slight fps and quality loss with the video being rendered from Rof by DxTory, and then being rendered again by Vegas for YouTube. It's nothing major but the image is not quite as sharp as it should be.

I'm sure with some more fiddling with the video codecs I can improve the quality, but I feel it serves it's purpose for the time being.

#33 HippyDruid

HippyDruid

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:27

Nice video. I felt sorry for the Re 8 driver with all the Alby's swarming around. Kinda a bummer he got rammed…

Nice looking video !

Cheers man,

I was suprised the swarm didn't slap him out of the sky sooner. :P

#34 thx1138

thx1138

Posted 05 December 2012 - 16:52

A really handy utility, Laser! Thank you!

And many thanks to Jason for both the SweetFX link and the use of his settings!

My 6DOF in TIR5 works just fine

HT

Ok, I just tried it again, and no problems with my Trackir. Worked perfectly.

Now I'm really happy, just have to tweak some settings, but everything looks smoother and better now.

Thanx Jason for posting this.

Pic with FlightFX from online Flying Circus today

#35 jjgal

jjgal

Posted 06 December 2012 - 00:37

Hi to all

this link do not work for me http://www.777studio...t/ROF_Utilities" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.777studio...t/ROF_Utilities … X_V1.0.zip I got time out I m using IDM to download help please

Jean :0o:

#36 Laser

Laser

Posted 06 December 2012 - 00:53

Hi to all

this link do not work for me http://www.777studio...t/ROF_Utilities … X_V1.0.zip I got time out I m using IDM to download help please

Jean :0o:

Try to copy-paste this in a browser (without quotes)

"http://www.777studio...ghtFX_V1.0.zip";

#37 jjgal

jjgal

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:46

tks but same problem time out again

#38 grinningmonk

grinningmonk

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:53

Nice app, better than playing around with the text editor. found a nice setting, sky a bit bluer, things a touch warmer. Very nice.

If people still have issues with downloading I'd be able to throw up a temporary mirror for the file. Just let me know.

#39 jjgal

jjgal

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:49

HI grinning that would be be very much appreciated

thank's

#40 grinningmonk

grinningmonk

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:44

Try this one then mate: http://grinningmonk....ightFX_V1.0.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://grinningmonk....ightFX_V1.0.zip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users