Photo
- - - - -

Help with modding.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 17 November 2012 - 15:43

I figured out how to use unGTP and have extracted all of the landscape files as I want to try and play around with them..

So the questions I need answering!

Firstly, once I'm done modifying the textures, how do I then re-pack them all and test them in game?

Secondly, how do I know which textures are used for what. There's a number of files for landscape textures and I'm not sure how any of them are used in game. For example..

"landtexturesquality" Which contains DDS and FSC files named specifically after various areas in the game, arras, amiens etc.

I don't know if this stuff even can be modified but I figured I would try and play around with them, if someone can just tell me how to test stuff in game I'm sure I can experiment and figure the rest out.

#2 AnKor85

AnKor85

Posted 17 November 2012 - 16:30

Firstly, once I'm done modifying the textures, how do I then re-pack them all and test them in game?
That's what "modifications ON" mode is for.
By default ungtp extracts files into a folder called "(null)".
Let's say you modified a texture extracted from gtp archive:
(null)\graphics\landscape\landtexturesquality\amiens01.dds

Now, to see it in the game you must enable modifications and copy your modified file into game's "data" folder like that:
C:\Games\Rise of Flight\data\graphics\landscape\landtexturesquality\amiens01.dds

So, the rule is - keep the same subfolder, but instead of (null) put your modified files into ROF's data folder. That's how all mods are made.
If you forgot which files you modified, here is the tool I made some time ago: Mod Search and Removal Tool (shameless self-promotion :))

"landtexturesquality" Which contains DDS and FSC files named specifically after various areas in the game, arras, amiens etc.
I don't know if this stuff even can be modified but I figured I would try and play around with them, if someone can just tell me how to test stuff in game I'm sure I can experiment and figure the rest out.
Yes you can mod them just like anything else.
Those FSC are tree placement files - they are used for trees you see along dirt roads or field borders, you can't edit them directly, but there is a tool from developers to generate FSC from alpha-channel of corresponding DDS. That's what WW1EAF_Paf did for his Roucourt project.

Though I doubt there are much use in messing with those textures without any specific idea in mind.
Instead you may try to play with no-mans land placement: Simple tools for moving no-mans land textures (shameless self-promotion again :))

#3 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 17 November 2012 - 16:34

Thanks a bunch Ankor, I can go from there then!

#4 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 17 November 2012 - 17:51

Anyone have any idea where to find the big overlay that goes on top of all the terrain? There's like this grain over the terrain but I can't seem to find a file for that anywhere.

#5 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:10

grain over the terrain ?
You might have to show a photo / screenshot of this as it could be a number of textures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users