- - - - -

"Flying Fury" Campaign is Released

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#81 Endy

Endy

Posted 10 November 2012 - 21:25

J.H. The game directory should be—-

Your drive number ie. C:/Program Files/Rise of Flight.

#82 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:25

It is truly an amazing accomplishment Prangster, and all congratulations go to you on this effort.
I hope it is just the beginning of a beautiful relationship…
:S!:

#83 john_howard

john_howard

Posted 11 November 2012 - 13:24

Thanks ENDY. but I think its just not there,Im doing some thing wrong with the downloads. Ive "run" Ive "saved" and "run & saved". Seems to be as non-existant as my dog fighting tally on this sim…. thanks anyway.

#84 Endy

Endy

Posted 11 November 2012 - 13:53

J.H.

One more thing you could try. If you have a Rise of Flight icon on your desktop.
Right click on icon. Go down to properties, click on that, it should then give you the data where your ROF folder is.
Fingers crossed for you.

#85 john_howard

john_howard

Posted 11 November 2012 - 16:24

Endy. I gave that a try, but no joy. Maybe I need to put it back into addministrator or something, I just thuoght that was a bit dodgie to leave that set up on. I will give it another try from scratch in a few days time, got a bit feed up with trying for now. the game itself is fine, its just the computer iliterate pilot is a bit shit. Thanks for trying………..

#86 OlPaint01

OlPaint01

Posted 13 November 2012 - 16:37

Prangster

I discovered that I must run Flying Fury - Cambrai campaign missions with the MODS OFF setting. Is this normal?

With MODS ON, I get Mission Map and Mission Description to display for each of the mission choices but the moment I click the START button, I CTD and get rof.exe message that "rof.exe has encoutered a problem and need to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." ROF gets completely shut down and I must restart it from my desktop shortcut. Just by accident and experimentation, I found that MODS OFF setting allowed me to fly each mission in the set.

This, of course, means that all my Mods are disabled in order to fly any of the Flying Fury Campaign.

OlPaint

#87 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 13 November 2012 - 17:07

I fly with mods-on and no CTD.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#88 =OT=HORSE1

=OT=HORSE1

Posted 14 November 2012 - 14:06

as usual … thanks much.

#89 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 14 November 2012 - 22:44

Prangster

I discovered that I must run Flying Fury - Cambrai campaign missions with the MODS OFF setting. Is this normal?

With MODS ON, I get Mission Map and Mission Description to display for each of the mission choices but the moment I click the START button, I CTD and get rof.exe message that "rof.exe has encoutered a problem and need to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." ROF gets completely shut down and I must restart it from my desktop shortcut. Just by accident and experimentation, I found that MODS OFF setting allowed me to fly each mission in the set.

This, of course, means that all my Mods are disabled in order to fly any of the Flying Fury Campaign.

OlPaint

Can't say for sure, but that problem may not be related to Prangster's campaign at all, but to you possibly having some older, now-incompatible mods installed that cause things to crash when you check the "mods on" setting. Because of some of the changes to the game over the last couple of updates/patches, many older mods were rendered incompatible and will cause such crashes unless they have been updated to work with the latest patch version (some mods have been, some haven't).

Are you having similar problems flying other types of missions with "mods on"? Even if not, there could just be something about some of the missions that trigger the mod-related problems and some might not. Best bet would be to disable/deactivate/uninstall all your mods (that's what makes JSGME so valuable - it makes that very easy to do) and then try running Prangster's campaign in "mods on" mode and see if the problem persists.

Good luck!

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#90 OlPaint01

OlPaint01

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:12

@Panthercules

Thanks for the advice. I deactivated all my Mods in JSGME and still was having issues with CTD with Mods ON. I tried a Recovery but still not successful. So, as a last resort, I completely uninstalled ROF and reinstalled it from my original ROF installer DVD. I soon discovered that DotNET v3.5 was corrupted and the ROF installer repaired the fault automatically. Then it took me practically all day to upgrade to the current ROF version 1.028b over my slow Internet connection.

Well, that completely solved my CTD issues with Mods ON. I am a happy camper now. I can run all the original bundled ROF campaigns, Vander's 'St Mihiel' campaign, Patrick Wilson's and Ankor's 'PWCG GUI Mod' and Prangster's 'Flying Fury - Cambrai' campaign with no further issues.

BTW, is there a ROF Forum thread that has the links to all the latest upgraded MODS…particularly Criquet's AI and Avimimus's Gunner Mods?

OlPaint

#91 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:15

Glad you got it sorted. I've gotten so used to doing recoveries that I tend to assume that everybody does that routinely and neglected to mention that in my response - might have saved you some trouble as it might have repaired the DotNET problem without having to do all that reinstalling (but then again, maybe not - seems to work most times but not always as far as fixing problems). Something to keep in mind for next time anyway, if there is a next time.

I haven't spent much time in the mods section of the forum (tend to gravitate toward the skins sections, for some reason :) ), so I'm not sure if there's one place to find that sort of list - you might check out these threads though - they might have something of what you're looking for:

Gunner Position / AI mods (Version 1.028b Update)

Mod Compilation (with JSGME organization!)

Good luck!

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#92 MaYBiS

MaYBiS

Posted 19 November 2012 - 23:24

Wow looks hella fun.. I would get it but only in my dreams I could take down 8 and land…ive yet to set up my new flight stick for this game. :(

#93 =PterosauRUS=

=PterosauRUS=

Posted 01 December 2012 - 17:22

Great thanks for this!!!! I have bought SE5a right for this compane!!!
8-)
Will try it next weekend! :x

#94 Matthias46

Matthias46

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:45

Thanks for your work!!!

#95 juanfrank

juanfrank

Posted 25 December 2012 - 19:33

Does "Flying Fury" works with 1.029?
When I try to fly a mission there is a CTD

Same thing for Biggles mission

#96 Prangster

Prangster

Posted 25 December 2012 - 19:50

Does "Flying Fury" works with 1.029?
When I try to fly a mission there is a CTD

Same thing for Biggles mission

If you previously downloaded the campaign and your missions don't load you will need to download and install the update version for RoF 1.029 on one of the links below.

Download the campaign (updated for version 1.029} from Box.net: Flying_Fury-Cambrai.zip 43MB

Mirror at Mediafire Flying_Fury-Cambrai.zip

I've updated the Biggles mission as well
BigglesCh01.zip, 330KB

Cheers

Prangster

SWsig.jpg

#97 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 25 December 2012 - 21:28

Lets hope one day, such a nice work could implemented to the career mode!!! 777 please do??
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#98 Dauntless1

Dauntless1

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:32

Thanks for updating them!! :S!:

#99 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 25 January 2013 - 20:34

Well, first I will try beating the canon campaigns, then I shall try others, including this one.

Though I kinda have to ask - Is someone planning to make a campaign dedicated to Jasta 11? You know, so that we can try the entire Albatros family, Fokker dr. 1 and so on - FOR REAL.

#100 Pierre2

Pierre2
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:46

Since 1.029b, I get CTD's every time I attempt to start a mission in this campaign?

#101 Prangster

Prangster

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:46

Since 1.029b, I get CTD's every time I attempt to start a mission in this campaign?

Pierre2 the 1.029 update broke the missions. Download the updated version from the start of this thread and re-install. That should solve your problem. If it doesn't then also check that you aren't running mods on as some old mods can cause problems with the new game version.

Prangster

SWsig.jpg

#102 Pierre2

Pierre2
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:13

Pierre2 the 1.029 update broke the missions. Download the updated version from the start of this thread and re-install. That should solve your problem. If it doesn't then also check that you aren't running mods on as some old mods can cause problems with the new game version.

Prangster, I had it working with 1.029, its after 1.029b that the CTD's started.

#103 Pierre2

Pierre2
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:27

Is anyone else getting CTD's with these missions after installing 1.029b?

#104 Prangster

Prangster

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:53

Pierre2, I tried a few missions in 1.029b and am not having any issues. Which of the missions is giving the error?

Prangster

SWsig.jpg

#105 Pierre2

Pierre2
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:51

Prangster,
I flew missions 1and 2 with 1.029 without any problem.
Updated to 1.029b and tried mission 3 several times (with mods on, then tried with mods off) - CTD!s
Then tried mission 4 -CTD
Retried mission 1 again - CTD
Tried both online and offline with the same result.

#106 jblaverick

jblaverick

Posted 27 January 2013 - 16:03

Due to very slow internet I was reluctant to try, but after being impressed with the Biggles missions I thought I'd give it a go.

After a 2 hour wait I can only say wow! And thank you - really interesting flights, each and every one.

#107 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 20 February 2013 - 20:33

I wonder what is wrong with this campaign…

Before i start the first mission i can see the missions 1-9.
After completing the first mission there is no after report by McCudden and mission one appears twice while mission two has disappeared. :?

Then mission 5 and 6 are the same while mission 7 has disappeared :o

Attached File  2013_2_20__20_27_59.JPG   94KB   458 downloads

Mission 8 is dated 5. December and mission 9 is 30 November. WTH

Downloaded the campaign again..same result

#108 klementovich

klementovich

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:14

you need to select the English localization of the game

#109 Buz13

Buz13

Posted 21 February 2013 - 15:02

Followed installation instructions but Flying Fury does not show up in Missions List….
Have the latest version of game installed 1.029b
Any ideas?

Thanks

#110 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 21 February 2013 - 15:17

Have you checked your root folder to see if the campaign folder has actualy installed in the correct place?
It should be in Rise of Flight/data/Missions/Flying Fury…

#111 Buz13

Buz13

Posted 21 February 2013 - 18:01

Have you checked your root folder to see if the campaign folder has actualy installed in the correct place?
It should be in Rise of Flight/data/Missions/Flying Fury…

No it was not installed properly when following instructions so I have manually installed it and it works…..

Thanks much

#112 pippin

pippin

Posted 09 July 2013 - 15:07

Just installed ROF on my new rig and grabbed this campaign straight away, well done on an excellent set of missions. I just love the SE5. Got to say this is a lot trickier than flying in iL2!! I am loving it.

Ian

#113 Prangster

Prangster

Posted 09 July 2013 - 19:42

Just installed ROF on my new rig and grabbed this campaign straight away, well done on an excellent set of missions. I just love the SE5. Got to say this is a lot trickier than flying in iL2!! I am loving it.

Ian

Thanks Ian.

Prangster

SWsig.jpg

#114 ericfligt

ericfligt

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:55

thank for you campain!!!

#115 Mikemat

Mikemat

Posted 23 November 2013 - 16:58

Thank you for your fantastic work.

#116 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 02 May 2014 - 19:55

Thank you for your fantastic work.

Indeed.

I finally got around to flying these in the past couple weeks and they're very
nicely done, and a fun way to get some good SE5a flight time in.

Thanks for doing these, Prangster!

Regards,
4 :S!:

#117 BungoPete

BungoPete

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:16

That was a great book gotta find a copy and read it again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users