Photo
- - - - -

when downloading the F2P client the ZIP seems broken (Fixed)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Fokkxor

Fokkxor

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:47

i downloaded the F2P client 2 times today with about 300kbs. this took ages but now it works. win 7 and 7zip could not ope the file, it showed as broken. after redownloading and haveing the same problem i downloaded win rar only to try it and it works.

something seems broken. maybe have a look at the file.

#2 von_Semmel

von_Semmel
  • LocationGermany / Munich

Posted 10 October 2012 - 15:27

i downloaded the F2P client 2 times today with about 300kbs. this took ages but now it works. win 7 and 7zip could not ope the file, it showed as broken. after redownloading and haveing the same problem i downloaded win rar only to try it and it works.

something seems broken. maybe have a look at the file.
hmm its working for me with 7zip :?

#3 Fokkxor

Fokkxor

Posted 10 October 2012 - 22:17

while browsing the forums today i found an other thread with same problem, for this person not even winRAR could do it.

maybe its some weird compatibly problem, like my 7zip version doesnt like the file, also win7 zip functionality could not do it for me, i needed win rar.

i guess there is nothing wrong with the file, but its a weird issue on my end. anyways, i could fix it so its ok.

#4 B16Enk

B16Enk

Posted 18 October 2012 - 13:23

I have downloaded it twice today, once with torrent and once via http.

Both report corrupt with 7Zip and internal Windows zip file handling.

Will try WinRar when I can find it, stopped using that years ago when I found 7Zip and its improved (free) file handling and compression.

#5 TheGreyCat

TheGreyCat

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:26

I am having same issue with all ROF_Free2Play_Client_1028b.zip files. I am using 7zip on Win7 X64.

for those having problems, I downloaded the DEMO ROF_ICE_DIGITAL version www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/rof/ROF_ICE_DIGITAL.exe and updated to latest version.

#6 Ja52Krupi

Ja52Krupi

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:09

I am having same issue with all ROF_Free2Play_Client_1028b.zip files. I am using 7zip on Win7 X64.

for those having problems, I downloaded the DEMO ROF_ICE_DIGITAL version www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/rof/ROF_ICE_DIGITAL.exe and updated to latest version.

Thanks for the link dude :S!:

#7 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 18 November 2012 - 20:22

Guys,

The archives themselves are not actually broken, something is happening during download. This is a fairly recent occurance as the popularity and the size of ROF itself has grown in the past few months. We think it has to do with the load on the servers themselves. We are working to fix this by expanding our server network. Please bare with us as we work to improve our download solution.

Jason

#8 DKoor

DKoor

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:26

I have tried link#1 and link#2 both times I got errors and could not open files (after I fully d/led them 4,6GB v1.028).
I downloaded game thru torrent and it was ok.
Although I'm having issues with erasing torrent2exe client now. :D

#9 Laser

Laser

Posted 20 November 2012 - 14:21

I have downloaded it twice today, once with torrent and once via http.

Both report corrupt with 7Zip and internal Windows zip file handling.

Will try WinRar when I can find it, stopped using that years ago when I found 7Zip and its improved (free) file handling and compression.

It happened to me with the torrent version once, but Total Commander's internal extractor didn't complained, while 7zip and Windows' zip utility both did.

#10 VonSensburg

VonSensburg

Posted 22 November 2012 - 23:05

WinRAR solves the problem!

#11 theOden

theOden

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:17

What's the official winrar site?
(don't want to risk internet-crap just because this huge d/l don't want to talk to 7z)

.. not a good start this, is it?

#12 theOden

theOden

Posted 15 December 2012 - 22:49

oh ok, well. thanks for all the fish.

#13 Woops

Woops

Posted 16 December 2012 - 00:03

http://www.rarlab.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.rarlab.com
Works for me.

#14 chadbag

chadbag

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:47

WinRAR won't open it for me. Neither will the Windows 7 in-built zip capability or 7zip.

I've downloaded it twice (USA option 2 and 3). Trying again.

Been a frustrating evening as I had to install Windows on my Mac Pro and the Windows 7 installer kept giving an error (finally a Google search had the answer – temporarily remove all the other disks and leave only the installation disk). After that I was OK. Lots of other niggly problems. Then, when I finally got Windows running fine (and my windows experience score, whatever that means, is 7.3 so hopefully ROF will run OK), I cannot unpack ROF. What a day!

#15 chadbag

chadbag

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:46

Finally got it on my 4th attempt. Got it installed. Now to try it once before I go to bed. (almost 4am)

#16 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 21 December 2012 - 18:58

Glad you finally got it sorted. Sorry you had so much trouble - hopefully it will be smooth sailing (or flying) from now on.

Welcome to RoF and to the Forums!

Once you get everything up and running, be sure to check out this thread for info on all the great skins/paint jobs available for these planes for use with RoF:

STICKY THREAD COMPILATION - Useful Skinning-related Info

Enjoy!

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#17 doggedroman

doggedroman

Posted 04 October 2014 - 20:53

have never gotten that far. have downloaded this thing at least 30 times. never even played it. i dont think they are interested in making a working game and they are not likely to reimburse the time i wasted on their junk. its sad

#18 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 04 October 2014 - 21:09

doggedroman What is your internet speed?

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users