Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

ROF GUI Mod for PWCG Released

• Please log in to reply
542 replies to this topic

#81 W1ndy

W1ndy

Posted 10 October 2012 - 14:40

AnKor85 I sent you a PM but it borked I think and didnt send. anyway, downloading the latest Java fixed my issue.

Thanks

#82 gwalch

gwalch

Posted 10 October 2012 - 14:59

Yes,GUI file corrupted.
Will not download to full amount.
Try again tonight.

#83 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 10 October 2012 - 16:11

Man this is great news, I always play PWCG and never the career Btw.
Guess it is only, extract the file and copy/paste the interface.gfx file into the swf map :?:
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#84 JimHS

JimHS
  • LocationPfafftown, NC 27040

Posted 10 October 2012 - 19:31

S! All,

Downloaded the PWCG and installed it to my Rise of Flight folder on drive C:/. I see a new folder within my Rise of Flight folder named "RoFCampaign". When I open this folder, I see a campaigns folder, a Data folder, and the files .classpath, .project, log.txt, README.txt, RoFCampaign.jar, and RoFCampaign.rtf. When I load RoF, I don't see any buttons with "PWCG" or any reference to "PWCG" on any screen. How do I go about running this download from my RoF screen? What am I doing wrong/missing?

Thanks in advance for all your help and advice,

JimHS

#85 von_Heimler

von_Heimler
  • LocationChilliwack, BC Canada

Posted 10 October 2012 - 19:39

S! All,

Downloaded the PWCG and installed it to my Rise of Flight folder on drive C:/. I see a new folder within my Rise of Flight folder named "RoFCampaign". When I open this folder, I see a campaigns folder, a Data folder, and the files .classpath, .project, log.txt, README.txt, RoFCampaign.jar, and RoFCampaign.rtf. When I load RoF, I don't see any buttons with "PWCG" or any reference to "PWCG" on any screen. How do I go about running this download from my RoF screen? What am I doing wrong/missing?

JimHS

Now that you have PWCG installed you need to download and Install the GUI mod. Info is on first page of this thread under the first post by Jason.

You will need to activate mods on in the game settings tab.

You will be good to go.

Cheers,

Signature_zpsy2runyft.jpg

"Become an Ace by mastering your aircraft!"

#86 Raine

Raine

Posted 10 October 2012 - 19:51

S! All,

JimHS

Don't forget – in addition to Von Heimler's advice – to go into your Rise of Flight \ data folder and edit the startup.cfg file so that the mission text log line under [KEY = system] reads "mission_text_log = 1".

#87 gwalch

gwalch

Posted 10 October 2012 - 19:59

Well,got the PWCG showing up and seemingly intact but not in the game.The GUI Mod on the other hand is nowhere to be seen.
Off to open a nice bottle of wine and drink to forget.
Hot Tom told me rightly to "cowboy up",guess I'm just plain old Calamity Jane!

#88 JimHS

JimHS

Posted 10 October 2012 - 20:57

Thanks gentlemen,

I'm making progress…..I'm now seeing a "PWCG" button in RoF Main Menu! Followed Raine's suggestion and changed mission_text_log=1. Now when I hit the PWCG button I go to the desktop with a window that shows me the following:
Set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Set oFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
DataDir = oFSO.GetParentFolderName(WScript.ScriptFullName)
PWCGDir = oFSO.GetParentFolderName(oFSO.GetAbsolutePathName("..\RoFCampaign\RoFCampaign.jar"))
oFSO.DeleteFile WScript.ScriptFullName
Dim Timestamp
TmpPath = oFSO.BuildPath(PWCGDir, "autostart.tmp")
If oFSO.FileExists(TmpPath) THEN
Set oFile = oFSO.GetFile(TmpPath)
Timestamp = oFile.DateLastModified
Set oFile = Nothing
END IF
oShell.CurrentDirectory = PWCGDir
oShell.Run oFSO.GetFileName("..\RoFCampaign\RoFCampaign.jar") & " -integrated", 1, True
oShell.AppActivate("Rise of Flight")
oShell.SendKeys "{Enter}"
IF oFSO.FileExists(TmpPath) THEN
IF Timestamp <> oFile.DateLastModified THEN
oFile.Copy oFSO.BuildPath(DataDir,"PWCG.autostart.txt"), True
ELSE
oFile.Delete
END IF
Set oFile = Nothing
END IF

I close this box and then return to RoF and see the message "Waiting for the next mission…" with a "Cancel" button. Don't know what to do at this point, but THANKS for all the help guys!!

JimHS

#89 Avatar

Posted 10 October 2012 - 21:04

Now that I've been able to play with this mod a little bit I just wanted to say great job, AnKor85, you have done a excellent service to the community with this mod of yours! And of course, thanks to Pat and the 777 team for making this happen, too. Works like a dream! :S!:

ASUS Maximus VII, i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 970 SSC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133, Win 7 Pro, Track IR5, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, 2 MFCDs, 32" Bravia & 2 19" Syncmaster monitors

#90 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 10 October 2012 - 21:24

For the record it was my idea. :-)

Jason

#91 Feathered_IV

Feathered_IV

Posted 10 October 2012 - 21:30

Well done :)

I think my version of Windows doesn't like tabbing in and out of RoF. Despite earlier advice it still hangs for me when I try to jump back into the game. I don't think it's a fault of the program though, as I recall I wasn't able to previously either.

#92 Shutter

Shutter
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 10 October 2012 - 21:43

Thanks gentlemen,

I'm making progress…..I'm now seeing a "PWCG" button in RoF Main Menu! Followed Raine's suggestion and changed mission_text_log=1. Now when I hit the PWCG button I go to the desktop with a window that shows me the following:
PWCGDir = oFSO.GetParentFolderName(oFSO.GetAbsolutePathName("..\RoFCampaign\RoFCampaign.jar"))
Dim Timestamp
Set oFile = Nothing
END IF
oShell.Run oFSO.GetFileName("..\RoFCampaign\RoFCampaign.jar") & " -integrated", 1, True
ELSE
oFile.Delete
END IF
Set oFile = Nothing
END IF

I close this box and then return to RoF and see the message "Waiting for the next mission…" with a "Cancel" button. Don't know what to do at this point, but THANKS for all the help guys!!

JimHS

:xx: This is what I'm getting. I am sure I'll get it to run (I'm determined because I'm so jealous of those who have it running)!!

I'm going home and checking to see if I have the latest version of Java installed. :D

#93 Stick-95

Stick-95

Posted 10 October 2012 - 21:49

Jason

lol…any more up your sleeve? ;)

#94 Avatar

Posted 10 October 2012 - 21:54

Jason

Well then, triple kudos to you then sir!! :S!: :D

ASUS Maximus VII, i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 970 SSC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133, Win 7 Pro, Track IR5, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, 2 MFCDs, 32" Bravia & 2 19" Syncmaster monitors

#95 Shutter

Shutter

Posted 10 October 2012 - 23:44

Thanks gentlemen,

Dim Timestamp
Set oFile = Nothing
END IF
ELSE
oFile.Delete
END IF
Set oFile = Nothing
END IF

JimHS

:xx: This is what I'm getting. I am sure I'll get it to run (I'm determined because I'm so jealous of those who have it running)!!

I'm going home and checking to see if I have the latest version of Java installed. :D

:cry: BUMMER!!! No luck, any suggestions? :(

#96 OlPaint01

OlPaint01

Posted 11 October 2012 - 00:58

For all you folks that are seeing the ~tmpxxxxxxx.vbs showing up in a Notepad window and not getting the PWCG_GUI_Mod to work from inside ROF, AnKor85 has already suggested a fix. See page 5 of this thread for his suggestion.

Basically, you have the File Association in the Registry for a .VBS file designated to open the the file with NotePad. You need to point the File Association away from Notepad and set it to Wscript.exe instead of Notepad. AnKor85's fix tells you how to do this. The fix worked for me and PWCG_GUI_Mod is operating as advertised.

OlPaint

#97 JimHS

JimHS

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:58

Thanks OlPaint01 but when I tried this fix it simply opened another window with a new set of commands. Same problem but with different contents…..

Thanks again…..

JimHS

#98 von_Heimler

von_Heimler
  • LocationChilliwack, BC Canada

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:24

Thanks OlPaint01 but when I tried this fix it simply opened another window with a new set of commands. Same problem but with different contents…..

Thanks again…..

JimHS

If you are on windows 7 here is my fix:

Look at fifth post from the top

It's pretty straight forward and was able to correct the association and am not a tech geek, so am sure you'll get it as well.

Cheers,

Signature_zpsy2runyft.jpg

"Become an Ace by mastering your aircraft!"

#99 Raine

Raine

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:10

Thanks gentlemen,

Dim Timestamp
Set oFile = Nothing
END IF
ELSE
oFile.Delete
END IF
Set oFile = Nothing
END IF

JimHS

Jim – This is where I try sacrificing a chicken to the computer god. Is your Java up to date?

#100 Shutter

Shutter

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:48

Jim – This is where I try sacrificing a chicken to the computer god. Is your Java up to date?

:( I REALLY hate to say this, but I'm in the same boat! Oil's fix seemed to work. And yes, I updated my Java to the latest and greatest. :0o:

Now when I try to run the mod, PWCG comes up, I click "fly mission", ROF comes back up, the accept button has a count down, the theater comes up for ONE second and then dumps back to the main menu. :o

#101 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:51

For those of you who are having troubles, does PWCG work okay for you without using the new GUI?

Seems kind of important that it does. Just wondering….

#102 ER_O_v._Kessler

ER_O_v._Kessler

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:52

Sorry, for me it is impossible to install it, i get the message the file will be cut and corrupted, installation not possible

Spandau.. What else ?? :icon_mad:

#103 Shutter

Shutter

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:02

For those of you who are having troubles, does PWCG work okay for you without using the new GUI?

Seems kind of important that it does. Just wondering….

Yes, it does. :|

#104 AnKor85

AnKor85

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:05

I think I soon will have to make a thread with frequently asked questions :)

As was posted before if instead of PWCG starting you are getting a Notepad window with some text try following solutions:
http://www.winhelpon...n-with-notepad/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.winhelpon....com/blog/vbscr … h-notepad/
http://www.ehow.com/...s-wont-run.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ehow.com/...7565714_vbs-scr … t-run.html (thanks to von_Heimler!)
The latter one should work for both XP and Windows 7. Try Step 3 there even if you are on XP, most likely you already have the needed program.

The issue is not related to Java, instead somehow you've got your VBS files associated with Notepad (and in case of JimHS it seems that REG files are also associated with Notepad instead of Regedit - that's why the first solution doesn't work for you).
I'm amazed how many people got this problem. I expected some issues, but not this one. On the other hand this small script is the weakest link in my mod, but it is needed to connect ROF GUI to PWCG. Getting rid of it will involve much more work from me and Pat.

Shutterbug,
Try the same mission - you will be able to find it in Missions screen as you do normally - first without my mod and then "mods OFF" - there may be problem with the mission itself, or any other mod.

Otto_v_Kessler,
Hmm… Some people reported the same problem with download yesterday. I'm not sure what happening, the archive is hosted on 777 server.

Feathered_IV,
You may be not alone. Pat himself said that he had troubles with switching back to ROF, but this was the only reported case so I wasn't able to figure out what happens.
Can you just alt-tab from ROF and back? Or it hangs too?
When you click "Fly Mission" in PWCG does it return you to ROF or it appears to be hung?
If you just close PWCG without clicking "Fly Mission" does it return you to ROF? If not, can you just click on ROF icon to bring it back?

#105 ER_O_v._Kessler

ER_O_v._Kessler

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:03

Now it works.. What have i done?
First i download and install JAVA !!! from here : http://www.java.com/de/download/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.java.com/de/download/
then i download PWCG from here: http://www.camelfag....RoFCampaign.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.camelfag....downloads/RoFCa … mpaign.zip
and install it.
than install the the update.
start RoF and you see after loging in on the screenbottom the pwcg-window

Spandau.. What else ?? :icon_mad:

#106 3instein

3instein

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:24

3instein, no you don't need to reinstall PWCG, the mod works with existing version.

Let's try to find out what happening:
Turn OFF mods, start the game and select the problematic mission as you do normally, i.e. go to Missions list and start it manually.
If the mission still crashes in "mods off" - there is a problem in the mission and it must be a bug in PWCG. This is very unlikely, though.

If the mission doesn't crash "mods off" then turn "mods ON" again, but this time uninstall the UI mod (delete "data\swf\interface.gfx" before starting the game) and try to run the same mission manually. If it still crashes then there's a problem with some other mod. Do you normally use any other mods?

However, if it crashes only with my UI mod then I'll have to think what may be wrong there.

Added
EDIT: I don't have any other mods on or JSGME mods in my ROF folder.
Hmm… Just noticed that.
Well, I'd still try to check how the same mission works "mods off" and "mods on but without interface.gfx". Just to rule out any chances for leftover incompatible files from other mods.

Hi anKor85,thanks for trying to help me with this problem buddy.
I done what you suggested and started ROF mods off and played the mission that Pats had generated and the mission went smooth no problem.
I then closed the game and started with mods on after deleting the gfx. thingy and after we got into the air,the game just went to the usual"ROF isn't working and windows is looking for a solution"
I hope this helps pin the problem a little better and I am open to any more suggestions you could offer.
Thanks again M8,
Mick. :S!:

#107 Hokus

Hokus

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:15

Hi, at first glance everything is fine, when I run ROF, but instead I will start the generator utility to update the mobile phone :D
Java and everything else is downloaded and installed.
What program should run RoFCampaign.jar?
I have assigned to it only RAR file and Nokia Suite.

Tnx

#108 gwalch

gwalch

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:25

Got Pat's generator on my machine but nowhere in the game it seems.
I keep getting this message "failed to make campaign panel.campaign directory does not exist c:\windows32 campaigns."
All this despite my having directed it to my usual ROF location - D:\Rise of Flight\bin game\release\rof updater.exe.
No problems there usually ie,with skins.
The mod,well,nothing as yet.
Back to work now,look forward to any suggestions if you have any.

#109 AnKor85

AnKor85

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:13

3instein,
I've made a small utility that will list all modded files: Mod Search and Removal Tool
Try it to see if there any modded files that you may have forgotten about.

Hokus,
for me it is "Java™ Platform SE binary".

gwalch,
Sorry, can't help with that. It seems to be PWCG error, try to ask here Pat Wilson Campaign Generator support

#110 JimHS

JimHS

Posted 11 October 2012 - 14:00

Raine,

Yup, Java is up to date…..

Jim

#111 Shutter

Shutter

Posted 11 October 2012 - 14:53

I think I soon will have to make a thread with frequently asked questions :)

As was posted before if instead of PWCG starting you are getting a Notepad window with some text try following solutions:
http://www.winhelpon...n-with-notepad/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.winhelpon....com/blog/vbscr … h-notepad/
http://www.ehow.com/...s-wont-run.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ehow.com/...7565714_vbs-scr … t-run.html (thanks to von_Heimler!)
The latter one should work for both XP and Windows 7. Try Step 3 there even if you are on XP, most likely you already have the needed program.

The issue is not related to Java, instead somehow you've got your VBS files associated with Notepad (and in case of JimHS it seems that REG files are also associated with Notepad instead of Regedit - that's why the first solution doesn't work for you).
I'm amazed how many people got this problem. I expected some issues, but not this one. On the other hand this small script is the weakest link in my mod, but it is needed to connect ROF GUI to PWCG. Getting rid of it will involve much more work from me and Pat.

Shutterbug,
Try the same mission - you will be able to find it in Missions screen as you do normally - first without my mod and then "mods OFF" - there may be problem with the mission itself, or any other mod.

Otto_v_Kessler,
Hmm… Some people reported the same problem with download yesterday. I'm not sure what happening, the archive is hosted on 777 server.

Feathered_IV,
You may be not alone. Pat himself said that he had troubles with switching back to ROF, but this was the only reported case so I wasn't able to figure out what happens.
Can you just alt-tab from ROF and back? Or it hangs too?
When you click "Fly Mission" in PWCG does it return you to ROF or it appears to be hung?
If you just close PWCG without clicking "Fly Mission" does it return you to ROF? If not, can you just click on ROF icon to bring it back?

AnKor, I started a new career on 1/1/1916, same results. BUT, then I started a career on 1/9/1916 (in Jasta 2) and it work!!! :x

I figure you have to have a career which matches the possible careers in the main ROF.

Thanks for the GREAT GUI! :S!:

#112 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 11 October 2012 - 15:00

AnKor, I started a new career on 1/1/1916, same results. BUT, then I started a career on 1/9/1916 (in Jasta 2) and it work!!! :x

I figure you have to have a career which matches the possible careers in the main ROF.

That's not true at all. I've set up many PWCG campaigns in early 1916.

I always use real aces (I add their middle initials so they don't get confused with the names of the same real aces Pat uses) and base the start dates on the month they had their first victory, according to The Aerodrome ace profiles.

Right now, I have Jean Navarre patrolling over Verdun in his red Noop 11 and it is February 1916. Works just fine with the new GUI.

#113 Shutter

Shutter

Posted 11 October 2012 - 17:42

I always use real aces (I add their middle initials so they don't get confused with the names of the same real aces Pat uses) and base the start dates on the month they had their first victory, according to The Aerodrome ace profiles.

Right now, I have Jean Navarre patrolling over Verdun in his red Noop 11 and it is February 1916. Works just fine with the new GUI.

:?: Well, than I guess I got a false solution. I'll try another earlier career, I'll see what happens. :D

#114 aircastellon

aircastellon

Posted 11 October 2012 - 19:02

Hi, one question… why you use real aces?, in the Pat Campaign the aces are irreal?… I don´t understand you, sorry.

Thanks

#115 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 11 October 2012 - 19:43

It's just my way of saluting their memories. I've read about these guys all my life, toured the Western Front, visited their graves, been to all the museums.

I make sure I don't fly any missions where there are two (me and the other real ace), for example, two Mick Mannocks. By putting in their middle initials when I create them, I avoid any mixups.

It's not required that you understand or try to do the same thing. :mrgreen:

#116 aircastellon

aircastellon

Posted 11 October 2012 - 19:51

It's just my way of saluting their memories. I've read about these guys all my life, toured the Western Front, visited their graves, been to all the museums.

I make sure I don't fly any missions where there are two (me and the other real ace), for example, two Mick Mannocks. By putting in their middle initials when I create them, I avoid any mixups.

It's not required that you understand or try to do the same thing. :mrgreen:

Ahhh ok… you fly with an ace name and his skin, that´s correct?

I am an aviation fan too and I understand you :S!:

#117 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 11 October 2012 - 19:55

Yes, I use the correct skin. Most are available ;)

#118 aircastellon

aircastellon

Posted 11 October 2012 - 20:02

Yes, I use the correct skin. Most are available ;)

I fly as myself with a generic skin of my Squadron/Jasta so I haven´t that problem with aces ;)

#119 gwalch

gwalch

Posted 11 October 2012 - 22:19

I'm sure I should be in a lower grade,but I'm still hanging on here.
Not sure if I am really near to getting things to work,but at least I have a home page for PWCG.
Problem now is that I can't get any further than selecting a squadron,date and pilot.
My name is never highlighted in the assigned pilots and so,obviously,I'm stuck.
I may be along way from getting this to work,but do you think there is hope yet?
Why o why can't 777 take Pat on board and try and simplify things for me and,doubtless,others like me?

#120 3instein

3instein

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:33

Hi anKor,that seemed to do the trick.
I checked the lua box and let it delete whatever,quite a lot.There was still stuff left that it didn't delete but I am sure they are just skins.
I just flew a complete PWCG mission and even claimed 4 Albatros D.III's. :0o:

I only had time to do one complete mission but all seems good,very good here thank's to yourself,cheers.
You guys that made this mod are awesome,it makes it so much more fun,the furball that ensued was the biggest I have seen in ROF and was a joy and nervous to be involved in.
Brilliant,
Mick. :S!:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users